Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
29 Jun 12 11:17
| Topic/replies: 31,740 | Blogger: workrider's blog
annual trip to dalymount tonight for me ....the great lady stripped of her charms , her once great charm now diminished by the passage of time ...the  great lady now looking like a bag lady ,bereft of passion , a shadow of her once great self .....but tonight for a few hours she will come alive ....noise , chants ,atmosphere ,will once again ring out in this magical arena of yesteryear ....may the best team win.....

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 84
By:
Sligored
When: 29 Jun 12 12:36
WR, your very harsh - dalymount is my favourite away trip.
By:
workrider
When: 29 Jun 12 16:04
well hello sligored ,great to hear from you ,hope alls well my friend...i love dalymount ,its really sad to see its slide into decay...if the forces of darkness are ever to beat us its tonight sligored , we have without doubt the worst defence in the league , shocking would be my discription ...gartland how did he ever get a game for ye ...powell has been terribe ,gilbert , i've given up on him...sives having his worse season since he arrived ,oman not been playing well either ,the goalkeeper tbf had a good game last week ,its not before time though....if bohs beat us tonight my only consolation will be my brother , r.i.p. gave arron callahan his chance in football ...he spotted him and got him away to england...i'm hoping its a good game no matter what the result...
i have a feeling we shall reel ye in .when ye play in europe i think your squad will feel the pressure ..hows your golf ?...i think i'll pack it in i'm playing that bad....
By:
Sligored
When: 29 Jun 12 18:18
hows it going , wr. do more lurking than posting round here recently - hard to get a sports debate going without childish bickering - ye know who ye are.
The mons demise hurt us bad , missing out on a gate and giving yous and pats back dropped points, our last home league game was on may 18th - a long time to go with very little income.
Sligo havn't played well all season and i was amazed we were 7 points clear at the break. Based on an excellent goalie, peers, mcguinness and north the rest of the team has been inconsistent.

conor powell was terrible for us last year and i think you have not replaced mannus and it is having a bad effect on your whole defence. I know ye will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but i think pats are the best team i have seen or played against this year.

Golf ok, comfortable 12 handicap at the mo, dropped 9 shots in the last 5 holes for a 79 gross last sunday.

Heading to slovakia in a few weeks for the europa match (that was a great draw,very cheap and easy to get to).

Hopefully we can get a game soon but i have the kids at the weekends so struggle to get out.
By:
workrider
When: 29 Jun 12 18:32
yeah monaghan dropping out was sad , both for the loi and their supporters ,i never liked manus tbh...i think its only dawning on this guy now that he doesn't have the luxury of going back to spurs ...finally getting his act together for us... looking to get a few shots  back are you....Laugh...off to the game soon ...we might get a game in before the summer ends ...heading to killarney next weekend to relax....talk soon....
By:
workrider
When: 29 Jun 12 22:48
Cry
By:
punkha1
When: 30 Jun 12 00:32
Some beating for Rovers tonight WR Kenny must be under severe pressure?
Hard to belive how poor Rovers have been this year with the bones of last years team.Lack of hunger?
That keeper looks very poor what ive seen of him needs to be shipped out.
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 30 Jun 12 00:48
Laugh
By:
huddys
When: 30 Jun 12 08:52
im sick just not good enough and the buck ends with kenny,instead of signing hungry young players he went and signed journeymen players.the board have a huge decision to make now whether to sack him how,and pay up his 3 year deal,
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 30 Jun 12 08:56
Laugh
By:
Giant Strides
When: 30 Jun 12 09:09
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
4 laughs for 4 sweet goals!
Sweetness is..................Love
By:
workrider
When: 30 Jun 12 10:03
well done giant , fully deserved .....taking nothing away from bohs , but that has to be the worst rovers side to represent us in a long time....as i said in my opening remarks the poorest defence rovers have ever had ...gartland a joke , gilbert how this guy played in the english premiership tells its own story about same.....powell as huddys says a journeyman , oman very poor indeed , past his sell by date . what can you say about the keeper , i think someone from tottenham should go to specsavers for even given the lad a trial ...kenny and his assistant need purging , no plan , the defence has a look of bewilderment ,the rovers board have a lot to answer for appointing kenny ...while he was at bohs and derry he did nothing but make snide remarks about us ..then to cap it all his handling of the turner affair left a very bitter taste ...the guy has no understanding  for the club from what i can see ...in one season he could kill this great club..who in teir right mind would want to watch this kind of football he has them playing ..maybe we should byte the bullet and buy out his contract...but the board are as much to blame as him...well done again mate...good to see you back....
By:
Giant Strides
When: 30 Jun 12 10:48
When something happens completely unexpectedly it makes it even better wr.
Surreal!
In fairness, everything went our way for once, but we also wanted it more.
Very proud of our young lads. Huge character and a team for the future.

You do appear to be in trouble. Complete shambles at the back.
I thought we would kick start your season last night. How wrong I was?
Kenny was never the right man for that job.
By:
workrider
When: 30 Jun 12 10:58
fully agree giant...as outlined below...terrible signing by the board ....always going to come under fire from our supporters ...delighted for o'callahan.....i'm sure my brother will be having a wry smile at me....he's turned ye around and has ye playing a nice brand of football...
By:
Sligored
When: 30 Jun 12 11:06
Delighted for bohs ,i would say it was a great night at dalymount (the great lady stripped of her charms). As for shamrock rovers, i hear ye are in for brush again. A keeper has to be your first priority.
Couldnt make oriel last night but by all accounts we won ugly. Think we were a better team last year but replacing eoin doyle with danny north was a masterstroke. What a striker, i think the best we had in my lifetime.
Bray at home next saturday on the box, bring it on.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 30 Jun 12 11:11
What happened with Turner WR? I heard something Kavanagh as well.

SR up last night North is some bit of stuff, best striker in the league bar none and i agree best striker i ever seen with us.
By:
workrider
When: 30 Jun 12 11:27
sligored we need a WHOLE NEW BACK LINE INCLUDING A KEEPER ....DONT KNOW WHY THE LAD FROM GALWAY NOT GETTING A LOOK IN ..he's had a few injuries ....we are so poor at the back i can see us  been humiliated in europe ...pat sullivan will be back soon thank god ...rice and sives on the bench and gilbert and gartland on the pitch......Cry...kenny and kavanagh dont see eye to eye from what i've heard ..kavanagh a smashing player if a little greedy....arron greene is useless ..ye did well to get rid of him i can tell you ....an over haul of major proportions required if we are to get back into it..
By:
huddys
When: 30 Jun 12 22:10
well done bohs say you were a happy man giant,as was said before the defence was a shambles,felt sick when i woke up this morning,the board have to cut our loses and pay kenny off and regroup and win the title back,
By:
Giant Strides
When: 01 Jul 12 21:24
I'm not happy now huddys!
I'm hearing rumours Kenny's gone.
Noooooooo.......
Kenny must stay, Kenny must stay woo oh... Laugh
By:
huddys
When: 01 Jul 12 22:10
yes giant your correct hes gone,rico caretaker manager til the end of the season.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Jul 12 22:14
Are Shamrock Rovers the Irish Leeds?
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 01 Jul 12 22:18
Giant its time to confess that you and I have applied for the Rovers job! Laugh
By:
huddys
When: 01 Jul 12 22:22
we had to get rid of the manager wildman,the team werent playing for him,and the players he signed were just there to pick up there handy few quid each week.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Jul 12 22:27
I agree my Leeds reference was concerning old big `ead himself,Kenny seemed to act like him.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Jul 12 22:30
Your post compared Shamrock Rovers to Leeds, not Kenny to Clough, get it right and stop talking rubbish.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Jul 12 22:36
What bit was wrong in your opinion.
By:
workrider
When: 01 Jul 12 22:36
really glad if he is....the guy was never one of us....the fans never took to him....
By:
Giant Strides
When: 01 Jul 12 22:57
Some achievement to make a mess of that lot.
Never saw it happening this quickly.
Obviously cant take the financial gamble of failing in Europe but it'll cost you either way.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 01 Jul 12 22:57
Good news for you Shams fans he's not gone ! Give him the time and he can finish the job he started.
By:
huddys
When: 01 Jul 12 23:55
he's gone rockfinger hes lost the dressing room,that must be a joke saying he will finish the job,
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Jul 12 00:06
It' not huddys. RTE are saying he's not gone though.
By:
huddys
When: 02 Jul 12 08:39
its just a matter of time hes doing a deal with the board  for his pay off.hope the rumour about sligo arnt true thats doing the rounds,stuggling for money,must be some truth in the rumour because they have already gone to the fans a few months ago looking for money,have to say always liked going to sligo for the aways trips,tough draw for sligo in europe this year but you never know,would be great to see them going into the next round.
By:
Sligored
When: 02 Jul 12 09:29
Rumour not true , huddys , fund raising is an integral part of sligo rovers even though we had ourlast home league game on may 18th.
What you are doing is fuelling an unsubstaniated rumour.Our club members are asked to contribute 100 euro every june to help defray wage costs in the close season. Our annual fundraising draw has made 35,000 so far.
It might be hard for people on here to comprehend but thats what a community club do.
By:
GANT007
When: 02 Jul 12 14:01
Sligored........Can you confirm Rocketfingers is a Sligo Rovers man or just a Dub on the wind up.
Cheers.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Jul 12 14:14
Sure how do you know we know each other? Sligo Rovers avg crowd is 2.5k this season, how do you expect him to know everyone?
By:
GANT007
When: 02 Jul 12 14:20
That's not that big a crowd.........By all accounts the anti Gaa die hards are a small crew.
Sligored comes across as a proper supporter and is known to lads in other clubs around the country.........if you exist I bet he knows you.
By:
GANT007
When: 02 Jul 12 14:22
If you go to away games he will know you...........
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Jul 12 14:42
But you asked him was i a dub? How would he know if he does not know me? Btw Anti Gaa not me gant and i think you have some neck calling me that, i start the most gaelic football betting threads on the forum.
By:
kavvie
When: 02 Jul 12 15:14
you do start them..to start stirring sh1t!!
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 02 Jul 12 15:38
Kavvie i carefully used the words "GAA betting Threads", so what if i call it bogball hardly something you lads have not heard before. I will be going to the Hyde on Sunday week to cheer on the mighty magpies/All Blacks !
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com