Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
29 Jun 12 11:17
| Topic/replies: 791 | Blogger: workrider's blog
annual trip to dalymount tonight for me ....the great lady stripped of her charms , her once great charm now diminished by the passage of time ...the  great lady now looking like a bag lady ,bereft of passion , a shadow of her once great self .....but tonight for a few hours she will come alive ....noise , chants ,atmosphere ,will once again ring out in this magical arena of yesteryear ....may the best team win.....
Pause Switch to Standard View calling sof giant .
Show More
Report Sligored June 29, 2012 12:36 PM BST
WR, your very harsh - dalymount is my favourite away trip.
Report workrider June 29, 2012 4:04 PM BST
well hello sligored ,great to hear from you ,hope alls well my friend...i love dalymount ,its really sad to see its slide into decay...if the forces of darkness are ever to beat us its tonight sligored , we have without doubt the worst defence in the league , shocking would be my discription ...gartland how did he ever get a game for ye ...powell has been terribe ,gilbert , i've given up on him...sives having his worse season since he arrived ,oman not been playing well either ,the goalkeeper tbf had a good game last week ,its not before time though....if bohs beat us tonight my only consolation will be my brother , r.i.p. gave arron callahan his chance in football ...he spotted him and got him away to england...i'm hoping its a good game no matter what the result...
i have a feeling we shall reel ye in .when ye play in europe i think your squad will feel the pressure ..hows your golf ?...i think i'll pack it in i'm playing that bad....
Report Sligored June 29, 2012 6:18 PM BST
hows it going , wr. do more lurking than posting round here recently - hard to get a sports debate going without childish bickering - ye know who ye are.
The mons demise hurt us bad , missing out on a gate and giving yous and pats back dropped points, our last home league game was on may 18th - a long time to go with very little income.
Sligo havn't played well all season and i was amazed we were 7 points clear at the break. Based on an excellent goalie, peers, mcguinness and north the rest of the team has been inconsistent.

conor powell was terrible for us last year and i think you have not replaced mannus and it is having a bad effect on your whole defence. I know ye will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but i think pats are the best team i have seen or played against this year.

Golf ok, comfortable 12 handicap at the mo, dropped 9 shots in the last 5 holes for a 79 gross last sunday.

Heading to slovakia in a few weeks for the europa match (that was a great draw,very cheap and easy to get to).

Hopefully we can get a game soon but i have the kids at the weekends so struggle to get out.
Report workrider June 29, 2012 6:32 PM BST
yeah monaghan dropping out was sad , both for the loi and their supporters ,i never liked manus tbh...i think its only dawning on this guy now that he doesn't have the luxury of going back to spurs ...finally getting his act together for us... looking to get a few shots  back are you....Laugh...off to the game soon ...we might get a game in before the summer ends ...heading to killarney next weekend to relax....talk soon....
Report workrider June 29, 2012 10:48 PM BST
Cry
Report punkha1 June 30, 2012 12:32 AM BST
Some beating for Rovers tonight WR Kenny must be under severe pressure?
Hard to belive how poor Rovers have been this year with the bones of last years team.Lack of hunger?
That keeper looks very poor what ive seen of him needs to be shipped out.
Report Dan Chipowski June 30, 2012 12:48 AM BST
Laugh
Report huddys June 30, 2012 8:52 AM BST
im sick just not good enough and the buck ends with kenny,instead of signing hungry young players he went and signed journeymen players.the board have a huge decision to make now whether to sack him how,and pay up his 3 year deal,
Report Rocketfingers June 30, 2012 8:56 AM BST
Laugh
Report Giant Strides June 30, 2012 9:09 AM BST
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
4 laughs for 4 sweet goals!
Sweetness is..................Love
Report workrider June 30, 2012 10:03 AM BST
well done giant , fully deserved .....taking nothing away from bohs , but that has to be the worst rovers side to represent us in a long time....as i said in my opening remarks the poorest defence rovers have ever had ...gartland a joke , gilbert how this guy played in the english premiership tells its own story about same.....powell as huddys says a journeyman , oman very poor indeed , past his sell by date . what can you say about the keeper , i think someone from tottenham should go to specsavers for even given the lad a trial ...kenny and his assistant need purging , no plan , the defence has a look of bewilderment ,the rovers board have a lot to answer for appointing kenny ...while he was at bohs and derry he did nothing but make snide remarks about us ..then to cap it all his handling of the turner affair left a very bitter taste ...the guy has no understanding  for the club from what i can see ...in one season he could kill this great club..who in teir right mind would want to watch this kind of football he has them playing ..maybe we should byte the bullet and buy out his contract...but the board are as much to blame as him...well done again mate...good to see you back....
Report Giant Strides June 30, 2012 10:48 AM BST
When something happens completely unexpectedly it makes it even better wr.
Surreal!
In fairness, everything went our way for once, but we also wanted it more.
Very proud of our young lads. Huge character and a team for the future.

You do appear to be in trouble. Complete shambles at the back.
I thought we would kick start your season last night. How wrong I was?
Kenny was never the right man for that job.
Report workrider June 30, 2012 10:58 AM BST
fully agree giant...as outlined below...terrible signing by the board ....always going to come under fire from our supporters ...delighted for o'callahan.....i'm sure my brother will be having a wry smile at me....he's turned ye around and has ye playing a nice brand of football...
Report Sligored June 30, 2012 11:06 AM BST
Delighted for bohs ,i would say it was a great night at dalymount (the great lady stripped of her charms). As for shamrock rovers, i hear ye are in for brush again. A keeper has to be your first priority.
Couldnt make oriel last night but by all accounts we won ugly. Think we were a better team last year but replacing eoin doyle with danny north was a masterstroke. What a striker, i think the best we had in my lifetime.
Bray at home next saturday on the box, bring it on.
Report Rocketfingers June 30, 2012 11:11 AM BST
What happened with Turner WR? I heard something Kavanagh as well.

SR up last night North is some bit of stuff, best striker in the league bar none and i agree best striker i ever seen with us.
Report workrider June 30, 2012 11:27 AM BST
sligored we need a WHOLE NEW BACK LINE INCLUDING A KEEPER ....DONT KNOW WHY THE LAD FROM GALWAY NOT GETTING A LOOK IN ..he's had a few injuries ....we are so poor at the back i can see us  been humiliated in europe ...pat sullivan will be back soon thank god ...rice and sives on the bench and gilbert and gartland on the pitch......Cry...kenny and kavanagh dont see eye to eye from what i've heard ..kavanagh a smashing player if a little greedy....arron greene is useless ..ye did well to get rid of him i can tell you ....an over haul of major proportions required if we are to get back into it..
Report huddys June 30, 2012 10:10 PM BST
well done bohs say you were a happy man giant,as was said before the defence was a shambles,felt sick when i woke up this morning,the board have to cut our loses and pay kenny off and regroup and win the title back,
Report Giant Strides July 1, 2012 9:24 PM BST
I'm not happy now huddys!
I'm hearing rumours Kenny's gone.
Noooooooo.......
Kenny must stay, Kenny must stay woo oh... Laugh
Report huddys July 1, 2012 10:10 PM BST
yes giant your correct hes gone,rico caretaker manager til the end of the season.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 1, 2012 10:14 PM BST
Are Shamrock Rovers the Irish Leeds?
Report soldieroffortune July 1, 2012 10:18 PM BST
Giant its time to confess that you and I have applied for the Rovers job! Laugh
Report huddys July 1, 2012 10:22 PM BST
we had to get rid of the manager wildman,the team werent playing for him,and the players he signed were just there to pick up there handy few quid each week.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 1, 2012 10:27 PM BST
I agree my Leeds reference was concerning old big `ead himself,Kenny seemed to act like him.
Report Rocketfingers July 1, 2012 10:30 PM BST
Your post compared Shamrock Rovers to Leeds, not Kenny to Clough, get it right and stop talking rubbish.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 1, 2012 10:36 PM BST
What bit was wrong in your opinion.
Report workrider July 1, 2012 10:36 PM BST
really glad if he is....the guy was never one of us....the fans never took to him....
Report Giant Strides July 1, 2012 10:57 PM BST
Some achievement to make a mess of that lot.
Never saw it happening this quickly.
Obviously cant take the financial gamble of failing in Europe but it'll cost you either way.
Report Rocketfingers July 1, 2012 10:57 PM BST
Good news for you Shams fans he's not gone ! Give him the time and he can finish the job he started.
Report huddys July 1, 2012 11:55 PM BST
he's gone rockfinger hes lost the dressing room,that must be a joke saying he will finish the job,
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 12:06 AM BST
It' not huddys. RTE are saying he's not gone though.
Report huddys July 2, 2012 8:39 AM BST
its just a matter of time hes doing a deal with the board  for his pay off.hope the rumour about sligo arnt true thats doing the rounds,stuggling for money,must be some truth in the rumour because they have already gone to the fans a few months ago looking for money,have to say always liked going to sligo for the aways trips,tough draw for sligo in europe this year but you never know,would be great to see them going into the next round.
Report Sligored July 2, 2012 9:29 AM BST
Rumour not true , huddys , fund raising is an integral part of sligo rovers even though we had ourlast home league game on may 18th.
What you are doing is fuelling an unsubstaniated rumour.Our club members are asked to contribute 100 euro every june to help defray wage costs in the close season. Our annual fundraising draw has made 35,000 so far.
It might be hard for people on here to comprehend but thats what a community club do.
Report GANT007 July 2, 2012 2:01 PM BST
Sligored........Can you confirm Rocketfingers is a Sligo Rovers man or just a Dub on the wind up.
Cheers.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 2:14 PM BST
Sure how do you know we know each other? Sligo Rovers avg crowd is 2.5k this season, how do you expect him to know everyone?
Report GANT007 July 2, 2012 2:20 PM BST
That's not that big a crowd.........By all accounts the anti Gaa die hards are a small crew.
Sligored comes across as a proper supporter and is known to lads in other clubs around the country.........if you exist I bet he knows you.
Report GANT007 July 2, 2012 2:22 PM BST
If you go to away games he will know you...........
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 2:42 PM BST
But you asked him was i a dub? How would he know if he does not know me? Btw Anti Gaa not me gant and i think you have some neck calling me that, i start the most gaelic football betting threads on the forum.
Report kavvie July 2, 2012 3:14 PM BST
you do start them..to start stirring sh1t!!
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 3:38 PM BST
Kavvie i carefully used the words "GAA betting Threads", so what if i call it bogball hardly something you lads have not heard before. I will be going to the Hyde on Sunday week to cheer on the mighty magpies/All Blacks !
Report Sligored July 2, 2012 3:59 PM BST
gant - cant confirm i know rocketfingers but i suspect i do - i always think he gives a fairly well reasoned sporting tips/analysis.
Its hard to find reasoned people around here.

Speaking of gaa, i see theres a guy who knows very little about gaelic topping the gaa betting tips comp on here.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 4:26 PM BST
I suspect you don't because he is definitely from Dublin and if you think he is reasoned well you are easily fooled.I expect a vitriolic response because Huddys asked you a reasonable question about SLigo Rovers and you turned on him implying it was his fault ye were in some financial bother despite the fact that he said he always loved travelling to Sligo.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 4:48 PM BST
Good man SR a pint for you if i make Slovakia Cool

Wildbore, SR has a life i doubt he'll reply to you to be fair.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 4:51 PM BST
Presumably that means because you haven't a life you will reply on his behalf.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 5:02 PM BST
Sorry not replying to that.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 5:04 PM BST
You already did.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 5:09 PM BST
People suspected they knew who batman, superman, Robin and other super heroes were but could never confirm it Wildman, now leave well enough alone and enjoy the winning tips.
Report workrider July 2, 2012 5:12 PM BST
wildman , i know sligored having had the pleasure of his company on a few occasions , he is a fine upstanding gentleman ...with a wonderful family who i also met ...i dont think he was been abusive or even angry with huddys ..he was just making sure the rumour did not in fact spread.....once a rumour starts in loi football it snowballs ....
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 5:13 PM BST
Back being the Boy Wonder again,do you really call the frenetic Never Give Up Batman.
You are the worst type of Jackeen,one that is embarrassed by your background.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 5:15 PM BST
Point taken Workrider,I accept what you have just said which means it is a certainty he doesn't know the hapless Rocketfingers.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 5:18 PM BST
SligoRed is a very nice guy, so lay off him wildman, as WR said he just put a rumor to bed. As for your last line the worst type of Jackeen one that is embarrassed by your background this won't win you too many friends among the Dublin lads on here.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 5:21 PM BST
They are not embarrassed about their background like you,any man who denies his own county is a sleeves traitor.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 5:24 PM BST
But sure SR said he's pretty sure who i am, that should be enough for you and as WR said SR is a upstanding gentleman why would you doubt him? Game set and match amigo game set and match.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y July 2, 2012 5:26 PM BST
Are you 2 still having petty arguements?? And people try and say this is the best forum on here, pull the other one. Supposidly grown men fighting like 7 year olds every day Plain
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 5:31 PM BST
He wants to know who i am. Let it go wildman.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 5:31 PM BST
Premier don't close this avenue of enjoyment,it may be petty to you but it is a great laugh to me.
Trying to turn the word may into some certainty is wrong,I know you are a  Dub,Gant007 knows you are a Dub,Workrider,Huddys and Premier are all aghast at the news and are understandably in denial.
Report wildmanfromborneo July 2, 2012 5:33 PM BST
I know what you are alright as does everyone on here.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 5:40 PM BST
Thanks, leave it at that so Wildman.
Report workrider July 2, 2012 6:27 PM BST
still no word about kenny .....?
Report GANT007 July 2, 2012 6:44 PM BST
Workrider.......I bet Roddy is in Louis Copelands getting fitted for his new Rovers suit.
Report workrider July 2, 2012 6:57 PM BST
gant he wrote a lovely piece about my brother in one of the papers ..think it was the star ....my brother gave him a lot of backing when he started ....funny that roddy now arron...both bohs managers ...what was my brother doing ...when my brother died roddy was devastated and took it very badly ....i can safely say roddy wont be our next manager gant ...
Report GANT007 July 2, 2012 7:07 PM BST
Only joking......A chap that follows Rovers was having a laugh about it with us earlier........he reckoned anyone would do just to get rid of Kenny.

Fair play to Roddy.......Whats he gonna do....I know he has the cv out around south east asia at the moment......Friends of mine did a fair bit of construction work for his brother steve.
Report workrider July 2, 2012 7:15 PM BST
yeah not to many of our fans would want him back tbh...i hope he gets a job somewere ...his love of the game is evident for everyone to see ...just listened to kenny on mns ..he looks lost ....just like his defence....
Report huddys July 2, 2012 9:10 PM BST
fair enough sligored point taken,as i said just rumours going around,i would take no enjoyment if they were true,as i said before always a great away trip been on saturdays aswell,workrider the news is they are working on a deal with him at the moment,with so much money involved it might take a few days too work out,
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 9:32 PM BST
Well done Stephen Kenny on answering his critics tonight 4-0 up. If Kenny is left to finish the job he started he'll do it.
Report huddys July 2, 2012 9:45 PM BST
rocketfinger you must be living in a different world if you think kenny will do the business for the us,did you see his interview on mns.
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 9:53 PM BST
No, why? Give him a chance Huddys, win on Sunday and you're back in the race.
Report workrider July 2, 2012 10:07 PM BST
hope he goes , when i heard him say on mns.....these lads are showing me in TRAINING EVERYWEEK WHAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF....YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN TRAINING ....Laugh
Report Rocketfingers July 2, 2012 10:10 PM BST
Just watched it now, hmmm he seemed shaken to the core, but win on Sunday and it like what Bohs result
Report workrider July 2, 2012 10:17 PM BST
NO IT AIN'T ROCKET ...fri was a nightmare , under his command there's  been to many nightmares.....
Report Sligored July 2, 2012 10:44 PM BST
i think rocket sees kennys inadequacies as a launching pad for sligos league title bid - kenny should be gone in the morning and the mistake made by appointing him has been trebled by giving him a 3 year contract.
Having said that , the players are as much to blame as him.
Report Sligored July 3, 2012 2:42 PM BST
hardly the thing a team with financial difficulties would be doing , huddys

Sligo Rovers can announce the signings of Seamus Conneely and Jeff Henderson until the end of the 2013 Airtricity Premier Division season.

The defensive duo make the move to Rovers to take Ian Baraclough’s transfer window signings to three following Ryan Connolly’s switch to the Bit o’Red.

Connelly joins after leaving Sheffield United where he spent 18 months at the English League 1 club.

The right-back, who turns 24 next week, has represented the Republic of Ireland at Under-21 and Under-23 level.

Henderson signs for Rovers from Newcastle United where he spent seven years in their youth set-up and as captain of their reserve team.

The 20-year-old featured in the Newcastle first team squad and also had a spell on loan at Gateshead.
Report huddys July 3, 2012 8:26 PM BST
as i said before only rumour what i heard,looks good signing god could we do with signing a few defenders.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2012 8:36 PM BST
huddys you seem to take near pleasure in suggesting that another LOI team might be in trouble. Do you want the whole league to go bust mate? You'll soon understand that we need clubs like Bohs, Dundalk etc etc.
Report huddys July 3, 2012 8:57 PM BST
dont know how you came to think this rocketfingers,i would take no pleasure out of any club been in financial troubles,as i said in previous posts i always enjoyed going to sligo for a league game,great football town,and the league needs stronge teams so no i dont want any clubs stuggling money wise,we need all the teams been on a strong financial footing,this would make the league stronger and better,seems strange to think you think i would take pleasure out of this,why would you think i would take pleasure out of teams stuggling???
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2012 9:25 PM BST
Sure but yu had the same questions last year and the way you said "Must be some truth in it" seemed like you were kinda hoping for bad news. I always answered any question truthfully about the club or to the best of my knowledge to anybody who asks a question.
Report huddys July 3, 2012 9:46 PM BST
well i put it to you this way,when finn harps were in need of money and were looking for league of ireland fans to donate,myself along with alot of other rovers fans did,as a matter of interest did you help your near neighbours out?if what you said is true and sligo are doing ok financial well then im happy for sligo,does this finally clear things up.
Report Rocketfingers July 3, 2012 9:50 PM BST
I did actually if you must know, like i donated to Galway & Bohs last season and to Dundalk last weekend but i don't like to go around shouting about it, You help your neighbours Bohs out?.
Report Sligored July 3, 2012 9:56 PM BST
I think you are a football man , huddys , and wouldn't question your integrity but all i want is to think before you put up a rumour like this on an internet forum.
It does no one any good , and sligo are one team (shams excepting) that are doing things the right way - i have a fair (if not detailed) understanding of our finances and while things are tight, we are not spending money we dont have.
I dont like shamrock rovers , but that is more jealousy than anything else , but find most of their fans ok , and i get right behind them in europe.
Best of luck against Ekranas.
Hope to meet you for a pint before the season is out.
Report huddys July 3, 2012 10:05 PM BST
you have to draw the line somewhere rockfinger,no i didnt give bohs a penny,ok sligored point taken it was just stories that i heard,but you said you are ok then that great,going over for the 2nd leg sligored but have to say not very confident with the way things are going tor us,really cant see us keeping them from scoring in tallaght,have to say greene has been poor for us since he signed from you.
Report Sligored July 3, 2012 10:19 PM BST
Agree that greene is average , has football in him but a bit yellow . However we replaced him with Ross Gaynor , who is quite similar.
As for powell he was one of the worst players ever to pull on a sligo rovers jersey.
Says on boards.ie that jansson has signed till year end , good god what is kenny at , can he not find a better keeper than that clown.
Am heading to slovakia on the 17th myself , a lovely trip.
Am hoping ye get a result on sunday next.
Report workrider July 3, 2012 10:21 PM BST
thats what i mean sligored ....signing average players on massive wages ....that young galway lad not even getting a look in....
Report huddys July 3, 2012 10:25 PM BST
yes that true signed the keeper til the end of the year,our defence is a shambles with the keeper to garland to gilbert and sives been very poor this season and powell whos been shocking,enjoy your trip have to say arnt the european trip great crack,have to say cant see us winning anything with kenny the manager,did you see his interview on mns last night?
Report Sligored July 3, 2012 10:42 PM BST
danny north gave gartland a 5 yard start over 15 yards in the showgrounds earlier in the year and beat him easily to the ball - fitness levels are way down since mon left - letting in far too many late goals. Sullivan will improve things but the manager and your fitness levels are a starting point.
Having said that we have got a lot of luck this year, and if we lose peers, mcguinness, rogers or north for a long period , we will be in big trouble.
Report huddys July 3, 2012 10:53 PM BST
well hawkins was brough in as our defencive coach and bit player,so dosent look great on hawkins either.peers is suppose to be a player kenny been looking at but with everything up in air dont know whether the board will give him money,did you hear anything about us after peers sligored?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com