Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 179 comments are related to the topic:
**US Masters 2012**

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 179
By:
Vubiant
When: 08 Apr 12 22:05
Definitely putted it away -best golf up to 7 ft of the hole.
Needs at least one eagle now.
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 08 Apr 12 23:32
Solid for 71 holes and he doubles the last just to spoil things. Deary me.
By:
Vubiant
When: 08 Apr 12 23:41
basically he turned a 65 into a 72 .
Painful to watch.
By:
huddys
When: 09 Apr 12 00:00
come on bubba lets finish this off!!!
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 09 Apr 12 00:06
Putting proved very important.
By:
lookingforthewildman
When: 09 Apr 12 00:37
Get into bed Irish guy ya tool ya.....putting proved very important.....did you ever see a golf tournament where it wasn't.....ya big gobshitte ya.,...
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 09 Apr 12 00:41
Delighted just delighted that Bubba won.

Seems a real genuine guy and plays golf the right way. Outrageous swing and simply makes golf great to watch.

A new cult hero lads.

BUBBBBAAAAAAA LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 09 Apr 12 00:54
Weestwood had 18 more puts than Oosthy all week. and lost by 2....ScaredExcitedShockedSadCryCry
By:
moneypenny
When: 09 Apr 12 00:56
I hadnt a penny on him and agree entirely ruby
The shot at the last was as good as anything ive seen phil or tiger pull off

Looking back one bad shot and wicked bad luck cost phil his 4th masters
although having said that westwood should have won by ten.

Had both of them backed
By:
padlock
When: 09 Apr 12 09:22
great shot from the woods for bubba to win,won few bob backed him here at 60/55
crazy character,to think he never had a golf lesson either,magic control.  Happy
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 09 Apr 12 10:16
I was on Phil too MP and i have to say i don't think he got unlucky at all. He hit quite possibly one of the worst shots on 4 i've ever seen from a top pro, it was absolutely miles wide and long. Then instead of taking a drop or going back to the tee (as Bones was telling him to do) he decided to start hacking at the ball in a bush with his club the wrong way around. He lost the plot for those 10 minutes and it cost him his chance in the end.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 09 Apr 12 12:44
Phil had a mental breakdown on that par 3 but he did not hole anything and that is what he needed to do. Missed 2 putts inside 10 feet for birdie in the first 3 holes and that could have been that.

Bubba hit 4 birdies in a row on the back 9. Any player that does that deserves to win imo.
By:
moneypenny
When: 09 Apr 12 13:32
In fairness to Phil, he didnt have an option to drop. Going back to the tee was the option and that would have resulted in at least a 5 anyway. I did say it was a bad shot, but it was the only poor shot he played all day. He was severely punished for it which is fair dues. The point i was making about luck was the ball could have went anywhere when it hit the grandstand, but it went to the worst place possible.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 09 Apr 12 13:51
He was unlucky moneypenny but that is the way it goes.

Was such a poor shot...He will rue that as it was there for the taking without that horrible mishap
By:
When: 09 Apr 12 14:02
Others may have got lucky with bad shots that they got away with but i fail to see what's unlucky about hitting an iron about 30 yards left and 30 yards long of where he was aiming, it was just a truly shocking shot.

He played solid the rest of the round but the putter just was not hot as it had been the other days, round 1 he played truely shocking too and was lucky enough to end up just +2, it was probably the 1st day more than anything that cost him in the long run as had he played well he would surely have carried a lead into yesterday.
By:
When: 09 Apr 12 14:05
The player i thought played lovely golf this week was Lee Westwood. We all know tee to green he is brilliant and it's the putting that has stopped him so many times but surely one of these big weekends he will get hot with the putter and can win a major.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 09 Apr 12 14:20
Westwood will never win a major. A complete bottler.

He rolled some beautiful putts in yesterday when the pressure was off. He can not do it under pressure.

How many more chances can you give this guy and Donald. These young americans are delivering now. Mahan wont be long getting a major.

Rose looks more likely off the British Brigade to win one.
By:
moneypenny
When: 09 Apr 12 16:20
No doubt that Westwood played the best golf this week but he would drive you nuts from a punting point of view. I barred myself from punting on him for a couple of years and I think i might do so again. Very disapointing from Hunter yesterday, never showed at all. Also great to see Pod competing again. With a hot putter yesterday he would have nearly won it.
By:
Vubiant
When: 09 Apr 12 21:35
Actually Rose is a good shout.
Remember he was -4 at the 15th on the Saturday .
He played a beautiful approach to within 20 ft. of the hole -definite birdie , possible eagle.
The ball stopped and seemed settled then ,maybe from a puff of wind , it rolled down the bank into the water.
He had an awkward stance for the next shot and walked off with a bogey .
That upset him for a while and he bogeyed the 16th -not a really tough par hole.
But for that bout of bad luck he would have been right up with the lead ...and who knows ?
He seems to be well suited to Augusta and might bag one yet . He appears to be a nice bloke and I hope he does.
By:
the jolly
When: 09 Apr 12 23:37
vubiant.
his approach to 15 on sat came up short - about 20 foot from Sundays pin postion maybe, but was 50-60 feet from Sat's pin position. It was then his call to drop it where he did, giving him an awkward stance.....bogeying 16 then was criminal - 'upset him for a while' - hardly the emotional reaction you would want with 21 holes still to play - dont think he will win a major - has the same weakness as Westwood - produces his best stuff when the pressure is off.
Page 5 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com