Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
den perry
30 Jul 11 18:42
| Topic/replies: 955 | Blogger: den perry's blog
what a horrible cretin. Imagine this sordid human being being Pesidant. Do the decent thing and resign sicko

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 174
By:
workrider
When: 30 Jul 11 20:22
agree  should be sent packing , vile ....
By:
Tolmi
When: 30 Jul 11 20:38
Surely the 6s him not to be nominated/stand with PP is worth an interest?
By:
Blackwater
When: 30 Jul 11 20:46
It's a great bet, Tolmi. I'm already on.
By:
gentlemanjohn
When: 30 Jul 11 21:29
Had a look. 1/25 not to be nominated. Must have taken a tenner at 6s
By:
worple12
When: 30 Jul 11 22:04
Some papers were suggesting that according to polls he was the peoples favourite for the presidency.What does that say about the people?
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 30 Jul 11 22:09
onl gays and bisxuals vote!
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 30 Jul 11 22:10
sorry can't spells those words right, bisexuals i ment.
By:
Blackwater
When: 30 Jul 11 22:41
It wasn't a tenner, Gmj, it was 19.50.
By:
triumphoragony
When: 30 Jul 11 23:02
that's the straw that breaks the camels back,imo. he can't come back from this, he'd still cause controversy if he became president....
By:
workrider
When: 31 Jul 11 12:48
some of his own kind who were part of his staff , are sickened by his reluctance to tell the truth ,it seems that trying to defend  this former boyfriend of that  terrible crime is to much even for them....gays are very well organised and can be seen most days defending their own from all sorts..lots of gays now in the media and they play that .."well it is only normal after all card".. on a regular basis...but even they can see the danger been linked to something as sensitive as this were children are involved....
By:
dj876
When: 02 Aug 11 09:27
nr
By:
workrider
When: 02 Aug 11 11:47
hope you're right ....dj876...best news i'v heard in a long time if true...these people dont represent the ordinary man in the street imo...his morals and mine would be totally different , what he considers normal would not be my way of seeing things ...hope him and his lot return henceforth to were they came from....
By:
claimingseven
When: 02 Aug 11 13:22
A little homophobic are we Workrider?
By:
reb
When: 02 Aug 11 14:23
2 questions,workrider:

What's your opinion of Michael D. ?

Do you have a gun ?
By:
Tony Fenton
When: 02 Aug 11 14:31
Dear me you're some dope wonky.
By:
RoyalAcademy
When: 02 Aug 11 14:40
why don't you tell us what you really think of the Senator goys?
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Aug 11 15:10
Senator David Norris has withdrawn from the Presidential campaign
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Aug 11 15:12
David Norris has withdrawn from the Presidential campaign' The Senator is giving a press conference in Dublin at the moment.

Earlier, Barnardos Chief Executive Fergus Finlay said he believes Senator David Norris should announce he is no longer seeking a nomination for the presidency.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, Mr Finlay, who failed to secure the Labour Party nomination for the presidency, said: 'You simply cannot use public office to try to influence a court in the particular situation that pertained in this case, it is simply not acceptable'.

Mr Finlay said that for the sake of the contribution Mr Norris can still make to public life 'he needs to announce in a dignified fashion that he is withdrawing from the race'.

He added that if this was a letter written by a bishop about a priest or a minister about a constituent, then 'David would be among those people calling on that bishop or minister to resign'.

Speaking on the News at One, Mary Banotti, who contested the 1997 Presidential election, said she believed that Senator Norris should abandon his campaign.

She said she believed that he made a 'fatal mistake' by not telling his staff about the letters.

It emerged on Saturday, that in 1997 Senator Norris wrote a letter on Seanad notepaper to an Israeli court pleading clemency for his former partner, who had been found guilty of the statutory rape of a 15-year-old boy.

In the wake of the revelation, Mr Norris said he remained committed to his campaign for the presidency, but admitted that his chances of securing an official nomination were now 'slim'.

In a statement released today the Israeli embassy that: 'Allegations made in the media by some Irish public figures that the Embassy was involved in the publication of a letter written by Senator David Norris to a court in Israel have absolutely no foundation'.

The statement added that successive Israeli ambassadors to Ireland have enjoyed a 'friendly, if combative and mutually critical, relationship' with Mr Norris over the years, and that there is much admiration in Israel for his work on human rights and reform of laws relating to homsexuality.

Three independent TDs have announced that they are withdrawing their support for Senator Norris.

Waterford Deputy John Halligan says he thinks the Senator should have made more of an effort to explain the letter.

Dublin North-Central TD Finian McGrath - who had been co-ordinating Senator Norris's campaign - and Donegal South-West Deputy Thomas Pringle have also withdrawn their backing for Mr Norris.

However, Independent Dublin-Central TD Maureen O'Sullivan said she was continuing to support Senator Norris because of his record on human rights and equality issues.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Aug 11 15:19
Paddy Power are refunding over €10,000 in losing bets placed on David Norris winning Irish presidential election.
By:
Tony Fenton
When: 02 Aug 11 15:22
There's at least one zero missing from that. Or have the PR dept missed a trick.
By:
claimingseven
When: 02 Aug 11 15:25
Well RoyalAcademy i will tell you what i think, i am disappointed. In no way do i condone what his partner/friend did and was ultimately found guilty of doing.

I am disappointed in the fact that Senator Norris was naive in using Seanad Headed paper to write his letter to the Israelian authorities pleading for leniancy in the case of his friend. He must have known that if he ever did run for President (as he alluded to in the letter) that this would come back against him. Using official office paper gives off a view to people that the views expressed on Seanad paper are the views that he would uphold in office.

I am disappointed that a letter written 14 years ago is only coming out now when he is topping polls to be the next President. People obviously have known that this letter existed and have waited until now to release it into the public domain. The blogger who broke the story has since come out and said HE IS DISAPPOINTED that he has been used. An acquaintance of his who has strong links to the trade union movement in Ireland gave him the heads up on this hence enabling him to research and break the story. It stinks of dirty political tricks from the Labour Party or those working inside the Labour Party.

I would say i am disappointed in the TD's that have deserted him but i am not, as history has shown the majority of them are only out for one person and one person and that is themselves. When it looked like they were backing a winner they were quick enough to jump ship when they looked like they were backing a loser.

Personally i would have and still will, if he does manage to secure a nomination, vote for him. I think he would have been a breath of fresh air to the Presidency regardless of his sexuality. He would have promoted this country worldwide with an elegance and vigour not seen before at a time when this country needs all the promotion it can get.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Aug 11 15:26
Senator David Norris said he regrets giving the impression that he did not have sufficient compassion for the victim
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Aug 11 15:30
Senator David Norris has announced that he is to withdraw from the presidential campaign.

The Senator made the announcement at a press conference in Dublin.

Announcing his withdrawal from the race, Mr Norris said he deeply regrets the most recent of all the controversies concerning his former partner of 25 year ago, Ezra Nawi.

Mr Norris said the fallout from his disgraceful behaviour has now spread to him and is in danger of contaminating others close to him both in his political and personal life.

He said that it is essential that he acts decisively to end this negative process.

Senator Norris says he does not regret supporting and seeking clemency for a friend, but he does regret giving the impression that he did not have sufficient compassion for the victim of Ezra's crime.

The Senator says he now accepts that more than a decade-and-a-half later when he has reviewed the issue - and is not emotionally involved, when he is not afraid that Ezra might take his own life - he sees that he was wrong.

He said Mr Nawi served his time and never offended again, but Mr Norris said his actions were terrible but his motivation to write the letter was out of love and concern.

He was eager to support someone who was very important in his life.

Mr Norris said he was involved in many campaigns and has written many hundreds of letters on behalf of people in every continent.

As a Senator, he said, he has been an active voice for those vulnerable and marginalised in society.

He said it was very sad that in trying to help a person he loved dearly, he made a human error.

Announcing the end of his Presidential campaign, Mr Norris said it had been a most wonderful experience despite the trauma and energy expended.

He said the Presidency of Ireland belonged to the people and not any party or sectional interest.

He said he has demonstrated that it is now possible to be a viable candidate for the highest office in the land.

The Senator said that at the beginning of his campaign he would fight exclusively on what he saw as his strengths and what he could contribute to the welfare of the Irish people.

He said he believes that he has done so with the dignity and decorum that would be rightly expected of any Presidential candidate.

It had always been a principle of his not to yield control of his life or his principles to others.
Mr Norris said the recent frenzy threatened to erode that principle and it is now time for him to re-assert as far possible control of his life and destiny.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Aug 11 16:11
http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0802/norris_statement.html
By:
Newmanix
When: 02 Aug 11 16:24
good riddins to him[:o]
By:
TradeFair
When: 02 Aug 11 16:46
5/6 Michael D Higgins

God bless us and save us all if this idiot is elected.
By:
workrider
When: 02 Aug 11 16:50
reb.. i dont like michael d either ....his voice drives me up the wall ....i dont like his "i am the most humble person on earth attitude   " ...
By:
worple12
When: 02 Aug 11 16:51
Thank God our proud nation has been spared the catastrophe of his election.
By:
workrider
When: 02 Aug 11 16:53
claimingseven ...i seem to be meeting a  of hetrophobic's lately ....Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 02 Aug 11 16:53
lot....
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 02 Aug 11 16:57
Norris is no vile cretin like some of your are putting across. He is quite a charasmatic person and certainly different from the normal politicians.

However he has got this whole thing completely wrong. He should have came out with this stuff straight away and get all the skeletons out of the closet.

May i ask all the same people that are jumping on the Norris bandwagon would like to give a Opinion on "A Mhic Bhig na gCleas" (Little Lad of the Tricks) by Patrick Pearse.
By:
claimingseven
When: 02 Aug 11 17:21
Workrider i am 100% hetrosexual, i just have an open mind and respect others preferences.
We are living in 2011 afterall.

It is now long odds on that this will be the most boring election in the history of elections.
By:
Newmanix
When: 02 Aug 11 17:22
I still think a Gay will win it.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 02 Aug 11 17:25
John Mulholland bookie on twitter Laugh

JMulhollandBet
No doubt a certain bookie will stoop with the don't take it up the Aras. Money back to #Norris backers. We wouldn't go that low thank god
By:
TradeFair
When: 02 Aug 11 17:26
I'm a homosexual and very proud of David Norris.
By:
Newmanix
When: 02 Aug 11 17:29
so we heard!
By:
workrider
When: 02 Aug 11 17:53
claimingseven ..just because its 2011 still dont make a bit of difference ...its what i belive to be right is what matters not what some weirdo in the media tells me is right...some of these would have you belive that everything they tell you is right....i also dont hold with same sex couples having children its simply not right imo...a child needs BOTH a mother and father ....not someone who THINKS they are a woman or man for that matter....
By:
spurs to buy big
When: 02 Aug 11 17:55
Norris had to go... no doubt ..but the large crusty christian fundamentalist faction on the irish forum despise all aternative lifestyles and were dissing David simply because he was gay
By:
workrider
When: 02 Aug 11 18:05
spurs....i am not christian fundamenalist .... i'm r.c. but i attend  c.o.i. services ..i also have high regard for most religions..all  religions tell us that homosexuality is wrong ..thats right ALL of them ..so its not an irish thing ....i firmly belive its wrong but i dont think that they should be blamed for what they are ...i dont like eating bad meat either ...but i'm sure you'll find something wrong with that as well..i think the amount of gays in the media have successfully shifted peoples opinions of homosexuality....
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com