Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
28 Aug 11 21:56
| Topic/replies: 28,552 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
Put the Dubs in first as its a home venue for them ( or maybe its not judged on recent appearances on 3rd Sunday in September in Croke Park ).

Based on todays viewing of the Dublin vs Donegal match Kerry will be strong favourites , think they were 1.71  before todays kick off , now 1.65 .  Should probably be shorter than that , but pure weight of Dublin support will probably mean that there is no "plunge " on Kerry .

Based on todays struggle to overcome a very limited Donegal team , Dublin fans will have gleaned little from todays match .  No doubt delighted along with the GAA hierarchy at the "dream " final  , but Dublin perpretated so many basic mistakes and failings today that  a neutral ( like me ) will simply post a big fancy for Kerry .

However each match is between 15 individuals , and the hope ( for all ) is that the final will be an open game with both teams concentrating on scoring rather than stopping the other team from getting the ball . Hope the Dublin player sent off gets a reprieve , I have seen worse go unpunished many times before , pure handbags stuff .

Kerry forwards vs Dublin defence , Dublin attack against Kerry defence  , its a simple equation .  Historically outside my own county I have always supported the football teams ( as against the puke football teams ) . A Dublin win in the final would generate a lot of interest and would suit the hierarchy ( GAA that is ) , but it may be a bridge too far based on todays viewing .

I thought Dublin were excellent against Tyrone , but history will have to place that in context when we have had the benefit of hindsight ( and have seen the Dubs over a reasonable length of time ) . Hope todays performace in Croke Park was not the criteria on which to judge Dublin , roll on the 18th of next month !
Pause Switch to Standard View Dublin vs Kerry , Sunday 18 Sept
Show More
Report the jolly September 16, 2011 12:27 PM BST
Donaghy got 2 points against Mayo.
Report freddiek September 16, 2011 12:28 PM BST
i can see Donaghy having a big final

like he did agin Cork some years ago
Report kiddo112 September 16, 2011 1:14 PM BST
It's with Boils Dinglemick. It was the one that caught my eye most as well.

Freddiek, if you fancy Donaghy, then the 11/10 over 1.5 with Boils looks much better than looking for him to outscore Brogan.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 16, 2011 2:09 PM BST
kelly,
Three Cheers for Tipp Sad
Report Anaglogs Daughter September 16, 2011 3:03 PM BST
There saying Clukton playing outfield in training, wearing the Number.10 jersey. Seems he's concentrating more on his 45s and free kicks then saves. They must be planning to be fouled alot Cool Talking of jerseys Colm Cooper will attempt to become the first number 13 to captain an All-Ireland winning senior football team on Sunday.

Until now, it has been a case of unlucky 13 for right corner forwards who have skippered their teams in All-Ireland finals with both Colm O'Rourke and Philip Clifford having found that to their cost in more recent times. O'Rourke captained Meath when they lost the 1990 decider to Cork, while Clifford also wore the number 13 jersey when Cork lost the 1999 decider to Meath.

No doubt, Dublin - whose captain Bryan Cullen wears the number 12 jersey - will hope the record continues on Sunday
Report kiddo112 September 16, 2011 4:12 PM BST
Cluxton is 4/7 for over 1.5pts AD. How many shots did he have against Donegal, 4-5 anyways I think??

Oh and talking of fouls, Dublin are 4/9 to concede most Mischief
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 16, 2011 4:25 PM BST
ebay - €750+ for 2 Premium Hogan (near centre field).......2 much me tinks Cool
Report Anaglogs Daughter September 16, 2011 4:40 PM BST
Hogan Stand: The mad rush for All-Ireland football tickets has seen some people splash out big.

Four premium level tickets for Sunday's All-Ireland SFC final have fetched an astonishing €1,892 on bidding website eBay. The transaction was made on Tuesday for the four tickets that are seated in the Davin Stand.

The GAA has stated earlier in the week that any known tickets that have been bought from an unofficial source or sold above face value will be declared null and void if handed in at the turnstiles on Sunday.

Other ticket websites have been offering All-Ireland tickets for €700, while a coveted Hill 16 could be bought for €400.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 16, 2011 4:56 PM BST
Ebay guy (Kellyboy41424 from Rathoath, Co Meath) says he bought 2 at a 'charity auction'.

Just sold them for €820 -Hogan-Section-534- premium level tickets.

http://www.crokepark.ie/about/seating-plans
Report paddletoe September 16, 2011 6:40 PM BST
After a bit of thought i am now plumping for the Dubs. Think the Dubs forwards will have the legs on the ageing Kerry defence. Dubs seem to have the better age mix and you got to think they will have the edge in fitness and hunger. Think the odds should be closer so Dubs the bet at the prices.
Report timberman September 16, 2011 7:45 PM BST
Heard a lot of people moaning about not getting tickets but none of them were members of any clubs?...what do they expect...
Report squigs September 16, 2011 7:49 PM BST
Sure I look forward to Rocketfingers coming on later in the year talking about empty seats and face value been easily available on the day.

I was lucky to have tickets but with my own county not playing I gave to a friend who follows the Dubs for face value.
Report timberman September 16, 2011 7:54 PM BST
Id imagine sundays game could sell twice ie 160K....
Report timberman September 16, 2011 7:57 PM BST
Actually now that I think of it I see in todays paper that there does be 40 odd seats in the lower cussack kept free ie left empty to allow for people suffering vertigo in the upper stands..interesting...obviously these are the seats poisonfingers does be on about!!!
Report Anaglogs Daughter September 16, 2011 8:29 PM BST
timberman     16 Sep 11 19:54 
Id imagine sundays game could sell twice ie 160K

1 pt in it on the 70th minute, 3 minutes added, Dublin equalise in the 2nd min of injury time...What happens next? Doe he play the 3rd min or get the feck out of here? Cool
Report Cupwinkcook September 16, 2011 9:41 PM BST
Donaghy got 2 goals in that final in '2007 but Kerry people near didn't think he played well and was effectively gifted them

I think he'll break his balls to get parity and will spend much time around the midfield

he's essentially midfield cover with scanlon and quirke out
Report redroar September 16, 2011 10:50 PM BST
You've got mad maths skills timberman [;)]
Report paddletoe September 16, 2011 11:58 PM BST
The group i was with were lucky enough to pick up a spare ticket at face value for two all ireland finals in a pub before the game. Only once have i ever went looking a ticket from a tout on the day. That was for the 1995 final. Paid a oner for a cussack stand ticket. Think it was punts.
Report frank60 September 17, 2011 12:07 AM BST
DUBLIN 1- 13    KERRY 1-11   HAD A PUNT ON THE DUBS AT 2.94;[:)] HERES HOPEING
Report getinthere10 September 17, 2011 12:35 AM BST
good luck to the dubs i hope they win tho this years all irelands has been dull compared to the last few years just hope for a good final
Report Catch Me ifyoucan September 17, 2011 12:55 PM BST
CALL YOUR SCORE

KERRY 2-14 v DUBLIN 1-10 (7 point game) fwit
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby September 17, 2011 1:05 PM BST
I know absolutely nothing about GAA, zilch but it is so clear that Dublin's sucess is killing you

What success is that exactly? Laugh
Report Santry September 17, 2011 5:14 PM BST
Dublin 1-14 Kerry 1-12 . Heres hoping anyway.
Report Anaglogs Daughter September 18, 2011 10:59 AM BST
Feck me Santry that is unreal. I done a score prediction in the pub last night and i put Kerry 1-14 Dublin 1-12 LaughLaugh
Report db1974 September 18, 2011 1:06 PM BST
The GAA should be buying the tickets on ebay and tracing them back to where they originated rather than scaremongering people into thinking they might not get in
Report lizardlouis September 18, 2011 1:30 PM BST
Aah Jesus, I was just saying to a few boys down the road there y'know, I tink it'll be Kerry 1-14 Dublin 1-12, holy mother of god!
Report Stamford Bridge September 18, 2011 2:00 PM BST
I feel DUBLIN are huge value at 15/8..I think Kerry were gone two years ago but Cork bottled it in the Final.
Dublin haven't got the spread of scores Kerry have.But what they have is intensity,physicality and they are more battle hardened than Kerry this season.
also note Dublin have upped the ante after every moderate display this year.
Average v Laois
Very Good V Kildare (Despite the controversial winner they deserved to beat one of the best teams in the competion)
Moderate V Wexford
Awesome v Tyrone
Average v Donegal
??????? V Kerry
(I think Dublin have huge fitness reserves which last year they didn't ! Last year they lasted 60 minutes ,this year they can last 75. They were fling in last 10minutes v Donegal who were legless !!!
Verdict DUBLIN to win handily provided they contain Kerry in first 10minutes !!
Report BJG September 18, 2011 2:35 PM BST
Crackin minor game

Dubs bottle it again Shocked
Report Roger De Bris September 18, 2011 2:37 PM BST
Racing Post Ireland, am I right in saying there is no recommended bet in todays paper for the All-Ireland? Doesnt even say what time kick-off is....very poor, not interested in what was written on Friday.
Report timberman September 18, 2011 2:46 PM BST
JUST SHOWS BACKING FAVS IN MINOR MATCHS THE WAY TO THE POOR HOUSE.....
Report The Bhoys September 18, 2011 3:03 PM BST
3.30 throw in lads?
Report westden September 18, 2011 3:12 PM BST
Anyone got a live webstream link?
Report Dan Chipowski September 18, 2011 4:47 PM BST
Dubs giving away silly frees. Kerry looking the stronger team now.

Dubs might rue that missed goal chance in the first half.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby September 18, 2011 5:01 PM BST
WD Dublin fantastic match
Report Kriskin September 18, 2011 5:02 PM BST
When done the Dubs.  Well played
Report freddiek September 18, 2011 5:03 PM BST
fantastic match my eye

sh!t game it was
Report Anaglogs Daughter September 18, 2011 5:03 PM BST
Anaglogs Daughter     16 Sep 11 15:03

There saying Clukton playing outfield in training, wearing the Number.10 jersey. Seems he's concentrating more on his 45s and free kicks then saves.
They must be planning to be fouled alot  Talking of jerseys Colm Cooper will attempt to become the first number 13 to captain an All-Ireland winning senior football team on Sunday.

Until now, it has been a case of unlucky 13 for right corner forwards who have skippered their teams in All-Ireland finals with both Colm O'Rourke and Philip Clifford having found that to their cost in more recent times. O'Rourke captained Meath when they lost the 1990 decider to Cork, while Clifford also wore the number 13 jersey when Cork lost the 1999 decider to Meath.

No doubt, Dublin - whose captain Bryan Cullen wears the number 12 jersey - will hope the record continues on Sunday

kiddo112     16 Sep 11 16:12 
Cluxton is 4/7 for over 1.5pts AD. How many shots did he have against Donegal, 4-5 anyways I think??

Oh and talking of fouls, Dublin are 4/9 to concede most
Report Dan Chipowski September 18, 2011 5:03 PM BST
Fair play to Dublin. Never gave up and kept going and going. Sickener for Kerry, Dubs absoluted mugged them late on. Silly
Report fiddles September 18, 2011 5:04 PM BST
Cluxton, What a legend? He'll never have to buy a drink again!!!
Report BJG September 18, 2011 5:05 PM BST
Well done Dublin Cool

Kerry left that behind tho
Report Kriskin September 18, 2011 5:06 PM BST
Dublin 1 - 12 - 1 - 11 Kerry
Report 123Intruder September 18, 2011 5:07 PM BST
Well done to the ref, must have got a nice back hander for some of the decisions he made today
Report fiddles September 18, 2011 5:08 PM BST
123Intruder 18 Sep 11 17:07 
Well done to the ref, must have got a nice back hander for some of the decisions he made today

Lost money, obviouslyLaughLaughLaugh
Report GANT007 September 18, 2011 5:13 PM BST
Well done to the Dubs.......the national sport will get some lift from this........75% of the population can't be wrong......Rocketfingers and co will have gone through a fair few lemons today........I'd say Workrider is watching the game in Salou with his vodafone jersey on.
Report heezagoodoperator September 18, 2011 5:17 PM BST
Yee-haa!! Cheered Dublin from the bottom of my lungs in that last 10 minutes. One of the best games I've ever seen. Unbelieveable character, passion and pride in their county - they looked dead and buried. The millionaire soccer players across the Irish sea could not play with that passion. Up the Dubs and enjoy your victory! FANTASTIC stuff!!
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby September 18, 2011 5:21 PM BST
Spot on ^ All that the GAA is about passion and pride, wd Bernard you deserve it
Report lapsy pa September 18, 2011 5:22 PM BST
Good for the Dubs and good for the game,not before time well done.
Report hoops48 September 18, 2011 5:28 PM BST
freddiek seething
Report Sir mix a lot September 18, 2011 5:31 PM BST
Cluxton looks like he lost at the end. Why was he going back to the changing rooms with the kerry players?
Report Pull Hard September 18, 2011 5:40 PM BST
Player of the year? Either Brogan, Cluxton?
Report Mordin. September 18, 2011 5:41 PM BST
Killian Young and Declan O'Sullivan lost that between them fumbling around the middle. Like to see that last free again, thought the ref would play for a draw.
Report timberman September 18, 2011 5:44 PM BST
Some comeback by Dublin..Barry John Keane made a few hugely costly mistakes when he came on...thought the ref gave Dublin some handy frees in the first half but it was a great match and even if i lost my dough it was a tremendous occasion in the closing minutes and after....Cluxton will get player of the year...
Report Anaglogs Daughter September 18, 2011 5:46 PM BST
Result Dublin 1-12  1-11 Kerry

Think we'll have to give it to Frank only a point out

frank60     17 Sep 11 00:07 
DUBLIN 1- 13    KERRY 1-11   HAD A PUNT ON THE DUBS AT 2.94; HERES HOPEING
Report paddletoe September 18, 2011 5:54 PM BST
Can only guess Cluxton wished to give the limelight to the outfield players that he went straight to the dressing room without going up for the cup or taking part in any of the celebrations. If so, you have to give him a lot of credit for such a selfless act in not wishing to be the centre of attention for the cameras after his free sealed victory.
Report mikeywinner September 18, 2011 5:56 PM BST
who you think got man of the match? brogan or cluxton?
Report Sir mix a lot September 18, 2011 5:58 PM BST
I don't think he'd be hogging the limelight. very odd
Report paddletoe September 18, 2011 5:58 PM BST
Well its between Brogan and Cluxton for both man of the match and also player of the year.
Report paddletoe September 18, 2011 6:01 PM BST
Maybe Cluxton was just too filled with emotion to take part in the celebrations. But i like to think it was simply a selfless act on his part in wishing to play down his own personal contribution and not seeking the obvious attention he would receive by getting the winning score.
Report GANT007 September 18, 2011 6:06 PM BST
I'd say he wanted to get the last 20 mins of the Man Utd / Chelsea match.
Report poorestpunter September 18, 2011 6:06 PM BST
Well its between Brogan and Cluxton for both man of the match and also player of the year.

I'm on cluxton at 25/1 with powers, but I don't think he deserves man of the match.  Cooper was the stand out player and next best was Darren O'Sullivan imo.  Didn't think Bernard Brogan was great at all today, Alan started well but in common with many Dublin players faded out of it.  As far as Dub candidates for man of the match go, McManamom (or whatever spelling it is) maybe?  Other than that, they all played reasonably, but nobody stood out?

I thought the injury time as always was a joke, what had to be particularly galling was that it took exactly 1 minute for Cluxton to take his free kick (half of the allotted 2 mins) and the referee blew it up on the subsequent kick out, exactly 10sec over the 2 mins - absolute joke and it's time this job was done independently.

Now, come on the sunday game panel and give it to the cluxtinator!!
Report ReimerpYsatnaf September 18, 2011 6:11 PM BST
take that freddiek you seething clown LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

UP THE DUBS!!!
Report paddletoe September 18, 2011 6:14 PM BST
Credit to the Dublin supporters for not coming onto the pitch after the match. It was great to see the players celebrate infront of a packed Hill 16.

Full deserving victory for the Dubs and especially their supporters who give Croke Park an atmosphere unrivalled in Irish sport. The scenes on Hill 16 when the Dubs scored their late goal were fantastic.
Report mikeywinner September 18, 2011 6:16 PM BST
im on brogan! you never know,
Report paddletoe September 18, 2011 6:20 PM BST
Good point about the time taken for Cluxtons free. Should not be allowed that a team can use the clock to their advantage by using a goalkeeper to take a free and run down the clock. No problems with goalkeepers taking frees but you cant be allowed to use a goalkeeper to run down the clock in such circumstances when the game is so big, the time left so little and the scoreline so close.
Report Anaglogs Daughter September 18, 2011 6:42 PM BST
Works both ways, I'm sure if the ball is up the other end in the corner and a dub player has it i bet the Kerryman doesn't think twice of pulling him down to waste time
Report Stamford Bridge September 18, 2011 6:54 PM BST
18 Sep 11 14:00 Joined: 30 Jun 07 | Topic/replies: 56 | Blogger: Stamford Bridge's blog
I feel DUBLIN are huge value at 15/8..I think Kerry were gone two years ago but Cork bottled it in the Final.
Dublin haven't got the spread of scores Kerry have.But what they have is intensity,physicality and they are more battle hardened than Kerry this season.
also note Dublin have upped the ante after every moderate display

Great win Dubs...been a bad punting year for yours truly on THE GAA-But Dublin rescue my fortunes.....phew !ShockedLaugh
Report poorestpunter September 18, 2011 7:01 PM BST
Works both ways, I'm sure if the ball is up the other end in the corner and a dub player has it i bet the Kerryman doesn't think twice of pulling him down to waste time

I know, but who wasted the time is irrelevant, it should be played anyway and perhaps if a rugby style clock was introduced there'd be no room for argument.  In this instance, the goalkeeper coming up to take the free wasted even more time than an outfield player would get away with before incurring the wrath of the referee.
Report neill d September 18, 2011 7:06 PM BST
Kerry outstayed up the run in by younger fitter team who also happened to have a lot of class, well done Dublin, they showed amazing character, also a much more amaible team than previous Dublin incarnations. well done.
Report neill d September 18, 2011 7:07 PM BST
amiable*
Report Steveirll September 18, 2011 7:22 PM BST
123Intruder Joined: 07 Feb 10
Replies: 103 18 Sep 11 17:07 

sour LaughLaughLaugh
Report The Bhoys September 18, 2011 9:09 PM BST
well played dublin. probably the only lad in the north on for yous!
Report Swinia September 18, 2011 9:10 PM BST
the ref was appalling - really was and in NO WAY should Cluxton get motm. His kickouts are a liability when the pressure is on. For most of the second half Kerry telegraphed his kickouts and won them all.

As a neutral it was an enthralling match
Report The Bhoys September 18, 2011 9:11 PM BST
great game from wat a seen but so was utd v chelsea
Report Mordin. September 18, 2011 9:18 PM BST
McMenamin took 6 steps for his goal.
Report The Gotchee September 18, 2011 9:28 PM BST
I counted 7
Report kiddo112 September 18, 2011 9:57 PM BST
kiddo112
Date Joined: 24 Apr 04
Add contact | Send message When: 16 Sep 11 12:17 Joined: Date Joined: 24 Apr 04 | Topic/replies: 1,163 | Blogger: kiddo112's blog
Weather looks to be settling down for Sunday afternoon.

Lots of markets up for this one. Anyone see anything that appeals??

Alan Brogan is 5/6 to outscore Donaghy. Could be interesting, especially when Ladbrokes offer 8/13 on Donaghy to notch over 0.5pts.

Paul Flynn under 1.5pts with Boils. He starts, but if he has a dodgy hamstring then he may not last?

Kevin Mc Menamin looked very dangerous when he came on against Donegal. Very direct player. He isn't in most of the goal scorer lists, I think mainly because their rules state they have to start. But he is 10/1 with WH to be the last goalscorer.

Love
Report poorestpunter September 18, 2011 10:09 PM BST
mcmenamon and alan brogan just been interviewed, no man of the match for them.
Report Sir mix a lot September 18, 2011 10:25 PM BST
why does CLuxton looks so pissed off? hasn't cracked a smile since the final whistle!
Report mikeywinner September 18, 2011 10:30 PM BST
hope he doesnt get man of the match!
Report The Gotchee September 18, 2011 10:30 PM BST
Daniel O Connell! John B. Keane! Tom Crean! John L Sullivan! Con Houlihan! Mick O Dwyer! Austin Stack! Horatio Herbert Kitchener! Private Sayers! Your boys took one he'll of a beating! Your boys took one he'll of a beating! Plain
Report The Gotchee September 18, 2011 10:32 PM BST
*Peig Sayers*
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby September 18, 2011 10:52 PM BST
why does CLuxton looks so pissed off? hasn't cracked a smile since the final whistle!

he feels guilty Laugh

http://www.independent.ie/
national-news/
mcateer-calls-on-cluxton-to-apologise-over-punch-2609496.html
Report mikeywinner September 18, 2011 11:14 PM BST
ooks like alan brogan is player of the year
Report mikeywinner September 18, 2011 11:14 PM BST
looks
Report wildmanfromborneo September 18, 2011 11:28 PM BST
Freddiek accuses Reimerpysatnaf of knowing nothing about the GAA along with some other snide remarks, so for heavens sake hide the result of the GAA Tipping Competition.
Report thegalwayman September 19, 2011 8:56 AM BST
I agree with Mordin's comment about Killian Young. He had a horrific final quarter.

The use of Kerry's bench was very strange. There was no need to take off Kieran O'Leary so early in the game. Additionally, when Brosnan went off Kerry were opened up through the middle. The less said about Barry John Keane the better.

Well done to the Dubs. Fantastic attitude.
Report mayway September 19, 2011 12:44 PM BST
What a fantastic game! It was great to see Grinch Coopers face as the Dubs hoisted up Sam. Now they have to head back to Kerry after bottling it against the SuperDubs and endure the self-inflicted and pointless shame that that will bring them.

Jack O'Connor was so bitter at the end of the match that he practically had to be told to congratulate the Dubs by Marty! What a complete tool.

The whole country were united behind the Dubs yesterday (1 or 2 bitter individuals aside) and the Dubs gave Kerry a masterclass is how to play football. Fantastic spectacle for all GAA fans!

The ref let himself down badly for not sending off Sheehan for pulling down a player just outside the box when a goal was on. Shocking that such a poor player was then nominated as a potential Man of the Match afterwards. Sheehan was a disgrace on the day.

Well done the SuperDubs - the Team of the Decade!
Report thefly10 September 19, 2011 1:06 PM BST
Mayway you are totally deluded. 'Self inflicted and pointless shame that that will bring to them'Laugh

'Jack O'Connor was so bitter at the end of the match that he practically had to be told to congratulate the Dubs by Marty! What a complete tool.' You are the 'complete tool', if you actually listen to the after match interview, Jack O'Connor was very gracious in defeat, himself and each Kerry player showed great sportsmanship.

'the Team of the Decade!' I cannot find the right adjective to label you with Laugh
Report mayway September 19, 2011 1:12 PM BST
The people of Kerry have long had a stigma attached to losing to the Dubs. It's ridiculous I know but there you have it. The Grinch Cooper will have to face the braying hordes upon his return to Kerry and no mistake. In my mind there's no shame in losing to a vastly superior outfit.

Did you not see the interview with JackO? It was pathetic. It was over and he suddenly realised that he hadn't said anything about the Dubs! :-) He looked really foolish and anything but gracious. It was brilliant. He was exposed badly.

The SuperDubs ARE the Team of the Decade! Absolutely magnificent!
Report GANT007 September 19, 2011 1:29 PM BST
Mayway.......Take a chill pill you sound as bad as the Shamrock Rovers 3 on here.....it took them 16 years also.
Enjoy the super performance and keep the feet on the ground.
Report thefly10 September 19, 2011 1:39 PM BST
LaughLaughI pity youSad ..

'the braying hordes'Laugh

Well thats your opinion I respect thatLaugh 99.9% of people on this would agree with me that O'Connor and other Kerrymen showed tremendous sportsmanship.. Yes 'the team of the decade'Blush

Not going to waste my time with a WUM.
Report mayway September 19, 2011 2:57 PM BST
Ha-ha! "Sportsmanship"?

How "sporting" was it when Sheehan pulled down a Dub as he was entering the box about to score an almost certain goal?

How "sporting" was it when Donaghy dived and rolled on the ground as if he'd been planted full force in the nads with a cricket bat when, in reality, he was barely touched 2 minutes from time?

The answer is "not very". Or "not at all".

Kerry were exposed as a shoddy outfit and JackO's interview at the end was really poor and bitter.

But the best part is that the SuperDubs won and I don't really care about 2nd rate teams like Kerry.

Life is Beautiful!
Report neill d September 19, 2011 3:52 PM BST
Amazing the margins isn't it, the Dubs outstayed em, but Kerry lost all composure and conviction after that midfield turnover, it took all their momentum away, Dublin deserved it, but it was akin to a long in the tooth chaser clattering the second last and losing all momentum more than anything. Dublin were excellent, but kildare and particularly Cork must be kicking themselves as well. Kerry need to get some legs into that team bigtime, if they can service a forward line of Darren o'Sullivan, Cooper and Donaghy next year with lads who can cover ground, athletes in the mould of Dublin, they will be bang there again. The lad playing midfield for dublin is a monster of an athlete MD McCauly I think, he is very effective, but he couldn't kick a football stright to save his life, Kerry have plenty of classy footballers, but they need 4 or 5 lads that can cover the ground a la MD.
Report neill d September 19, 2011 3:57 PM BST
I'd possible advocate maybe doing something radical like moving Declan O'Sullivan back to centre back to give the team more impetus in that area, their movements from the back were too aimless at times and O'Sullivan could carry the ball forward, and pass accurately, they should maybe have a look at moving Gooch to centre forward as well as he is the best playmaker in the country imo and could easily pull the strings from there, they could then move Darren O'sulliavan inside where he could utilise his pace more potently. Brian Sheehan was the best Kerry player yesterday imo, but they need a workhorse next to him to compliment his footballing ability.
Report Barney Rock September 19, 2011 4:53 PM BST
Delighted

UP THE DUBS
Report the jolly September 19, 2011 5:20 PM BST
As a Kerryman, feeling very disappointed this morning.  Congrats to the Dubs and Dub supporters on making it a fantastic occasion. Was struggling to analyse the game last night.  It was pretty low scoring for a match with so few wides.  Not too many stand out performers from either side. At the match thought the ref did a decent job, but the Sunday Game did pick up on some soft scorable frees for the Dubs.  The Case for an independent timekeeper was also strengthened. Looks wide open for next year.  Kerry, Tyrone and Cork all have their issues and the Dubs will see how difficult it is to retain. Mayo, Kildare must come into the equation prob with a few others.
Report Kelly September 19, 2011 9:45 PM BST
Been away since Friday , just back from Donegal which is just about above water  , unlike Fermanagh which I drove through home , under water .

Saw the match OK , smash and grab from the Dubs , fair play to them , they hung in when they were being outplayed most of the second half . Kerry 4 points up with 7 minutes to go and Dublin under control looked past the post , just shows what can happen . Astonished at Kerry in the scenario , know from my days involvement in football when our team was in a position like Kerry's , the call went around ( specifically among the backs )  " no goals " .  Simple formula , but it always worked .

Draw would have been a fairer result , Kerry did not deserve to lose as they were more skilful over the 70 minutes . But at the end of the day Dubs scored more , so they win .  Hopefully the game in Dublin and surrounds will prosper , Kerry will be back but its partly the "legs " thing  , hard to keep it going for the full 70 minutes when you are on the wrong side of 30  , no matter how skilful you are .

Well done the Dubs , a bit unlucky Kerry if its any consolation to the Kingdom supporters .
Report The Gotchee September 19, 2011 10:10 PM BST
Kerry got c0cky, thought they had it won when Gooch scored to go 3 points up with their fist pumping, brash and over confident behaviour, in particular, Donaghy. Elementary mistake but they will be a dangerous animal next year.
Report Kelly September 20, 2011 10:30 AM BST
Not sure Kerry have as good a bench as Dublin for instance , plus the ageing factor and hunger .  I would not be taking a short price Kerry for next year .
Report Tony Fenton September 20, 2011 6:00 PM BST
COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com