Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rubyisgodinthesaddle
25 Sep 12 21:49
| Topic/replies: 4,564 | Blogger: rubyisgodinthesaddle's blog
Finally the long summer is over and we are back. Slowly however but we are back and kicks off with Noel Meade and Nina on Benevolent up north.

Also Sea of Thunder is entered up for a Beginners Chase on Sunday I see as is the Gordon Elliot Un Beau Matin also on Saturday.

Let the fun begin!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 15  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 575
By:
workrider
When: 25 Sep 12 22:25
how did the p/l work out on them last season ruby.....?
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 25 Sep 12 22:27
Did not do one but i start one in Novemeber wait until we get a few weeks in before we start looking at P/l.

Good idea tho!

Be interesting how this Meade runner goes tomorrow, this fella ran well in a point and the ground is p2p won't be surprise to see it go off fav
By:
workrider
When: 25 Sep 12 22:30
yeah lets see if backing them over the season could make a profit...a worthwhile exercise imo...over to you ruby....your in charge ....
By:
Ozymandius
When: 25 Sep 12 23:21
Laugh yes Gaffer.  I shall run the numbers for you.  Stand by.
By:
punchestown
When: 26 Sep 12 10:17
Benevolent's race looks interesting with the Muliins horse not as solid in the market as you might expect,the market alone should be worth watching let alone the race Happy
By:
Slabster
When: 26 Sep 12 12:31
Any idea where we'll see Un Atout next Ruby?
By:
tony57
When: 26 Sep 12 15:52
ive had a word for meades in the bumper..im surprised its fav tho..i thought i,d get 2/1..or bigger?..but as long as it stays this side of evens i,ll play ..good luck all
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 26 Sep 12 18:13
To hell with it. I backed it.....too much money to ignore and put in the research what's the point if you don't invest
By:
bobbybocala
When: 26 Sep 12 18:44
was going to back it......but was afraid wonker was on.....
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 26 Sep 12 19:10
Pathetic effort, barely able to lift a leg.

Shocker....I leave the money say until November after that!
By:
workrider
When: 26 Sep 12 19:16
not a lot of promise there ruby...maybe like willie , the trainer might say ...it never went on the ground...back to the drawing board....
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Sep 12 19:24
Beef to the heels and Carlito Brigante due to run at Perth tomorrow, Davy rides both.
By:
Jumping
When: 26 Sep 12 19:48
I think their big horse this year is an unraced 4yo tony Martin has. I think his running him in the Tralee point on 7th October. Ment to be a machine. Not in giggy colours yet but a deal is ment to be in place pending his debut point run..
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 27 Sep 12 21:01
2 s2nds today for Gigginstown Carlito Brigante and Beef To Heels.

Slabster

Forgive me for not replying about Un Atout I was furious with that awful effort last night.I would imagine they will be aiming for the Supreme Novice Hurdle over 2 miles at the festival with at most 4 runs before hand. So lets say a Maiden Hurdle, Leapardstown Xmas and fill in from there. Obvious animal that will be dealt with extreme care.

Rivage D'Or hacked up during the week. Keep onside Dessie Hughes this year after his rancid year last year
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 28 Sep 12 20:04
Tofino Bay
Sea of Thunder

You would expect both to run very well if not win!
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 28 Sep 12 20:58
Make A Track also runs!
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 29 Sep 12 20:25
Tofino Bay won nicely today and another 2 for Hughes today. As I said this is the time to catch him.

Hopefully Sea of Thunder will hack up tomorrow in the Novice Chase
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 29 Sep 12 23:23
Irish champion National Hunt jockey Davy Russell is excited about the prospect of partnering three-time bumper winner Don Cossack over hurdles when the jumps season properly kicks into gear.

Fifth on his debut at Punchestown in May 2011, Gordon Elliott's five-year-old was unbeaten last term and completed a hat-trick with a 17-length victory at Fairyhouse in April.

He is regarded as a contender for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle at the 2013 Cheltenham Festival and Russell believes the jumping game will not halt his progress.

“We actually schooled him before he ever ran last year and also in between runs,” Russell told At The Races.

“He has all that done, so all we’ll do is refresh his memory. Every time we schooled him last year he never looked left or right and jumped great, so I don’t see why there would be any problem this year.

“By all accounts he's got bigger and stronger.”

The German-bred son of Sholokhov made significant improvement after finishing fifth to King Vuvuzela on his debut, once he had been transferred to the Elliott yard from that of Eddie Hales.

He was partnered by Nina Carberry on his next three starts and put up eye-catching performances in all of them, starting with an impressive victory at Naas last October.

Don Cossack then came from a mile back to just get up at Navan in December and connections then took the decision to miss the Cheltenham Festival and instead aim for Fairyhouse.

Russell will ride Don Cossack at every opportunity this season as the horse is owned by the Gigginstown House Stud which has first claim on his services.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 30 Sep 12 15:11
Here a quick preview of another Supreme Novice potential horse

ANGE BLANC (4 gr g Keltos - Trasimene)
Form: 1- Trainer: Noel Meade Owner: Gigginstown House Stud

Out of a half sister to the yard's mercurial but very talented hurdler Harchibald, this gelding made his debut outing in a well-contested bumper at Punchestown (heavy) back in February, going off co-favourite of three at 7/2. He raced on the outer in the group behind the clear leaders, moving closer from half a mile out and arriving on the scene going strongly over two furlongs out, shaken up to lead over a furlong out and keeping on well for hand riding to run out a comfortable 2¾ length winner over Kauto Grand Mogol. He was subsequently purchased by Gigginstown House Stud following that victory, presumably for a tilt at something such as the Champion Bumper event back at Punchestown a couple of months later, but he wasn't to be seen again after that debut win for whatever reason (held entries). He is type to do better still in his second season anyway, and the race he won on debut has already produced a couple of useful-looking subsequent winners in Kauto Grand Mogol and Summer Star; no surprise whatsoever to see this grey gelding develop into a serious Supreme Novice Hurdle contender as the season progresses; very exciting prospect.

Noted: I did not do this write up

COPS AND ROBBERS (4 ch g Pivotal - Threefold)
Form: 3- Trainer: Noel Meade Owner: Gigginstown House Stud

Flat-bred gelding who is a half brother to high-class middle distance stayers Hi Calypso and Warringah among others, and he only saw action three times for Sir Michael Stoute as a three-year-old, chasing home useful stayer Thimaar on his debut before (narrowly) winning his maiden next time. He ended his brief first season with a low-key performance on his handicap debut at Haydock over 14f, finishing sixth; however, that didn't deter current connections forking out 125,000gns for him, and he made his belated debut for them when contesting a 2m Grade 3 hurdle at Fairyhouse in April. He was waited with right at the back of the field, making good progress on the outer on the approach to the home straight, halting his challenge with a lackadaisical jump at the second last, still showing signs of inexperience under pressure (only his fourth career outing after all) but keeping on well from the last flight to take third behind Ballynacree (beaten 8¼ lengths). It was a commendable effort for various reasons, not least because it was his first run for over seven months, and to debut against more proven/experience rivals at Grade 3 level and still make the frame is hugely promising; still looked as though he wasn't fully clued up and once everything clicks, this good-looking son of Pivotal could take off in a big way in the novice hurdle division this season.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 30 Sep 12 16:48
• September 29, 2012 8:25 PM BST
Tofino Bay won nicely today and another 2 for Hughes today. As I said this is the time to catch him.

Hopefully Sea of Thunder will hack up tomorrow in the Novice Chase

And boy did he, should have fallen but stayed up, sweated and very fresh early on and still one.

There's another smashing 3 Mile Chasing prospect for the team
By:
workrider
When: 30 Sep 12 18:01
layed this guy today ..what a recovery by davy....Cry..one to watch indeed....
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 30 Sep 12 19:20
Ah yeah was great recovery, doesn't look like we will see him a lot in the Winter due to the fact he needs good ground according to the Jockey. I never realised he is a half bro to Macs Joy.

Looks like he is going to Cheltenham for the Paddy Power meeting after that.
By:
workrider
When: 30 Sep 12 22:22
i suppose in hindsight he was a shoe in today..weather the form amounts to much is another thing ...he just might need more experience before going to cheltenham...
By:
BJG
When: 30 Sep 12 22:29
Been any news on Un Atout or Sword of Destiny?
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 30 Sep 12 22:37
I think the fact he should have won last season and he seems to want good ground. Yes Jumping was very iffy but he got around and won despite that and has a engine inside him!

No news BJG, too early yet for those Horses to come out. Have to wait for stable tours
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 01 Oct 12 20:41
Update for Week

Notable Entries:

Ravished
Rule the World
both Mouse Morris

First Lieutenant could also make reappereance

Il Fenomeno in a novice chase as is Rocky Wednesday

I would keep an eye out for the Mouse pair both costly but also highly thought of at the Sales from the reports I have read.
By:
stevo1
When: 02 Oct 12 10:04
Ruby where is FL supposed to be heading? Thanks
By:
stevo1
When: 02 Oct 12 10:09
Seen it Gowran Saturday against Sizing could be cracker if showing up?
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 05 Oct 12 20:11
First Lieutenant runs against Sizing Tomorrow. Nothing else to note for the weekend!
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 06 Oct 12 10:39
Only really Sizing Europe to beat as some of the runners are N/R'S

2m4f on decent ground around a good jumping track like Gowran, i be disappointed if he can't win this actually. I think Sizing has to be at the end of the rope at his age. FL is a very good horse just needs to improve his jumping and improve maybe 7lb-14lb which can easily happen over the summer.
By:
workrider
When: 06 Oct 12 11:00
no mention of roi du mee ruby ...?...f/l needs to improve 7lb 14lb you think ...i'd find it hard to believe he'd find that kind of improvement tbh...plus his jumping as you say yourself needs to hold up....an  old stager like sizzing might lull him into a few mistakes along the way ...good luck with it though ....
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 06 Oct 12 11:42
Nah Roi Du Mee is not up to this class of animal. I not putting cash on FL but i be disappointed if he can't run a very good race.

I felt his season just never got going last year!
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 06 Oct 12 14:06
id rather be with FL at the prices,SE at 4/6 first time out over 2M4F,No thanks.
By:
dj876
When: 06 Oct 12 15:36
First Lieutenant is way overpriced imo at 3.8,second to Bobs worth in last years Rsa,winner of the sun alliance hurdle the year before beating subsequent Champion hurdle winner.The time to catch him is on his seasonal debut runs really well fresh.
06/03/10-wins bumper on debut
29/12/10-wins after 2 months off
16/3/11-wins after 3 months off
2/10/11-wins after 4 months off
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 06 Oct 12 15:39
CoolCool DJ

Mouse obviously has him out early for the good ground, I doubt you will see him when its heavy. Again I can't see him not running a fantastic race!
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 06 Oct 12 15:56
Really poor effort there and you would have to think he has gone the wrong way. His jumping is still very poor and laboured. Back to Hurdles if I owned him. Take your chances!! worked well with War of Attrition i gueesConfused
By:
workrider
When: 06 Oct 12 15:59
that 7/14 lb improvement  not on display today ruby...
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 06 Oct 12 16:03
Needs further and far from fit imo,Wouldn't be so quick to right him off ruby
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 06 Oct 12 16:03
Certainly not Wonky, could be second season illness Chasers do get.

Put everything was right for a big run and he did not deliver, very disappointing for connections!
Page 1 of 15  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com