Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TradeFair
29 Jul 11 00:01
| Topic/replies: 933 | Blogger: TradeFair's blog
Have to put my hands up here. Apologies to anyone who took the 18/1 Obligation. I was going to put him in 10/1 but changed by mind and decided on 8/1. Unfortunately I never deleted the digit "one" and it went up on the website as 18/1 at 17.28. After getting filled in our liability trigger system automatically went 11/1 at 19.03. It was only at 19.21that  one of my colleagues realised the mistake. All bets placed before 19.21 will come under the palpable error rule and will be settled at the correct price of 8/1. Customers will also have the option to void the bet.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 133
By:
Temlett
When: 29 Jul 11 00:18
You said it yourself in the title.

It was a rick, not a palpable error.

The error was realised when other odds compilers put it in shorter.
By:
benny_ROBS_roy
When: 29 Jul 11 00:23
a dirty shower
By:
TradeFair
When: 29 Jul 11 00:27
It was a typo not a rick. How could anyone put him in 18/1. He is an Aiden O'Brien trained, lightly raced 3yo running off 98 in his first handicap and has the box draw. He has run prominently a number of his races and that style will suit ideally here. If he gets the trip he goes very close. The only reason I considered going 10/1 was the stamina doubts. He is at least 10lbs well in.
By:
Temlett
When: 29 Jul 11 00:40
Can you please point me in the direction of the next horse that you consider at least 10lbs well in and that you are considering putting in at 10/1? I would agree that unless a horse is at least a stone well in, it should never be any shorter than 7/1 or so.
By:
TradeFair
When: 29 Jul 11 00:43
Sorry, I'm just so tired from Galway this week. I meant to say he was at least 6 or maybe 8lbs well in.
By:
lustrumm
When: 29 Jul 11 00:45
Anyone that backed that at 18/1 will not only be voided but will get their account clamped as well. The double whammy
By:
TradeFair
When: 29 Jul 11 01:03
William Hill on their own now at 6/1. Unlikely to that price in many places tomorrow. This could be the best backed horse of the day tomorrow. I think he will win tomorrow and than go for the Ebor.
By:
Temlett
When: 29 Jul 11 01:05
Go to bed.

It is not even in the Ebor.
By:
Anywherebutcheltenham
When: 29 Jul 11 01:12
The story posted above doesn't make any sense.
Dawariya was put in by Hills at 11/1, 6/1 or 7/1 elsewhere.
Galileo's Daughter was put in by Hills at 7/1, 16/1 in spoils.
Cnocandancer was put in by Hills at 16/1, 8/1 or 9/1 elsewhere.

Just a quick look at oddschecker show Hills have adjusted prices of 14 of the 18 runners already.
What actually happened?
By:
TradeFair
When: 29 Jul 11 01:25
The other compiler re-priced the whole race not realising I had made a typo on Obligation's price. I was betting to 131% with the 18/1 included but 137% with the correct price of 8/1 for Obligation. The other compiler just re-priced it from scratch to the current book of 139%.
By:
Anywherebutcheltenham
When: 29 Jul 11 01:36
All the prices I listed were in the original show.

You must have priced the race incorrectly, or made numerous typos, or you are spinning a yarn.
By:
TradeFair
When: 29 Jul 11 01:39
Yes they were but like I said Obligation was the only incorrect price. I was happy to lay the prices you mention at the time of pricing it earlier today. I was betting to 137% and the book is now 140% after trimming Obligation to 6/1.
By:
punkha1
When: 29 Jul 11 02:21
Nothing about the above but why did you deny some many times that you worked for WH?
By:
squigs
When: 29 Jul 11 09:02
It's a simple mistake to make but imagine dear old Johnny Ward had made such an error, Trade fair would have been all over it for the next 3 months or so.
By:
jasonk178.
When: 29 Jul 11 09:50
tradefair you or anybody else at hills would not know whether a horse should be 8/1,18/1 or 180/1.i dont believe you that this was a typo,this is what happens when you clowns try to price up early!! and the way you have been undercutting every other firms price changes at galway is nothing short of disgraceful.
By:
slickster
When: 29 Jul 11 10:24
the clown seems happy and proud to be going 140%!!! obviously no clue about how the betting game should work. this fool should try betting to 100% then trim a LITTLE. idiot would **ss in his pants. wouldn't last a minute with me.
a college geek wannabe (NAP).
By:
Temlett
When: 29 Jul 11 11:11
Spot on jason.

This was not a typo. It was a clueless compiler and they are now hiding behind the palpable error rule, which in no way should be allowed here. The prices were only changed when other firms priced up the race and they realised that they had got it wrong.
By:
trooper thornton
When: 29 Jul 11 13:01
If Billys do employ him the fact that he has got into a discussion on here about it shows his naivety  I don’t think  that will go down to well with his employers i would suggest he gets it removed for the sake of his employment
By:
slickster
When: 29 Jul 11 13:20
TradeFair... a name concocted with tongue in cheek no doubt.
doubt this guy would be allowed to make the tea. probably doesn't work for the fools anyway. seems unemployable...
By:
observerirl
When: 29 Jul 11 16:10
Tradefair you got some neck coming on here to try and explain yourself and your firm. Surely in this day and age all prices are checked by another compiler before going public? Secondly if you are tired after only four days of Galway maybe you should consider an alternative career
By:
lustrumm
When: 29 Jul 11 18:41
How many accounts did ye manage to get closed out of this tradefair?
A good way to flush out the sharpies even if it was a genuine error.
By:
hammy
When: 29 Jul 11 18:47
I wonder how much they laid of the 18/1 anyway?Did anyone see Tony Kenny being interviewed on ATR yesterday.It looks like he gave it a good lash for the week,and forgot to pack his razor.
By:
jasonk178.
When: 29 Jul 11 19:00
saw an interview on rte where he looked totaly clueless in comparrison to the well informed hayley o'connor.wudnt be surprised if he was tradefair!! llf
By:
TradeFair
When: 30 Jul 11 14:18
Lads the horse was beaten so it doesn't matter whether they got the 18/1 or 4/1. I think the way the horse ran proves I was right to put it in at 10/1 originally.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 30 Jul 11 14:20
Plain hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"I don't work for William Hills"

now

"I'm compiling odds on horse racing"

i just don't know what to belive Confused
By:
TradeFair
When: 30 Jul 11 14:24
Funny how people were beating me over the head for denying it and are now beating me over the head for admitting it. I'm starting to think people just have an agenda against me and automatically take the opposite view no matter what I post.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 30 Jul 11 14:26
I never beat you over the head, i asked you politely did you work for them on another thread when people where saying you did. You told me no you had nothing what so ever to do with William Hills, i believed you and left it at that. Now you are claiming to be an odds compiler with them, as i said i don't know what to believe
By:
TradeFair
When: 30 Jul 11 14:29
You are of course correct. I don't work for Hills but as everyone on the forum wants to believe I work for them I decided i would give them what they want. If you can't beat them, join them.
By:
Temlett
When: 30 Jul 11 14:31
You are quite simply pathetic.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 30 Jul 11 14:32
I never said you don't work for them, you may do you may not, i have no idea if you do, all i said was i don't know what to believe as you have previously said you don't and now claimed you do

simples
By:
TradeFair
When: 30 Jul 11 14:32
What did I do now?
By:
TradeFair
When: 30 Jul 11 14:36
It was 'Win Only SP Only' who started this nonsense that I work for Hills. It's not my fault that the majority of the forum fell for it. I never have and never will work in the industry again. I gave up the racecourse years ago after I knocked the whole ring after a bad day at HQ. Some may know who I am but chances are I'm long forgotten.
By:
Rowley Mile
When: 30 Jul 11 21:23
'Some may know who I am but chances are I'm long forgotten'

Unfortunately, you're quite fresh in some people's heads on 'ere !
By:
TradeFair
When: 30 Jul 11 21:25
Did I ever give you back that pony?
By:
steeringjobnap
When: 01 Aug 11 20:34
Lads the horse was beaten so it doesn't matter whether they got the 18/1 or 4/1.

An absolutely incredible comment from some-one claiming to be a compiler.

FFS, would you lay me 1.05 that tomorrow isn't a Bank Holiday??
By:
TradeFair
When: 01 Aug 11 20:36
You number crunchers get caught up in this whole value bubble. The horse got beat. I'd love a William Hill shop full of the like of you.
By:
steeringjobnap
When: 01 Aug 11 20:39
Like the shop in Ballybricken?

Bit the dust with an attitude like that, boy...
By:
TradeFair
When: 01 Aug 11 20:41
It's not an attitude it's a personal mantra...
By:
steeringjobnap
When: 01 Aug 11 20:46
Ok then boy.

Riddle me this:-

the following question was regularly posed to odds' compiling job interviewees in the UK in the 1980's.

In a 3 runner race between Cram, Coe & Ovett, how would you price each of the three up?

Interested to know your thoughts...
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com