Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
TradeFair
01 Apr 11 15:34
| Topic/replies: 14,925 | Blogger: TradeFair's blog
I've a pain in my bollocks from reading this man's opinion. He has been involved in racing for no more than 4/5 years and is now broadcasting his views to a mass audience as fact.

Example: Dundal 6.30:

VERDICT A fascinating contest in that a slowly run 5f is not going to suit any of these, with the possible exception of Calm Bay. If Pat Smullen can get him to settle, he might just have the toe for these.

Like for God's sake how can he assume it's going to be a slow pace? Why is there so many sound judges out there who could give a good opinion and we have to endure this joker?
Pause Switch to Standard View Johnny Ward - Spotlight
Show More
Report workrider April 1, 2011 6:35 PM BST
i think he was proved right there...slow run race ...fav went from crusing to floundering in 2 strides ....
Report TradeFair April 1, 2011 6:37 PM BST
The Reaper

likes this surface but another who will want them to go fast in front
Report DistressedPostRace April 1, 2011 6:40 PM BST
even Quinmaster took a good pull!
Report donal April 1, 2011 7:59 PM BST
Not Johnny Ward's biggest fan either, but isn't it better that he is writing in the paper than some
ex-jockey or some trainers son/daughter, thats only there because of their surname!!
Its not about what qualifications or experience you have in Irish Racing its about who you are related too in most cases.
Report workrider April 1, 2011 7:59 PM BST
very true donal...
Report slickster April 1, 2011 9:13 PM BST
i listen to noone thank god. i'm so far  ahead it's not true... Grin
Report Elohim April 1, 2011 9:42 PM BST
tradefair - ****
Report grade 1 April 1, 2011 9:42 PM BST
The Stinger
Date Joined: 26 Oct 09
Add contact | Send message
When: 01 Apr 11 16:51
| Topic/replies: 20 | Blogger: The Stinger's blog
God be with the glory days of Go Native. I bought myself a suit in Louis Copeland with Go Native embroidered on the inside pocket from the proceeds of backing Go Native on TGM's advice.

Well done sir. Much better on the inside pocket than tatoo'd imo, but each to their own.Cool
Report JoelGarner April 1, 2011 9:44 PM BST
How did the race pan out?
Report paddywhacker1970 April 1, 2011 9:52 PM BST
Calm Bay went solid in front. The time compares well to the slightly lower class handicap that was also run at a solid pace.

Like others have said, whatever you think about JW, it was a pretty poor example of supposed lack of knowledge that the original poster pointed out.
Report Eddie Batt April 1, 2011 9:54 PM BST
I'd rather see JW do the exchange news on RTE as opposed to the foreigner who appears for the big meetings.Having said that I agree he is a journalist and not a racing expert.
Report JoelGarner April 1, 2011 10:02 PM BST
More importantly was I better than Curtley Ambrose?
Report workrider April 1, 2011 10:14 PM BST
slickster i listen to no one thank god i'm so far ahead its not true .. last 3 words the truest thing you ever said sicky...weathermen are the only ones to listen to ain't that right sicky......Laugh
Report Rowley Mile April 1, 2011 10:17 PM BST
'thickster' imo
Report Cupwinkcook April 1, 2011 10:19 PM BST
Curtley had more venom, Joel.

I haven't looked up the stats but I reckon he's ahead.

That said, the fact that you were in a stronger lineup meant that you had less opportunities.
Report workrider April 1, 2011 10:26 PM BST
very good rowley ... i must remember that one for the snowman ... he never answered my call wishing him and robo and littlewilly a happy birthday...Laugh
Report JoelGarner April 1, 2011 10:32 PM BST
My yorker was superb.
Report insideinfo April 1, 2011 10:51 PM BST
Tradefair in your 1534 post you refer to JW as a joker and then at 1813 you describe him as a fine journalist lol.Bit of backtracking going on when you realised no-one else was queueing up to stick the boot in! Atleast when he came on here he didnt hide who he was,unlike your goodself who wont admit you work for a firm.
Report JoelGarner April 1, 2011 11:14 PM BST
lol insideinfo.

Tradefair said he was a fine journalist. He never backtracked about JW as a spotlight writer.

Tony Morris is a fine journalist, but I would not like to see him sort out the Eider Chase.
Report paddywhacker1970 April 2, 2011 12:57 PM BST
Does the forum think Fleming and Sweetman did a better job today?
Report thegalwayman April 2, 2011 2:01 PM BST
...his Spotlight views are a joke and I can give you countless example if you want.

I'd be interested in these 'countless example' if you could point them out.
Report TradeFair April 2, 2011 3:59 PM BST
Friday night 5f race times

The Reaper    59.65
Celerina    59.53
Report Allduckornodinner April 2, 2011 6:29 PM BST
They are not spotlight examples but two recent gems from Johnny would be 1) Noble Prince is a dog and 2) Thousand Stars had no right to run in this years Champion Hurdle
Report Eddie Batt April 2, 2011 8:14 PM BST
What did he say about Sizing Europe in the Champion Chase.From memory he has been against the horse on his debut over fences,the Arkle and the Champion Chase.I'm sure he will get it right eventually.
Report thegalwayman April 2, 2011 8:22 PM BST
He repeatedly insisted that Sizing Europe had 'no chance' in the champion chase.
Report mitch leary April 2, 2011 8:38 PM BST
hes entitled to his opinion and ive nothing against him but to suggest the previous years arkle winner had no chance is a bit naive.
Report paddywhacker1970 April 3, 2011 9:14 AM BST
Not wanting to tear the ears off him, but I was at a Cheltenham preview last year and he tore up Sizing Europes chance in the Arkle, really bullishly.

He's back in action at Limerick today, I see.
Report moneypenny April 3, 2011 10:34 AM BST
Sizing Europe is proving an expensive horse to be consistently fielding against. Laugh
Report scoobyknows April 3, 2011 10:45 AM BST
He wouldnt hold Pat Keanes coat,but always worth a read!
Report workrider April 3, 2011 10:48 AM BST
tbh i also thought s.europe had no chance in the c/chase...his profile was all wrong apart from winning the arkle.. the hike up in distance in punchestown then down royal ..not exactly what you'd expect of the 2ml c/chaser imo...plus they thought he'd run a big one in the king george 3ml ....i'd be on johnny's side in that debate....
Report timberman April 3, 2011 10:48 AM BST
whats he giving at limerick today?
Report DistressedPostRace April 3, 2011 12:07 PM BST
he naps whats up gordon in lim
Report grade 1 April 3, 2011 5:57 PM BST
Good gaa spot today.
Report neill d April 3, 2011 10:43 PM BST
ya very good spot, I like his general betting knowledge
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR April 4, 2011 12:01 AM BST
Funnily enough one of JW's comments in that race at Dundalk really caught my attention and it wasnt the one referred to at the start of the thread . Regarding 'PARTNER' , he implied that the small field would be againt him as he was best suited by big fields. Now that may in the future transpire to be true but PARTNER in his career to date has only ever RUN in big fields ( all of his races bar one ( 9 runners )has had a field size in double digits )!
Report paddywhacker1970 April 4, 2011 8:46 AM BST
I notice in his post race analysis yesterday he descibed Unaccompanied as "the ultimate horse"...
Report Giant Strides April 4, 2011 10:29 PM BST
Strange comment that.
Anyway, he was confident about Dundalk tonight and they duly obliged.
I liked EMI when he was on here. He`s just a sports enthusiast in a privileged position imo.
I`ve no doubt he beats himself up when he tips a loser or gets egg on his face but he`s certainly not the worst of them.
Some of the fools the RP use are far worse. Check out their tennis tipsters. Truly awful.Cry
He`s a bit of an easy target because he used to post regularly and opinions were formed by many forumites.
Report Roger De Bris April 5, 2011 12:37 AM BST
Will Lattimore who works for ATR when Gary O'Brien is on holidays is one of the very best up and coming form judges in the country. His charity Nap at the Paddy Power Cheltenham Preview was Noble Prince at 10/1. He regularly bangs in winners at Dundalk when he's on the website. Anyone that spent 5 minutes listening to him talking at these previews will know Johnny Ward, Alan Sweetman, or anyone else for that matter, wouldnt stand a chance up against him.
Report irish_guy_13 April 5, 2011 2:16 AM BST
EMI is still here.
Report Rocketfingers April 5, 2011 10:08 AM BST
Have to agree with Giant very easy target, and there are far worst in the RP. Good tipster for the LOI EMI is, far me watching racing and RUK do it the while time they never commit to anything it's nearly like they are afraid to. At least Johnny has an opinion.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 5, 2011 11:02 AM BST
There is one thing we should learn from racing and that is humility because you will be wrong far more times than right.If you run through any journalists articles you will find a litany of bad calls but what do you expect no one is right all the time but give me a man with an opinion over a fence sitter.This forum is littered with people who never give an opinion but snipe at those who do.
Report steeringjobnap April 8, 2011 7:57 PM BST
so he's balls deep against SE in the QMCC when:-

- SE guaranteed to handle trip [Greatwood Hurdle winner 2007; and due to injury, the most
   likely winner of Katchit's 2008 CH];

- AND the track, as an Arkle winner [over further, admittedly]

- strong galloping style;

- jumps like a stag;

- run KS to within a couple of lengths over a distance that did not suit in November.

And he DIDN'T think the hoss had a better than 10% chance of winning the QMCC???...

Chuckles either:-

- doesn't understand value; OR

- backs "likely winners" over value; OR

- is a complete mug.

Either way, if he was tipping in my back-garden, I'd close all the windows.
Report Rocketfingers April 8, 2011 8:25 PM BST
Lads whats the problem he got one badly wrong ! So aare the people with a gripe saying they never lay a winner? Because basically that is what they are saying. Laughable stuff from most of you. Have any of you ever even won a race?
Report Temlett April 8, 2011 8:33 PM BST
How much further is the Arkle to the Champion Chase?
Report Rocketfingers April 8, 2011 8:45 PM BST
Exactly Temlett, There are people on here and they have no idea what they are talking about.
Report squigs April 9, 2011 12:02 AM BST
If certain people here knew so much they why follow him blindly. I'll read his column as he can spot value in my opinion, but I wouldn't back based only on his recommendation. When he posted on here he was a decent lad and knowledgeable. As someone said before he is a sport enthusiast in a privileged position and good luck to him
Report TradeFair April 9, 2011 1:00 AM BST
Anyone can spot value, in fact everyone mentions the word value in every preview of every race and betting market these days. It's the broadcaster/journalists way of saying I think this might win but I'm just guessing so I won't nail my colours to the mast and have an actual strong opinion. That way no one can say they got it wrong. How often do you hear people back a loser and console themselves my saying they got the value. Value is a comfort blanket for backing a loser you thought would win.

As for the points above can I just re-iterate that the main point of my opening post was in reference to the Racing Post's Spotlight, tissue and the analysis part of the results section of Irish racing that Johnny Ward covers and not in reference to the many other things he writes about. He is a jack of all trades betting wise but certainly no master of the most important role he has. The position deserves better.
Report TradeFair April 9, 2011 2:27 AM BST
DUNDALK ANALYSIS 08/04/2011

I've gone though them on the website. If that is what appears in the printed editiion tomorrow than someone needs sacking. There is numerous factual errors on there. This is a disgrace. For the record I have no idea who has written the analysis for the meeting so regardless of who it was it's a disgrace.
Report workrider April 9, 2011 9:34 AM BST
. just bought the r.p. for the first time in a while 2e 80c Shocked
Report steeringjobnap April 9, 2011 11:24 AM BST
Temlett - 4f.

Emptypocketfingers - welcome to my ignore list.
Report DistressedPostRace April 9, 2011 11:34 AM BST
are you taking the piss out of yourself steering?
Report Santry April 9, 2011 1:05 PM BST
Ive been betting a long time and its only in recent years this concept of "value"has come to the fore big time. For the life of me I dont know what they are on about.One persons good value is anothers bad value . Surely what matters in the game is how many winners/losers you get and whether you can keep your head above water doing so.On JW when he posted on here I felt he new his stuff and is a loss to the forum just like many other sound lads that no longer post. Seems a lot of the threads nowadays a populated by posters abusing one another.
Report yourbestmate April 9, 2011 2:34 PM BST
Good man steeringjob.

What a complete idiot you have made out of yourself.
Report Tony Fenton April 9, 2011 6:03 PM BST
A confusing thread all in all.
Report TradeFair April 9, 2011 7:50 PM BST
In what sense?
Report ricky butcher April 9, 2011 8:11 PM BST
EMI...who am I to judge but he has a decent knowledge of betting, seems a decent journalist too.

A lot of this here is just bitterness and jealously he's a young lad earning good money from the game and so people piss blood when he puts a foot wrong.

A professional gambler or somebody who is up year after year is by definition a value spotter. Value is everything.
Report Giant Strides April 10, 2011 8:34 AM BST
Value doesn`t feed the kids.
The concept is however more is more pronounced since the advent of exchanges. The ability of punters to "back to lay" a price that will look like "value" at some point during the event is the reason why the term has become so prevelant.
Report Giant Strides April 10, 2011 8:34 AM BST
prevalent
Report thegalwayman April 10, 2011 10:47 AM BST
I am still waiting for these 'countless example'.
Report TradeFair April 10, 2011 4:56 PM BST
thegalwayman - They're there every day he does the Spotlight or race anaylsis. I will post some if you want but I don't want to be accused of being wise after the event or after timing. I challenge anyone to read them and tell me he is a good enough judge of a race to give a sound preview and revivew in our trade paper. He simply is not and does writes nothing but top class guessing.

ricky butcher - You say he is a young lad etc etc. You're arguing my point for me. I have no problem with him writing for the Racing Post or any other paper and being on television. I have serious issues with him doing the analysis or Irish races which is the single most important part of the paper. If you have not seen a race you would like a very accurate reading of it when you read the results the following day or when reading up the form of a horse that ran in it. Johnny Ward is way out of his depth in this department.
Report Roger De Bris April 11, 2011 1:21 AM BST
People think pundits on tv in the newspapers are EXPERTS. With first hand knowledge of how these EXPERTS get their gigs, I can assure you it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. As it is with 99.9% of jobs in 2011. The good thing for gamblers who can spot mistakes straight away is they will get a bigger price on their horse with these incompetents in the sport, so all is not lost there.
Report TradeFair April 11, 2011 3:19 AM BST
e time I realised Johnny Ward was a joker was a bumper in Galway 28/08/2010. His 'Spotlight' in the Racing Post read something along the following lines: "Most racegoers will have left the course before this race has been run. A paticuraly poor renewal of..."

How dare he assume that he knows a good bumper from a bad bumper with his limited experience. Even if he could back up his statement, was it necessary to write it? On the day a massive gamble ensued on Accordingtojodie with everything that was available form 7/2 into an SP of 4/5 taken. The winner of the race (Accordingtojodie) was sold to Nick Henderson and the second Star Neuville finished 13/24 in the Champion Bumper! Johnny Ward, because he had no whisper in the race, had no research done or was capable of an insightful opinion on the race decided to brand it a as a bad race not worthy of punter remaining on course for.

It was a disgrace and his 'expertise' should be focused elsewhere in the paper because he is not respected by anyone that can read a horse race.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 11, 2011 10:35 AM BST
Trade Fair...How is it a disgrace to call a race wrong,he actually called it a poor renewal very small field,in racing you give loads of opinions and will be wrong more times than right so to trawl through his spotlights and find some bad calls what do you expect it seems to me unfair.
Report TradeFair April 11, 2011 5:54 PM BST
He said most racegoers would have left the course by the time the race was run. Why did he need to be so insulting to the connections of the nine horses originally engaged in the to race? The fact that he was completely wrong makes it even worse. The reality is he hadn't a clue about the strength of the race and was trying to be clever. Accordingtojodie was the biggest gamble of the day, was sold to Nicky Henderson yard and the 2nd ran in the Champion bumper. The Irish readers of the Racing Post deserve a higher standard of analysis of their races than him guessing and trying to be clever while doing it.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 11, 2011 6:06 PM BST
I was at the races that day and the concensus was a poor turnout for a Galway bumper,The two horses you mentioned were unraced and the form of those that had raced was dire,still think you are being harsh.
Report TradeFair April 11, 2011 6:13 PM BST
The general consensus on course was that Accordingtojodie had been seriously well supported in the early market. The two newcomers was an angle he could have used. Barry Connell running a horse that had won two points deserved respect. The fact that Mullins/Meade etc did not have a runner made it a "poor renewal". Is that not complete ignorance and have events (yes with hindsight) proved how grossly inaccurate his Spotlight Verdict was?
Report neill d April 11, 2011 6:19 PM BST
Who would be the more percepive mind that you'd put forward for the position Tradefair? not having a dig here btw, Its just that among the established Irish racing journalists, the only two that I can think of that have a flair for reading form are O'Brien and Lattimore. Pat Keane knows a bit,but I think its through inside info rather than form.(just my impression) I have to say though that I enjoy Wards general philosophy on how to gamble in general which I usually get around midweek in college, so dust has settled on the games and races he has tipped on I like his ideas. I don't see a Racing post every day, but I could see how his style might not translate as well to the daily grind of punting. Could he be an Irish Tom Segal?, Although I get the impression you feel he is useless.
Report neill d April 11, 2011 6:19 PM BST
general philosophy on how to gamble in general Cry
Report TradeFair April 11, 2011 6:49 PM BST
I honestly don't think he is any better or worse than some of the better judges on here or elsewhere in the game. Anyone can talk the gambling talk but few can follow through with it but that's a seperate point. I've no problem with the rest of articles whatsoever. It's like the other journalists/articles in the paper, you can choose to read or not read it. The race analysis in the results section is the most important part of the paper and is a MUST read. That's why I have a problem with him writing it. He's not good enough.
Report steeringjobnap April 11, 2011 7:56 PM BST
Rocketfingers Joined: 20 May 10
Replies: 1431 08 Apr 11 20:45   
Exactly Temlett, There are people on here and they have no idea what they are talking about.

Tis funny RF - you're weren't saying that when I fully answered your plea for an explanation
to football AH pricing on the General Betting forum last week.

Via a piece of primary school maths that a moderately numerate 10 y.o. could handle...
Report yourbestmate April 11, 2011 7:59 PM BST
Which Barry Connell horse won 2 points? I am assuming that this is simply a case of you not researching the horse's form correctly?

What has Accordingtojodie done since the race to suggest that he is good. He was primed for that race as he was in the shop window. He was a well supported favourite at Newbury and was beaten over 30 lengths. Not one of the horses that finished in front of him that day has managed to win a race since that contest.

Star Neuville would have to go down as the most overhyped bumper horse of the year (Mart Lane a close second)and is trained by a man that hypes up every half decent horse that he has had. He ran respectably in what at this stage looks a very poor renewal of the champion bumper. Previous to that he won a poor Leopardstown contest and was firmly put in his place at Naas.

One Fine Morning is the only other horse to win a race subsequently and the remaining horses have not hit the frame in subsequent outings.

This was not the worst bumper run this season by any means but it was crtainly not above average.
Report ko2 April 11, 2011 10:54 PM BST
jw has gone from novice punter trying to get job with paddy p on tv  programme  to one of the racing posts so called experts in a relatively short period of time, good luck to him he has got lucky but i would have some reservations like tradefair
Report Win only - Sp only April 12, 2011 12:55 PM BST
Johnny has the game by the absolute b0llox, as his 5 tips for successful punting on the flat the other day proved. He has opened my eyes to the mysterious phrase "draw bias" and his tip on getting a spoils account as they price up 2 races the night before was up there with Einstein's theory of relativity.
Report RoyalAcademy April 12, 2011 1:57 PM BST
JW doing a fine job and if his opinions create debate then so much the better.

I'd rather have a strong opinion from someone as it can help shape your own view. Famously remember a RP journalist (Newmarkey Corr I hazard)stating that if Distant View didn't win Champion Stakes then Barbados would be off his agenda that winter. He didn't and it was!
(and I missed Laughing Waters myself that year thatnk sto following teh same opinion).

I have to admit that I am truly shocked on occasion at how something relatively "innocent" and trivial can cause such bile and fanatical dislike of another individual doing his best in a difficult world. There are a few here with whom I'd rather not share a pint. If you are angry direct it into an area where you might do some good. Do you ever wonder about all these angry people we have and what they might be capable of?
Report DistressedPostRace April 12, 2011 2:20 PM BST
Spoilers were 10-1 well-fancied Weld runenr in Limerick last wk apparently!!!
Report DecDec. April 12, 2011 2:24 PM BST
I wonder why all those slating JW dn't have the job themselves? Is it because they're not wanted? I think so.
Report grade 1 April 12, 2011 2:32 PM BST
The race analysis in the results section is the most important part of the paper and is a MUST read.

Race reruns are freely viewable on either ATR or Sporting Life. If you dont like JW analysis DYOR.
Report TradeFair April 12, 2011 4:29 PM BST
yourbestmate - Yes badly researched. I should have double checked before I posted. You're fully entitled to knock the form of the race and call it nothing better than an average bumper if that's your view. I might not necassairly agree but that's just my opinion. You have still have not addressed my main gripe that they're were a few interesting angles he could have used his Spotlight Verdict to raise. Instead he decided to have a sarcastic couple of lines degrading the race and suggesting most people would have left the course due to it's quality. Was that fair and or proffessional?

RoyalAcademy - There is a difference being having a strong opinion and not having much of a clue and guessing in a strongly worded way.

DecDec - This is not about anyone wanting or not wanting the job.

grade 1 - Thanks but I'm well aware there is video replays available.
Report Mr Mischief April 12, 2011 4:32 PM BST
Think a lot of you are missing the OPs point, that JW simply isn't up to the position of RPs race analyst. Much as I enjoy his feature articles and appreciate some of his 'spots', I think TradeFair is 100% right
Report tobywong. April 12, 2011 6:26 PM BST
I agree too , I have nothing personal against the lad and wish him well but my rp subscription finished upon his name arriving under spotlights , as I believe to have at least as good a race reading ability myself so saw no need to pay for it . As I said , nothing personal, he was a good poster on here.
Report kavvie April 12, 2011 7:31 PM BST
im backing horses 30 yr and id value jws opinion.he has a real flair for spotting things and is very perceptive.his sunday indo sports betting column shows this..this game is all about opinions.....and his is worth listening to regardless of his age..too many tipsters and columnists are boring and repetitive..hes a breath of fresh air..
Report neill d April 12, 2011 8:08 PM BST
I'd agree with all of that kavvie
Report steeringjobnap April 12, 2011 8:12 PM BST
plenty of JW backers & layers on this thread
Report RoyalAcademy April 13, 2011 12:30 PM BST
If I believed half the opinions here that are anti-JW I cannot see the logic of posting such views.

You form a view on a particular race and JW or any other professional racing journalist disagrees with you, I say its time to rejoice-your price is made! Take an opposite view to Pricewise and I guarantee you'll get the morning price with a little interest!

As far as I'm concerned this game is all about the contrarian (not the nay-saying poster-type) approach and why look for someone to reinforce your opinion if you believe in your own ability?
Report Tony Fenton April 13, 2011 12:39 PM BST
It's all about opinions as one might say.

[:)]

PS Nice Shakhtar lay DNB last night.
Report DistressedPostRace April 13, 2011 1:22 PM BST
he is defo under the 'spotlight' now...
one way or the other we should remember RP did not have proper spotlights for Irish racing till last yr - they were long overdue
Report redbait April 24, 2011 12:46 PM BST
First race at Fairyhouse.

"Sicilian Secret is probably opposable at his likely odds and BRAVELY FOUGHT can find the requisite improvement from his sole hurdling outing to beat him."

Bravely Fought has run three times over hurdles
Report TradeFair April 24, 2011 8:02 PM BST
From the Dundalk analysis a few weeks ago:

Tashqeel had the form to win this and was disappointing. After breaking well from her outside stall, she was never fully settled in the early stages and might have liked a bit more cover. But when asked to make her effort in the straight, the response was minimal. He´ll have to learn to settle better to shed his maiden tag.

Tashqeel is a colt.

When Not Iff was one of the most visually impressive winners at last year´s Galway festival when running away with a 7f maiden and ran a decent race on her reappearance. She secured a soft lead but when the going got tough inside the final furlong she folded into fourth. She is sure to come on for the run

She made her reappearance at the Curragh on the opening day of the season
Report ko2 April 24, 2011 9:53 PM BST
irish national, quantitativeeasing now trained by jonjo apparently-- sloppy
Report Giant Strides April 24, 2011 10:00 PM BST
Are you sure that`s not soapps analysis Tradefair?
Report TradeFair April 24, 2011 10:02 PM BST
Wo is Soaaps?
Report Giant Strides April 24, 2011 10:12 PM BST
Nevermind!
Report TradeFair April 24, 2011 10:20 PM BST
One of the biggest Irish races of the year and the Racing Post Spotlight writer Johnny Ward does not know who trains the third favourite Quantitativeeasing. Regardless of what opinion you might hold on the man my point has been proved for all to see. He is not worthy of the job and the Racing Post readers and subscribers deserve better.
Report Roger De Bris April 25, 2011 12:13 PM BST
correct.
Report Giant Strides April 28, 2011 10:04 AM BST
Yesterday evening at Kempton the RP spotlight writer claimed that Hot Spark in the 8.50 had been beaten on his ONLY previous AW outing. It was in fact his 3rd and he was also a beaten fav on his previous time.
I`m sure there`s plenty more examples of poor research printed in the paper every day.
Report redbait April 28, 2011 10:12 AM BST
From what I can see, the quality of analysis/preview gets notably worse during the summer months, as there is so much more racing that they have to draft in writers that they wouldn't otherwise use to get everything covered.
Report TradeFair July 3, 2011 5:34 PM BST
ttt - Two howlers have been pointed out. Shame not to have it on the one thread as a point of record.
Report TradeFair July 3, 2011 5:36 PM BST
Surely its not rocket science

winston
03 Jul 11 13:05 Joined: 21 Sep 03 | Topic/replies: 47 | Blogger: winston's blog
Arabella Boy and Lucky Wish stand out but they have only two chase wins between them. 3.05 Limerick,it's a winners of 1 ffs! Sometimes I despair at the standard of journalism in racing.

winston
03 Jul 11 13:32 Joined: 21 Sep 03 | Topic/replies: 47 | Blogger: winston's blog
I've some cheek,it's actually the 3.35. However,to add insult to injury the 4.05 Limerick doesn't improve the standard.REGAL D'ESTRUVAL (nap), who justified considerable support at Tramore last time,he finished 2nd.
Report keynes July 3, 2011 9:09 PM BST
over the flat season, he retains an uncanny knack of picking short price o brien favs
Report wixim July 9, 2011 12:11 AM BST
Normally a good enough reporter - But a good effort by Alan Sweetman today to give Johnny a run for it .Headline -   "Back Of the Pack to show HIS name is all wrong". Great stuff. He then goes on to mention in the piece that backofthepack is in indeed a mare.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com