Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
26 Sep 11 13:29
| Topic/replies: 6,543 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
Not a fan of the flat & glad with the 1st cheltenham meeting next month & D Royal shortly after, that the Winter jumps season will shortly be in full flow.

A few second season chasers I am looking forward to following in the coming months include:

Captain Chris - Impressed that a horse who will definetly stay up to 3 miles, had the speed to win an arkle. Jumping improved as season went on & although not sure of plans would love to see him run in the King George even though he will have the formidable G Cup Winner against him.

Bostons Angel - Jessie will hopefully aim him for the Lexus, love this fellas attitude.

Wishfull thinhking - Could be an ideal Ryanair type, jumps fences for fun.

Of the hurdler's last year's Neptune looked very strong, & will be following Oscars Well, First Lieutenant & So Young whether they stick to hurdling or go Novice chasing.

Please add any thoughts on your few to keep any eye on in the coming months, Irish or English.
Pause Switch to Standard View NH Horses to follow 2011/2012 Season
Show More
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 26, 2011 1:59 PM BST
First Lieutenant should make a smashing novice chaser. As should Sam Winner and Sir Des Champs.

Captain Chris really got the hang of things in time last year and will deffo stay further. Wishfull Thinking is a lovely horse, great attitude and a brilliant leper (as Ted would say).

Hopefully Weapons Amnesty can come back as good, he will not do too much on bad ground over here but come spring and good ground at the festival he must have a chance if retaining his ability.

Can't wait to see Hidden Cyclone over fences
Report BJG September 26, 2011 3:08 PM BST
Ghizao - Champion Chase 25/1
Easily beat Captain Chiris at Newbury last season b4 his jumping let him down at Chelt and Aintree(would have hosed up from Finians Rainbow bar a mistake 2 out) If they can iron out the jumping i reckon there i a few decent prizes to be won over 2m this season

Arkle - Arvika Legionnaire - the forgotten horse Devil

And one from extremely outside the box - Rubi Light Gold Cup
Report ya' havin' that one dave September 26, 2011 3:10 PM BST
rubi light gold cup lol would have to be unraceable for him to keep up
Report snap crackle and pop September 26, 2011 5:17 PM BST
BJG to be fair, I usually respect your opinion on here, but if rubi light started half an hour before the gold cup was due off at I still would lay him!!
Report BJG September 26, 2011 6:32 PM BST
Grin prob right but i've had a few bob on at 75 on here anyway

Think he's worth a shot at the prices, only a 6yo and thought he ran a stormer in the Ryanair last year  take Long Run out of the GC and the rest look much of a muchness

Time for Rupert is 16/1 and actually rated 3lbs worse than Rubi Light and a year older

Obviously its an outside shot hence the price is 75/1 not 2/1 Devil
Report neill d September 26, 2011 7:58 PM BST
time for Rupert is an extremely overhyped horse imo

I like the Weld/Mcmanus horse Waaheb for the Supreme, travels really well in bumpers, looks a speed horse and he apparently jumps very well.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 26, 2011 8:07 PM BST
I like Time For Rupert, was a very good staying hurdler although not in the same league as Big Bucks but then nobody is. Done everything asked of him in his 2 novice chases before missing his prep for the festival. Destroyed Hells Bay over 2m 4f at Cheltenham which is short enough for him and he went on to beat Medermit in the Dipper. Othermix, Reve De Sivola, Divers and Quantitativeeasing all in behind. He then slammed Chigaco Grey over 3m 1f at Cheltenham. It was clear from early on in the RSA Chase that something was not right and he was never travelling, i think he could do well this year. I can certainly forgive him his flop at the festival due to the interrupted preparation.
Report VECTIS September 26, 2011 8:09 PM BST
Rubi Light entered up for Gowran Park on Saturday,fair race in prospect if they all show up.
Report yourlack September 26, 2011 8:11 PM BST
If quel esprit could get his jumping together he would have a chance in the gold cup too, was travelling very well in the sun-alliance.
Report Princesse D'Anjou September 26, 2011 8:14 PM BST
Back In Focus [:)]
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 26, 2011 8:16 PM BST
Is that the Wylie horse Princesse?
Report yourlack September 26, 2011 8:18 PM BST
is he with willie now? think he is.
Report neill d September 26, 2011 8:24 PM BST
Apart from Medermit I really don't rate any of those horses tbh, not a great crop of novices last season imo, wasn't Hells Bay sold out of a big yard to Tizzard, I'm just not really seeing it tbh.
Report neill d September 26, 2011 8:26 PM BST
Bob's worth could be very good, excellent RSA prospect who should thrive over fences, travels great and Geraghty seems mad about him.
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 26, 2011 8:29 PM BST
I agree they are not the greatest bunch and he should of beat them as he did. Divers and Chigaco Grey went on to win at the festival all be it the National Hunt Chase and a handicap (i think). I just think he did everything asked off him pre festival and his hurdles form was very good. He went off too short in the end for the RSA but i think he deserved to be head of the market and god only knows what price he would of been had he been able to take his place in the Pillar and won.
I think he will do well this year, believe he is starting off in the Charlie Hall
Report neill d September 26, 2011 8:34 PM BST
Yeah he will probably be value now that he isn't quite as fashionable I suppose.
Report the jigger September 26, 2011 9:02 PM BST
Really looking forward to seeing Samain going over hurdles as he will probably be one of our best chances in one of the novice hurdles at Cheltenham.Really looking forward to seeing Solwhit go Novice chasing and with Peddlers Cross and Menorah going novice chasing as well this season it will make for an interesting campaign.
Report Giant Strides September 26, 2011 9:25 PM BST
Pf. Please don`t take offence at this but you keep writing should/would/could "of".
It`s a commonly made mistake but the phrase is should "have", which is contracted to should've. It obviously sounds like should of but it`s not and it`s a bit of a bug bear of mine! Silly
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 26, 2011 9:31 PM BST
Laugh and i got a B in honours English in my leaving cert, what has happened to this country, they must be giving good results away Devil
Report Giant Strides September 26, 2011 9:32 PM BST
FFS! I only managed a C. Laugh
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 26, 2011 9:38 PM BST
Laugh they must have took pity on me
Report Giant Strides September 26, 2011 9:42 PM BST
Must of. Laugh [;)]
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 26, 2011 9:44 PM BST
Laugh give me a break, it was 9 years ago
Report Giant Strides September 26, 2011 9:47 PM BST
Mine was 20! Cry
Night mate.
Report ilikewavingatbuses September 26, 2011 9:52 PM BST
court victory
Report Princesse D'Anjou September 26, 2011 10:56 PM BST
That's the one Sat - won at Haydock and then beaten at Aintree, will mop up in soft ground IMO
Report wildmanfromborneo September 27, 2011 10:31 AM BST
Black Benny is some prospect,i think he will murder Waaheeb should they meet.He is trained near me here and i assume it is an act of kindness on behalf of Barry Connell but it could turn out a major mistake.
Report neill d September 27, 2011 4:56 PM BST
I backed him at listowel wildman, he didn't jump great, but he clearly has an engine. He is probably from good stock as the owner buys quality that get better as they go on, but 2  littlecaveats, is he not out a little early for a class horse and might he just want 2 and a half miles.
Report wildmanfromborneo September 27, 2011 6:40 PM BST
Agree Neill d will definitely want two and a half miles,his problem is the trainer who has no facilities and no horses.
Report thewhiteflag. September 27, 2011 7:43 PM BST
Facilities are not everything lads. If they're good enough they win for Shane. Loads of places to go around there I presume for away days? Look at Jonjo O'Neill and Jim Culloty. Have all the facilities but lack the ability to train them in my opinion.
Anyways lookin forward to Loosen My Load this year. Class act. Was it just a lack of strength that prevented him from winning a few more last year? Best trip 2m?
Sir Des Champs broke all the rules last year. Seems to be a great prospect.
First Lieutenant has a profile and the scope to be a live gold cup hope in years to come.
Rathlin gone to Mouse? Why? A little harsh on Rothwell?
Rigour Back Bob ran a cracker in the stayers last year. Should pick up a fair few staying hurdles this year.
Sivota  got a shocker of a ride in Cheltenham last year. Big handicap to be won with this one.
For Non Stop. Nice prospect with more improvement to come
Report neill d September 27, 2011 9:13 PM BST
Saw a fella on Facebook who was at the races at Navan remark the exact same thing about Loosen my Load thewhiteflag and then DeBromhead came on and said that yes he had put on weight and gotten stronger. Hopefully there might be a  the bit of good will for a young trainer wildman.
Report downallstar September 27, 2011 11:47 PM BST
Said it after his hurdle debut win in Ireland last year, and am sticking by it, Sir Des Champs wins the Arkle (Solwhit the danger).
Master Minded will put it up to Long Run in the KG.
Quito De La Roque will mop up the 3 mile G1's in Ireland and is our best hope for the Gold Cup.
Report mrtopnotch September 28, 2011 10:53 AM BST
Dazzling Susie Cool
Report ChildOfMine2 September 28, 2011 11:49 PM BST
The four I've already backed for Cheltenham are Peddlers Cross in the Arkle Trophy - sets the standard by far and looks the best hurdler to go over fences for years. Stays 2m4f which you need to win an Arkle too, Bobs Worth in the RSA Chase - looks a machine and will be the best of the home 3m novice chasers come March, Captain Chris in the Queen Mother Champion Chase - The old guard are defo on the way out in the 2m chase division and this lad looks capable of taking the leap necessary, and Time For Rupert in the Cheltenham Gold Cup - As some have said, take Long Run out of the Cheltenham GC and its wide open. This lad has only had one bad run in two seasons, when there were genuines excuses for his RSA Chase poor showing, and he's been the only horse to put it up to Big Buck's over the past three seasons.

I was extremely taken by Frawley last Saturday at Navan and he could be a major player in the Supreme Novice Hurdle next March - I already see him winning the Royal Bond in November. Rubi Light is a horse which shocked me with his run in the Ryanair Chase last March and I wouldn't be surprised if he won on Saturday - He was a massive improver last term. The Gigginstown duo of Roi Du Meree and First Lieutenant both look exciting, particularly the former in what is a wide open 3m chase division, while the coming months are when I think, and hope, Mikael D'Haguenet and Jessies Dream finally realise their potential over fences.

BUT, the best bet all season long is undoubtely Hurricane Fly in the Champion Hurdle - he's 7/4 now and will be 1/2, even 2/5, come Champion Hurdle day.

Let the great battles of the winter and spring months commence Happy
Report ChildOfMine2 September 28, 2011 11:52 PM BST
Also agree that Master Minded will beat Long Run in the King George - I've been saying it since his demolition Champion Chase win a few years back that he's going to be sensational over 3m around Kempton. He's not a Gold Cup horse however.
Report ChildOfMine2 September 29, 2011 12:02 AM BST
There's also a novice hurdler of Henderson's that they think is a machine, Mono Man. They think he'll go right to the top Happy
Report ilikewavingatbuses September 29, 2011 2:13 PM BST
i thought that grey from france was the new star of chemical nickys?Confused
Report soapp September 29, 2011 6:12 PM BST
Looking forward to seeing the Champion Chase holder Sizing Europe on Saturday at Gowran. Sign of the real NH season when the Cheltenham and Aintree winners reappear.

As Dave Duggan said on the Irish Angle today surely Margaret Fogarty will water liberally in order that these great horses will grace our screen on Saturday.
Report BJG October 2, 2011 8:41 PM BST
Rubi Cry

Oh well, compensation awaits at Down Royal Mischief
Report one last chance October 2, 2011 9:05 PM BST
aupcharlie mullins has him now so should be more improvment to come Grin
Report wildmanfromborneo October 2, 2011 9:16 PM BST
BJG was surprised to see you put up Rubi Light as were many others,not so surprised now.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle October 2, 2011 9:35 PM BST
Gigginstown are bound to have a great season with the recent purchases. I be solely following their horse all year.

Irish NH getting stronger and stronger despite the recession. Quite Strange.
Report ya' havin' that one dave October 2, 2011 11:29 PM BST
what an **** u are wildmug just because a horseman is in a wheelchair u reckon he cant train what a plick u are
Report wildmanfromborneo October 3, 2011 9:43 AM BST
Good to see Dave introduce emotionalism into the discussion,your sensitivity is not shared by the trainer.
The fact that Shane Broderick is paralysed is irrelevant to me,but the amount of horses he has in training,his facilities and the winners he trains are very relevant.
Dave Bigwillystyle Mincer/Robo should join a sewing circle or a knitting club where there sensitivity would be appreciated and where they could emote to their hearts content.
Report ya' havin' that one dave October 3, 2011 10:01 AM BST
perfectly good trainer wudnt expect a thick like u to understand anything about horses u moron
Report wildmanfromborneo October 3, 2011 10:16 AM BST
Dave you think Shane Broderick is a good trainer i don`t,thats fair enough but you tried to introduce his disability for emotional reasons along with your childish name calling.Maybe you will explain why you think Shane Broderick is a good trainer.
Report ya' havin' that one dave October 3, 2011 10:33 AM BST
u wudnt understand u eejit
Report workrider October 3, 2011 1:31 PM BST
i think stratford upon slaney is the right venue for dave ...you never hear a englishman use the word eejit....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 3, 2011 6:08 PM BST
Mono Man [;)]
Report Newmanix October 3, 2011 6:41 PM BST
cant believe Simonsig hasnt been mentioned
Report dinglemick October 3, 2011 8:26 PM BST
anyone know who s training the mare that Mrtopnotch put up  Dazzling Susie now ???? .......Trained last year by John O Callaghan ...... I think Gigginstown bought her ....... briefly caught the end of an interview on the radio recently with Davy Russell who gave her a favourable mention as one to watch this season
Report stayonyourfeet October 3, 2011 10:33 PM BST
First Lieutenant, what a beast of a horse. Gold Cup '13!
Report Swinia October 3, 2011 10:40 PM BST
have to agree with BJG Ghizao for me will be top class and will mop up grade 1's on soft. Hopefully Ruby will ride it and not Murphy

Wymott failed miserably in Cheltenham but could be well handicapped for the Hennessy or long term the National !

Going Wrong of Ferdy Murphys will be interesting over fences this yr

Bygones of Brid was recently purchased by Harry Rednap - he's one for a big handicap

One to note for some of the big handicap hurdles is Secret Dancer of Alan Jones
Report ilikewavingatbuses October 4, 2011 2:03 AM BST
Newmanix Joined: 14 Aug 08
Replies: 1219 03 Oct 11 18:41 
cant believe Simonsig hasnt been mentioned

ilikewavingatbuses Joined: 06 Jun 09
Replies: 17421 29 Sep 11 14:13 
i thought that grey from france was the new star of chemical nickys?
Confused
Report ilikewavingatbuses October 4, 2011 2:06 AM BST
spose we should add   

sprinter sacre
to the mix, looks a right machine, cantered all over the supreme  field, (possible bridle merchant)
Report Deplasterer October 4, 2011 11:00 AM BST
Didn't see it yet, but I heard First Lieutneant was impressive on his chase debut.
Report workrider October 4, 2011 11:31 AM BST
i backed him deplasterer , but tbh i wasen't impressed ..i thought he was competent enough ...but not overly impressive...others i'm sure will disagree.....
Report revedesivola October 4, 2011 11:54 AM BST
deplasterer, he wasnt impressive, but horses rarely are on chase debut. i think AL FEROF could be underestimated mainly because he contested ordinary novice hurdles until winning the supreme.

his breeding would suggest that 2 miles is an inadiquate trip and that he should improve for chasing, yet he still won the supreme. sprinter sacre and spirit son are all the talk, yet both are inferior to al ferof.

i dont think spirit son will be good enough for the champion hurdler, he cant beat a 3 mile chaser over hurdles at 2 milesSilly
Report ReimerpYsatnaf October 4, 2011 12:05 PM BST
I thought he done it well enough. It was well documented he would need the run. I thought he was keen enough for the first circuit and Davy had a good hold of him. He jumped well i thought bar the little peck at the last but what he did on Sunday in no way has changed my opinion that he is going to be a smashing novice chaser and he is the horse they all have to beat this year in my opinion.
Report Deplasterer October 4, 2011 12:38 PM BST
Cheers lads, I will watch 2nite on attheraces site. Aertel page 260 I read yesterday, can't believe evberything you read they always say.
Report Princesse D'Anjou October 4, 2011 1:05 PM BST
Looking forward to seeing Simonsig, Last Instalment over fences and Mount Benbulben over hurdles - the latter needs to brush up on his jumping in a serious way but he has some engine on him.
Report dinglemick October 4, 2011 4:07 PM BST
Is Simonsig still being trained by Ian Ferguson or has he moved to England .... Ferguson suggested that the owner might be moving him after his win at Fairyhouse
Report Newmanix October 4, 2011 4:38 PM BST
I believe he is with Henderson
Report moneypenny October 4, 2011 4:39 PM BST
Its with Nicky Henderson as far as I know
Report moneypenny October 4, 2011 4:39 PM BST
snap Laugh
Report Newmanix October 4, 2011 4:44 PM BST
He is far more valuable than the 100k O Leary was willing to pay for the winner of that bumper. 

I am also looking forward to unnacompanied, oscars well, al ferof and tullamore dew
Report workrider October 4, 2011 4:52 PM BST
princess d'anjou.....i'm also excited about benbulben....i'll never forget the sight of him demolishing every fence at tinahealy and still winning by miles.....hurdles should be no trouble to him ...but hold onto your seat when he goes chasing.....Laugh
Report GANT007 October 4, 2011 5:16 PM BST
Nice horse that Mount Benbulben........Fair play to Barry Connell for not moving the horse.
Report ilikewavingatbuses October 4, 2011 5:44 PM BST
Henderson just 5-4 to wrest title from Nicholls
By Rodney Masters 6:56PM 25 SEP 2011

NICKY HENDERSON was on Sunday installed at 5-4 by William Hill and 7-4 by Coral to win the jump trainers' title for the first time since 1986-87, as he paraded 90 horses at his annual owners' day.

Hills believe that with the likes of Long Run, winner of the King George VI Chase and Cheltenham Gold Cup last season, and leading hurdlers Binocular, Spirit Son and Oscar Whisky, Henderson has his best chance of bringing to an end the six-year reign of Paul Nicholls, although Coral are keener on the defending champion's propsects.

Coral make Nicholls 4-7 to win a seventh straight championship, but Hills go 4-6.

Hills pointed out that in past seasons Nicholls has been installed at as short as 4-9, while the likes of Denman and Kauto Star were unlikely to be the forces of old.

Spokeswoman Kate Miller said: "Last season Nicky Hendersongot dangerously close to breaking the Nicholls stranglehold and this time Kauto Star and Denman, who have for many seasons bolstered the coffers, must now pass the mantle to their younger counterparts to fly the flag for Team Ditcheat."
Barry Geraghty and Spirit Son win The Mersey novices hurdle at the Grand National meeting Aintree 9.04.2011

Flying the flag for Henderson will be Long Run, of whom the trainer said on Sunday: "There's no doubt that Long Run has grown and filled out since last season. Whether that makes him any better I don't know, but he looks fantastic and I couldn't be happier with him."

Henderson also has an embarrassment of riches in the hurdling division and considers Spirit Son a "Champion Hurdle prospect".

Race sponsor Stan James quote Spirit Son, second to Al Ferof in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle last season before winning at the Aintree festival, 10-1 second favourite behind defending champion Hurricane Fly at 13-8.
Report ilikewavingatbuses October 4, 2011 5:44 PM BST
-RP
Report ilikewavingatbuses October 4, 2011 5:47 PM BST
Nicky Henderson (right) discusses new recruit Simonsig at his owners' day

SORRY THATS THE BIT I WAS LOOKING FOR, THERES A PIC OF SIMONSIG on the page, ill just copy and paste itCry

this is why i leave the news to ADLaugh

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/long-run-nicky-henderson-henderson-just-5-4-to-wrest-title-from-nicholls/922076/
Report thefly10 October 4, 2011 11:52 PM BST
Henderson does look heavy handed. Cant wait to see Spirit Son this season. Dont forget about the host of bumper winners last year, Fourth Estate and Darlan(by Daylami) I think are two to mention.

Henderson / Mullins for me.
Report thefly10 October 4, 2011 11:53 PM BST
Sorry completely off target there, Darlan is by MilanSilly
Report ChildOfMine2 October 5, 2011 7:34 PM BST
I was told that Harrington has this season's Cheltenham Bumper winner. Wasn't told the name for obvious reasons but watch out for a Harrington horse punted early in a bumper in the coming weeks.
Report Princesse D'Anjou October 5, 2011 8:36 PM BST
Agree Workrider - saw your post and spoke to a mate who'd seen him, said she'd never seen anything like it - literally ploughed through every fence.  Only seen the last few but how he didn't tip up or do himself a mischief is anyones guess.  The Dromahane run is worth a look too - don't think I've ever seen a lad lose both reins at the last and run on into second Laugh

As for Simonsig he's only a young horse but he's been around some - started his career in the South East of England but his former trainer told the owner he was too good for UK points so sent him to Ferguson, horse is some machine though.
Report workrider October 5, 2011 10:07 PM BST
princess d'anjou... i bow to your superior knowledge re p2ps...i only go the odd time ..but benbulben really caught my eye that day in tinahealy....i'm sure theres loads more to com from this fellow over the winter..someone posted that barry connell bought him...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 5, 2011 11:28 PM BST
AND Shot From The Hip [;)] (very shortly)
Report workrider October 5, 2011 11:28 PM BST
Shocked
Report Allduckornodinner October 5, 2011 11:44 PM BST
Yeah Barry Connell bought Mount Benbulben at the sales and he's gone back to elliot I believe. I'm sure someone on here could confirm where he is in training.

One horse to definately watch out for is Hadrians Approach who won an ultra competitive Dromahane maiden for Tom Lombard in the colours if Mr. and Mrs. Kelvin Hughes. I would hazard a guess that he's gone across the water for a novice hurdle campaign.

I believe that Paul Nicholls is starting with his strongest ever crop of ex-Irish pointers for bumpers and novice hurdles this year. Some if his new recruits put up very smart perfomances last season over here.

Nicky Henderson has some really promising youngsters in the yard and a few of his hereto lesser profile charges that caught my eye include Bears Affair (possibly go over fences), Lets Get Serious, Glorious Feelings and Hit The Headlines (all over hurdles).

I'm a big Emma Lavelle fan and I think that in Penny Max and Highland Valley she has two decent types to at least win a couple of novice chases between them. Black Noddy and Blues and Two's should pay for themselves in staying novice hurdles. However the one that really interests me is Captain Sunshine. He finished third in a very strong renewal of the DBS Bumper having been all at sea for much of the race. With the benefit of the summer behind him he should be in for a lucrative campaign and is my dark horse for the season.
Report GANT007 October 6, 2011 12:13 AM BST
Mount Benbulben came back to Gordons after the sales.........
Report Princesse D'Anjou October 6, 2011 11:03 AM BST
That's one more time than I've been thus far Workrider - rely on the website vids, form study and what a good friend tells me mainly.

Will be correcting that mind with a trip to Maralin (and a Maiden visit to NI) in November.

Connell bought him and moved him to Elliott - I use the term "moved" very loosely.
Report Deplasterer October 6, 2011 11:25 AM BST
Jessie bringing both Oscars Well (2nd season hrdle race) & Bostons Angel (J Nicholson chase) to Down Royal next month. I'll be on both, I would say that Bostons will have a Nicholls plot horse to beat of some sort.
Report Princesse D'Anjou October 6, 2011 11:37 AM BST
If Bostons Angel is going in the Grade 2 2m 4f race he'll be up against Kauto Stone according to Nicholls stabletour.
Report workrider October 6, 2011 12:01 PM BST
i bought a new trilby princess d'anjou...hopefully it'll make its debut on sat....
Report Deplasterer October 6, 2011 12:02 PM BST
No Princess, def going for the grade 1 on the saturday according to Mrs Harrington yesterday.
Report Princesse D'Anjou October 6, 2011 12:23 PM BST
Nice one WR - can't beat a good trilby, they're that good there's a golf tour named after it Laugh

Thanks Deplasterer - he'll no doubt have something else lined up for it then.  Nicholls said the one he was running Kauto Stone in was an Intermediate Chase.
Report Deplasterer October 6, 2011 1:26 PM BST
Princess, maybe the one that won it a few years ago, name escapes me, "The" ....something I think
Report Deplasterer October 6, 2011 1:27 PM BST
" The Nightingale", just remembered, backed Forpady against it that yearCry.
Report Princesse D'Anjou October 6, 2011 1:49 PM BST
That's the one - will probably have something for BA's race too mind lol
Report steeringjobnap October 6, 2011 2:51 PM BST
Swinia,

Bygones of Brid was recently purchased by Harry Rednap - he's one for a big handicap

Incorrect.

Horse ran in 'Arry's colours during HF's CH win last March. Vaguely remember him as a guest on 'Get On!' in the days beforehand discussing his charge.

Interestingly, there is no mention whatsoever of him in the horse's recent ownership history; or indeed, as the current owner.

Ownership details attached:-

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home_popup.sd?horse_id=698630#topHorseTabs=horse_race_record&bottomHorseTabs=horse_form

As usual, all the horses that performed well last year, are to the fore of "predictions" this year on this thread...little wonder that industry tissues compiled with an over-emphasis on recent form...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 6, 2011 7:22 PM BST
You will be pleased Forpadydeplasterer makes his come back next week Cool
Report Deplasterer October 7, 2011 8:03 AM BST
Catch Me ifyoucan Joined: 09 Sep 03
Replies: 2004 06 Oct 11 19:22   

You will be pleased Forpadydeplasterer makes his come back next week 

Cool, no more seconds now Pady!Laugh
Report Newmanix October 23, 2011 6:13 PM BST
If Emma Lavelle can get Crack Away Jack back chasing, he would be interesting.
Report Anywherebutcheltenham October 23, 2011 6:43 PM BST
Nicholls has Crack Away Jack now, has had a breathing op.
Report BJG October 24, 2011 4:10 PM BST
We all know Hurricane Fly, Long Run, Quevega and Big Bucks will more than likely be the ones to beat come March so what of a few bigger priced ones, none under 10/1!

1. Ghizao - twice demolished Captain Chris last season, over 2m at Chelt and then at Newbury when giving him 10lbs and a 4 1/2l beating. Jumping let him down at Cheltenham when just 5th behind that rival in the Arkle. Once more his jumping let him down at Aintree when just one massive mistake at the second last cost him the race when cruising in behind Finians Rainbow. The 2m-2m4f division looks wide open this year and if this one can poilish up his jumping, could land a nice pot or 2 along the line.

20/1 QMCC

2. Fingal Bay - a wide margin bumper winner on debut when easy to back at Exter, no horse has come out and won since but this fella was in a different parish to them winning by 22l but it could have been 50! Made his hurdles debut on sat in the G2 Persian War at Chepstow over 2m4f and could nt have done it more impressively, jumped brilliantly, travelled well and quickened when asked. Looks one to keep on the right side of

14/1 Neptune

3. Wandering Aengus - being kept to bumpers this season. Was backed from 25/1 into 16/1 when making a winning debut last season beating Cheltenian who went onto win at Cheltenham. Needs soft ground
"He's doing very well. He had the summer off and he's back cantering at the moment," said Prendergast.

"He'll have one run in a winners' bumper and then he'll go to Cheltenham.

"He will only go to Cheltenham if there is cut in the ground but are hoping he will go to the Festival.

Unquoted - Cheltenham bumper

4. Time For Rupert
- a banker for a lot of people in the RSA last season but never travelled at all or jumped with any fluency. Was found he had burst a blood vessel afterward so it was no mean feat he was only beaten 6l as he was flat out almost all the way! Loves Cheltenham and the RSA run was his only bli there with 3 wins and 2 2nd in 5 runs before that including when 2nd to Big Bucks in the stayers hurdle.
form of 1st 2 Chase runs worked out well with Hells Bay 8l 2nd - winning the G2 dippers Novice Chase beating Medermit
Divers way behind in 5th won the Centenary Novices Chase at the festival
Nto went on to beat Chicago Grey by 8l and that rival went on to hose up in the 4m Novice Chase at Chelt.
Quinz 17l behind in 4th won the Racing Post Chase nto

Take out Long Run and the rest are much of a muchness and if TFR can stay right, looks capable of going close in the GC come March

14/1- Gold Cup

5. Mossley - Disappointed at Aintree last time but numerous horses go onto disappoint at Aintree after runnig at Cheltenham so im willing to forgive that run. Before that he ran a stormer when chasing home his stable mate Bobs Worth in the albert Bartlett and they were well clear of the 3rd. Looked an out and out stayer on that occasion and the switch to fences could suit

25/1 RSA

6. Realt Dubh - 3 time Grade 1 winning Chaser last season beating current 7/1 Ryanair favourite Noble Prince on both occasions. Finished 3rd in the Arkle at Chelt over 8l behind Captain Chris but ran that rival much closer when they met in a G1 at Punchestown going down by just a length and a quarter. Is a PTP winner over 3m and a G1 winning chaer over 2m4f and i would like to see him stay around that trip and take a rattle at the Ryanair Chase.

20/1 Ryanair Chase

7. Montbazon - Was highly touted in debut bumper even though he was taking on hot favourite Cheltenian and lost nothing in defeat when going down by just 1l. Made no mistake next time out when winning easily at Doncaster.
Then went off a well supported fav for the G2 Aintree bumper when once more only finding one too good in the shape of Steps For Freedom - who has won both hurdle starts including a G3 this season.

16/1 - Supreme Novices hurdle

8. Minsk - has improved no end on the flat in his last 3 runs. Was purchased before his last run with the sole intention of goin hurdling but won the Irish Cesarawitch by over 5l on the bridle on his first start for his new owner and his final flat start. Rated 108 from the flat and now gone to Dessie Hughes, to me he looks to have an ideal profile to make into a top Juvenile hurdler.

12/1 - Triumph hurdle

9. Thousand Stars - a wonderfully consistet horse, often the bridesmaid but hopefully a step up to 3m can see that change.
4th in the Champion hurdle at Cheltanham
Just beaten a diminishing  nck by Oscar Whisky in the G1 Aintree hurdle over 2m4f when staying on powerfully at the finish
Then went onto be 2nd to Hurricane Fly in the G1 Rabobank Champion Hurdle at Punchestown
Then stepped up to 2m6f in France was just touched off once more in a G2 hurdle on very soft ground
Finally got his head in front when stepped u the 3m 1 1/2f in a 150k G1 at Auteuil when winning very well.
Step upto 3m seemed to suit no end and can see this fella rattling up a lot of graded wins in Ire over the winter before getting the difficult task of taking on Big Bucks in March

10/1 World Hurdle

10. Rubi Light - Could be very tough to beat this season over the winter on very soft ground.
2nd to Golden Silver over 2m1f n the G2 Normans Grove Chase at fairyhouse
He was then stepped up in trip when demolishing his rivals in the G2 Red Mills Chase at Gowran
Then on much faster ground finished a very good 3rd in the Ryanair Chase, going down by just 3l when his jumping was nt as good as it had been in previous races.
Very unlucky on his first start this season when having Arkle+Champion Chase winner Sizing Europe very well beat when coming to grief at the last.
Could win a few nice pots throughout the winter and maybe(just maybe) develop into a live GC outsider

40/1 - Gold Cup

DevilCool
Report downallstar November 5, 2011 7:01 PM GMT
downallstar     Joined: 08 Apr 06
Replies: 6735 27 Sep 11 22:47 
Said it after his hurdle debut win in Ireland last year, and am sticking by it, Sir Des Champs wins the Arkle (Solwhit the danger).
Master Minded will put it up to Long Run in the KG.
Quito De La Roque will mop up the 3 mile G1's in Ireland and is our best hope for the Gold Cup.

20/1 taken today.
Report ilikewavingatbuses December 16, 2011 4:19 PM GMT
ilikewavingatbuses Joined: 06 Jun 09
Replies: 20469 26 Sep 11 21:52 
court victory

ran v well today after long absence, shouldve kept the race imo.
Report Allduckornodinner December 30, 2011 1:07 PM GMT
Allduckornodinner

I'm a big Emma Lavelle fan and I think that in Penny Max and Highland Valley she has two decent types to at least win a couple of novice chases between them. Black Noddy and Blues and Two's should pay for themselves in staying novice hurdles. However the one that really interests me is Captain Sunshine. He finished third in a very strong renewal of the DBS Bumper having been all at sea for much of the race. With the benefit of the summer behind him he should be in for a lucrative campaign and is my dark horse for the season.

Lovely first run from Captain Sunshine in the 12:40 in Taunton. Just beaten by a very decent rival with strong form and valuable experience. A mistake at the second last probably made the difference between winning and losing for the runner-up. Would fully expect him to make amends the next day though unlikely to be 6/1!!
Report norn iron December 30, 2011 1:16 PM GMT
AD THAT WAS GOOD RACE THINK TALKINTHE STREET VERY USEFUL ALSO AND EYECATCHER IN 4TH OF HENDERSONS BUT AGREED ON CP SUNSHINE
Report Princesse D'Anjou December 30, 2011 1:41 PM GMT
The fifth of Evan Williams pulled and hung the whole way - was his rules debut after a p2p win at Rathcannon in September but would expect him to improve too.

Think the first five will all be winning races this season.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com