Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rubyisgodinthesaddle
11 Oct 11 15:43
| Topic/replies: 4,564 | Blogger: rubyisgodinthesaddle's blog
I always wanted to start a thread on my favorite Racing Operation in the World and I think this year would be a great time to start one as they have some exceptional good buys.

Punchestown Wed

Stonemaster the 6 yr old rated 149 heads over the big fences for Hughes 2moro and i am thinking this lad should win. Always thought he had the potential to be a smashing chaser last year.

Sword of Destiny runs for Meade 2moro and fresh and early season might be the time to get a hold of this fella. Meade always has them piped up early and this nice looking Montjeu should go well with Carberry schooling at home.

Their are a few other runners such as His Excellancy from Oxx in the 3yr old Hurdle. A few other run in the above races but Russell plumps for the main 2 mentioned above.
Pause Switch to Standard View The Gigginstown Thread 2011/2012
Show More
Report neill d March 20, 2012 9:44 PM GMT
If you've two subsidiary companies, one profit making and one loss making, can the profit making company not write off some of its tax bill against the losses of the losing company?
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 21, 2012 7:58 PM GMT
Micheal O Leary is not running a hobby in fact under the tax rules he is a farmer(Gigginstown House Stud and breeds cattle etc).

Pretty sure any losses he makes are offset against tax on his profits over future years. He can claim Case 1 loss on any trading income and since Gigginstown House Stud I assume is a trading in animals horses cattle etc he prob can claim this exemption.There is a limit to this also only 3 years can be claimed consecutively. Also there are benefits via Vat and plant and Machinery.

The fact that Eddie runs the operation i guess he would be allowed to claim this and if its a 50:50 split I am pretty confident MOL can then take those losses at 50% and offset his own tax. I assume he could also have a trading company for his income for Ryanair or in fact i remember his money goes to Gigginstown House Stud.

Thanks for the king words folks...hopefully well get a few really exciting ones along with Sir Des Champs before end of the year.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 21, 2012 8:04 PM GMT
For a man with a stud farm where are the fillies,has he any in training?
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 21, 2012 8:10 PM GMT
He has the few on the flat....actually he has one horse that sold for a fortune. I do research and get back to you wildman
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 21, 2012 8:19 PM GMT
Tillingdale is the name of Gigginstown Holding Company that (owns it) and thus owned by MOL.

I cant find that horse but i remember could be wrong that i saw giggy stud bred horse sell for good 6 figure sum. Maybe getting oldLaugh
Report Tolmi March 21, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
Ruby,

I am fairly sure a trading loss created by training/racing expenses has those training/racing expenses added back before being allowable for offset as they are not a tax deductable expense.If your scenario were correct any reasonable sized owner should buy a field,put up a shed,call it a stud farm and write off his racing expenses against his tax.
Report neill d March 21, 2012 10:02 PM GMT
You'd believe it in this country though Tolmi the way they legislate
Report Tolmi March 21, 2012 10:12 PM GMT
The more that I read about things that happened in this country the more I think anything is possible.Jackie Healy Rea gets €71 million for Kerry roads and lo and behold who is the main supplier of plant on hire to Kerry Co.Co.???
Report neill d March 21, 2012 10:18 PM GMT
If ye saw the Savage eye the other night, the old publican had said something like, 'sure we'd all ****in do it if we could,' There should be structures and d oul checks and balances in place to stop it though.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 21, 2012 10:26 PM GMT
Tolmi,

I think your correct re training expenses etc they are no claim back on that but the actual Trading Stock of Gigginstown(whatever they trade) O Leary can claim losses to offset his own personal liability to income tax after it is computed. There are obvious checks and balances regarding the revenue and there are so many rules regarding Trading Company's and there ability to offset tax its hard to keep up especially if they are subsidiary of a larger company all sorts of rules.

Then again O Leary may have a special deal with the Revenue, has not been unknown to happen!, unlikely i admit but for a man that pays so much tax he may be subjected to different rules.

Also to further interest the hearts, Charlie McCreevey is a Non executive director on the board of ryanair and he is not there for his knowledge of Flying Planes i can assure you of that(Personal and Business motive's).

Coolmore also are very interesting, John Magnier owns none of the Stallion owned at Coolmore they are all owned by Trading Companies each individual horse that makes up are all subsidiary of bigger firm and the web goes all the way up to a close company status of Magnier. Aidan O Brien more than likely is the same, he share options in every stallion he produces I think are held in under a foreign subsidiary company(re tax case) and can avoid tax through that way.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 22, 2012 1:30 PM GMT
Quick Update for the weekend

Savello(not giggy owned 200k odd Purchase)
Raise Hell
Panther Claw(pointer and brother to that Colm Murphy Horse that cost a fortune)
Carry Each Other(entered in a Hunter Chase up north)

Pointing

Roman Caverly (Mouse)
Outlander(Pat Doyle)
Falcon Heart (Pat Doyle)

First 2 have been pulled up and Outlander been very disappointing so far. Hopefully one of them will win.

Graham Wylie has 2 horses with Ferguson in the Goffs 4yr old race. Interesting!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 23, 2012 11:03 AM GMT
limerick Date 22 Mar 12 16:01 excellent forum ruby keep it going

OnTheSnaff 20 Mar 12 14:31 Ruby provides some excellent posts re Gigginstown on that thread,it's nice to read about the youngsters they have coming through in the p2p scene,keep up the good work ruby,it's much appreciated by most

punchestown 20 Mar 12 12:55 Who mentioned Fairly Murkey?,the Gigginstown thread is one of the better threads on the forum, keep it going Ruby.

'ere 'ere Devil
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 24, 2012 12:15 PM GMT
Cheers Catchme

This Savello would want to win today, betting does not hold much confidence and Martin is off the boil.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 24, 2012 3:45 PM GMT
Savello, the drift was astonishing.

What do they say about people like that, never change there spots or something to that affect?
Report OnTheSnaff March 26, 2012 11:33 PM BST
Suppose Giggy very quiet until punchestown and aintree
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 27, 2012 8:39 PM BST
Looks like Un Atout runs at the weekend
Report punchestown March 28, 2012 11:51 AM BST
Interesting thread about a Giggy Gold Cup in 2013 over on the Cheltenham Forum Cool
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 28, 2012 7:39 PM BST
Cheers Punches

The Entries for the other Bumper are out today in 2 weeks

Devils Bride
Born in Fire
Falcon Heart
Fire and Sea
Outlander
Thunder and Roses
Toe to Toe

all Pat Doyle for Connections.

Potts must have 6 in there split between Henry and Willie Mullins.

Magnier has one with Wille

plenty of others.

Looks a fascinating race and one I may make the trip just to see
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 28, 2012 7:51 PM BST
Looks like Rahlin as I said above a few weeks ago will be the only rep in the Powers Gold Cup. I think he may put it up to the excellent Flemenstar.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 28, 2012 10:17 PM BST
I think Rathlin will destroy Flemenstar unless there is a deluge.
Report OnTheSnaff March 28, 2012 10:29 PM BST
lol,what has Rathlin done or beaten to suggest he's in the same league as Flemenstar?
Report wildmanfromborneo March 28, 2012 10:32 PM BST
Flemenstar is totally ground dependant and unless the rains come has absolutely no chance at Fairyhouse.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 31, 2012 12:35 PM BST
Yh you would think they won't risk him on this very good ground.

Beef to Heels
Roman Caverlry
Wolf Hall
Crash
Gates of Rome
Soceror
Uncle Tom Cobbley
Lockdown
Roi Du Mee
Launchpad
Ballysteen

that is the track

Pointing

Very interesting weekend

Born in Fire and Roarkes Drift are entered up at Inch

Also Alan Potts significant re-investment in Irish Racing will be seen over the next few weeks. Let to believe he has bought 20 or stores. Another one runs 2moro in the bumper Sizing Jo'Burg for Henry who also has Buckers Bridge and Sizing Gold for connections.

Also Ian Ferguson has 3 horse for Wylie entered up
Report punchestown April 1, 2012 11:58 AM BST
Beef To The Heels seemed genuine enough yesterday,had ample time to dog it in the straight but instead knuckled down well.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2012 2:42 PM BST
Yh good weekend Beef To the Heels won and Wolf Hall hacked up there. He looks a nice sort, did well to win despite jumping very big and is a chaser all over him.

A nice change of luckExcited
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2012 2:55 PM BST
Anyone fancy Four Commanders for the Irish Grand National. If he could get a easy lead I can't kick him out of the places.

The bumpers will be interesting and Rathlin should give a good account of himself in the Gold Cup. Hopefully Flemenstar does not run as this ground could be far too quick and end up hurting himself but for the race it be good to see him turn up.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2012 5:06 PM BST
Crash was never off a yard despite a good amount of support.

Hourigan another trainer who baffles that he continues to get horses from connections. How does Henry De Bromhead still not have a horse its a complete and utter disgrace IMHO.

Mouse Morris and Himself for me would be my primary trainers if I was a owner such as O Leary. Proven big name winners and no funny business. Handle there horses with great care and always get the best from them.

I think Paul Nolan will be another trainer on the chopping block sooner or later. If O Leary is thru to his word there will be a whole scale clear out this summer of horses. There is at least 20 I can name now that be gone straight away If I was in charge.

Also Charles Byrne has done great work for them, i be disappointed if he didn't get another influx of horses from connections. Handled his horses brilliantly,

Mullins has been good but his running of Toostrong and Midnight Oil was bordering on a farce.
Report Allduckornodinner April 1, 2012 5:36 PM BST
Ruby if you think Crash wasn't off then you are well and truly off your head
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2012 5:42 PM BST
No don't believe he was a non trier allduck, just mean that he was out of the race before it started(Horse did not want to know). Surprising though as there was loads of support for him, if he had acted a bollocks in the parade ring then that would make sense but he just seemed completely off the boil. Struggling to keep up with rag's outsiders.

Guess the old saying is that they are not machines would come in for repitition after a display as awful as that.
Report punchestown April 1, 2012 5:42 PM BST
Crash did exactly that on the first circuit and did really well to stand up,I saw Russell looking down shortly after and thought he was going to pull up,did well to keep in the race and be still there turning in.
Report punchestown April 1, 2012 5:43 PM BST
Ruby,did you not see the mistake?
Report Allduckornodinner April 1, 2012 5:49 PM BST
"A display as awful as that"

Did you watch the race? Horse was beat early after the bad mistake. They are a killer for a slow horse like him and you have to jump in Limerick. He plugged on gamely I thought anyway. Anyway he had no better chance than most of the rest on form. It's not as if he was a 3's on shot that got beat.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2012 6:13 PM BST
Was a mistake Punches no doubt but he was struggling to leap with any fluency after that and yes the mistake took him out of his comfort zone but I thought after the 2nd fence Russell was going to pull him up. Just did not seem like his brain was on the game especially making such an awful mistake. That was woeful grade 2 Your Busy managed to finish 2nd rated 119.

I thought Crash could make up to a 140 Horse at least but optimism got the better of me. Looks like he struggle to win anything in Graded Level in the future. Shame as he is a beautiful big strapping horse.

Limerick as you say is a very important track to jump as you say Allduck and for me its a tough track to get right.

Actually what has happened to Samain Mullins!!!!! no sign sight of him.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2012 6:33 PM BST
Thats good news as long as the four legs are intact!
Report Allduckornodinner April 1, 2012 6:34 PM BST
He was never going to have the pace to be a real good horse ruby but he'll keep tipping away and should pay for himself. He's a grand big horse but he's no Sprinter Sacre model either.

If samain were to run this year then the Punchestown bumper would be the only option but they'll hardly bother with that.
Report punchestown April 1, 2012 6:35 PM BST
Combination of the error coupled with the trip (4 furlongs too far imo) and the fast ground was the undoing of him (Crash) today,I wouldn't give up.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2012 7:28 PM BST
Yeah I guess running this season is madness. Just hope he is back with the same ability.

Fingers Crossed.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 1, 2012 7:56 PM BST
Crash hated the ground and doubt if you will ever see him run on that ground again.
Report OnTheSnaff April 2, 2012 4:30 PM BST
Hourigan another trainer who baffles that he continues to get horses from connections. How does Henry De Bromhead still not have a horse its a complete and utter disgrace IMHO.

Mouse Morris and Himself for me would be my primary trainers if I was a owner such as O Leary. Proven big name winners and no funny business. Handle there horses with great care and always get the best from them.

ruby,whilst i am a massive fan of henry de bromhead,and he is clearly a very capable trainer,the only big name winner he's had is Sizing Europe,apart from Sizing he has hardly been mopping up Graded races,but i do agree that he should be given one or two horses from giggy,even rothwell was given one!
Report Allduckornodinner April 2, 2012 5:48 PM BST
Who knows. Maybe Henry doesn't want to play ball with the training fee's. Maybe he doesn't want to be dictated to by owners. Maybe he is happy to have one good owner in the yard who is supplying him with similiar types that giggy buy and is happy with the way the training establishment is moving. He's his main owner and they have a very tight relationship which is bearing fruit. Maybe O'Leary doesn't like him. Whatever the rationale it's HdB and Gigginstowns decision who they train and have training for them respectively. It's nothing to do with anyone else so calling it a disgrace is a bit strong for me anyway. Remember he doesn't have McManus horses either. These things aren't as cut and dried as you may think.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 2, 2012 8:17 PM BST
All of the above maybe true but i be very surprised if Henry turned down a operation such as Gigginstown.

Michael O Leary said "Trainers that train me winners will be given more and the ones that won't wont"

I don't understand then how Tony Martin has got some of there nicest Horses and Mouse Morris A winner of there only Big race at The Festival has barely a handful and some of them are flat bred cast off's that are useless. Why does Mouse not get 10 off the stores every year after Pat Doyle has done there prep on the paddy fields around Ireland. I don't understand the logic, Paul Nolan i can't remember having any winners for them and has some very expensive bloodstock. Charles Bryne has done great work as well and not exactly being rewarded. Martin at his usual self, messing Bog Warrior up and Savello was a pull job before he even got on the track yet despite costing 200k.

If someone could explain some of the logic above I love to understand. If they stuck with Trainers like Meade and Morris rather than casting the net so wide to trainer who have done not much in there career. A few posters have pointed out that for there investment there has been not much of a return and I am starting to coming around to this way of thinking. Some of the purchases are awful and the campaigning of some horses is baffling. Running Uncle Tom Cobley every week till its guts fall out  is another interesting ploy they have used. Sir Des Champs has every right to go right to the top but after that I am struggling to name any really.

If I was writing the checks for this operation I be serious reconsidering my investment. Imagine Running Midnight Game after the Trainer tells the owners that he has no chance to win and they paid 150k odd for him and then he basically pulled up and may never race again? or may never want to race again after such a bad expirience.
Report Allduckornodinner April 2, 2012 9:00 PM BST
Mouse does generally get the best p2p horses off Pat Doyle every year. The remainder of their horses that go to other trainers are generally bought from other sources (likes of Last Installment), off the Flat, from France or are unraced stores of their own. Mouse wouldn't have the interest in properly training anything that wasn't a potential Gold Cup horse and they are few and far between so there isn't much point landing a large bunch of horses on to him.

Not a Nolan fan but he has trained winners for them though his stable has regressed over the last couple of years and wouldn't be surprised to see them pull out. Byrnes has had plenty of horses from them. Don't know what happened Savello but Martin is a proper trainer and Bog Warrior isn't messed up. It was one bad run. He's not dead like.

Any trainer they currently have on their books has had plenty of big race winners so it's just a case of them getting the right horse from the owners. The money isn't even an issue because if they if they were worried about it then they would have never got involved in the first place.

It's their own fault for buying all them screws of flat horses and there isn't much the trainers can do about them bar try and win races with them.
Report limerick April 2, 2012 9:14 PM BST
what ya think of shrapnels chances tomorrow ruby.must have a great chance imo.likely danger lord gale has to carry 8lbs more due to bumper win even tho he is rated 5lbs inferior officially.shrapnel is likely to appreciate this better ground and the trip should suit.he was an expensive purchase being a brother to connections weapons amnesty.this looks a pretty weak affair on paper with only about 4 in with a genuine chance.the byrnes stable has hit a bit of form with 2 winners sunday(unexpected too if checking the market).i'd take anything around 2/1
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 2, 2012 9:26 PM BST
Finally running over a trip that suits him best Limerick. I could not put you off. It be interesting as he could go off very short. Clearly he hates winter ground hence why he has been off the so long. I be very disappointed if he does not go close and the Trainer is in excellent form.

Could have it right off tomorow!Excited
Report limerick April 2, 2012 9:37 PM BST
yeah agree totally.has looked a little quirky at times altho he clearly has talent considering he has been punted a few times from this yard.looking back over the thread tonight i agree that byrnes should get a few more from gigginstown.he has done well with the majority he has gotten especially as they're not the most high profile of their string.this year both trifolium and arnaud did v well at cheltenham.watering the ground prob did for sea of thunders chances.weapons amnesty won twice at cheltenham.campbonnais won a connacht national and wolf hall won his maiden on sun.in fact he has a 23% strike rate over the last 12 months with average enough sorts.he should get a few of the top horses imo.
Report neill d April 3, 2012 1:18 AM BST
Quito, First Lieutenant, Last Installment and Sir Des Champs, that is four grade 1 calibre staying chasers. They are still doing something right I think.
Report GANT007 April 3, 2012 1:54 PM BST
Ruby.......You are very wet behind the ears if you think Tony Martin is trying to mess up the gigginstown horses..........you are way off the mark.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 6, 2012 2:27 PM BST
Plenty of runners on Sunday.

Good all Savello is to run and Russell will keep the ride, must have just got a lovely school around Gowran the last day to spot him on for todayLaugh. I wonder how the market will speak, no surprise if he goes off fav.

Hopefully the Mouse Man can get Rathlin to run a career best race in the Powers Gold Cup. Front Runner so tactics will be interesting between himself and Flemenstar.

Shrapnel ran better last time but is not winning, looks to be another Beef to Heels. Fences hopefully will turn them inside out next year!!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 8, 2012 11:55 AM BST
Massive 3 days now for Gigginstown

Full List of Runner over today and Monday

Discotea
Gods County
Ballysteen
Ipson Du Berlais
Savello
His Excellency
Make a track
Best Served Cold
Rocky Wednesday
Rathlin
Gift of the Gab
Tofino Bay
Toner Du Daires
Dedigout(a handicap ffs)
Tillahow
Il Fenomino
Midnight Game
Rogue Angel
Torn Asunder
Roi Du Mee
Maganamity
Four Commanders
Westmeath
Grey Soldier
Don Cossack

25 Runners in the next 24 odd hours. Russell should seal his championship hopefully and hopefully we get some performances to keep us warm for the Summer Months ahead
Report punchestown April 8, 2012 11:58 AM BST
I'm surprised they'd run so many on fast ground.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 8, 2012 5:15 PM BST
Savello LaughLaugh Wasn't David Johnson who always was aware when some cute Irish Hoar of a farmer would try and sell him a horse. Eddie O Leary Crazy 200k for that animal. Less said the better.

Thankfully Noel Meade asked connections and took Ipson out, what a disaster that could have been.

Fair play to mouse Rathlin gave a superb effort in defeat and Mouse Morris again does it. Turns a horse inside out upside down. Flemenstar looks a right beast. Gold Cup?
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 8, 2012 5:15 PM BST
Also Disco won and I think it was Allduck that said the key to this horse would be the ground.

Hope you picked up today!
Report OnTheSnaff April 8, 2012 7:53 PM BST
OnTheSnaff
28 Mar 12 22:29 Joined: 12 Jun 11 | Topic/replies: 5,742 | Blogger: OnTheSnaff's blog
lol,what has Rathlin done or beaten to suggest he's in the same league as Flemenstar?

wildmanfromborneo
28 Mar 12 22:32 Joined: 30 Nov 10 | Topic/replies: 5,397 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Flemenstar is totally ground dependant and unless the rains come has absolutely no chance at Fairyhouse.

oops!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 8, 2012 9:40 PM BST
In fairness onthesnaff connections were concerned about the ground but it does not really matter.

This is a superb horse and up there with Sir Des Champs as really Top Class 3 Mile Chasers in the future.

Hope you collected big time as he wont be that price again!
Report OnTheSnaff April 8, 2012 10:39 PM BST
i know ruby,only pulling his leg!

id like to hear allducks opinion of Teelin Star,just read an article about this horse and below is a snippet of what coleman sweeney said about the said horse.

Then I rode a very special horse called Teelin Star to win for Pat Hughes and the reception I got afterwards was wonderful. I've been lucky to ride good horses like Denman and Finian's Rainbow in their point-to-points, but Teelin Star could be the best I have ever ridden. He is a freak of nature.
Report OnTheSnaff April 8, 2012 10:42 PM BST
He's running in the bumper tomorrow btw!
and looks like he'll go off odds on
Report Bassanio April 8, 2012 11:17 PM BST
He is running in the bumper tomorrow?

It is a wonder we have had no threads discussing him.
Report Allduckornodinner April 9, 2012 12:10 AM BST
I said it last year with Simonsig and it's a similar story this year. Barring an act of God he'll win. Only pity is that he won't be 7/2 like last years winner.

Tyners mare will win the last in Mallow too.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 12:24 AM BST
Some amount of money already for him
Report OnTheSnaff April 9, 2012 10:46 AM BST
So im assuming all the big owners will be sniffing around?
interesting to see who will get him,thats if the owner is willing to sell of course!but money talks as we know.
Report OnTheSnaff April 9, 2012 10:53 AM BST
Thats Tyners first horse for Jp allduck?
ive always been a fan of robert tyner,never quite got the breaks in some of the big races that  looked likely,
He's had a few decent sorts down the years,the likes of footy facts and callherwhatulike and a few others,hopefully he has a good one in Byerley Babe.
Report Allduckornodinner April 9, 2012 11:45 AM BST
No JP bought Whatwillwecallher last year off Tyner but she got a puncture after winning her maiden hurdle. He also own's It's The Ice I Like who runs in Fairyhouse and the mare in the Mallow bumper.

Byerley Babe is a very well bred mare that was previously owned by top breeders so I would imagine that she cost a pretty penny. Whatever happens today she has a big future and will want further in time but i'll be fairly disappointed if she doesn't win all the same.

Tyner would be on one of the top five or six NH trainers in the country for me. Very much an underrated trainer. Always gets the best out of what he has but just doesn't have the access to the real top stock.

Teelin Star is gone too short at this point to be bothered having a bet on him. I would expect Sraid Padraig to beat Balnaslow and it's 5/6 take your pick in a match bet in Ladbrokes for anyone into those kind of bets.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 12:39 PM BST
What about that Roque Angel...any views on him?
Report Allduckornodinner April 9, 2012 1:52 PM BST
He's not bad but he won't win today. The form of his first run looks a bit better now than it did at the time though all the same he won't be winning this.

I'm a bit surprised Minella For Value is available to be backed at 9/4 in Mallow. He will give his supporters are good run for their money and is the likeliest winner of the race for me. The 2m4f trip will suit.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 2:23 PM BST
1/2 looks like he could go off this support continues.

Did someone say he is not for sale?....I am sure if Jp came in heavy bid they think twice. Especially if he is as good as the market suggests.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 3:18 PM BST
Dedigout won easily there and by far the best horse in the race.

Martin seemed to turn a corner. Make a very nice chaser!
Report Temlett April 9, 2012 3:59 PM BST
There is no doubt he is for sale and that is why everyone connected with the horse is hyping him up to a ridiculous extent.
Report Temlett April 9, 2012 4:15 PM BST
And there we have it.

Rubbish talk about a horse that beat nothing.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 4:20 PM BST
How green was that horse.

By far the best horse in that race and he is real won for the future.

Torn Asunder also ran a mighty race. 2 very promising horses and the winner looks a real sort
Report Temlett April 9, 2012 4:22 PM BST
The rain today was key as the runner up would have definitely appreciated the quicker conditions.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 4:24 PM BST
Yes and the Jockey got the winner over the line. I reckon he smashed him 20 down the straight. Not a bother on him.

Hopefully they are put away and we wont see them again until autumn
Report dj876 April 9, 2012 4:34 PM BST
1/2 to keep the race,looks like he might lose it in stewards
Report dj876 April 9, 2012 4:35 PM BST
last prices matched gigg horse 4.0,mullins horse 1.05
Report dj876 April 9, 2012 4:40 PM BST
€145           
1.10                  €1           
1.11                  €665           
1.12                  €202           
1.20                  €53           
1.21                  €22           
1.30                  €52           
1.33                  €41           
1.35                  €21           
1.40                  €146           
1.41                  €463           
1.42                  €108           
1.43                  €13           
1.44                  €91           
1.45                  €152           
1.46                  €33           
1.48                  €486           
1.50                  €1,621           
1.51                  €183           
1.52                  €554           
1.53                  €318           
1.54                  €37           
1.55                  €229           
1.56                  €55           
1.58                  €39           
1.59                  €18           
1.60                  €373           
1.61                  €131           
1.62                  €45           
1.63                  €29           
1.64                  €1           
1.66                  €189           
1.67                  €120           
1.70                  €312           
1.71                  €100           
1.72                  €24           
1.73                  €8           
1.74                  €32           
1.75                  €58           
1.76                  €9           
1.77                  €2           
1.79                  €7           
1.80                  €461           
1.81                  €458           
1.84                  €24           
1.88                  €64           
1.89                  €9           
1.90                  €0           
1.92                  €9           
1.94                  €18           
1.95                  €6           
1.97                  €61           
1.99                  €8           
2.00                  €1,507     
Matched on Mullins horse,not sure what was matched in running or after race or in running but last price matched before being suspended was 1.05
Judges should be called in
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 4:42 PM BST
Personally I think that is a outrageous decision. Very green horse and jockey did everything he could. Eddie Kenny just said MOL is furious with the decision and rightly so. No consistency in the rules tbh. Looks like someone had there fill.

All the horses that were out with the washing today should not run again this season especially Midnight Game.
Report dj876 April 9, 2012 4:48 PM BST
They don't even try to hide it,last priced matched at 1.05Laugh,untouchables
I wonder will RTE cover the hooveringLaugh

U could hear MOL on RTE saying wd to Quinlan but I think we will lose it
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 5:08 PM BST
Ah well it has the best horse in the race O Leary so i guess he can't be too disappointed and a much better effort from Torn Asunder.
Report dj876 April 9, 2012 5:09 PM BST
MOL will have to buy the horse for 150k??
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 5:14 PM BST
I am not sure if he has too?

What a waste of money if he does
Report dj876 April 9, 2012 5:23 PM BST
On RTE there now Jaclie/Willie Mullins says no deal,left MOL off the hook I'd say.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 9, 2012 5:34 PM BST
LaughIts the least they could do after that decision
Report GANT007 April 9, 2012 8:26 PM BST
They can flog it to Rich Riici.
Report OnTheSnaff April 18, 2012 6:09 PM BST
ttt for punchestown
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 18, 2012 9:43 PM BST
I saw Ipson Du Berlais ran well at Aintree last week. Came forth.

Sharpnel runs 2moro as does Roman Caverly.

Countdown to Punches. Sir Des Champs runs on the Tuesday!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 19, 2012 8:12 PM BST
Some really desperate stuff from Connections.

Edeymi
Midnight Game
Arnaud
Savello
Il Fenomino

All should be put away after Fairyhouse but look like the majority will run next week. Un Atout must have met with a setback and wont be running in any of the bumpers from what i can see.

Sir Des Champs
First Lieutenant
Trifolium

all should win the races they contest.

Born in Fire is obviously well thought of as he has lots of entries. Interesting horse new horse from France for Elliott called Un Beau Matin all there best horses have come from France. Flash of Genius also is finally entered up for Mullins.

Shrapnel looks a right rogue now after losing again tonight but Fences is his game.

Mags O Toole bought a Horse for 85k from Tom Lacey last night and be surprised if he is not lining out for connections
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 22, 2012 5:46 PM BST
First Lieutenant runs over 2 Miles on Thursday!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 23, 2012 9:36 PM BST
Trifolium and Sir Des ChampsExcited

Sir Des Champs my heart horse runs 2moro and completely unbackable price. As long as he gets around I be happy. Hopefully he keep sound.Love
Report OnTheSnaff April 24, 2012 12:15 AM BST
QDLR ruled out,shame that,been unlcuky with injuries this season
Report OnTheSnaff April 24, 2012 4:16 PM BST
Trifolium up now,should win easily.dont really understand why connections are persisting with Midnight Game this season,particularly as were constantly told he hates soft/heavy ground,makes no sense what so ever.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 25, 2012 7:17 PM BST
Trifolium legs went, Davy prob went too soon but tbh I was surprised he tied up so badly.

Sir Des Champs clearly a beast but jumping was horrific. Mad a awful mistake but still did not fall. He just looks like he will never fall.

Elliott rans well to Un Beau Martin ran well today. Looks a good recruit.

Less said about the rest the better.

Just catching Flash of Genius. Hopefully he will go well.
Report OnTheSnaff April 25, 2012 7:22 PM BST
Would put a line through most of todays form in such atrocious conditions to be honest,
Love how flash of genius travelled there,looks a nice sort
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 25, 2012 7:23 PM BST
Flash of Genius LoveLoveLove

Looks a a right smashing prospect.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 25, 2012 7:48 PM BST
Tofino Bay hopefully can back up his fairyhouse run.

First Lieutenant may go well over 2 miles but need to jump much quicker and slicker to win this.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 26, 2012 7:52 PM BST
Nice win for Tofino BayExcited Hughes horrific season finally gets going.

First Lieutenant
Dedigout
Wolf Hall

Hopefully a few more good runs tomorrow
Report keen leader April 27, 2012 5:23 PM BST
just to tell you ruby, the giggs team up with wp mullins is strengthening. they bought the rogues gallery at last nights sale and today two more talented sorts were purchased in france to run in the maroon silks.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 27, 2012 8:06 PM BST
Thanks Keen Leader very interesting!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 27, 2012 8:40 PM BST
Year in Review

First of all I would like to congratulate Davy Russell on being Champion Jockey the 2/1 a lot of us took last year was one of the safest bets of all time. Well done Davy, Smashing season.

Also I would like to thank everyone who posted and debated postively negatively and what ever which way it made the thread one of the most view in the Irish Forum's history and most replies. Well done for all to creating a superb thread for the year.

Finally I like to see us all back here next October for the Gigginstown Thread 2012/2013 edition.

On to the four legged ones

Highlights of the year

Undoubetly Sir Des Champs looks every inch a future great. Has never been beaten and never looks like he will fall. An outstanding Horse.

The massive intake of new horses(young) to fulfill dream over the next 5 years

Lowlight of the year

Campaigning of Horses. I feel that Midnight Game Midnight Oil and Toostrong were placed very poorly this year and may suffer long term as a result. Surprisingly Willie Mullins trains all but connections have been daft especially Midnight Game and Toostrong. What where they thinking running them in such awful conditions.

Buying Flat Horses. Give it up lads. Those flat trainers are taking you to the cleaners. Never do i want to see a John Oxx horse with these silks. Zerashan and His Excellency UGH!CryCryCry

Look to the Future

Keep the squad fit and injury free and dreams will come true

Henry De Bromhead with 5 spanking stores straight from the sales or a few pointers in the yard.

Love you HenryLoveLove

Chasers 2012

Last Installment back safe and sound after his injury and hopefully he pick up plenty of top prizes. I start him off slow and build him up for a xmas target

Sir Des Champs straight to Kempton for King George or take the Durcan in before hand. He doesnt want Irish ground and is so good he can give the english a spanking. Gold Cup has to be the aim tho and 2/2 at Festival time. Irish Banker next year.

Quito De La Roque
start slowly and build him back up. Irish Grand National for me

Bog Warrior

Oh what happened dear Bog...will we ever see him again. Perfect for those awful races in Paddy fields

Rathlin

The boy Mouse turned him inside out upside down. Where will he go next year. Should win all those 2 mile chases that Sizing Europe does not race in or Flemenstar.

First Lieutenant

Tough season, jumping is not very good. Need to call Sam Curling Mouse!! get a few schools into him.

others
Gift of the Dgab
Crash
Four Commanders
Roi Du Mee
Start me Up
Mr Cracker
Ballymak

Novice Chasers

Make your Mark
Dedigout
Tofino Bay
Toner Doudaries
Ballysteen
Shrapnel
Best Served Cold
Dont Back Down

Horses to pull yourself to over the Winter(what will they do with them)

Un atout
Flash of Genius
Don Cossack
Roque Angel
Bright New Dawn(dark horse for the year)
Torn Asunder
Cops and Robbers
Un Beau Martin
High Handel
Si Cest Vrai
Band of Blood
Empire of Dirt

Hurdlers

Midnight Oil
Midnight Game
Savello
Maxim Gorky
Ipson Du Berlais
Sword of Destiny
Trifolium
Wolf Hall
Edeymi
Arnaud
Toostrong
Samain
Crimson Sky
Il Fenomino
Mon Cabello

All of the above are the horses i would keep all the rest i would get rid of. However this does not include the Pointers and StoresExcited

Anyways Gigginstown have had there best season yet and must have nearly won 1.7 Million in Euro prizemoney between Ireland and England up from 1.2 or around that last year.

Well done Connections!! and Hopefully we are all back safe and sound next year

GOD SPEED
Report neill d April 27, 2012 9:10 PM BST
Great thread Ruby, look forward to the next one, it has been a good resource.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 28, 2012 4:04 PM BST
Thanks Neill!
Report BoxFresh May 12, 2012 7:33 PM BST
another winner for team Giggy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com