Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1426 comments are related to the topic:
*** IRISH SPORTS FORUM SUMMER TIPPING COMPETITION 2011***

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 36 of 36  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,426
By:
moneypenny
When: 01 Aug 11 12:34
soapp     27 Jun 11 18:17 
Mount Helicon 2 pts win 6 50

Moneypennny, I was talking to the betfair rep at the Curragh over the week-end. He said he would put up a prize fund as follows:

1st €100 2nd €50 3rd €25

Hiya Soapp, whats the story with getting the prizes paid out, do we need to contact someone in betfair or are you sorting this out.
By:
TradeFair
When: 01 Aug 11 18:30
I didn't know there was prizes. I was happy to play for pride.
By:
GANT007
When: 01 Aug 11 18:35
Well done moneypenny.
By:
TradeFair
When: 01 Aug 11 18:43
Santry
Date Joined:     27 Aug 05
Add contact | Send message
31 Jul 11 20:14 Joined: 27 Aug 05 | Topic/replies: 477 | Blogger: Santry's blog
Well done MP for both your sterling efforts on the organisation and on the win . Well deserved. Well done Tradefair-were did the inspiration come from for that one today. Looking at the final table its clear the bookies wont get rich off some of us. Roll on the next one.

Going into Galway I knew at the start of the week I needed a big price winner to have any chance of winning. I said in a post during the week that I would like to finish in profit but it would not be playing the game not to try to win. My picks in Galway were all what i thought were lively outsiders. The closet I got was Celtic Dane who ran well above his odds of 25/1 to finish 5th.

Yesterday, I started with the first race and noticed the 100/1 had been taken with a few firms. A beginners chase with a horse priced on it's connections and a bit of money for it - sounds good. Chances were it was going to be a trier at the very least. It was similar to the big priced horse I found two weeks ago when Jimmy Coogan's Slim Chance (2yo filly) was a market mover in the morning but obliged at 10/1. Purely priced up on connections. I bet connections filled their boots in that race too.

To sum up it was just top class guessing on my part Laugh
By:
moneypenny
When: 01 Aug 11 18:44
Well done on the 33/1 winner yesterday Tradefair. Sure for that alone you deserve a prize Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 01 Aug 11 18:57
money penny if its o.k. with everyone on here i'd like to sponsor the n.h. tipping comp to the same prize fund ....to thank you , and all the lads who seemed to have really enjoyed it...let me know if thats o.k. thanks...
By:
TradeFair
When: 01 Aug 11 19:02
It's the real acid test of forum members Workrider. I'd like the ram the final table down the throats of a few people on here who are always suggesting I come on here fishing for information so I can shorten fancied horses.
By:
neill d
When: 01 Aug 11 19:05
Well done lads, great show all round, competition structure wise - best bit of organisation from a group of Irish people ever probablyLaugh

Christy Cooney, Brian Kavanagh and John Delaney should watch out for moneypenny
By:
moneypenny
When: 01 Aug 11 19:10
Jaysus WR I have no objection to your suggestion, Betfair usually sponsor the prizes but thats a very generous gesture.
By:
workrider
When: 01 Aug 11 19:22
no prob moneypenny...its always nice to be able to give a little back....
By:
workrider
When: 01 Aug 11 19:23
tradefair ..sometimes on here its best to close your eyes and ears...as i have to do now and again....Laugh
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 01 Aug 11 19:24
A very generous gesture, Workrider.
By:
workrider
When: 01 Aug 11 19:27
i'm sure you'll be right up there trying to take my money dan.....Laugh
By:
TradeFair
When: 01 Aug 11 19:28
29 people went the distance. Shows you the interest in the competition.
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 02 Aug 11 14:45
wd lads was a bit of craic!!

wd top 3 and esp MP, thanks for doing all the donkey work and proving in the end youre no donkey.

looking forward to the next one!

cheers!
By:
General Idea
When: 02 Aug 11 14:57
Well done lads, especially MP for the win and all your work. Looking forward to the next one! Cool
By:
soapp
When: 02 Aug 11 18:26
moneypenny I expect to see the betfair rep at the Curragh next Sunday. So hopefully the money will be transferred into the winning accounts within the next week.

Well done on both winning and organising the competition. 

You usually begin the Winter competition around the first Navan meeting in November up to the date of the MCR meeting at Leopardstown in early January.
By:
moneypenny
When: 02 Aug 11 20:29
Cheers Soapp, I think last year we ran it from the MCR meeting to Cheltenham but I think we ran it on the dates you said in previous years
Anyway as I have said earlier I enjoy doing the scoring and whenever lads want to start the next one I will be available.
By:
soapp
When: 08 Aug 11 17:11
moneypenny, email barry.orr@betfair.com with details of the user names who came 1st 2nd and 3rd along with the details of the prizes due to them.

He will look after the prizes once you do that. I was chatting to him at the Curragh yesterday.

Looking forward to getting down to your neck of the woods next Sunday for my annual visit to Tramore. Anywhere decent where one might get a decent bit of pub grub in the city before heading out to the races.
By:
moneypenny
When: 08 Aug 11 22:43
Cheers Soapp , will do
By:
moneypenny
When: 09 Aug 11 18:46
I got an automated email response telling me that Barry is on hols til next week so hopefully prizes will be sorted next week lads.

Sorry soapp , I missed the second part of your mail. I wouldnt go out for pub lunch too often, but a few of the hotels on the Quay, the Granville, Dooleys or the Tower do a decent Sunday Carvery in my experience.
By:
moneypenny
When: 10 Aug 11 01:57
Got a reply from Barry tonight, fair play to him.
Accounts should be credited this week lads
By:
Tony Fenton
When: 10 Aug 11 10:47
Good work BF. Well done again mp thanks for organising it.
By:
moneypenny
When: 10 Aug 11 14:00
Downallstar and Tradefair, your accounts should be credited with prizes now. Mine has anyway Laugh
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 10 Aug 11 14:37
surely its a joke that workrider is giving the prizes for the next competition??????
By:
TradeFair
When: 10 Aug 11 15:52
Money is in my account. Great stuff lads and many thanks for running it. I look forward to the next one.
By:
soapp
When: 10 Aug 11 17:34
Thanks moneypenny for that advice
Page 36 of 36  •  Previous | 1 | ... | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo