Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Win only - Sp only
09 Mar 11 22:30
| Topic/replies: 42 | Blogger: Win only - Sp only's blog
what a joke, 25 posters plastered on the windows and then the small print .. "on line or phone accounts" . Ok i will go onto my old on line account then . max bet €8.77 . Cheers
Pause Switch to Standard View spoils "every 2nd counts" offer.
Show More
Report Swinia March 9, 2011 10:42 PM GMT
today i stuck max bet on ghazio (whatever beats him wins Arkle imo) and had no issues. Reactivated my account which was redunant for 18 months
Report irish_guy_13 March 9, 2011 10:55 PM GMT
anyone else get a new paddy power premium customer phone number today or recently?
why?
Report Dan Chipowski March 9, 2011 11:08 PM GMT
Ta for the heads up, saw it on the website and assumed it applied in shops too.
Report ko2 March 10, 2011 9:08 AM GMT
disgusting outfit imo , as the op says having the posters all over the shops but then the offer not applying to the shops is really bad. joke outfit
Report Giant Strides March 10, 2011 9:31 AM GMT
Yeah. Noticed that last week. Always read the small print as they say. #ssholes.
I got that card too irish guy.
I know why I got it anyway! They want my business. Laugh Cry
Report irish_guy_13 March 10, 2011 10:24 AM GMT
mee tooSad
Report db1974 March 10, 2011 11:00 AM GMT
That's very poor
Report celticboy March 10, 2011 2:56 PM GMT
must have got a lot of flak for this sharp practice .. thye have backtracked and made the offer available in the shops now.
Report timberman March 10, 2011 6:23 PM GMT
a disgrace of an outfit...the shop staff will get some flack from punters....one of the sneakist acts in a long time in irish bookmaking!
Report timberman March 10, 2011 6:25 PM GMT
glad to hear shop punters are getting money back for the seconds this is only fair...should have been that way from the start....now it has become a good special !
Report slickster March 10, 2011 10:55 PM GMT
spoils should not be allowed to trade as bookmakers. simple.
Report TradeFair March 10, 2011 11:01 PM GMT
2nd Cue Card
2nd Hurricane Fly
2nd Big Buck's
2nd Imperial Commander
Boyles to close within 12 months

What price the acca?
Report Dan Chipowski March 10, 2011 11:25 PM GMT
Who said they have made the offer available in shops?

Website still says phone and online only. Confused

Max return €300 (or currency equivalent) per customer, per race .
Refund will be made in cash.
Applies to win singles or the win part of each way singles only, does not apply to singles as part of multiple bets
Applies to all bets placed from time of offer launch (7am Thursday 17th Feb)
This offer does not affect our ante post rules.
We reserve the right to alter or withdraw the promotion at any time.
Online and phone offer only.
Report db1974 March 10, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
Tradefair - the offer applies the the 1st 4 races on Tuesday only

The 2 you mention on that day would be a bad result for them alright
Report TradeFair March 10, 2011 11:38 PM GMT
Yes, I've seen it now. So it is 100% that it does not apply in their shops. God bless the poor staff when the first fancied runner is second.
Report celticboy March 10, 2011 11:41 PM GMT
It applies in the shops - the signs have been changed to say: 'Shop Offer'  -  I checked it with the staff in one of their Dublin shops today.
Report TradeFair March 10, 2011 11:44 PM GMT
Excuse my language but they will lose their bollocks on this offer. Did they use two chimps with an abacus to crunch the numbers? There directors best get the rosary beeds ready.
Report Dan Chipowski March 10, 2011 11:59 PM GMT
Good news if it does apply in shops Blush
Report wildmanfromborneo March 11, 2011 11:08 AM GMT
Win only Sp only on here complaining about bookmakers...I think you should declare your interest.
Report Win only - Sp only March 11, 2011 12:58 PM GMT
I along with most others on this thread thought that an offer plastered all over shop, should apply to a shop Wildman. It looks like Spoils have accepted this and altered the offer.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 11, 2011 1:16 PM GMT
At last we agree but if you have a vested interest dont you think you should declare it.
Report Swinia March 11, 2011 2:49 PM GMT
Jesus lads common sense would dictate that it would apply to online and phone customers thereby reducing their exposure.... otherwise if you took a position (as i have done) on the arkle and supreme that whatever beats Ghazio or Cue Card wins whats to stop you travelling the length and breath of the country at €100 per shop?

i personally think its an excellent offer and intuitive (i reopened my account as i despise them) and shows some signs that they are not complete cnuts
Report kavvie March 11, 2011 3:55 PM GMT
ageee swania...im backing cue card big with them and i reckon if its beaten its unlightly any more than one horse will beat it...and as a lot of people will know im not their biggest fan..
Report ko2 March 11, 2011 8:13 PM GMT
they have now put on their website that the offer applies to the supreme novices only for shop punters. celtic boy is this what you seen on their shop posters now or what exactly have they up
Report Berbatov6 March 11, 2011 9:18 PM GMT
We reserve the right to alter or withdraw the promotion at any time.

They are pulling it completely in store on Tuesday morning.
Report Win only - Sp only March 11, 2011 9:37 PM GMT
leon. please unmuddy these very muddy waters.
Report Win only - Sp only March 11, 2011 9:37 PM GMT
demuddy?
Report Anaglogs Daughter March 11, 2011 11:24 PM GMT
http://on.fb.me/gmOJ3b Laugh CoolLaugh
Report celticboy March 12, 2011 12:00 AM GMT
ko2  -  as I read it - it applied to all races on day one  -  the posters were replaced from the original ones with the small print saying online only  -  obviously they have made a total ****-up from a Marketing and PR point of view  ..  and seem to be digging themselves deeper into the sh**
Report huddys March 12, 2011 7:17 AM GMT
just shows you what type of joke they are,are usually  very bad with their early prices on the horses so very rarely bet with them
Report ko2 March 12, 2011 12:41 PM GMT
just been in one of their shops ofer applies to just the 1st race for shop bets.

big blue poster up , has written in white  money back if you horse comes 2nd  but then underneath if you look closely written in dark blue offer applies to 1st race only

have a look if yee are passing spoils
Report Win only - Sp only March 12, 2011 1:00 PM GMT
might change again by the off !
Report kavvie March 12, 2011 1:15 PM GMT
ill be in to back cue card off a board show..thats what they dont want...they are 7/4 at mo and 9/4 elsewhere..id say they realise its a big error and cant get out of it..
Report hammy March 12, 2011 1:34 PM GMT
Are VC the only joke firm not going NRNB and ripping off their loyal customers?
Report ko2 March 12, 2011 2:22 PM GMT
betfred as well as vc
Report Dan Chipowski March 12, 2011 5:48 PM GMT
They are dodging it big time if Berba is correct in saying that they are pulling the offer on Tuesday morning.

Joke firm. Joke offer.
Report Dan Chipowski March 12, 2011 5:48 PM GMT
For us shop customers of course Silly
Report db1974 March 12, 2011 9:31 PM GMT
VC were last to go NRNB last year as well
Report Cupwinkcook March 12, 2011 9:43 PM GMT
mucked this up, backed Ghizao in a shop today
Report Berbatov6 March 12, 2011 10:12 PM GMT
7/4 Cue Card says it all. They know they are in trouble.
Report triumphoragony March 13, 2011 8:21 AM GMT
Laugh i am one of their REGULAR customers ALWAYS take the correct price and now they say to me ARE THESE THE CORRECT PRICES TAKEN!!!!!!!!Laugh
Report harry31 March 13, 2011 10:15 AM GMT
not surprised at the last posters comment.

their staff seem to be infested with clueless young females who are more interested in constantly stuffing their faces or shrieking loudly to each other about their social lives than providing a proper service

-that race is off(3 mile chase)
-that price is 1 sec late
-what time is this werder bremen running?
etc etc etc

their customer service is terrible and for anyone who has had the misfortune to go into their shops in swords and come across a bald jock(this one's a bloke) -i give you the most rude,obnoxious individual ever to infest the staff side of the counter(a nice old pensioner was telling me the other day that this particular charmer had him in tears over a bet recently - complete scum)
Report Chester J Lampwick March 14, 2011 2:00 AM GMT
Cheltenham Cashback
If your horse finishes 2nd in any of the First 4 races on Day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival, we will refund losing bets on that horse. Max return €300 per customer or currency equivalent. Applies to win singles or the win part of each way singles only. Applies to all bets placed from time of offer launch (7am Thursday 17th Feb). Applies to Fon-A-Bet and Web only. Does not apply to bets placed in shops.
Report irish_guy_13 March 14, 2011 2:27 AM GMT
in my local boyles, the main guy, is very casual..........and for him, there is PP across the road and anytime he hears anything he strolls over..... plus the girls in the shop have no idea of racing, they are not even friendly. too busy chatting about b.s.
Report Swinia March 14, 2011 8:42 AM GMT
Yesterday Boyles did a special 2-1 Big Zeb and Poquelin to be placed.... i make that a good value bet
Report timberman March 14, 2011 4:03 PM GMT
This bet only applies over the internet and you are not allowed use more than one finger typing and it has to be snowing during both races for you to collect !!
Report the hitcher March 14, 2011 4:07 PM GMT
Latest update in this farce is that they will give money back in Supreme if you're second. But not the other three.
Report the hitcher March 14, 2011 4:09 PM GMT
In Shops, that is.
Report moneypenny March 14, 2011 4:48 PM GMT
Powers are a real joke when it comes to their cue card mbs. Have priced the race up to 123%
Report db1974 March 14, 2011 5:16 PM GMT
That's true moneypenny but they are BOG which will help punters when the money comes for CC tomorrow
Report Mr Mischief March 14, 2011 6:00 PM GMT
Are Boyles BOG with the every 2nd counts offer?
Report timberman March 14, 2011 9:25 PM GMT
Spoils shop staff will be getting grief left right and centre tomorrow over this sneaky effort by head office not head office care about their shop staff..
Report Giant Strides March 14, 2011 10:13 PM GMT
They own half the shops in the town here and there is but one good, sound and knowledgeable staff member between the four shops. I really hope the`re cleaned right out with this offer. 2nd or 3rd fav to beat the fav x 4 please.
Report Cupwinkcook March 14, 2011 10:27 PM GMT
phones - offering buttons

cutting prices whenever they get near the exchange price
Report Dan Chipowski March 14, 2011 10:30 PM GMT
There's one particulary surly member of staff in my local who has been with them years. Amazed they haven't got rid of the pig yet.
Report Rowley Mile March 15, 2011 12:32 AM GMT
Call me an eejit but, the fact that he is getting to you probably means they think he is doing his job correctly in their eyes [:o]
Report Giant Strides March 15, 2011 10:13 AM GMT
This is a classic.
Spoils "pr executive" tweeted this earlier.

****NMG Nicola McGeady
Don't forget If your horse finishes 2nd in any of the first 4 races today at Cheltenham,#**** will refund losing bets on that horse*.

Never forget that asterisk baby. Laugh
Report Eddie Batt March 15, 2011 10:45 PM GMT
Their representative was quoted in the post today saying "we're paying out on the runner up"-I find this misleading -the reality is they are refunding not paying out depending on where and when the bet was placed.
A few years ago when there some controversy about pricewise prices in the shops on a Saturday morning all the leading bookies and boils for some strange reason were invited to clarify their positions.Boils said something along the lines that they were stand the advertised prices for the punters usual stake for ten minutes after the shop opened.The following week they were joint best about a pricewise horse-I know someone who was waiting for the shop to open and when he tried to get his usual bet on the price was already cut.The punter quoted the piece in the previous weeks RP and was told that was a special for one week only.
Misleading or dishonest?.
Report Dan Chipowski March 16, 2011 12:07 AM GMT
Their early prices this morning were a joke anyway. Shortest on every single fancied runner.
Report Giant Strides March 16, 2011 7:40 AM GMT
Leon says it cost them over half a million. Plain
Report steeringjobnap March 21, 2011 1:21 PM GMT
Shops in Waterford absolutely hammered on the back of the Sizing QMCC.

Add to this "good things" like Quevega, HF, BB & Long Run [I was not a fan at his GC price!] then
it all adds up to an expensive 4 days for JB & Co.
Report spurs to buy big March 21, 2011 5:15 PM GMT
THEY ARE IMPOSTERS
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com