Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 248 comments are related to the topic:
A Pattern developing in Ballydoyle gambles.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 248
By:
RoyalAcademy
When: 30 Apr 12 11:07
Hard to know the value of this original gamble: McCarthy in Saturday's Irish Field noted no more than a grand in recorded bets.

Are we ever going to get the breaking of omerta and maybe some of our bookie forum contributors will give a realistic appraisal of what went on?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 30 Apr 12 14:42
I think the bets he spoke of were the hedging bets of Chronicle and others,Magniers bet would not be revealed.I accept this is conjecture but my read is Magnier strikes the big bet and Chronicle are then left to use their own contacts to get rid of as much as possible,they are not above hedging with a off course as well as on course layers.
The biggest purple layer appears to be on the team,their no questions asked no premium charge suits,so am fairly sure thats where the huge drift on Nephrite came from.
By:
paddywhacker1970
When: 30 Apr 12 15:13
While there are undoubtedly big punters in the Coolmore/Ballydoyle camps, this thread reminds me of the sort of second guessing discussions that appear on the Horse Racing forum whenever Barney Curley has a runner. If they are backed and win, Barney has had it right off. If they are backed and get beat, Barney must have laid them. If they drift and get beat, it wasn't off a yard. If they drift and win, it was an SP job. One thing is for sure, the Coolmore/Ballydoyle lads get it wrong plenty of times too and rather than spending so much time trying to come up with a second guessing system to try and figure out what they may or may not fancy, would it not be better to spend the time studying form or paddock watching, which will reveal most of the reasons for the punts/drifts? This isn't a slaging post, people can do whatever they like and it makes for an interesting thread, but just an observation is all.
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 03 May 12 19:03
So guys,whats the analysis on offer Crazy
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 05 May 12 15:44
Look at Derrick Smith he looks like a Child.

Look at Magnier nowhere to be sighted. You can have all the money in the world but you cant buy class and Smith and Tabor are very classless people. Look at the way he nearly knocked over the lad bringing him in. Barely congradulated Joseph...

Say what you want about Magnier but he has a certain grace and class in everything he does regarding Horse Racing. The other duo could learn a lot from him.
By:
Allduckornodinner
When: 05 May 12 16:04
I don't see the attraction of it myself but leading in classic winners is probably one of the main reasons which attracted Smith into the fold in the first place. Wouldn't be too harsh in him if that's what he's into.

He could do with being a bit more gracious when trying to grab the lead rein though. Pat Keating saw him coming and tried to organize it so Smith could take hold of the horse but he still nearly knocked the stable lad out of the way. You'd think he'd have a bit more cop-on than that when it concerns a Montjeu colt walking behind them. Horse could have easily trod over one of them and caused a spill with all the people that were walking around him.

Great performance from the horse and coolness personified from Joey. Nice to see him keeping the faith in his own judgement and not panicking when still well off the pace. Derby looks at his mercy.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 07 May 12 14:44
Gamble on Triumphant!
By:
Tony Fenton
When: 07 May 12 14:50
gamble off
By:
OnTheSnaff
When: 09 May 12 15:55
FOS improved a lot from that run,who'd have thought it Wink