Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 248 comments are related to the topic:
A Pattern developing in Ballydoyle gambles.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 248
By:
silvergreaser
When: 01 Jun 11 18:31
"After" backed into a ridiculous 5/4 and was stuffed, sometimes I wonder who is backing these?, is it the yard or are the public like sheep and see a small move for one of O'Briens and they just follow the leader.

Interesting to see will Seamie Heffernan get a ban? for what was quite clearly careless riding, jumped out of the stalls and made a beeline for the rail and badly interfered with the runner inside him.
Probably not, because he rides for the untouchables?.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 01 Jun 11 18:37
What is Bolgers strike rate with 2yr olds so far with Manning on board. Must be something ridiclous
By:
BJG
When: 01 Jun 11 18:52
Bolgers 2yo's this season so far

-------WINS      RUNS      %      2NDS     3RDS      4THS      WIN PRIZE      TOTAL PRIZE      £1 STAKE
2YO     5     19     26     3     4     3     £48,775.87     £62,155.18     +17.00

Dunno how many of them KM was on or not though
By:
BJG
When: 01 Jun 11 18:52
Thats before today btw
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Jun 11 19:19
Agree with Silvergreaser about After,how he was 5/4 is a mystery to me.I thought he ran well enough at the Curragh over 6 furlongs but the drop back to 5 furlongs was never going to suit,however after that run hard to see her ever winning.
I didnt lay After because all my funds are tied up with Recital,that beast is costing me money before he disgraces himself in the Derby.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Jun 11 19:21
I used the word he in error twice but got it right the third time.
By:
dj876
When: 01 Jun 11 19:26
WILDMAN
I remember u telling me previously that a fault of yours was when u get someth negative in ur mind about a horse that u over lay them because u are concentrating solely on the negative point and maybe not taking into account the full picture ie the weakness of the race ,tho some of ur posts are prob a bit o tongue in cheek .
By:
soapp
When: 01 Jun 11 19:31
I had a text for one in the 8 30 bells and passed it on to the lads in the pub etc. I got one back from Kilkenny to get on Bolger's in the 5 30 15 minutes before the race.

Bad draw, but still got up. Nice one Manning. Grin

Sorry I can't pass on the one in the 8 30 lads otherwise I wouldn't get tips again as you will understand. It's not the fav by the way.
By:
workrider
When: 01 Jun 11 19:39
ok soapp i'll make it easy fr you ....just give us a number betewen 1 and 16.....Laugh
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Jun 11 19:47
dj876...You are correct i have gone all in on this one,i just cant see him winning.No tongue in cheek posts i call it as i see it and never mind the ridicule if i am wrong.
By:
dj876
When: 01 Jun 11 19:49
soapp
did her father win the derby in 2001??
By:
dj876
When: 01 Jun 11 19:56
I dunno wildman,I don't have a strong opinion on the race at all......did u see the kinda stable tour robert hall did with o'brien during guineas weekend,he said recital had a lot more natural ability than seville(now i know u have to try to read between the lines and take it all with a pinch of salt),I just think the race lacks any strength in depth....
By:
mightymoyes
When: 01 Jun 11 20:53
can you tell us the 8.30 one now soapp?!Silly
By:
Giant Strides
When: 01 Jun 11 22:01
Well they backed the 1st and 2nd in the last.
The winner didn`t lift a leg last day. 7/2 into 5/2. Never in doubt.
Wachmans 2nd string from 25s into 14s.
Getting very tedious.
By:
Mordin.
When: 01 Jun 11 22:47
Long Live The King last time out at Roscommon was very weak in the betting and ran "Soon mid-division, 7th and struggling approaching straight, kept on same pace under pressure from 2f out"

Tonight heavily backed 7/2 into 5/2F "Soon led and made virtually all, kept on well in straight, ridden and stayed on well inside final furlong.

Very disappointing cant trust the stable.
By:
jair1970
When: 01 Jun 11 23:04
That had all the hallmarks today and even some money for an unraced Wachman 3rd string Laugh

Born to be King:

Opens 7/2
Quickly into 10/3
Nothing else seemingly fancied
3/1 then holds
Back to 10/3 instantly cut back to 3/1 quickly to 11/4 then to 5/2
Holds.

Joseph bounces out (note weights for race 9st5 rather than 9st the last day, so no overweight) and makes all. Job done. Clearly come on for his run FTO Laugh

The clues are there nearly every time and the prices make them worth following.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 02 Jun 11 10:21
Well said Mordin.
Some would view it as sour grapes but I followed the stable almost blind for years, and to great profit. Now I can`t work them out for love nor money!
It`s also relevant to the upcoming weekends classics.
In the past I would fully presume that if they threw several darts at the board, then they knew they didn`t have an outstanding one/weren`t likely to win. But I`m not so sure now given this seasons exploits.
Whatever they back immediately preceding the races on Fri/Sat I expect to come home ahead of the others.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 09 Jun 11 17:53
Devotion in from 6/1 with Laddies this morning now into 2/1
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 09 Jun 11 18:58
Sing Softly 4s in the am sent off 7/4 and no show
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 09 Jun 11 19:10
Well backed and 2 blow outs....
I am happy or some reason maybe its the fact that even the guys in the know aren't really in the know
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 09 Jun 11 22:17
Devotion had all the hallmarks of the inside gamble,not a word during the day seems to be second string then backed at all rates,also up with the pace during the race.I was not there so presume they just got it wrong.
Sing Softly wants cut in the ground so astounding to me to see it backed.
By:
jair1970
When: 09 Jun 11 22:54
I wonder if the bookies are starting to play along with this now.

I think Sing Softly probably got backed by people who'd done their dough on O'Brien horses in the first two races.  Throw enough mud etc.
By:
workrider
When: 09 Jun 11 23:00
not knocking anyone but i think someone had a thread recently ..it could have been giant i'm not sure, saying really good thing about sing softly , sadly she ha never proved them imo...
By:
Giant Strides
When: 09 Jun 11 23:09
Correct wr. It was me. After she won her maiden at the Curragh.
She then won a listed race and was beaten a nose in the Nell Gwyn. She needs soft ground imo.
By:
Giant Strides
When: 09 Jun 11 23:10
But what the fook would I know!
By:
workrider
When: 10 Jun 11 11:30
like myself giant....Laugh
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 16 Jun 11 15:43
Quite a big one going on right now
By:
mightymoyes
When: 16 Jun 11 16:59
another one now
By:
Golden Fleece
When: 17 Jun 11 17:18
wildman read your comments bout professional punters a southern guy there initials mk a right little fcuker saw him with wilmott the other evening thought pw was shrewder than that
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 17 Jun 11 21:08
I dont know him personally but no one seems to have a bad word to say about him,also has a good reputation as a punter and his opinion is sought maybe thats why the Limerick man was interviewing him.
If you see Sidney Greenstreet in discussion with him then he really has made it.
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 22 Apr 12 15:59
nice gamble landed on requisition.
By:
Tony Fenton
When: 22 Apr 12 16:01
Fav not likey the ground iyo?
By:
Vubiant
When: 22 Apr 12 16:08
fav won on soft ...winner only run on good or better . Plain
By:
Tony Fenton
When: 22 Apr 12 16:11
Best of luck to the Chinese with this lot.
By:
punchestown
When: 22 Apr 12 16:12
That was odd to say the least,JAH rowing away for 4 furlongs and Joseph sitting with a double handful up the arse of a back marker.Don't see the logic of doing that today,connections are surely not in need of funds?
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 22 Apr 12 16:16
who knows who it is but that 2nd string was punted off the boards and the fav was ridden out the back, traded 1.1 and was never within 3 L of the lead.

make of that what u will.
By:
Newmanix
When: 22 Apr 12 16:24
waited til the final furlong, about 4 lengths down, without a perfect path. plain as the nose on your face!!!
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 22 Apr 12 17:45
Nephrite travelled brilliant and was quite keen. Horse did not get home in that ground. You see him in all the top 6f races this year where he will be very competitive.

Not a stick up job. Horse found nothing did not stay.
By:
punchestown
When: 22 Apr 12 18:11
ruby,Nephrite won on the same ground  and trip at Leopardstown from Born To Sea going away at the end of a race that was run at breakneck pace so why are they saying the horse is a sprinter all of a sudden?
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 22 Apr 12 18:34
I very much doubt that Soft Ground at the Curragh is equilvant to Yielding at Leapardstown. I say there was a massive difference in conditions.

Horse travelled like a dream and looked well. Didn't looked like he was not fit. He just found zilch. Either he has a problem or else he is a Sprinter. He was given too much too do but even if he sat off the pace in 2nd he still would not have won. He found nothing when Joseph went for him.

Loads of conspiracy theories going around but In this case the very costly requistion has his premium conditions and Nephrite just was not good enough on the day. The fact that the money came for the 2nd horse is not because Coolmore were having it off(prob the stable lads were the main benefactors) but also very wise punters who know from previous years what has happened with the stable.

Its not like Nephrite was a massive drifter he was 1/3 out to 4/9. Tough of Nail was the big difter so money came for the proven front runner. I say some of the bigger Coolmore Players had there fingers burnt on Nephrite. They been very disappointed with that display.
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com