Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
22 Feb 11 16:25
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Since its inception has to be the best winner finder the paper has produced.I know the last three have gone in even when he puts up a place lay it wins.Last year they put up seven winners in a row and when they nominate a horse running in Ireland you can have your life on it.
Pause Switch to Standard View The Racing Post Lay of the day.
Show More
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2011 7:43 PM GMT
Todays lay of the day outsider of three in a three horse race Giorgio Quercus....I know it took the intervention of the stewards but the winner finding continues.
Report steeringjobnap February 25, 2011 7:50 PM GMT
James Pyman would stop gravity
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2011 8:15 PM GMT
It was Graeme Rodway today,i dont like being too critical but these journalists are professional when you compare their tipping against some of the amateur tipsters on here you realise the wrong people are getting paid.Just take a look at the tipping competition on here,the posters have to take S.P. some have to post the night before and if you dont post a selection you get docked points you would think they would all be minus,not at all many in profit,have a look it will open your eyes.
Report steeringjobnap February 25, 2011 8:21 PM GMT
Re: tipster ability

I'd agree with that WMOB; off the top of my head - Norn; Satellite; Moneypenny; BJG, etc - sharp minds imo.

+VE level stakes profit at SP
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2011 8:41 PM GMT
I would add Downallstar,Irish Guy and Workrider to the list,i probably have left some out.I form my own opinions but enjoy reading other posts,every now and again you pick up a nugget that sways you.Leopardstown at Christmas the Lexus chase i thought Pandorama was not only a lay but a place lay,thought stable out of form,read a thread here on the Lexus everybody tipped Pandorama,Satellite Flight the most emphatic,shook my confidence so only laid it for a fraction of my original stake.....it triumphed so money saved.Also have a look at some of the outsiders these posters come up with....impressive.
Report steeringjobnap February 25, 2011 8:47 PM GMT
DAS & IG also good eggs; much as I dislike many of WR posts,
he does have a passion for the game that can manifest in winners
[i.e. yesterday's Thurles bumper winner from the P2P in Wicklow].

If the WUM-merchants would just do one, this forum would once again
be a smashing place to discuss Irish betting.
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2011 8:52 PM GMT
Magic MD a shocking omission from that list wildman
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2011 8:55 PM GMT
Agree and also beneficial betting wise,i go racing in Ireland a fair bit and i see all the regular knowledgeable racegoers in deep discussion before racing,they are combining their knowledge and reaping the benefit, we should also do the same and ignore the snipers.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2011 8:56 PM GMT
What does WUM mean?
Report steeringjobnap February 25, 2011 8:58 PM GMT
wind-up merchant
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2011 9:04 PM GMT
Snap crackle and pop...Certainly on a roll and good luck to him however i like when they put up their rationale and you see why, thats when you pick up some salient facts you could have missed.
Report Giant Strides February 25, 2011 9:47 PM GMT
James Pyman knows his horses imho.
The RP tennis and football tipsters are far worse. 
Bluffers in all walks of life. I`m jealous of them too.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2011 10:43 PM GMT
I actually find the tipsters are generally good its just ironic that the one column trying to locate losers cant stop finding winners.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 27, 2011 7:16 PM GMT
I have to bring up The Racing Posts Lay of the day column once again.Yesterday they put up Toubab a 9/2 shot,duly got it done,but today got things back on track Round The Horn was the lay of the day triumphed at 7/4 introduced a new line his blowout Celestial Halo that too triumphed,follow this column and watch the winners flow.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods February 27, 2011 10:20 PM GMT
Round the Horn was the easiest winner of the NH season so far..Laugh
Report Rocketfingers February 27, 2011 10:41 PM GMT
Rocketfingers & Squigs for GAA & football
Report trooper thornton March 1, 2011 10:30 AM GMT
intersting to see the profit/loss on this bet although must be running at a loss otherwise it would be all over the paper and probably access only available in the members area if it was sucessfull
Report wildmanfromborneo March 1, 2011 3:03 PM GMT
They got a 4/1 shot beaten yesterday but normal service has been resumed todays Lay of the day Border Lad has just hacked up at Ffos Las.
Report chingachgook March 1, 2011 3:57 PM GMT
has anyone emailed the RacingPost to ask them to print the running profit/loss tally
each day?
Report wildmanfromborneo March 1, 2011 4:04 PM GMT
It would be well nigh impossible to calculate as you are a layer and presumably would have to go much higher than the S.P.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 8, 2011 4:05 PM BST
Nothing has changed since i drew your attention to this great winner finder.Graeme Rodway is far and away the best since i posted last five of his lays of the day in a row have triumphed and at Aintree he started with Baby Run yesterday and today it was a place lay of Master Minded another winner sooner or later you will begin to appreciate the quality of some of the posts on here.
One of the best on here is Satellite Flight,he has been hassled by a sniper so much so he has intimated he wont post here again,i for one would regret that.
Report Cupwinkcook April 8, 2011 9:32 PM BST
gotta admit I thought about place laying Masterminded
Report wildmanfromborneo May 7, 2011 10:22 PM BST
The Racing Posts Lay of the Days record on Irish racing is sensational in that they nearly all win.A good pal of mine backs them blindly every day,it is not for any perverse reason its just he thinks the journalist doing it are clueless,he doubles his wagers when they venture into Irish racing.During this Punchestown Festival they nominated a Lay of the Day three times.The first of these was on Tuesday they nominated Quito De La Roque this won at 7/2 after being available at 5/1.The second one was Quevega on Thursday 4/5 best another winner but at least this was a short enough price.Finally the third was today Grandouet was the lucky receipient of the Lay of the Day but i think people are following my pals advice as this gelding was heavily punted from7/2 into 5/2 and duly triumphed.
It is hard to credit how many winners these geniuses have actually found but their record on Irish Racing is nearly 100% has no one else noticed this phenonenem.
Report wildmanfromborneo May 8, 2011 8:02 PM BST
One thing i have noticed here is how few people read The Racing Post and the antipathy towards this paper.My opinion on Recital is well documented so i was always going to be a layer and started early this morning.Imagine then my chagrin when i get the Racing Post and find my Nemesis has put up Recital as his Lay of the Day so now my surefire winner finder has collided with my own view of todays major lay.After long consideration i decided to temporarily suspend my surefire winner finder and lay the bejasus out of Recital on the basis that it is not possible for every Lay of the Day to triumph.Wrong on two counts...it is possible fot the Lay of the Day to keep on finding winners...and Recital although an absolute hound was able to torpedo all my early morning lays.
If you want a good laugh just follow The Racing Posts Lay of the Day especially if its running in Ireland.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl May 8, 2011 9:09 PM BST
Grandouet LaughLaughLaugh easiest winner all week in Punchestown....or Johnny Ward in todays Sunday Indo tellin all to lay Manu... at home!!!@ 2.4.....
Report revedesivola May 11, 2011 6:32 PM BST
Todays two looked at in the banker and blowout section, 5/4 and 8/11, both seen to be bankers by the rp, both lostLaugh
Report Giant Strides May 15, 2011 12:47 PM BST
For anyone concerned that Wootton Bassett will struggle to overcome a wide berth at Longchamp today, be far more concerned that Rodway reckons it`s a banker! Laugh
Report Giant Strides May 15, 2011 4:14 PM BST
Never in doubt!
Report TheBettingGeniusThe2nd May 20, 2011 3:02 PM BST
Fantastic Lay of the Day by Pietro Innocenzi, well done sir, brilliant tipping yet again
Report wildmanfromborneo June 13, 2011 11:00 AM BST
They have dipped into Irish Racing again by nominating Banimpire as their lay of the day with the same result..an easy winner.It is quite incredible that the last seven horses they have picked as Lays in Ireland have all won it could be much more but i am unable to verify,however i can confirm that going back over the last two years their winner finding in Ireland when trying to locate losers is well over 90%.They are also excellent at locating winners in British racing especially when they nominate a place lay.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com