Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
26 Sep 11 13:29
| Topic/replies: 6,582 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
Not a fan of the flat & glad with the 1st cheltenham meeting next month & D Royal shortly after, that the Winter jumps season will shortly be in full flow.

A few second season chasers I am looking forward to following in the coming months include:

Captain Chris - Impressed that a horse who will definetly stay up to 3 miles, had the speed to win an arkle. Jumping improved as season went on & although not sure of plans would love to see him run in the King George even though he will have the formidable G Cup Winner against him.

Bostons Angel - Jessie will hopefully aim him for the Lexus, love this fellas attitude.

Wishfull thinhking - Could be an ideal Ryanair type, jumps fences for fun.

Of the hurdler's last year's Neptune looked very strong, & will be following Oscars Well, First Lieutenant & So Young whether they stick to hurdling or go Novice chasing.

Please add any thoughts on your few to keep any eye on in the coming months, Irish or English.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 101
By:
ya' havin' that one dave
When: 26 Sep 11 13:30
crash of m hourigans will be very hard to beat over 3mile n soft ground chases
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 26 Sep 11 13:59
First Lieutenant should make a smashing novice chaser. As should Sam Winner and Sir Des Champs.

Captain Chris really got the hang of things in time last year and will deffo stay further. Wishfull Thinking is a lovely horse, great attitude and a brilliant leper (as Ted would say).

Hopefully Weapons Amnesty can come back as good, he will not do too much on bad ground over here but come spring and good ground at the festival he must have a chance if retaining his ability.

Can't wait to see Hidden Cyclone over fences
By:
BJG
When: 26 Sep 11 15:08
Ghizao - Champion Chase 25/1
Easily beat Captain Chiris at Newbury last season b4 his jumping let him down at Chelt and Aintree(would have hosed up from Finians Rainbow bar a mistake 2 out) If they can iron out the jumping i reckon there i a few decent prizes to be won over 2m this season

Arkle - Arvika Legionnaire - the forgotten horse Devil

And one from extremely outside the box - Rubi Light Gold Cup
By:
ya' havin' that one dave
When: 26 Sep 11 15:10
rubi light gold cup lol would have to be unraceable for him to keep up
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 26 Sep 11 17:17
BJG to be fair, I usually respect your opinion on here, but if rubi light started half an hour before the gold cup was due off at I still would lay him!!
By:
BJG
When: 26 Sep 11 18:32
Grin prob right but i've had a few bob on at 75 on here anyway

Think he's worth a shot at the prices, only a 6yo and thought he ran a stormer in the Ryanair last year  take Long Run out of the GC and the rest look much of a muchness

Time for Rupert is 16/1 and actually rated 3lbs worse than Rubi Light and a year older

Obviously its an outside shot hence the price is 75/1 not 2/1 Devil
By:
neill d
When: 26 Sep 11 19:58
time for Rupert is an extremely overhyped horse imo

I like the Weld/Mcmanus horse Waaheb for the Supreme, travels really well in bumpers, looks a speed horse and he apparently jumps very well.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 26 Sep 11 20:07
I like Time For Rupert, was a very good staying hurdler although not in the same league as Big Bucks but then nobody is. Done everything asked of him in his 2 novice chases before missing his prep for the festival. Destroyed Hells Bay over 2m 4f at Cheltenham which is short enough for him and he went on to beat Medermit in the Dipper. Othermix, Reve De Sivola, Divers and Quantitativeeasing all in behind. He then slammed Chigaco Grey over 3m 1f at Cheltenham. It was clear from early on in the RSA Chase that something was not right and he was never travelling, i think he could do well this year. I can certainly forgive him his flop at the festival due to the interrupted preparation.
By:
VECTIS
When: 26 Sep 11 20:09
Rubi Light entered up for Gowran Park on Saturday,fair race in prospect if they all show up.
By:
yourlack
When: 26 Sep 11 20:11
If quel esprit could get his jumping together he would have a chance in the gold cup too, was travelling very well in the sun-alliance.
By:
Princesse D'Anjou
When: 26 Sep 11 20:14
Back In Focus [:)]
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 26 Sep 11 20:16
Is that the Wylie horse Princesse?
By:
yourlack
When: 26 Sep 11 20:18
is he with willie now? think he is.
By:
neill d
When: 26 Sep 11 20:24
Apart from Medermit I really don't rate any of those horses tbh, not a great crop of novices last season imo, wasn't Hells Bay sold out of a big yard to Tizzard, I'm just not really seeing it tbh.
By:
neill d
When: 26 Sep 11 20:26
Bob's worth could be very good, excellent RSA prospect who should thrive over fences, travels great and Geraghty seems mad about him.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 26 Sep 11 20:29
I agree they are not the greatest bunch and he should of beat them as he did. Divers and Chigaco Grey went on to win at the festival all be it the National Hunt Chase and a handicap (i think). I just think he did everything asked off him pre festival and his hurdles form was very good. He went off too short in the end for the RSA but i think he deserved to be head of the market and god only knows what price he would of been had he been able to take his place in the Pillar and won.
I think he will do well this year, believe he is starting off in the Charlie Hall
By:
neill d
When: 26 Sep 11 20:34
Yeah he will probably be value now that he isn't quite as fashionable I suppose.
By:
the jigger
When: 26 Sep 11 21:02
Really looking forward to seeing Samain going over hurdles as he will probably be one of our best chances in one of the novice hurdles at Cheltenham.Really looking forward to seeing Solwhit go Novice chasing and with Peddlers Cross and Menorah going novice chasing as well this season it will make for an interesting campaign.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 26 Sep 11 21:25
Pf. Please don`t take offence at this but you keep writing should/would/could "of".
It`s a commonly made mistake but the phrase is should "have", which is contracted to should've. It obviously sounds like should of but it`s not and it`s a bit of a bug bear of mine! Silly
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 26 Sep 11 21:31
Laugh and i got a B in honours English in my leaving cert, what has happened to this country, they must be giving good results away Devil
By:
Giant Strides
When: 26 Sep 11 21:32
FFS! I only managed a C. Laugh
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 26 Sep 11 21:38
Laugh they must have took pity on me
By:
Giant Strides
When: 26 Sep 11 21:42
Must of. Laugh [;)]
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 26 Sep 11 21:44
Laugh give me a break, it was 9 years ago
By:
Giant Strides
When: 26 Sep 11 21:47
Mine was 20! Cry
Night mate.
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 26 Sep 11 21:52
court victory
By:
Princesse D'Anjou
When: 26 Sep 11 22:56
That's the one Sat - won at Haydock and then beaten at Aintree, will mop up in soft ground IMO
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 27 Sep 11 10:31
Black Benny is some prospect,i think he will murder Waaheeb should they meet.He is trained near me here and i assume it is an act of kindness on behalf of Barry Connell but it could turn out a major mistake.
By:
neill d
When: 27 Sep 11 16:56
I backed him at listowel wildman, he didn't jump great, but he clearly has an engine. He is probably from good stock as the owner buys quality that get better as they go on, but 2  littlecaveats, is he not out a little early for a class horse and might he just want 2 and a half miles.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 27 Sep 11 18:40
Agree Neill d will definitely want two and a half miles,his problem is the trainer who has no facilities and no horses.
By:
thewhiteflag.
When: 27 Sep 11 19:43
Facilities are not everything lads. If they're good enough they win for Shane. Loads of places to go around there I presume for away days? Look at Jonjo O'Neill and Jim Culloty. Have all the facilities but lack the ability to train them in my opinion.
Anyways lookin forward to Loosen My Load this year. Class act. Was it just a lack of strength that prevented him from winning a few more last year? Best trip 2m?
Sir Des Champs broke all the rules last year. Seems to be a great prospect.
First Lieutenant has a profile and the scope to be a live gold cup hope in years to come.
Rathlin gone to Mouse? Why? A little harsh on Rothwell?
Rigour Back Bob ran a cracker in the stayers last year. Should pick up a fair few staying hurdles this year.
Sivota  got a shocker of a ride in Cheltenham last year. Big handicap to be won with this one.
For Non Stop. Nice prospect with more improvement to come
By:
neill d
When: 27 Sep 11 21:13
Saw a fella on Facebook who was at the races at Navan remark the exact same thing about Loosen my Load thewhiteflag and then DeBromhead came on and said that yes he had put on weight and gotten stronger. Hopefully there might be a  the bit of good will for a young trainer wildman.
By:
downallstar
When: 27 Sep 11 23:47
Said it after his hurdle debut win in Ireland last year, and am sticking by it, Sir Des Champs wins the Arkle (Solwhit the danger).
Master Minded will put it up to Long Run in the KG.
Quito De La Roque will mop up the 3 mile G1's in Ireland and is our best hope for the Gold Cup.
By:
mrtopnotch
When: 28 Sep 11 10:53
Dazzling Susie Cool
By:
ChildOfMine2
When: 28 Sep 11 23:49
The four I've already backed for Cheltenham are Peddlers Cross in the Arkle Trophy - sets the standard by far and looks the best hurdler to go over fences for years. Stays 2m4f which you need to win an Arkle too, Bobs Worth in the RSA Chase - looks a machine and will be the best of the home 3m novice chasers come March, Captain Chris in the Queen Mother Champion Chase - The old guard are defo on the way out in the 2m chase division and this lad looks capable of taking the leap necessary, and Time For Rupert in the Cheltenham Gold Cup - As some have said, take Long Run out of the Cheltenham GC and its wide open. This lad has only had one bad run in two seasons, when there were genuines excuses for his RSA Chase poor showing, and he's been the only horse to put it up to Big Buck's over the past three seasons.

I was extremely taken by Frawley last Saturday at Navan and he could be a major player in the Supreme Novice Hurdle next March - I already see him winning the Royal Bond in November. Rubi Light is a horse which shocked me with his run in the Ryanair Chase last March and I wouldn't be surprised if he won on Saturday - He was a massive improver last term. The Gigginstown duo of Roi Du Meree and First Lieutenant both look exciting, particularly the former in what is a wide open 3m chase division, while the coming months are when I think, and hope, Mikael D'Haguenet and Jessies Dream finally realise their potential over fences.

BUT, the best bet all season long is undoubtely Hurricane Fly in the Champion Hurdle - he's 7/4 now and will be 1/2, even 2/5, come Champion Hurdle day.

Let the great battles of the winter and spring months commence Happy
By:
ChildOfMine2
When: 28 Sep 11 23:52
Also agree that Master Minded will beat Long Run in the King George - I've been saying it since his demolition Champion Chase win a few years back that he's going to be sensational over 3m around Kempton. He's not a Gold Cup horse however.
By:
ChildOfMine2
When: 29 Sep 11 00:02
There's also a novice hurdler of Henderson's that they think is a machine, Mono Man. They think he'll go right to the top Happy
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 29 Sep 11 14:13
i thought that grey from france was the new star of chemical nickys?Confused
By:
soapp
When: 29 Sep 11 18:12
Looking forward to seeing the Champion Chase holder Sizing Europe on Saturday at Gowran. Sign of the real NH season when the Cheltenham and Aintree winners reappear.

As Dave Duggan said on the Irish Angle today surely Margaret Fogarty will water liberally in order that these great horses will grace our screen on Saturday.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com