Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1426 comments are related to the topic:
*** IRISH SPORTS FORUM SUMMER TIPPING COMPETITION 2011***

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 36  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,426
By:
clkc
When: 25 Jun 11 18:12
if you for some mad reason decide to open a betting office let me know asap i will punt with you all day in every race as long as you use those betting terms,looking forward to it silvergreaser
By:
downallstar
When: 25 Jun 11 19:11
Just ignore silvergreaser, clearly a gobshyte.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 25 Jun 11 19:31
What bookmaker ever deducted the losing win stake of a bet from the winning place part of a bet????????????, if the horse loses but finishes 2nd the win stake has dissolved, vanished disappeared!!!, you now have your place stake on at whatever the place odds are, either one 1/5th or one 1/4 the odds, bookmaker pays you plus your place stake is returned, mp is deducting the win and place stake if the horse doesn't win.
I'll tell you one thing moneypenny wouldn't have too many customers if he conducted his bookmaking business like that.
Sorry moneypenny that this trivial matter has for some reason turned into a bit of an ordeal?.

I know for a fact downallstar its not me who's the gob****, I find it astonishing that so many can't grasp what is staring them in the face.
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 19:38
Before i post the table silvergreaser ill ask you a couple of questions and hopefully it will help clarify the matter for you.

If you have a euro each way on a horse how much does it cost

If it places how much do you get paid

The difference between what it costs and what you are paid is your profit
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 19:39
Leaderboard Day 1    Total
Ilikewavingatbuses*    43.00
Moneypenny*    18.00
Silvergreaser    12.25
Tony Fenton    10.25
Santry*    9.73
Reimerpysatnaf    9.25
Workrider*    9.00
Dan Chipowski    7.50
Lapsy Pa    6.50
Thefly10    4.00
Gant007    1.25
3winnersandasecond    1.00
BJG    0.20
Fookitanyway    0.20
Monte Christo    0.00
Izita-Monstar*    -1.00
Swinia*    -1.75
Royal Academy    -2.00
Pbunter    -3.00
Irish_guy_13    -4.00
Dkelly69    -4.00
Sinndar01    -4.00
Soapp    -4.00
Sligored    -4.00
Giant Strides    -4.00
Clkc*    -5.00
Downallstar*    -6.00
Onelastchance*    -7.00
Catchmeifyoucan*    -7.00
General Idea*    -7.00
* Denotes first 5ptr used
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 19:41
I dont know why the table function wont work for me BJG. May be something to do with my dinosoaur of a laptopLaughLaugh
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 19:42
congrats to ilwab for ruining my moment in the sun. hes lucky i dont disqualify himLaughLaugh
By:
Giant Strides
When: 25 Jun 11 19:48
Motion to stop all changes of mind being allowed. Approved! Silly
By:
silvergreaser
When: 25 Jun 11 19:50
mp, take negotiate last night, 2nd 8/1, right your paying a 1/4 odds for the competition, if I backed it in a bookmakers i would have got €3 returned 2/1 for the place and my euro back, right you're not including the stake because the stake is fictitious for the competition, so my points for the compo should have been 2 not 1.

The bet might have cost €2 quid in total but you're actually placing two separate bets the win part of the bet has no bearing on the place part of the bet whatsoever, you deducted both the win and the place stake from the bet, not possible just doesn't happen?.
If the horse won you would have deducted one from the win and one from the place which would have meant 8+2 =10
By:
lapsy pa
When: 25 Jun 11 20:03
Silvergreaser on 1st page rule 7 says stakes not returned so happens to all. Well done all with future generation today.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 25 Jun 11 20:15
lapsy I didn't get my stake returned?, 2 points which should have been my total for the place part of negotiate does not include the stake its just the place odds of 2/1, if I got my stake back it would have been 3 points?.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 25 Jun 11 20:41
Why do you think they should be counted as separate bets silvergreaser!?
I`m baffled as to how you think the win part of the bet should be returned, IF THE HORSE LOSES! 
If I were you mate. I`d let it go. You`re wrong.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 25 Jun 11 20:54
Silver i had 10/1 placed today, got one and a half points added to yesterdays total not 3 and a half points because stakes taken off as stated before on first page so 10,s at a quarter is 5/2 thats 3.5 return less 1 from win and one from place = 1.5 correct. Its just the particular rules from the comp rather than dealing with the bookies.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 25 Jun 11 21:03
look nobody is gaining an advantage anyway and as I've said its only a bit of fun, but somehow I'm not making myself clear for some strange reason?.
Giant Strides I'm not asking for the win part of the bet to be returned just asking for the right place odds ie 2/1 for a place two points?, that I got one point meant that moneypenny deducted both the win stake and the place stake from the place part of the bet, the win stake can only be deducted from the win part of the bet which is what I found odd and why I queried in the first place.
By:
dkelly69
When: 25 Jun 11 21:04
350 5ptr Seville
By:
silvergreaser
When: 25 Jun 11 21:23
Giant strides take for instance I had 1 pt ew future generation today, moneypenny gave me 9 points for the win and 2.25 (9/4) for the place which is spot on, he didn't include the stake, now can you explain to me why I only got 1 point yesterday for an 8/1 place (2/1) which should be 2 points?, for some reason moneypenny deducts the win stake from the place if the horse doesn't win?.
Fair enough if thats the way it is, because its good for the goose.... but it does seem to be more hassle than its worth and a little confusing, because its completely against the grain as to how each way bets work.
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 21:27
Ill  try explain myself one last time.

Place part of bet
I returned your full place winnings of 2 pts.8/1 @ 1/4 odds
I did not deduct your place stake, however stakes are not returned on winning bets so it is still +2.

[b]Win part of bet[/b]
I deducted the one pt you lost on the win part of your bet so thats -1pt

2pts - 1pt = 1 pt
By:
Giant Strides
When: 25 Jun 11 21:32
I think sg knows that you only win 1 point. But he is debating why you have the win part deducted when you don`t include it in a win bet.
Is that correct!?
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 21:38
I dont know GS, however what i do know is that the method im using to calculate pts awarded is mathematically 100% correct and is consistent with the way all tipping /naps competitions are run
By:
Giant Strides
When: 25 Jun 11 21:41
Well I`m not debating it, for once!!!
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 25 Jun 11 21:43
He's either thick as a plank or on a wind up. 5/6 the pair imo. Silly

Tell me this Mr Greaser, if you walked into a bookies with 2 quid in your pocket and had a quid e/w on an 8/1 shot who came 2nd, how much would you walk out with? (3 quid is the correct answer)

And how much in profit would you be? (1 quid in the correct answer).

Now shut up, good man.
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 21:53
1ptew Notable Graduate in the Derby tomoro
By:
silvergreaser
When: 25 Jun 11 21:55
How can anyone shut up when they're confronted with the above post,

If I was to take moneypenny's system I'd be minus one euro I did after all invest €2?, or is that a wind up dan my man?
By:
moneypenny
When: 25 Jun 11 22:06
I give upCry
We will have to agree to disagree
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 25 Jun 11 22:13
Me too Laugh

5pts win Tough as Nails - 2.10 Curragh
By:
3winnersandasecond
When: 25 Jun 11 22:31
Sharp minds on here....
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 25 Jun 11 23:00
Cool
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 25 Jun 11 23:24
4.30-  GIMLI´S ROCK    2pt

gl
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 26 Jun 11 00:29
3.10 artic 5pts
By:
clkc
When: 26 Jun 11 00:40
i like your post DAN but i think its 4/6 thick as a plank.
i get where this fool is coming from, but could you imagine giving this dude credit over the phone.
he rings up,has a 1er ew placed at 8/1 then wont pay for the win bet because it didnt win,if only this would work.
GREASER does your local bookie let you punt like that if so could you post his number here,and tell him to employ at least 50 people he is about to get swamped.
By:
clkc
When: 26 Jun 11 00:44
MP think you might have made a mistake with mine,i had 5 pts yesterday and 2 pts today would make it -7.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 26 Jun 11 08:30
I know the ones who are thick as planks and its not me, jesus I want to tear my hair out from the roots, your buddy dan chiponshoulderski actually made himself look foolish when I told him that if I was to back with moneypenny I'd be showing a point loss not a point profit.
Not one has the humility to admit they're wrong, some actually lowering themselves to petty abuse to cover up their own lack of knowledge.
Now one more time ew bets should be treated as two separate bets, 1 pt win and 1 pt place how hard is that to grasp?

Anyway 2 pts Elusive Award 5.30C

Good day I'm off to the match.
By:
3winnersandasecond
When: 26 Jun 11 09:15
silvergreaser Joined: 11 Feb 10
Replies: 882 26 Jun 11 08:30   

Not one has the humility to admit they're wrong,

Take a look in the mirror SG...

I'll try a go at explaining this...
1. The competition is based on....profit(WIN) and ....loss(LOSS)
2. You pick an 8/1 shot e.w. that's placed ie 1pt win and 1 pt place
3. The win bet is a loser ie you LOSE 1pt...that's -1
4. The place bet is a winner and MP gives you 1/4 odds. You WIN 2pts...that's +2 (NOT +3)
5. -1 + 2 = +1
6. How hard is that to grasp?....

You don't by any chance work for a bank???
By:
silvergreaser
When: 26 Jun 11 09:34
Jesus I'm not asking for +3, I was given +1 when it should have been +2, reason! moneypenny is deducting the full stake that is the win and place from the successful place part of the bet even though the win stake has absolutely nothing to do with the place part.

Spare me please!!!
By:
moneypenny
When: 26 Jun 11 09:37
Tis a pointless exercise trying to argue, if the man doesnt get it he doesnt get it.
Funny that this is the 5th or 6th competition ive done the scoring for and nobody's had a problem before. Also you would think the fact that everybody else is telling him he is wrong would make him realise that he is wrong. Its almost as frustrating as trying to explain something to a bookies cashier at this stage.Laugh

Clkc, your selection yesterday didnt run so there is no deduction
By:
workrider
When: 26 Jun 11 09:44
2pts win seville derby , thanks.
By:
sinndar001
When: 26 Jun 11 09:53
5pts Moonreach 2.40
[:p]
By:
Santry
When: 26 Jun 11 10:19
2 pts win Inxile 3.10
By:
Tony Fenton
When: 26 Jun 11 10:44
2.10 5pts win Lilbourne Lad

Tyvmmpglall
By:
downallstar
When: 26 Jun 11 11:07
Calling moneypenny!!!
Why was I given -5pts yesterday?
My selection didnt run as well as I expected, this rule is unfair!

LaughDevilLaugh
Page 4 of 36  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com