Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
12 Jun 11 19:38
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
I know it is sacrilegious to say but i have not been impressed with either of So You Thinks runs on the Curragh.These reports about brilliant gallops should be taken with a pinch of salt,Ballydoyle have to keep the hype up as he is standing them millions.If he flops at Ascot or later on they will come up with some excuse and then refer to his brilliance on the gallops and his two Curragh victories to preserve his stud career.Australian middle distance horses are nothing like their sprinters,throw in the fact he has had a wind operation makes me think we have a great lay for Wednesdays Prince of Wales Stakes.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 88
By:
observerirl
When: 12 Jun 11 19:58
Fair play wmfb you can certainly get stuck in at those prices which are a lot more attractive than your Recital lays. Good luck
By:
Cupwinkcook
When: 12 Jun 11 20:05
all about dirty e/w rather than laying the fav
By:
squigs
When: 12 Jun 11 20:16
No need to be reliant on it's Irish form, on it's Australian form it should destroy the field in my opinion.
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 20:22
i think hes there to be gotten stuck into, a huge price at 1.5 i think. see with your eyes and that, you rightly say that hype doesnt make him a good horse, but obviously it doesnt make him a bad horse either. i personally dont see what wasnt to like about his first to runs, and i think that laying him is up there with the worst 2/1 shots there will be this season. wmfb, do you honestly think 2/1 is a fair price about him being beat? im lumping on, already on but having more on on the day. what do u think will beat him? id say planteur is the only other horse in the race i could see winning, and at that id say its highly unlikely!
By:
GANT007
When: 12 Jun 11 20:22
I'd sooner lay Frankel than So You Think.........I think both will win and have doubled them.
By:
ko2
When: 12 Jun 11 20:25
a lot of bookies now going  1/4 1,2 ante post on that race so be careful who yee bet  with each way at the moment
By:
ko2
When: 12 Jun 11 20:27
ladbrokes are 1/4 1,2,3 but their odds are crap on the 2nd 3rd  and 4th in the betting
By:
observerirl
When: 12 Jun 11 20:30
The case for laying Frankel is stronger imo. SYT has won two egg n spoon races without being put under any degee of pressure and his scope is relatively unknown and at two's on I'd prefer to lay Frankel at 3's on. His performance and what looked like a supreme effort in the Gns could lead one to the conclusion that he may have burnt himself out. Of course it was an utterly outstanding display but there is a doubt that he can reproduce that performance so at the price he is one to lay imo.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Jun 11 20:33
The one good thing about being a layer is you dont have to nominate the winner,so while i respect Revedesivolas opinion i think we are going to stay in opposite camps on this one. So You Think was not visually impressive in his victories it was all about what Aiden OBrien was saying and if you were to go on the bare form you would say he cant win a group 1.
By:
ReimerpYsatnaf
When: 12 Jun 11 20:38
I thought he won both starts this year handy, he looked an absolute monster in Australia in his 2 cox plate wins and im off the opinion he could well be the best middle distance horse in the world.
It seems connections of Workforce are not very keen to take him off, firstly they said he could run in the Tattersalls Gold Cup until So You Think was entered so they swerved it and now they are swerving Royal Ascot
By:
RodneyHutchingsJNR
When: 12 Jun 11 20:38
Great horses quicken immediately,IMHO!
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Jun 11 20:41
The nonsense of Ryan Moore riding So You Think will come back to haunt them.
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 20:41
Laugh i know you dont have to pick the winner, but what im saying is there has to be at least one horse that turns up that will be able to beat him. i played around with laying for a little while when i began on bf, and the stupidest thing i used to do was lay bad horses, or badly treated horses at short prices. pointless of course if theres nothing to beat them. same applies here. ive backed syt for the arc, and i think for his royal ascot race the only thing in question is how farLaugh i dont think he will win on the bridle, but i do think that he will readily come clear. i wouldnt expect ryan moore will be getting a whip banLaugh  eitherLaugh
By:
neill d
When: 12 Jun 11 20:45
I'd rather back Planteur e/w at 7/2 than lay myself, if I was of the mind to be against SYT. Rewilding surely needs further.
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 20:46
Cry what exactly can ryan moore do when hes on workforce that will hinder so you think allowing that he knows syt? nothing... naiive in thinking one of the most shrewd racing operations in the world are giving rivals a boostCry
By:
observerirl
When: 12 Jun 11 20:48
Ryan Moore is surely one of the best jockeys in the world dont get your point wmfb.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Jun 11 20:51
If So You Think has a weakness like i think he has Moore will know all about it and he will exploit that weakness to Workforces benefit.
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 20:53
obs, he thinks that if ryan moore, or any other jocks know a ballydoyle horse well,and then are riding against it thats its of some benefit to them. i really dont see it myself
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 20:55
wmfb, thats a very general statement. make up a very specific weakness, and explain exactly how he could exploit it on workforce!
By:
observerirl
When: 12 Jun 11 20:57
See that angle guys but this horse is hardly a Recital or some quirky greyhound dont buy into that argument
By:
neill d
When: 12 Jun 11 20:58
TBf, he may have noticed that it seems to take SYT a few strides to hit top gear and he may take advantage of that by kicking early, however I don't think they will ever meet in any case, not befor the Arc anyway.
By:
yourlack
When: 12 Jun 11 21:00
They could very well meet in the eclipse. They have st nic for king george, maybe they will drop back for the sussex.
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 21:02
neill, anything that can be used against syt, or any horse, like taking a few strides to hit top gear is available for every jock in the world to see, even you and i infront of the fire at home on the tele. no riding required[:(]
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Jun 11 21:03
The most famous example i can give you is Sir Ivor.Lester Piggott rode him to victory in the 1968 Epsom Derby but knew he didnt really stay a mile and a half so when it came to the Irish Derby Liam Ward was now on Sir Ivor and Lester was on the stayer Ribero.Lester made it a test of stamina and Ribero easily beat Sir Ivor who started it 1/3 prompting Vincent OBrien to state...the great thing about having Lester Piggott riding for you is he is not riding against you.
By:
observerirl
When: 12 Jun 11 21:12
Great twist wmfb though if i recall LW had first call on the VOB horses at home at that time.In other words LP was'nt given a choice. Now the only game in town is KNOWING who RM would prefer to ride!!
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 21:14
pinning your hopes on ryan moore riding against an aob non stayer on a front runner[smiley:crazy]
By:
neill d
When: 12 Jun 11 21:19
Yeah I haven't really a strong oppinion on it tbh, I just thought thats what wmfb was maybe getting at.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Jun 11 21:21
Observerirl...Correct Liam Ward had first call on all Vincent OBriens horses when they ran in Ireland.
Revedesivola...That is only an example but have no doubt Moores allegiance is to Michael Stoute and he will examine So You Think thoroughly and if there is a chink he will tell his boss and they will use it against them.
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 21:25
u keep saying that, chinks etc[:x] we shall have to agree to disagree[:(]Laugh only advice il give u this month, dont lay syt!!!
By:
GANT007
When: 12 Jun 11 21:26
I wonder did Ryan give Stoute the heads up after the Curragh.......Workforce misses Royal Ascot.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Jun 11 21:30
It is also possible that Ryan Moore has been so impressed with So You Think that he has told Stoute not to bother taking him on.
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 21:30
scrap that advice. here goes. sell your house, or remortgage it. put everything on a treble, syt & frankel & mawsem in the 3.00 at sedgefield tmrw. collect ur money, buy the gaff back and spend you hundreds of thousands on hookers, whiskey and a personal assistant[;)]
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 21:31
wmfb, suits ryan, he gets to ride em both[:(]Laugh im sure hes not like that tho...
By:
observerirl
When: 12 Jun 11 21:35
Jaysus reve wouldnt waste money on the PA
By:
neill d
When: 12 Jun 11 21:35
Reve, I used to say something v similar to your second last post every Tuesday and Thursday night at about half 2 in the morning while leaving various Limerick nightspots.

What d **** I'm supposed to do now college is over I don't know. I don't have a house to remortgage though
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 21:38
Shocked no student loan to have on a "good thing" eitherCryLaugh
By:
neill d
When: 12 Jun 11 21:41
ya, I owe a small bit, but I can't give em what I don't have, I'll offer them a fiver a week, if William Fry end up having to pay out 700million on that ponzie scheme, the last 4 years may have been a complete waste of time in the context of getting a job in this country.

Boston is fine for a holiday, but you can only bet on the track over there.........Cry
By:
revedesivola
When: 12 Jun 11 21:43
Laugh lucky u werent in dubai! wats it they say, if you owe a million uve got a big problem, if you owe 20 million the bank has a big problem! i was rejected an application for 20 millionCry
By:
neill d
When: 12 Jun 11 21:49
Laugh the worry I have especially is that if I do have to leave to find a job, I don't know how I'd cope with it. Dublin would be grand I'd hope.

I was in Toulouse for six months, and my clerest memory is rushing home from work at breaktime to see one of Willie Mullins in a Novice Chase at Clonmel, think it was Apt Approach. I'd worry I'd be too much of a homebird tbh.

BTW I was rejected for an app for much less....Laugh
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com