Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
15 Jul 12 22:13
| Topic/replies: 6,582 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
Lytham and St Annes this year. Have Padraig ew at 25‘s ante post,haven‘t finalised any other additions. Feel free to post any fancies. Good luck all.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 106
By:
da fallon factor
When: 16 Jul 12 00:30
having backed bubba at 50s for masters and webb at 80s ffor us open im going for hatrick this week,i travelled over to st georges last year for the open and it was a young american who caught my eye,he looked made for links golf and really seemed to enjoy the battle against the tough windy rainy conditions which he would never experience in his home place of california step foward RICKIE FOWLER
By:
pa lapsy
When: 16 Jul 12 12:33
The official open site has a terrific flyover view of the course,seems to me after looking at it you have to stay out of the bunkers.
Americans Duval and Lehman have won the last twice it,s been played here,so while normally you tend to discount them on a linksy type course maybe not here.
Weather on most sites seem to say there is no noticeable advantage at this stage between late and early starters.
Really found it hard to see any "value" here,players i thought were a bit big;
Bubba 80+
Bill Haas 250+
Y E Yang 250+
Jbe Kruger 800+
G. Fernadez-castano 600+
Johnson Wagner 700+
Starting with that lot and as always in case at least one or two aren,t thereabouts on friday evening,will have another go for the weekend.
Round the clock coverage,(but less of Peter please) gl with your picks.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 16 Jul 12 19:44
Tight course so straight hitters should be preferred. Again Woods has to go close if he hits irons of the tee much like Lytham at Saint Annes. I have to look at the weather forecast and see can any advantages be gained from that!
By:
huddys
When: 16 Jul 12 20:58
Have to agree with you fallon about fowler hes a player ive been following for a long time,backed him e/w last year so il be doing the same again this year,also dustin johnson played great last year aswell in the bad weather so their my 2 e/w bet so far at 40/1 with powers,they are playing 7 places,i backed tiger aswell with them today at 9/1,going to do trixie on 3 player to be top winner from their country will post them when ive decided,best of luck have to say i love the open with the bbc coverage,best of luck.
By:
huddys
When: 16 Jul 12 21:03
Dustin is 50/1 even betterHappy
By:
Deplasterer
When: 16 Jul 12 21:32
Brutal rough by all accounts, should be fun to see some big numbers from the pros. Final pick is Jason Dufner,no real links form but the yanks have a good record here and he‘s straight as a gun barrel ew.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 16 Jul 12 22:16
Free comp on the golf forum, decent prizes too, well worth a shot.
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 12 22:42
my 4 against the field ...b snedeker....345/1...troy kelly 1000/1....a romero 235/1...
t immelman 465/1/....a mixture of youth and experience..hopefully a few of these make the weekend.....looking forward to this feast of golf...the best open in the world imo....
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 17 Jul 12 00:10
my main 2 bets are harrington and g mac.....

then 5 outsiders , laird 170, r.rock 200, j byrd 240, r ramsay 400, m. baldwin 570.

will add  2 or 3  after round 1. GL all.
By:
kiddo112
When: 17 Jul 12 12:48
Powers 10/1 Tiger in shops
By:
trooper thornton
When: 17 Jul 12 12:54
are p-owers the only ones paying 7 places
By:
db1974
When: 17 Jul 12 13:06
Bar-One & Stan also paying 7 places

Ladbrokes also 10/1 Tiger at the moment (don't know if it's a special or just on the drift)
By:
Deplasterer
When: 17 Jul 12 13:39
Pod 25's with A McClean, 20's Westwood also.

http://www.amcleanbookmakers.com/golf/
By:
db1974
When: 17 Jul 12 14:25
Going to try to hold off until tomorrow

In the Masters week there was a clamour among some books to be able to say that they were best price on top 10/20/30/whatever so hopefully might a couple even bigger prices tomorrow
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 17 Jul 12 20:41
I guess we can take that those quoted in betting list are all taking part............. if so the old favourites for me one last time Jim Furyk, Greg Owen, who is coming home to play, and is after a rest,(I think),and Greg has been doing better in his more recent outings, also throw in Scott and Schwartzel, with Pod and Ben Curtis.
Good luck everyone thatz having a stab.
By:
Kalanisi
When: 17 Jul 12 23:36
Zach Johnson 80/1
John Senden 170/1

Good Luck All
By:
pa lapsy
When: 18 Jul 12 13:10
Have to do Hoey at 16,s again in top Irish market again,think its way overpriced, course looks as if its going to suit(Alfred Dunhill winner) looks to have only 3 serious opponents in Mcilroy,Harrington and Mcdowell.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 18 Jul 12 13:50
Straight hitting essential so

Francesco Molinari
Jason Dufner
Zach Johnson

Three immaculate players from tee to green,Zach the best putter other two can be dodgy,Dufner fresh as he has had a rest the other two are bang in form but could be fatigued,they will give you a good run all the same.
By:
db1974
When: 18 Jul 12 13:59
Right I've done

Harrington 20/1
McDowell 35/1
Fowler 40/1
F Moliniari 50.0
Furyk 60.0
Dufner 60.0
By:
Ozymandius
When: 18 Jul 12 14:08
Also going with

Harrington
McDowell
Fowler

plus

Zach Johnson
Ben Curtis
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jul 12 16:26
well i'll be ....wildmanfrombeorneo , having a bet on the golf ...may god forgive ye huddy etc ...Laugh
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 18 Jul 12 20:48
My bet is Tiger Woods top American at 5/2 with Laddies.

Best of luck!
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 18 Jul 12 20:57
Rickie Fowler
Jason Duffner
Padraig Harrington

A few speculative long shots in;
Gary Woodland
Thorbjorn Olesen
Robert Rock

Gl all.
By:
kavvie
When: 18 Jul 12 22:14
no one mentioning lee westwood?course will suit him?
By:
keen leader
When: 18 Jul 12 22:39
just 3 simple, perhaps, moneymaking lays for this open.

lay harrington top 5 at 6.2.
lay harrington top 10 at 3.8.
lay harrington top 20 at 2.1.

happy viewing possums.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 18 Jul 12 22:42
He,s accurate off the tee and with his irons,putting lets him down is my take on him kavvie and 13/1 isn,t big for someone that hasn,t won a decent tournament for years.Not doing too well on the golf meself lately,sooo......
December in South Africa theres a course that really suits him(won last 2 years)Wink
By:
Deplasterer
When: 18 Jul 12 22:45
Some kahoonas on you KL, 2top 10‘s and a top 5 already first 2 majors plus his fav major!Excited
Surprised
By:
Deplasterer
When: 18 Jul 12 22:48
BTW, Couldnt residt, 28‘s Pod. 1st round leader ew!Tongue Out
By:
moneypenny
When: 18 Jul 12 23:30
KL- that strategy would have cost you money at the masters and the us open
Dont understand your logic
By:
kavvie
When: 18 Jul 12 23:32
im intrested also!!
By:
moneypenny
When: 18 Jul 12 23:41
In my opinion Tiger 10/1 and Rory 25/1 are good value bets at the current odds. A look at the graph shows both have traded at shorter than 5/1 and 7/1 respectively for decent money. What the lads taking these odds months in advance of the event are hoping to achieve is beyond me.
Any way I think if either makes any kind of decent start their price will collapse pretty quickly.
Both are worth decent back to lay bets.

I'll also have a few bob on Pod despite Keen Leaders views. I think he will go well
If i was going to lay him in any market it would be at 1.35 to make the cut as when he makes the cut there is no better man to grind his way up the leaderboard on major weekends as most of field go in the other direction
By:
keen leader
When: 19 Jul 12 00:28
moneypenny, this aint the us open or augusta.
he has a poor late afternoon first day draw.

harrington is not exactly playing the par 5s with distinction on any course at the moment, that may not matter
here with 5 in play.

what is very worrying for his supporters is that his record here at lytham on the par 4s(11 holes) is alarming..back in 2001 he was 10 over par on the par 4s alone. this course does not suit him on all evidence to date, unless you can unearth some secret rounds he has played here.

if you are a pod fan, his stagnation in the climax at portrush has to be a worry. i have him down as having peaked for the season and another winless campaign is in store for his loyal supporters.

if he wins or goes close, i will lose my dosh with a smile. i see it as a case of head over ruling heart with these lays.
By:
keen leader
When: 19 Jul 12 00:28
...typo..3 par 5s inplay...
By:
huddys
When: 19 Jul 12 00:29
ha i know workrider,went in again with a few more e/w coetzee noreen both 125/1,bubba watson 66/1,rose fisher 66/1,stanley 200/1,and ted potter 400/1,went for a little 3 ball trixie aswell for the early starters,john daly 15/8,gareth mulroy 6/4,and todd hamilton 7/4.
By:
punkha1
When: 19 Jul 12 00:52
Tiger to miss the cut 4/1.
Nick Watney to miss the cut 2/1.
Really think this is wide open for a big shock few quid on
Stricker & Schwartzel both @ 70s,Woodland 300s & KT Kim 400s all e/w Cool
By:
moneypenny
When: 19 Jul 12 01:14
Your really confusing me now KL
His record at Lytham is fine in the two opens he has played there
He shot two 68s when finishing in top 20 in 96 and he shot a 66 when finishing in the top 40 in 2001
By:
Rainier Wolfcastle
When: 19 Jul 12 10:47
Cannot for the life of me understand the support behind Rickie Fowler. Do you really think he'll have the patience to grind it out? Because that's the one thing that is guaranteed: to win you will need to have the patience of a saint. Fowler far too aggressive to have any chance of even being in contention imo.
By:
db1974
When: 19 Jul 12 10:52
Hoey having a nightmare out there. +6 after 13 holes
By:
Rainier Wolfcastle
When: 19 Jul 12 11:08
+8 thru 14 Plain
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page