Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
snap crackle and pop
03 Oct 10 20:28
| Topic/replies: 3,218 | Blogger: snap crackle and pop's blog
Was at the coursing in new ross today, and was a great day out. Pity there was so many withdrawls this morning though. All in all a good days coursing with two above average pups winning the derby and oaks trial stakes'. I heard the winner of the derby trial stake in Glin, Kyle Ranger, was meant to have been very impressive. Some suggesting he will be installed a very low price derby favourite. Was anybody in Glin today?
Pause Switch to Standard View Coursing Season 2010/2011
Show More
Report Anaglogs Daughter January 31, 2011 9:11 PM GMT
Keen Laddie Stakes:

Critics Club v Shaneboy Apollo
Cois Thunder v Gurteen Oscar
Danema Blues v Nordan
Ishebizzi v Auld Stock
Shining Toby v Cannakill Shop
Confident Marvin v Crafty Emporio
Luath Legend v Downsman
Jeffys Harper v Ardea View

Reserves Pumpkin Eoin.

Kitty Butler Stakes:

Crafty Bonito v Dale Navi
Glanmore Susan v Mucky Betty
Madtogoagain v Snowy Express
Killallon Hayes v Somebody Told Me
Lone Dreamer v Skellig Side
Runaway Heather v Miss Tipoki
Dunsilly v Mrs Jingles Mollys
Leader v All Aboard.

TA Morris Stakes:

Crushers Hyland v Kyle Tanyard
Aristo Emperor v Ballyrock
Eoin Ath Dara Lad v Dodo Deal
Shilling Country v Murtys Return
Cloverhill Sam v Belated Bounty
Jonpamike v Denham Matt
Gortglas Houdini v Knockbrack Eoin
Re Me Martin v Key Detail

Reserves Castlemartyr Law.
Report DECALEC January 31, 2011 9:37 PM GMT
thanks 4 all the updates lads
Report BJG January 31, 2011 9:50 PM GMT
Apologies Anaglogs, was a quick c+p Devil
Report DECALEC February 1, 2011 1:08 AM GMT
WELL RD1 IS DONE AND DUSTED AND AFTER NUMEROUS PINTS O'PORTER THE PUGILISTS ARE LEFT WITH 11 SURVIVORS APIECE ON THE EVIDENCE OF PREVIOUS POSTS (AND IF THIS WAS TEXAS HOLDEM)THE MAGIC MAN WOULD BE FAVOURITE BUT ALAS STARING EACH OTHER OUT THROUGH BLOODSHOT EYES WONT WORK, ITS OUTTA THIER HANDS NOW AND UP TO THE GRUHOUNDS TO SAVE THEIR FACE AND IN THE JOYS OF VICTORY AFTER MORE PORTER DONT END UP IN A DITCH LIKE THE GAME **** THAT ONCE WAS LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLove
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 12:47 PM GMT
[b]Handball Henry withdrawn from Derby[/b]

Magical Delight withdrawn from Oaks
Report SatelliteFlight February 1, 2011 1:23 PM GMT
****.com Derby
2 CENTRAL CREATOR TRAJECTORY ex WAKE UP KATE
12.89, 12.83
8 CHINOOK HYLAND MATT HYLAND ex PARTY VICTORY
12.99, 1306,

11 NEEDHAM SKILL RAZOR ASHMORE ex TANGO TIME
13.01, 12.95,
16 CUSHIE COUNTRY CROSS COUNTRY ex CUSHIE MAG
13.10, 13.22,

20 KYLE RANGER MATT HYLAND ex BALLYORGAN
12.81, 12.94,
21 GYPSY ROVER JANEY MAC AROO ex MOORSTOWN MIA
13.17, 13.50,

27 SINCE KYABRAM MATT HYLAND ex GARVAN GROOVY
13.06, 13.22 hard course,
32 STEPHENS RAY STEPHENS DAWN ex HONEYCOMB TANYA
13.11, 13.16,

36 COOL STORM MUSICAL TIME ex COOLAVANNY STORM
13.09, 13.10,
38 COSHAIR MAGIC TRAJECTORY ex WAKE UP KATE
12.96, 13.14,

43 KILLIMOR MATEY BEXHILL EOIN ex GRAIGUE CASCADE
12.86, 12.87,
46 CENTRAL CITY BALLYMAC MAEVE EX BABY HAZEL
13.04, 12.88,

49 NEWRY LEGEND RAZOR ASHMORE ex TANGO TIME
12.70, 12.95 hard course,
55 SOUND PISTOL MUSICAL TIME ex LEIGH SHADOW
12.87, 13.00,

58 DERBY PINES CASTLE PINES ex CAOIMHES SUSIE
12.77, 12.90
64 AGHADOWN MARTIN MATT HYLAND ex LOCHBO POLLY
12.92, 12.91,
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 1:31 PM GMT
Going by those clocks it lookslike one of the Central dogs will be winning the Derby.
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 1:34 PM GMT
http://bit.ly/hyy54m
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 1:38 PM GMT
****.com Derby - 2nd round winners

CENTRAL CREATOR Trajectory – Wake Up kate Jan
CHINOOK HYLAND Matt Hyland – Party Victory Mar
NEEDHAM SKILL Razor Ashmore – Tango Time Jan
CUSHIE COUNTRY Cross Country – Cushie Mag Jan

KYLE RANGER Matt Hyland – Ballyorgan Jan
GYPSY ROVER Janey Mac Aroo – Moorstown Mia Mar
SINCE KYABRAM (long hunt) Matt Hyland – Garvan Groovy Mar
STEPHENS RAY Stephens Dawn – Honeycomb Tanya Mar

COOL STORM Musical Time – Coolavanny Storm Apr
COSHAIR MAGIC Trajectory – Wake Up kate Jan
KILLIMOR MATEY Bexhill Eoin – Graigue Cascade Feb
CENTRAL CITY Ballymac Maeve – Baby Hazel Aug

NEWRY LEGEND (long hunt) Razor Ashmore – Tango Time Jan
SOUND PISTOL Musical Time – Leigh Shadow May
DERBY PINES Castle Pines – Caoimhes Susie Jan
AGHADOWN MARTIN Matt Hyland – Lochbo Polly Jan

Greyhound and Pet World Oaks - 2nd round winners

CALL HER NOW Bexhill Eoin – Call Biddy Feb
LEIGH COUNTESS Musical Time – Leigh Shadow May
TROMORA DARKIE Matt Hyland – Denham Darkie Jan
GADGET GIRL Razor Ashmore – Tango Time Jan

WHY TANYARD ASH Bexhill Eoin – Why Tanyard jane May
PARTY FLAMINGO Matt Hyland – Party Victory Mar
SKELLIG MANIA Matt Hyland – Denmania Jan
SUNBEAM BLITZ Bexhill Eoin – Graigue Cascade Feb

GILLOGUE JESS Crafty Hugo – Tequila Sunshine Jan
WINDFARM SWIFT Windfarm – Reekie Daisy Jan
SKELLIG BABE Boavista – Mountain Guest Jan
SKELLIG TIME Musical Time – Skellig Spring Jan

OMERA Bexhill Eoin – Tupele Mar
OCEAN TOLULA Bexhill Eoin – Hollyoak Rayana Apr
LYRICS Musical Time – Best View Jan
TAKA DAWN Bexhill Eoin – Moon Top Feb

National Meeting Spirit Of Mischief Stakes

First Round winners
LOYAL LEADER
PONY LINK
VOLGA DAISY
TOWNPARKS BEST
LATEST ACTION
CHIANG MIA
COOLAVANNY ROSE
CUSHIE WINGBELL
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 1:55 PM GMT
By Diarmuid O'Flynn

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

At 7.25am the alarm went off, before 7.30 he was out in the kennel, checking on Glanmore Susan; she was fine, even better than fine – "Hopping off the ground!"

It’s not Tom Mulcahy’s first time having a qualifier for Clonmel – in many decades of trying he’s been there twice before, in fact reached the quarter-final in 2000 with Glanmore Smut, who has the record of winning the first Trial Stake of this Millennium, in Abbeyfeale.

But still, no matter what age you are, no matter what gender, the feeling never gets old. Clonmel, Powerstown Racecourse, the annual National Coursing Meeting, the Oaks; Glanmore Susan isn’t anywhere near the top of the betting but that’s not the point, not even related to the point. She’s there, won her Trial Stake only a couple of weeks ago but no matter; she qualified, and as the owner, the trainer, the breeder, Tom can now dream the dream.

Back in the kitchen he sits at table by the big window looking out at the sloping fields beyond, savouring his tea and toast with long-suffering wife Lillian, and awaits the arrival of the usual suspects, his coursing crew.

It’s a three-way relationship, coursing, a pagan marriage of hare, dog and humanity. It’s a tough sport, a hard sport, played out in fields through the depths of winter, all three of the major players in this ancient drama subject to the vicissitudes of nature.

Great triumphs against all odds, great disasters to match, but shared by all, the pleasure and the pain alike. It’s a sport which, beyond any other, binds those who take part in a very close fellowship.

So it is that Tom has his own regular gang, travelling companions who have enjoyed the craic for many years from one end of Munster to the other, and always, in the spring, ending up travelling together for the last great hurrah of the season, the three-day national meeting in Clonmel.

First to arrive was Paul Mulcahy, then JJ Sexton, both from Milford; they were closely followed by Liam O’Brien ("Ah Liam, Begod – you’re on time today!") and John Ronan, both of them from over the road. Tom is originally from Tullylease but is long domiciled in Ballyhea, in Glanmore to be precise, thus the prefix for all his dogs.

Immediately there are congratulations all round for Paul, winner of the Milford Open Coursing last Sunday week – "Oh, well celebrated, I can assure ye," says Paul. Billy Mulcahy arrives; no relation of Tom’s, but his sidekick, will be catching Susan in Clonmel. Very soon, final preparations are under way. "Are you coming Lillian?", asks John – "Of course she’s coming," says JJ, "There’d be no bit of glamour there without her." "Hold on," says Lillian, "I’m not ready ‘til I put on my dog-hat." Superstition, habit – no-one wants to put the hex on Susan.

The dog is put in the van, Tom and Billy travel together, the rest are with JJ, and at five minutes to nine, off they go – Clonmel here we come.

The roads are icy, dangerous, the omens bad – this isn’t going to start at 11.30. At the gate we meet Carmel Leavey, taking tickets – "It went down to -7 in Clonmel last night," she tells us, "And when I got here at 7.30 this morning it was still -4. The field was covered yesterday, but we’ve heard nothing yet about a start time."

At twenty past ten Tom parks up, alongside Tom and Lester Power, old friends from Waterford. Tess, Tom’s wife, wasn’t up to travelling, first meeting missed in many a long year, but she was there in spirit – hot whiskey, to be precise, offered immediately, a long-standing Tess Power tradition at any coursing meeting. The gang arrived, gathered around the van, offered Tom their final best wishes before heading for their regular pitch in the stand, and in the hospitality area underneath…

Beside us was the van of the Crafty Kennels, Noelle Divilly and her two boys Peter and Shane, with cousin Olivia Roche, and oh, did they have a tough draw! Two bitches qualified for the Oaks, but drawn against two of the short-odds favourites (both duly well beaten), while their dog, Crafty Hippo, was up against one of the Derby favourites, Tynwald Stuart. "Keep away from me!" she says to John O’Keeffe, featured in these pages last week, whose Call Her Now she was to face in the second course of the day, "I’ll talk to you afterwards!"

And then, the announcement everyone had been anticipating – start delayed ‘til 12.30. Tom headed off on a walk, kill some time, down to the hare enclosure where Danny Murphy, John O’Dwyer, Ted Boyle and the lads were busy at their work, every hare individually housed and identified. "A complex operation," says Tom, "But these fellas do a great job."

On the way back past the fine new permanent slipper’s hut, Tom digs his heel into the turf – "Still a good crust on that," he reckons, "They should roll it, bring the moisture up to the top."

He’s getting worried, and with reason – soon another announcement, another postponement, to one o’clock. All this waiting around, but still he’s as calm – on the outside anyway – as a man can be, no sign of nerves. "Hey," shouts Eamonn Finn from Dromina, "Make sure you tell people, Tom’s dog ran 25 races before she finally qualified for Clonmel, surely the longest-serving bitch ever!" Tom only grins, walks on. Meets horse-trainer Mark Prescott and Geraldine Reece, and they spend a few minutes of nostalgia, discussing the old Irish Cup in Clounanna, then the Waterloo Cup, which unfortunately has met its own Waterloo with the banning of coursing cross-channel.

We meet Bridie and Padjoe Treacey, from Martinstown – "D’you know, this fella (indicating yours truly) served the Mass for our wedding in Ballyhea in 1964!" Well now! Anyway, it all serves to keep Tom’s mind occupied, though in truth, it’s already well occupied.

Eventually the green light – under way. As the early courses are run Tom is watching the big screen, trying to get his own timing right. He has already taken Glanmore Susan from the van, given her a rub, put on the cover again, put on the white collar. And then, time to go, head for slips. Billy heads the other way, top of the field to do the catching – "Now Tomás," he says, "I’m going away — best of luck to you."

Down in the warm-up area he bumps into Richie Delahunty – "You’re Gillogue Jess? We’re meeting ye," and they head off side by side, walking the dogs, awaiting the call from PJ Roberts, the Control Steward. "Don’t go too far Richie!" – a young lad, shouting instructions; "Begod, you sound like the owner" – "I am!", he proudly announces.

"Gillogue Jess and Glanmore Susan – bring them on!", the shout from PJ, and the dogs are brought up, ears checked against their certificates. Into the hut, handed over to Richie Quinn, the slipper – "That’s it now," says Tom, "No more I can do."

Seconds later and that IS it – poor Susan, she never got away at all, left at slips, two lengths behind inside 20m, lost another two in the next 30m, well beaten up the field. Back in PJ’s hut young Eoin is shouting at the TV monitor – "Go on Jess, go on, go on – YES!" Youthful exuberance, understandable. For Tom, age-old disappointment — "She was gone from the word go." Rubbing salt in the wound, Tom then had to go back to the slipper’s hut – Susan had turned at the top of the field and headed right back down again.

When you’re beaten in Clonmel, it’s a long and lonely walk back to the van; people are understanding, nothing much said, allowing a man to digest the defeat. Back at the van he gives Susan a drink, then washes the dirt off her paws, one by one, gives her a good rub, on with the cover, then takes her for a walk. When he’s gone Billy arrives, unused lead draped over his arm – "Redundant, no job!" he declares.

It’s not all over for Glanmore Susan or for Tom Mulcahy, she was entered in the consolation stakes, will run in the Kitty Butler today. "Sure we might be better off," says Tom to Brian Walsh, in conversation, but Brian is having none of it – "Don’t be saying that – you came here to win the Oaks, just like every other man." Not so, says Tom, "Ah, I knew we hadn’t a flyer." And he did, he knew, but still he could dream, he could dream. How many of us could say that, in these last few weeks
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 1:59 PM GMT
The 86th national meeting got off to a tremendous, if delayed, start at Powerstown Park, Clonmel yesterday and a huge crowd witnessed the ante-post favourites, Derby Pines and Gadget Girl, enhance their status with convincing performances in the opening rounds of the classics.

After frost had delayed the start by 90 minutes, Derby Pines was all the rage in the betting on the ****.com Derby and closed as short as 4/1 favourite.

He was generally priced at 3/1 as coursing ended following a comprehensive eight-length lead over Ardea View. His clock of 12.77 was the second fastest of the day, bettered only by Newry Legend, which stopped the clock in 12.70.

Newry Legend is owned and trained by Powerstown maestro Brendan Matthews and he was most impressive as he opened a big margin over Toast Master. Another to catch the eye was Marie Field's Kyle Ranger as he went up alone with his rival unsighted.

He looked to be striding out extremely well and his clock of 12.81 confirmed that impression.

The intriguing situation is that Kyle Ranger will now meet his litter brother Oola Man this morning.

The major shock in the Derby was the elimination of Tynwald Stuart. The hare dived upfield in favour of Crafty Hippy and, despite Tynwald's best effort to get back on terms, he couldn't quite do it and bade farewell to his Derby hopes. Other impressive winners in the Derby were Brendan Duffy's Central Creator and Owen McKenna's Handball Henry.

The Matthews-owned and trained Gadget Girl was a hot favourite for the Oaks and was 3/1 yesterday evening after a comfortable lead over Somebody Told Me.

The O'Driscolls, from Glanmire, have a very strong hand with the Skellig bitches Mania, Babe and Time making it through impressively. All three have the ability to go a long way in this classic.

One to really catch the eye was the Dublin-owned bitch Call Her Now, trained by John Kelliher.

She looked powerful as she breasted the hill and enjoyed a big margin over Crafty Toco.
Report Temlett February 1, 2011 2:05 PM GMT
Call Her Now saw off Leigh Countess in an epic by all accounts.

Gadget Girl is out.
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 2:32 PM GMT
Last 8 left in the Derby
8 CHINOOK HYLAND
11 NEEDHAM SKILL RAZOR

20 KYLE RANGER
32 STEPHENS RAY

38 COSHAIR MAGIC
46 CENTRAL CITY

55 SOUND PISTOL
64 AGHADOWN MARTIN
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 2:36 PM GMT
Last 8 Oaks

4 CALL HER NOW
11 TROMORO DARKIE(res.c) 

19 WHY TANYARD ASH 
25 SKELLIG MANIA

38 WINDFARM SWIFT 
43 SKELLIG BABE

55 OCEAN TOLULA
59 LYRICS
Report Temlett February 1, 2011 2:50 PM GMT
Kyle Ranger 2/1 jolly now.
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 3:01 PM GMT
KITTY BUTLER STAKES LAST 8

44 CRAFTY BONITO
41 MUCKY BETTY 

18 MADTOGOAGAIN 
15 SOMEBODY TOLD ME

23 SKELLIG SIDE 
10 RUNAWAY HEATHER 

7 MRS JINGLES 
14 ALL ABOARD
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 3:08 PM GMT
Champion Stakes

6/1 Sold The Dream

6/1 Jingles

3/1 High And Mighty

6/1 March Is On

2/1 Mucky Eamonn

12/1Marshals Safari

6/4 Kyle Basil

6/1 Windfarm Eiscir

-----------------

Champion Bitch Price

6/4 Needham Time

8/1 Kingmill Pearl

3/1 Class Attraction

6/1 Atlantic Ashmore

10/1 Beckrow Hyland

7/2 Notindispute

4/1 Quality And Dash

8/1 Ashwood Dee
Report kavvie February 1, 2011 3:26 PM GMT
just back in,,carnage today..central creator,gadget girl,derby pins all beaten in the 3rd round..oaks between call her now and skelligs babe...but ud never know the wat its going!!..kyle ranger going good in derby..for a dog that was rumoured around clonmel sun night had an injury hes running very well!!..lovely weather big crowds..sure where else would u be!!
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 1, 2011 3:47 PM GMT
Cool  JUST HOPE SNAP DIDNT GO OFF HIS FIRST HUNCH WITH THE KYLE DOG. I WENT YESTERDAY AND BET GADGETS AND THE KYLE DOG IN TWO SINGLE BETS, DIDNT GO TODAY, GOING TO FINALS TOMMOROW. I DIDNT THINK THE CROWD WAS THAT BIG ON THE FIRST DAY ??   GOOD LUCK WITH ANY REMAINING BETS.  HOWS THE CLASH OF THE TITANS KAVVIE AND MD GOING  ??    Cool
Report kavvie February 1, 2011 4:02 PM GMT
im not sure really..id say all mine are gone!!?...i went to hearns last night at 7.30 ..not a SIGN OF ANY OF YOU..!!..?
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 4:48 PM GMT
Whats the short odds like?
Report kavvie February 1, 2011 6:25 PM GMT
very dead really...no big bets that i could see...lots of 20/50s!!
Report suck'emandsee February 1, 2011 6:51 PM GMT
What a belter of the day....We had it all...

Bookies smiling again!!

Very hard to know what will win both classics...If the hares are anything like today you couldn't rule out any dog!!

Will Kyle run tomorrow? Got a dusting this afternoon, looked very tired leaving the field...If he does and it's a long slip Stephens Ray could chin him!!

On the subject of Chins (excuse the pun!!) Chinook Hyland is doing me proud[:D] Am fair hoarse after this afternoons buckle with Central Creator...won't be able to talk if he wins three more!! If you see an ambulance arriving it'll be for me!!Laugh
Will be hoping Needham Skill's end of season excertions start telling in the morning!!

What a buckle it was between Killimor Matey and Central City...Central will need to be on his toes again in the morning against Coshair Magic..

The Derby Pines dream is over...Beaten fair and square although I guess the white collar was favoured when the hare went right... Martin should take out Pistol in the morning but who knows...if we did we wouldn't bother showing up!!

Two still going in the Oaks...Yes MD she's still thereGrin
Skellig Babe should though make the final...But methinks if long slips are the order of the day tomorrow...Call her now will be called the eventual winner!!!
Report magic md February 1, 2011 8:05 PM GMT
was a good day to be a bookie down there today!! a layers paradise there today!! between dodgy hares and dogs going unsited because of crows on the field....the books had a field day!! yes suckem the famous lyrics is still there...ran a lot better today i thought. but skellig babe looks a penalty kick for the oaks me thinks...[:D][:D][:D]
Report magic md February 1, 2011 8:13 PM GMT
p.s. made it into hearnes about 10ish last nite and none of ye to b found either....???[:o][:o][:o]
Report kavvie February 1, 2011 8:57 PM GMT
we said 7?are you usually 3 hours late for appointments!?!?"methinks"ur afraid to reveal ur identity!!
Report redbait February 1, 2011 10:50 PM GMT
What time will this kick off tomorrow? Thinking about making the trek down for the first time.
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 1, 2011 11:07 PM GMT
11.30am Weather premitting.
Report redbait February 1, 2011 11:09 PM GMT
Any idea what it costs to get in the gate?
Report magic md February 1, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
well me thinks glasgow said 8 o clock not 7 kavvie....and i got delayed a bit in chawkes with me mates so thats why i was a bit late...thought ye would all be in there til the early hours....???[:o][:o][:o]
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 12:24 PM GMT
[u SEMI FINAL LINE UPS OF CONSOLATIONS STAKES[/u]

SPIRIT OF MISCHIEF STAKE

48 PONY LINK 
57 TOWNPARKS BEST

54 CHIANG MIA
49 CUSHIE WINGBELL

------------------

HORSE & JOCKEY KEEN LADDIE STAKE

35 GURTEEN OSCAR
60 PUMPKIN EOIN

RES H CANNAKILL SHOP
RES F LUATH LEGEND

---------------

KITTY BUTLER STAKES

41 MUCKY BETTY
18 MADTOGOAGAIN

23 SKELLIG SIDE 
14 ALL ABOARD

-------------

T.A. MORRIS

1 BALLYROCK EOIN
54 SHILLING COUNTRY

22 JONPAMIKE
44 RE ME MARTIN
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 12:26 PM GMT
Semi Final line up of
Champion Bitch Stakes

1 NEEDHAM TIME ,
3 CLASS ATTRACTION

6 NOTINDISPUTE
7 QUALITY AND DASH
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 12:35 PM GMT
Semi-Final line up

Champion Stakes

2 JINGLES
4 MARCH IS ON

5 MUCKY EAMONN 
7 KYLE BASIL
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 12:49 PM GMT
OAKS SEMI-FINAL

4 CALL HER NOW ,
25 SKELLIG MANIA 

43 SKELLIG BABE ,
55 OCEAN TOLULA
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 12:52 PM GMT
DERBY SEMI-FINAL

Needham Skill
    v
Kyle Ranger

Central City
     v
Sound Pistol
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 1:19 PM GMT
Betting

Derby

1/1 Kyle Ranger

5/2 Sound Pistol   

5/2 Needham Skill

5/1 Central City

---------------

Oaks

1/1 Skellig Babe

5/4 Call Her Now

4/1 Ocean Tolula

4/1 Skellig Mania

----------
Report Temlett February 2, 2011 1:25 PM GMT
Is Call Her Now ok?

I heard that she took a nasty tumble.
Report never give up February 2, 2011 1:41 PM GMT
so did the bitch she meets
Report wanda February 2, 2011 1:49 PM GMT
skellig should win oaks now
Report never give up February 2, 2011 1:56 PM GMT
2 chances [;)]
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 2:27 PM GMT
Down to the finals

SPIRIT OF MISCHIEF STAKE

FINAL

57 TOWNPARKS BEST

V

54 CHIANG MIA

-------------------

FINAL

35 GURTEEN OSCAR

V

RES H CANNAKILL SHOP

------------------

KITTY BUTLER STAKES

FINAL

18 MADTOGOAGAIN

V

23 SKELLIG SIDE

--------------

T.A. MORRIS

FINAL

54 SHILLING COUNTRY

V

44 RE ME MARTIN

-------------

All Age Bitch

3 CLASS ATTRACTION

v

7 QUALITY AND DASH

------------

All Age Dogs

4 MARCH IS ON

v

5 MUCKY EAMONN

------------

OAKS FINAL

4 CALL HER NOW

V

43 SKELLIG BABE

--------------

DERBY FINAL

20 KYLE RANGER

V

46 CENTRAL CITY
Report Temlett February 2, 2011 2:52 PM GMT
That is a serious achievement by Ballymac Maeve to get a derby finalist.
Report never give up February 2, 2011 2:53 PM GMT
4 trials only on his card
Report Temlett February 2, 2011 3:05 PM GMT
The rest of the litter appear to be running around Lifford and Drumbo PaRK.
Report never give up February 2, 2011 3:10 PM GMT
taggart and gilroy sold him to brendan duffy after he won his trial stake in tubbercurry
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 3:16 PM GMT
CHAMPION BITCH STAKE

WINNER

3 CLASS ATTRACTION JUDICIAL AFFAIR ex MOONVEEN ELLEN

OWNER Miss Elaine Guiney
BREEDER Mrs. Judy Mackey

RUNNER UP

(WITHDRAWN FROM FINAL)

7 QUALITY AND DASH BEXHILL EOIN ex CHUBBYS ACCORD

OWNER Mrs. Catherine O'Meara
BREEDER Mrs. Catherine O'Meara
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 3:34 PM GMT
SPIRIT OF MISCHIEF STAKE
WINNER

54 CHIANG MIA MUCKLE MEG ex CABLE SAL

OWNER Norris-treacy-horgan-syndicate
BREEDER Mr. Patrick A. Cunningham,

RUNNER UP

57 TOWNPARKS BEST JUDICIAL BEST ex SHES THE WEST

OWNER Mr. Daniel Begley
BREEDER Mr. Martin Donnelly

--------------------

WINNER

35 GURTEEN OSCAR BEXHILL EOIN ex LOCHBO KATIE

OWNER Mr. Tom Spillane
BREEDER Master Stephen Spillane

[b]RUNNER UP[/b]

RES H CANNAKILL SHOP COURT HOUSE ex FAHY DOME

OWNER Mr. Paddy Mccormack
BREEDER Mr. Declan Delaney

---------------

KITTY BUTLER STAKES

WINNER

18 MADTOGOAGAIN ASHMORE VIEW ex SPECKLED WOOD

OWNER Dream-on-syndicate
BREEDER Mrs. Kathleen Casey-O'Connell

RUNNER UP

23 SKELLIG SIDE MOUNTEDEN GUEST ex RITH GAN GAISCE

OWNER Mrs. Rose O'Driscoll
BREEDER Mrs Bernie Diskin Holian

-----------------

T.A.MORRIS

WINNER

44 RE ME MARTIN BEXHILL EOIN ex MARINERS TOWN

OWNER D-m-d-h-syndicate
BREEDER Mr. Pearse O'Hagan

RUNNER UP

54 SHILLING COUNTRY CROSS COUNTRY ex CUSHIE MAG

OWNER Mr. Michael Williams
BREEDER Mrs. Ruth Codd
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 3:49 PM GMT
CHAMPION BITCH STAKE

WINNER

3 CLASS ATTRACTION JUDICIAL AFFAIR ex MOONVEEN ELLEN

OWNER Miss Elaine Guiney
BREEDER Mrs. Judy Mackey

RUNNER UP

(WITHDRAWN FROM FINAL)

7 QUALITY AND DASH BEXHILL EOIN ex CHUBBYS ACCORD

OWNER Mrs. Catherine O'Meara
BREEDER Mrs. Catherine O'Meara

---------------------

CHAMPION ALL-AGE

WINNER

4 MARCH IS ON TRAJECTORY ex DEDICATED

OWNER Mr. Daniel J. O'Connor & Mr. Patrick Fitzgerald
BREEDER Mr. Daniel J. O'Connor

RUNNER UP

5 MUCKY EAMONN BEXHILL EOIN ex SULLANE SIGN

OWNER Mr. Don Buckley & Mr. Gerard Buckley
BREEDER Mr. Christy Lucey

--------------------

THE OAKS

WINNER

43 SKELLIG BABE BOAVISTA ex MOUNTAIN GUEST

OWNER Mrs. Rose O'Driscoll
BREEDER Mr. Harry Findlay

RUNNER UP

4 CALL HER NOW BEXHILL EOIN ex CALL BIDDY

OWNER Mr. Patrick Mccarthy & Mr. John O'Keeffe
BREEDER Mr. Patrick Carrigy

------------------

The DERBY

WINNER

46 CENTRAL CITY BALLYMAC MAEVE EX BABY HAZEL

OWNER Mr. Brendan Duffy
BREEDER Mr. Erwin Birkmyre

RUNNER UP

20 KYLE RANGER MATT HYLAND ex BALLYORGAN

OWNER Mrs Marie Field
BREEDER Mr. James Bourke
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 5:32 PM GMT
By Diarmuid O'Flynn Irish Examiner

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

If you really want to know how your dog is doing in Clonmel there’s one guy you have to see – the clockman.

You’re up in the one of the two covered stands, or you’re one of those hardier souls lining the rails, and you see buckle after buckle, two hounds in magnificent pursuit of the hare, and some of those buckles are superb – Aghadown Martin and Derby Pines in the last course of the Derby yesterday, lead swapped several times, Aghadown just up at the finish. But, just how fast are those dogs? That’s where the clockman comes in.

Patsy Lynch, from Tralee, has been going to Clonmel since 1945 and has been on the stopwatch for more decades than he cares to remember – those are his ‘clocks’ that appear in this page. He gives us an insight into the science, because science it is.

"Many many years ago, when I was a youngster, there was one man here, a fella called Banna Jack McCarthy, from Ardfert but living in Dublin; he used to stand just below the stand, up on a tea-chest. I was only a youngfella catching dogs for my father, Dan Lynch; my father would go over to Banna Jack, and Banna Jack would say to him – ‘Dan, you have two lengths on the next fella,’ and he was nearly always right. I was wondering how he was able to tell that – it was all down to the watch."

It was enough to inspire young Patsy to follow suit; these days he’s one of the veterans of Clonmel, has his own designated ‘box’ (and it is just that, a timber box) just beside the pier of the wall in front of the self-same stand where Banna Jack used to stand. From there, Patsy has a clear and unobstructed view of the whole field, bottom to top – crucial, for any clockman. "In the matter of clocking, you must have a genuine flagman at the bottom of the hill, he’s 50% of the operation – my man is Tom Tanner from Clonakilty. He stands down near the start, across from the slips, he has a mark in the field beyond where the dogs come out and when they get to that mark, he drops the flag – I’m watching for that, and instantly start the stop-watch. I have a mark here on the field then — a dark patch out there on the run-up, and when the lead dog passes that, I hit the stopwatch again. I’ll keep it going then ‘til the hare makes the escape – that gives me the total time for the course. You need good reflexes for it all – I’m 78 years of age, but I reckon I still have it!"

The information that Patsy gathers, then, is crucial in deciding how all the individual dogs are going. And it’s not just about the straight time, though that is indeed hugely important; there’s also the total time of the hunt, and other little notations he has such as whether the winner came from behind to win, and the winning distance. If you like to take a punt, how valuable is all this information? How much more valuable, then, to the bookies themselves, the oddsmakers? "Every bookie has their own clockman," says Patsy, "Especially the fellas that are really into it — some might have two or three clockmen, maybe four or five at this meeting, placed at different locations up along the field, so they’d have a short clock, a medium clock and a long clock. They have to – look at the money that’s being gambled! If they don’t get it right, they won’t be here for long! From that information they can then tell the form dogs. What you’re looking for is consistency, the dog that will come up the first day and do, say, 12.50 (seconds), then come up again and again — six times if they get to the final — and do around that 12.50 every time. Master Myles did that in the Derby of 1978, the fastest dog that ever came up the field in Clonmel. But, if he comes up the first time and does that 12.50, then comes up again and does 12.90 or so – even if he wins, that dog isn’t going to win the Derby
Report magic md February 2, 2011 10:40 PM GMT
what a day!!! md tips oaks winner and runner up...advises to take on short priced derby fav. derby pines....advises to take on both short priced jolly's in both champion stakes also!! md is king of this forum me thinks!! back to the drawing board for kavvie and all the knockers me thinks!! but on a serious note fair play for every one who contributed on the thread during the season...lots of other sharp minds on here 2!!
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 2, 2011 11:16 PM GMT
We aint finished yet...roll on the Irish Cup
Report suck'emandsee February 2, 2011 11:40 PM GMT
Wow....What a day eh...Bet Coursing stud owners are a little uneasy tonight!!

Gotta be honest didn't see that coming went totally against the grain!!A 73 pound August track bred puppy... Fair play to the Duffy's a very shrewd purchase...Methinks The bexhill fee will be dropped!!Laugh
But you have to think this was a freak result and a poor derby!!

Skellig Babe was awesome...Just didn't have enough on to cover my losses this week!! Not a good week for the wallet!!Sad

A great week for crowds.. however the ICC better cop on or the numbers attending will drop...They have to sort out the slipping as it was shambolic...I'm not saying the Kyle dog would have won but Tom Murphy didn't exactly help his chances yesterday evening dropping them far too near the hare and Quinn wasn't much better...Far too inconsistent..also they have to do away with the dead heat rule..It's not punter friendly and more importantly it's not coursing friendly!! Fair play to the fields for running Kyle I can only think they must have thought they could beat a track bred pup despite what happened in the semi's...Obviously they didn't have him backed but I'd say on hindsight they regret it now...

Anyways roll on Galbally....
Report kavvie February 3, 2011 12:12 AM GMT
fair play to u md..good tipping..the admission gates were a shambles too..all the people with passes had to queue to one stile and a very long queue formed every day,while the other stiles had no queue at all?...why not take passes at every stile?..also id agree re the inconsistency of the slipping..just not fair on owners who have paid fortunes to get their dogs to powerstown..as for the crows!?!?..we wont go there..
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 3, 2011 12:10 PM GMT
Tom Higgins

CENTRAL CITY, a track-bred dog who had his first outing on a coursing field at East Donegal on New Years Day when he was a fourth reserve in a All-Aged Stake, and then went on to win his trial stake at Tubbercurry, was a surprise winner of the Boylesport.Com Derby at Clonmel yesterday.

A 16-1 chance before coursing on Monday, he was bought after his trial stake win from Dessie Gilroy and has since been trained by his new owner — Brian Duffy from Derry.

He won his quarter final in good style yesterday by four lengths against Coshair Magic, in a course in which he was the outsider and then accounted for Sound Pistol, who had created a major upset when putting out the Aghadown Martin in the quarter-final.

The favourite, Kyle Ranger, was very impressive at the top of the card when getting the better of Stephens Ray by eight lengths and then proved two and a half lengths faster than Needham Skill in the semi-final, but fell heavily twice after the turn.

It looked as if there was going to be no final, but Mrs Marie Field decided to let her charge take his chance in the decider. The falls, however, told against him and he was easily beaten.

The O’Driscolls from, Glanmire, Co. Cork had a great meeting. They brought four greyhounds to the meeting and all were in the money. However the crowning glory was Skellig Babe’s success in the Greyhound & Pet World Oaks. This was Tim’s prime fancy before the stake began and, in addition, his Skellig Mania also reached the last eight - going out to Call Her Now in the semi-final.

Skellig Babe, who took the trial stake at Johnstown and Urlingford, won her quarter-final against Windfarm Swift and then had a four lengths to spare over Ocean Tolula in the semi-final. In the final Skellig Babe, trained in Skibbereen, by Denis O’Driscoll, who had sent out Mountain Guest to win the Oaks (2006) and Big Fellow Thanks to take the Derby (1999), took control from the start to take the turn by four lengths from Call Her Now.

There was no final in the Grace Bruton Champion Bitch Stake as Class Attraction, the property of Miss Elaine Guiney of Meelin, Co. Cork was declared the winner. The gambled on Quality And Dash had to be withdrawn after being heavily run in her semi-final with Notindispute.

The winner is trained by Elaine’s father, Con, who will be hoping to make it a unique double with Mellin hurlers in the All-Ireland Junior Hurling Championship at Croke Park on February 13th.

The final of the Classic Club All-Aged Stake was won in a tremendous style by D. J. O’Connor and Patrick Fitzgerald’s (Scartaglen & Glin) March Is On who got the better of Don and Gerard Buckley’s (Macroom) Mucky Eamonn by a half a length.

There were two Cork successes in the minor stakes. The Norris-Horgan-Treacy Syndicate from Mitchelstown took the Spirit of Mischief Stake with Chiang Mia when she raced away from Townpark Best to have five lengths to spare at the turn, while the Tom Spillane’s (Bantry) owned and trained Gurteen Oscar had a length and half to spare of Paddy ‘The Ironman From Rhode’ McCormack’s Cannaill Shop in the Keen Laddie Stakes decider.
Report DECALEC February 4, 2011 12:43 AM GMT
anaglogs if theres any links to events in powerstown can you post them thanks DEC
Report jadesdillemma February 6, 2011 12:28 AM GMT
well lads end of another great few days in clonmel hope everyone made few quid sum great buckles over the 3 days fantastic atmosphere on course and later on in the pubs must say thought the bars were very busy;was delighted 4 dan and mary o connor with march is on proved how good a dog he is in champion stakes for con and elaine guiney great coursing people with class attraction who was just superp in champion bitch hope con had touch. what about the oaks winner wasnt she fantastic?subbose the derby final was a bit of an anti climax but fck didnt he run great 4 a track dog tough as hell was sorry 4 connections of kyle as it would hav been great final even do i still tink central would have won.congratulations 2 connections of all winners and roll on clonmel 2012 cant wait:::::
Report Mickie D February 6, 2011 5:16 PM GMT
anyone at duleek today
Report DEBOOKIEBOY. February 6, 2011 6:08 PM GMT
Duleek results on greyhoundnuts.com
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 8, 2011 11:40 AM GMT
Tipperary & District Draw

Saturday & Sunday 12th & 13th February

Judge: Liam Kelly Slipper: Denis Crowley

Start 11.30am sharp both days

Saturday: Start with Champion Bitch Stake. Twice through Champion Bitch Stake, Lattin & Emly Stake and Armshaw Champion Puppy Stake. Once through All Age Cup.

Sunday: Start with Glengar Stake, Oola Stake, Working Members Stake and complete card.

Armshaw Champion Puppy Stake

HELENS JET DROOPYS SAUNDERS ex LISCAHANE
COOGA BLUE BOY FIERY DALE BLUE BOY ex POSITIVE START

ISHEBIZZI MATT HYLAND ex LOCHBO POLLY
FIONNTRA BOBBY MATT HYLAND ex DENMANIA
Late: CAUGHT INFLUX

BARBERS BLUE JANEY MAC AROO ex SLIEVEROE LADY
DROOPYS BABS JANEY MAC AROO ex DROOPYS SCOTCH

MURTYS RETURN MURTYS BLAZE ex MILTON MAGIC
AVANUE ANDO ESHWARY ANDO ex KNOCKING DOLLY

KIERANS DANCER RAZOR ASHMORE ex TANGO TIME
KNOCKBRACK EOIN BEXHILL EOIN ex DENHAM BLONDE

FLEETWOOD DAN BOHERDUFF LIGHT ex LONGVALLEY GINA
MUSIC MAESTRO MUSICAL TIME ex SKELLIG SPRING

PAY ME BEXHILL EOIN ex UPTOWN SMURF
CALL ME MARK GALWAY MARK ex SABRINA PHAIR

ARDEA VIEW ASHMORE VIEW ex TRAJECTORY
DANEMA BLUES PRETTY TOUCH ex FLOW AND RETURN

Reserves: (A) MARIO STREET:(B) DRESDEN CALL:: (C) DEXATAFF: (D) DA GOW

--------------------------

All Age Cup

GIFTED HERO BEXHILL EOIN ex GIBRALTAR
Late: PACO EL POCERO
MILESIAN SON MATT HYLAND ex SCATTERY MAC

ALARM TIME MUSICAL TIME ex CALL UP
KILLUCAN RIVER DROOPYS CAESAR ex DALE LEGEND
Late: DALE SUNAMI

UPOURDAT ASHMORE VIEW ex COOGA MOLL
CURIOUS MAN TRAJECTORY ex BEST VIEW

RIO INFERNO CILLOWEN RETURN ex FIERY MAID
BLUEBIRD BOYO BAR TIME ex BALLYEGAN LAURA
Late: BALLYDORGAN BOY

SPLODGE MOUNTEDEN GUEST ex CAOIMHES DILEMMA
CHANCEY EOIN BEXHILL EOIN ex CHUBBYS OG

BLAME THE JUDGE BEXHILL EOIN ex LIOSARINN CHORUS
Late: DUNSILLY PSYCHO
CLONEEN TIPOKI CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex CLODIAGH STUN

WHEEL OF TIME BEXHILL EOIN ex SOFT RAIN
AHANAGRAN SNOW CASTLE PINES ex SARUJE

FLOATING RAIN CILLOWEN RETURN ex SMOKEY EURO
BRIDEWELL FAWN MATT HYLAND ex TEQUILA LADY

Reserves (a) BALLYCASEY:(b) MILLBRIDGE EOIN: (c) JOSHS JEWEL: (d) GINGERBREAD LAD

-----------------

Champion Bitch Stake

GILLOGUE JESS CRAFTY HUGO ex TEQUILA SUNSHINE
GLENBEG LUCY WILTON TIME ex PIMPERS PARADISE

SIMPLES COURT HOUSE ex SIMPLIU
BOYNESIDE SUE BEXHILL EOIN ex MARINERS SUSIE

FOUND IN OOLA MUSICAL TIME ex BEST VIEW
OILEAN MYSTIC DROOPYS CAESAR ex OILEAN DANCER

NORFOLK NANCY BEXHILL EOIN ex GALBALLY ROSE
LA MADRINA MATT HYLAND ex VACUME INN

DELIGHTFUL SAMI WHY TANYARDMOON ex BROWN ELLEN
SONAS AMBER CASTLE PINES ex WHY TANYARD BLA

SLICK SNOWY MURTYS GANG ex MAURICES PEARL
FLANKERS STREAM MUSICAL TIME ex FLANKERS STREET

MARYS LADY RAZOR ASHMORE ex TANGO TIME
GRADING BUBBLES JUDICIAL AFFAIR ex RAINSTORM

KITTYS WAY RAZOR ASHMORE ex TANGO TIME
HIGHLAND BROOK EOIN RUA ex HIGHLAND MOON

GINGERBREAD LADY TULLAMORE ex VACUME RUNAWAY
FAWN OF INAGH CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex FIRE OF INAGH

BECK ROW HYLAND MATT HYLAND ex CUDHAM SPECKS
LUCAN MAJESTI C JANEY MAC AROO ex LUCAN DIVA

TWO FOOLS BALLYMAC MAEVE ex THREE FOOLS
TRIBUNAL TALENT CASTLE PINES ex TRIBUNAL JEWEL

PROLIFIC ARTIST TYNWALD SMOKEY ex TARMAC QUEEN
SUMMERFIELD BEX BEXHILL EOIN ex SILENT BEAUTY

ASGOODASGOLD JANEY MAC AROO ex FORT LADY
BLOMINGBEAUTIFUL ASHMORE VIEW ex SPECKLED WOOD

CAOIMHES CHILL CASTLE PINES ex CAOIMHES SUSIE
TROMORA DARKIE MATT HYLAND ex DENHAM DARKIE
Late: DENHAM BLACKIE

CLOGHER ROAD JANEY MAC AROO ex JERU
MANNIX AND MORE TRAJECTORY ex ONLY MESSING

LATEST ACTION ESHWARY ANDO ex KNOCKING DOLLY
NUT GROVE BALLYMAC MAEVE ex THREE FOOLS

Reserves : KILLENAULE QUEEN: SCARTVIEW LAURA: ROYAL ROCK: COOGA AOIFE
Report snap crackle and pop February 10, 2011 6:20 PM GMT
Hello lads, just after getting my laptop back from being repaired today. Had been broken since the coursing at Clonmel!! What a great Oaks winner Skellig Babe was, and what a tough Derby winner Central City was. Had a ggod bet on Class Attraction to win Champion Bitch Stake but unfortunately there was no final, she would have won too!!CryCryCryCry March Is On looked a top class dog and will take all the beating in the Irish Cup imo. Well done on your win MD!!
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 13, 2011 6:19 PM GMT
TIPPERARY RESULTS

ARMSHAW CHAMPION PUPPY STAKE

Winner: FLEETWOOD DON

R Up: DROOPYS BABS

-------------

ALL AGE CUP

Winner: CHANCEY EOIN

R Up: ALARM TIME

CHAMPION BITCH STAKE

Winner: CLOGHER ROAD

R Up: NORFOLK NANCY

LATTIN & EMLY STAKE

Winner: STAR CHASER

R Up: GEORGE THE BOY
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 16, 2011 12:46 PM GMT
With less than two weeks to go to the 2011 running of the JP McManus Irish Cup at Limerick Racecourse, indications are that there will be another splendid mix of All Aged and Pups for not just the Irish Cup but also for the Patsy Byrne All Age Bitch Stake.

Owners/trainers are reminded that entries for all stakes at this meeting will close on Wednesday (Feb 16th).

The draw for the JP McManus Irish Cup will take place in the Woodlands House Hotel on Sunday next, 20th February, at 8pm.

Immediately after the draw on Sunday night, the County Limerick Coursing Club will hold a preview of the 2011 Irish Cup. Bookmaker Berkie Browne will be on hand to issue the first complete set of prices and he will be joined on the panel by Sean Doyle, Harry Ryan and John Field.
So if you want your Irish Cup card marked don’t miss the Woodlands next Sunday night at 8pm.
All are welcome.
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 21, 2011 3:36 PM GMT
J.P.McManus Irish Cup

Kerry Call  5/1 
  Mucky Eamon  6/1 
  Kyle Basil  6/1 
  Derby Pines  8/1 
  Central Creator  9/1 
  Bexhill Brian  10/1 
  High And Mighty  10/1 
  Brazing Serpent  10/1 
  Tynwald Stuart  10/1 
  Kerry Calling  12/1 
  Discipline  12/1 
  Central Mentor  12/1 
  Chelsea Speed  16/1 
  Killimor Matey  16/1 
  Aghadown Martin  16/1 
  Re Me Martin  16/1 
  Drive On Guest  16/1 
  Captain Dru  20/1 
  Ashmore Lucky  20/1 
  Windfarm Eiscir  20/1 
  Boomtown Hotshot  20/1 
  Likely Treble  20/1 
  Caesar Music  20/1 
  Wallace Chief  25/1 
  Auld Stock  25/1 
  Lochbo Chuck  25/1 
  Cryptic Rebel  25/1 
  Small Bit Gone  25/1 
  Kyle King  25/1 
  Kilpeacon Ash  33/1 
  Colossal Storm  33/1 
  Borrowed Blue  33/1 
  Since Kyabram  33/1 
  Tullamoy King  33/1 
  Johnpamike  33/1 
  Chinook Hyland  33/1 
  Crafty Hippo  33/1 
  Highland Harbour  33/1 
  Moot Point  33/1 
  Dodo Deal  33/1 
  Kilbeacanty Hill  33/1 
  Cool Storm  50/1 
  Graigues Eclipse  50/1 
  Bright Engine  50/1 
  Carrigmore Heart  50/1 
  Ballyfeard Boy  50/1 
  Tubbermartin Lad  50/1 
  Oilean Fantasy  50/1 
  Killeagh Slippy  50/1 
  Bridewell Crafty  50/1 
  Fawn Master  50/1 
  Sandyman Bolt  50/1 
  Chancey Soprano  50/1 
  Woodenstown Bob  50/1 
  Darkeyed Sailor  50/1 
  Homestead Kerry  66/1 
  Cunnigar Cuan  66/1 
  Claddagh Hight  66/1 
  Marshals Safari  66/1 
  Daniel Finnian  66/1 
  Castlemartyr Law  66/1 
  Aristo Emperor  66/1 
  Ballyverry Buck  66/1 
  Millroad George  66/1
Report Anaglogs Daughter February 21, 2011 3:38 PM GMT
Patsy Byrne Bitch Stake

Class Attraction  3/1 
  Newinn All In  3/1 
  Windfarm Swift  6/1 
  Not In Dispute  6/1 
  Leigh Countess  6/1 
  Lyrics  6/1 
  Go Nina  8/1 
  Skellig Time  8/1 
  Flowerofthelaune  8/1 
  Whytanyard Ash  8/1 
  Party Flamingo  10/1 
  Chillax Gabrielle  10/1 
  Kilcummin Lady  10/1 
  Lets Sing Along  12/1 
  Sunbeam Blitz  12/1 
  Gentle Angel  12/1 
  Kingsmill Pearl  12/1 
  Lochbo Ruby  16/1 
  Highland Glow  16/1 
  Vacume Onmyway  20/1 
  Skellig Side  20/1 
  Kerching  20/1 
  Uptown Rebel  20/1 
  Cooga Aoife  20/1 
  Cheltenham Star  20/1 
  Delightful Mark  25/1 
  Tullamoy Queen  25/1 
  Crafty Frazello  25/1 
  All Aboard  25/1 
  Lucan Glory  25/1 
  Blooming Beautiful  25/1 
  Intense Focus  25/1
Report BJG February 21, 2011 3:43 PM GMT
Judge: Tom Lawlor
Slipper:Richie Quinn

Slips 11.30am.

FRIDAY:
1st round of JP McManus Irish Cup/1st round of Greyhound & Pet Worlds Inter Club Champion Working Members Stake. INTERVAL. 1st round of Woodlands House Hotel Irish Purse/2nd round of Greyhound & Pet Worlds Inter Club Champion Working Members Stake.

SATURDAY
2nd round of JP McManus Irish Cup/first round of Patsy Byrnes Select Champion Bitch Stake/2nd round Woodlands House Hotel Irish Purse. INTERVAL. 3rd round JP McManus Irish Cup/second round Patsy Byrnes Select Champion Bitch Stake/1st round Bill Chawkes Irish Plate.

SUNDAY
First round Earl of Dunraven Kilgobbin Stake/third round Greyhound & Pet Worlds Inter Club Champion Working Members Stake/1st round Kyle James Puppy Stake/3rd round Patsy Byrne Select All Age Bitch Stake/3rd round Woodlands House Hotel Irish Purse/2nd round Bill Chawke Irish Plate/4th round JP McManus Irish Cup. INTERVAL/All semi-finals. INTERVAL. Finals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
THE IRISH CUP

1 KILPEACON ASH BEXHILL EOIN ex MOON TOP
2 WOODENSTOWN BOBBEXHILL EOIN ex PRINCESS TOWN

3 HOMESTEAD KERRY CASTLE PINES ex GOLD SUNRISE
4 DERBY PINES CASTLE PINES ex CAOIMHES SUSIE

5 COLOSSAL STORM CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex LANTERN GIRL
6 COOL STORM MUSICAL TIME ex COOLAVANNY STORM

7 CAPTAIN DRU BEXHILL EOIN ex LONGVIEW CIARA
8 CUNNIGAR CUAN BEXHILL EOIN ex HONEST EYES

9 CHELSEA SPEED MURTYS BLAZE ex CHELSEA GIRL
10 DARKEYED SAILOR ASHMORE VIEW ex UPTOWN SMURF

11 MUCKY EAMONN BEXHILL EOIN ex SULLANE SIGN
12 BORROWED BLUE SALEEN KNIGHT ex A BIG ASK

13 GRAIGUES ECLIPSE BEXHILL EOIN ex GRAIGUE CASCADE
14 KYLE BASIL MATT HYLAND ex RITH GAN GAISCE

15 WALLACE CHIEF MULTIBET ex CARRICK CANDY
16 CLADDAGH HIGHT MATT HYLAND ex DALTONS HERESAY

17 CENTRAL CREATOR TRAJECTORY ex WAKE UP KATE
18 KILLIMOR MATEY BEXHILL EOIN ex GRAIGUE CASCADE

19 MARSHALS SAFARI BE OVER QUICK ex MARSHALS CHELSEA
20 AGHADOWN MARTIN MATT HYLAND ex LOCHBO POLLY

21 RE ME MARTIN BEXHILL EOIN ex MARINERS TOWN
Late: BUA MARTIN
22 SINCE KYABRAM MATT HYLAND ex GARVAN GROOVY

23 AULD STOCK BEXHILL EOIN ex UPTOWN SMURF
24 BEXHILL BRIAN BEXHILL EOIN ex VACUME HONEY

25 TULLAMOY KING TYNWALD SMOKEY ex TULLAMOY LADY
26 DANIEL FINNIAN DROOPYS CAESAR ex GIVEITTOPADDY

27 LOCHBO CHUCK LOCHBO BUTCH ex MOON PHASE
28 CRYPTIC REBEL TRAJECTORY ex NORWOOD COUNTESS

29 DRIVE ON GUEST WHY TANYARDMOON ex MOUNTAIN GUEST
30 JONPAMIKE TRAJECTORY ex JUDGEMENT

31 KERRY CALL JANEY MAC AROO ex CALL UP
32 CHINOOK HYLAND MATT HYLAND ex PARTY VICTORY

33 CASTLEMARTYR LAW MUCKLE MEG ex CABLE SAL
34 CRAFTY HIPPO MOUNTEDEN GUEST ex CRAFTY ARUBO

35 BRIGHT ENGINE ASHMORE VIEW ex WHY TANYARD JANE
36 KERRY CALLING JANEY MAC AROO ex CALL UP

37 CARRIGMORE HEART CARRIGMORE BECKS ex FAST LOSER
38 ASHMORE LUCKY BEXHILL EOIN ex CARRICK SAM

39 DISCIPLINE MURTYS GANG ex INCREDIBLE
40 ARISTO EMPEROR BEXHILL EOIN ex ARISTO KID

41 WINDFARM EISCIR BEXHILL EOIN ex WINDFARM LADY
42 SMALL BIT GONE BEXHILL EOIN ex WINDFARM LADY
Late: NARRA

43 BALLYFEARD BOY BEXHILL EOIN ex SULLANE SIGN
44 BALLYVERRY BUCK JANEY MAC AROO ex TANYARD BEAUTY

45 HIGHLAND HARBOUR CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex CLODIAGH STUN
46 CAESAR MUSIC DROOPYS CAESAR ex MORE MUSIC

47 HIGH AND MIGHTY BEXHILL EOIN ex HOLLYHILL BLONDE
48 BOOMTOWN HOTSHOT MATT HYLAND ex BALLYORGAN

49 TUBBERMARTIN LAD ASHMORE VIEW ex ELDORADO
50 OILEAN FANTASY CASTLE PINES ex DUARIGLE DEE

51 BRAZING SERPENT TULLAMORE ex LEIGH SHADOW
52 KILLEAGH SLIPPY CASTLE PINES ex VACUME LADY
Late: SPUR PINES

53 MOOT POINT MATT HYLAND ex MISS PRESTON
54 BRIDEWELL CRAFTY CRAFTY HUGO ex TEQUILA SUNSHINE

55 KYLE KING KYLE JAMES ex BALLYBEG FANCY
56 CHANCEY SOPRANO TRAJECTORY ex CHUBBYS ACCORD

57 TYNWALD STUART TULLAMORE ex VACUME RUNAWAY
58 DODO DEAL WINDFARM ex REEKIE DAISY

59 LIKELY TREBLE MANIC MOVER ex STOP YAWNING
60 MAILROAD GEORGE CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex LANTERN GIRL

61 FAWNS MASTER MULTIBET ex MOAT ELSA
62 CENTRAL MENTOR BEXHILL EOIN ex CHUBBYS OG

63 KILBEACANTY HILL BEXHILL EOIN ex GIBRALTAR
64 SANDYMAN BOLT DROOPYS SAUNDERS ex LEES FRIEND

Reserves : (A) HIM OVER THERE: (B) FORMCRIOR WALLY: (C) LISLOOSE EOIN: (D) CITY DEAL: (E) KYLE TANYARD: (F)TOAST MASTER
------------------------------------------------------------------
Select All Age Bitch Stake

1 DELIGHTFUL MARK DROOPYS SAUNDERS ex BRATS DELIGHT
2 LETS SING ALONG BEXHILL EOIN ex MASITA

3 GO NINA MATT HYLAND ex RITH GAN GAISCE CLASS
4 ATTRACTION JUDICIAL AFFAIR ex MOONVEEN ELLEN
Late: MOONVEEN LADY

5 SKELLIG TIME MUSICAL TIME ex SKELLIG SPRING
6 NOTINDISPUTE BEXHILL EOIN ex CHUBBYS ACCORD

7 VACUME ONMYWAY BEXHILL EOIN ex VACUME RUNAWAY
8 PARTY FLAMINGO MATT HYLAND ex PARTY VICTORY

9 TULLAMOY QUEEN TYNWALD SMOKEY ex TULLAMOY LADY
10 WINDFARM SWIFT WINDFARM ex REEKIE DAISY
Late: FLAGFIELD SWIFT

11 CRAFTY FRAZELLO CASTLE PINES ex CRAFTY SIROKO
12 LOCHBO RUBY BEXHILL EOIN ex LOCHBO KATIE

13 FLOWEROFTHELAUNE BEXHILL EOIN ex LIOSARINN CHORUS
14 SKELLIG SIDE MOUNTEDEN GUEST ex RITH GAN GAISCE

15 KERCHING BEXHILL EOIN ex GALBALLY ROSE
16 UPTOWN REBEL BEXHILL EOIN ex UPTOWN SMURF

17 WHY TANYARD ASH BEXHILL EOIN ex WHY TANYARD JANE
18 CHILLAX GABRIELA BEXHILL EOIN ex MASITA

19 COOGA AOIFE DALE BLUE BOY ex POSITIVE START
20 ALL ABOARD TRAJECTORY ex CILLOWEN CALL

21 LUCAN GLORY BEXHILL EOIN ex ARDNALEE ORLA
22 KILCUMMIN LADY CASTLE PINES ex BILLA OG

23 CHELTENHAM STAR WILTON TIME ex EVESHAM STAR
24 BLOMINGBEAUTIFUL ASHMORE VIEW ex SPECKLED WOOD

25 SUNBEAM BLITZ BEXHILL EOIN ex GRAIGUE CASCADE
26 GENTLE ANGEL MATT HYLAND ex KILDONOGUE LASS

27 LEIGH COUNTESS MUSICAL TIME ex LEIGH SHADOW
28 LYRICS MUSICAL TIME ex BEST VIEW

29 NEWINN ALL IN JUDICIAL AFFAIR ex FLASHY BEAU
30 INTENSE FOCUS WHY TANYARDMOON ex MOUNTAIN GUEST

31 KINGSMILL PEARL MULTIBET ex FIVE TO THREE
32 HIGHLAND GLOW CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex CLODIAGH STUN

Reserves : (A) BABY SASHA: (B) HOLLYOAK SCOTCH: (C) PLOUGH AND STARS: (D) LOTUS STORM
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Champion Working Members Stake

1 ARANMORE JET ASTRONOMIC ex ASHEN BYWAY
2 FAHA STAR BALLYMAC MAEVE ex GOLDMINE JACKSON

3 WINTER TIME JANEY MAC AROO ex ARDNALEE ORLA
4 STEVES SENTINEL HONDO BLACK ex CORPORATE GROUP

5 EQUAL EXCHANGE NINGBO JACK ex BINGO LAST NIGHT
6 LOUIS LEGEND BALLYMAC MAEVE ex CLASH QUICKSTEP
Late: BABY BALL HAYES

7 BENEFIT OFPORTER GRAIGUES SHADOW ex IMAGINE THIS
8 ASHWOOD KEWELL DROOPYS KEWELL ex ASHWOOD MAXI

9 AMYVILLE BOSS JESCEDA LAD ex OMEGA BET
10 FAT PADDY WESTMEAD HAWK ex TUNES PRIDE

11 SWITCH ON BERTIE CASTLE PINES ex VACUME LADY
Late: SHINING BERTIE
12 GOLDANDQUALITY BEXHILL EOIN ex QUALITYANDGOLD

13 GLANMORE AUSTIN CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex FIRE OF INAGH
14 FRONT RANK MATT HYLAND ex VALENTIA SINGER

15 DEMUR BOHERDUFF LIGHT ex HAM RAM
16 TRIONAS STAR DROOPYS VIERI ex TRIONAS CHOICE

17 KILBREEDY DEAL MATT HYLAND ex ARDMAYLE SAIORSE
18 HIDDEN VILLAGE BALLYMAC MAEVE ex THREE FOOLS
Late: UPTOWN DICKY

19 FORT SPECIAL JANEY MAC AROO ex FORT LADY
20 RHUTA ROCK TRAJECTORY ex TOWN OF FORM

21 MASTER STAR MURTYS GANG ex MAURICES PEARL
22 NOELLES HERO PREMIER FANTASY ex NOELLES MAGICO

23 ROADSTONE FLYER MATT HYLAND ex SCATTERY MAC
24 BLUE SCOLARI DROOPYS SCOLARI ex SUES MAD MOMENT

25 ISAACSTOWN LADY JANEY MAC AROO ex SLIEVEROE LADY
26 BACK TO SHANNON TOP HONCHO ex CHUBBYS SURPRISE

27 ART ANGEL DROOPYS SAUNDERS ex COMEONBALLYMAC
28 KYLEA SNOW FLAKE CILLOWEN HARBOUR ex FIRE OF INAGH

29 JEFFYS RETURN BEXHILL EOIN ex JEFFYS TOCAS
30 LOBNAMNA VIEW ESHWARY ANDO ex MOYVANE VIEW

31 AUTOGRASS LADY CASTLE PINES ex BARRACK JOY
32 KILLOCRIM QUEEN TRAJECTORY ex OLDFIELD QUEEN

Reserves : (A) BRESKA ROVERS: (B) BLACKABBEY ROSE
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Earl Of Dunraven Kilgobbin Stakes

1 FOXHALL RIO BEXHILL EOIN ex UPTOWN SMURF
2 BLACKBOY JACK COURT HOUSE ex COOGA ANNIE

3 KILLEAGH HARRY MUSICAL TIME ex CHELSEA GIRL
Late: TURNING TIDE
4 CLERIHAN PADDY JANEY MAC AROO ex DALTONS HERESAY

5 CANTALACH COCAIM DROOPYS SAUNDERS ex FIERY MARY
6 GLENMORGAN LADY BE OVER QUICK ex COMMANCHE SUE

7 GLENFENNEL HILLTOWN ex FLOW AND RETURN
8 RHUTA BRIDGE JUDICIAL BEST ex BEAUFORT BRIDGE

Reserves : (A) KING TOSCA
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyle Kames Puppy Stake

1 FOUNDATION STONE CASTLE PINES ex BILLA OG
2 ASHMORE TURBO BEXHILL EOIN ex CARRICK SAM

3 BALLYHILL SELES BALLYMAC MAEVE ex BABY HAZEL
4 NORDAN BEXHILL EOIN ex BALLYBRACK MAY

5 UPTOWN DON BEXHILL EOIN ex THREE FOOLS
6 SHINING TOBY MUCKLE MEG ex CABLE SAL

7 SHANEBOY APOLLO SHANEBOY DAZ ex SHANEBOY DIANNA
8 CONFIDENT MARVIN CASTLE PINES ex WHY TANYARDKITTY

Reserves : (A) FLEETWOOD DON: (B) ISHEBIZZI
Report GLASGOWCALLING February 21, 2011 4:08 PM GMT
HELLO LADS, IS THERE ANY WORD ON KYLE RANGER, I KNOW HE HAD THOSE BAD TUMBLES IN THE SEMIS , JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW IF HE WAS OK.  ALSO I SEE THE GADGET GIRL NOT ENTERED, ANY INFO, THANKS GLASGOW. Cool
Report BJG February 22, 2011 6:50 PM GMT
Are Boyles the only ones priced up??
Report magic md February 22, 2011 8:05 PM GMT
am staying in adare on friday and saturday nite with the missus for the Irish cup.....was wondering if this new limerick dog track is worth a visit?? or do all bookies really bet to 250% books down there like has been mentioned on this thread before....??
Report BJG February 22, 2011 9:07 PM GMT
Definitely worth a visit - u wont be gettin 10/1 the fieldGrin but they are nt as bad as they used to be to be fair 

Anyone have any thoughts on Chelsea Speed for the IC??
Report magic md February 22, 2011 9:14 PM GMT
must go in there friday or saturday night so....chelsea speed has about as much a chance of winning the Irish cup as scooby doo has.....the one i am really keen on is ashmore lucky....this is a very pacey hound and could take a fair bit of stopping imo
Report BJG February 22, 2011 9:23 PM GMT
20,000 EURO REWARD ...for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the injury and suffering of the hare released on video by Association of Hunt Saboteurs, alleging to be at Powerstown Park, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary on February 2010.

The hare in this video, which was released on the youtube website eight weeks following the National Meeting, is clearly restrained with a wire or thin cord, and appears to be convulsing. Closer inspection will show the hare is trying to escape from being restrained, and is possibly partly sedated or poisoned. Claims are made this video was taken during the third day of the National Coursing Meeting, February 3, 2010, but due to the constant presence of paddock stewards/other personnel, and other related details, this is extremely unlikely. A break-in to the hare park prior to the National Meeting was previously reported to the Gardai. The Gardai at Clonmel are currently investigating this act of cruelty. The Irish Coursing Club unreservedly condemns the maltreatment of this hare. We strongly urge anyone with relevant information to come forward on whoever perpetrated this act of cruelty to discredit coursing.

Some cnuts around!

Anyway should be a decent card at Limk Saturday night - think the oaks is startin

Will be havin a few bob on Chelsea anyway, wont break the bank - will save on Scooby Doo just incase - mite nt be able to make it down friday, tis 50/50 - definitely be in Saturday tho!
Report SatelliteFlight February 22, 2011 9:26 PM GMT
That Oaks does start Saturday night, its a good field too [;)]
Report magic md February 22, 2011 9:27 PM GMT
will wait til saturday nite to head in there so.....maybe u cud mark my card for me bjg...
Report jadesdillemma February 23, 2011 10:49 PM GMT
magic n others who do ye fancy in champion bitch stake spoilsports made sum mistake with 1 of there prices ere
Report magic md February 23, 2011 10:53 PM GMT
mistake on which 1 jades?
Report BJG February 23, 2011 10:56 PM GMT
Intense Focus imo??
Report jadesdillemma February 23, 2011 10:57 PM GMT
curly donovan bitch intense focus they went 25 shud be 5s max i no she meeting new inn in 1st but shud beat her this is a good lady
Report jadesdillemma February 23, 2011 10:58 PM GMT
gum man bjg u hit the nail on the head
Report magic md February 23, 2011 11:02 PM GMT
hadn't even been looking at the betting for either comp. out there yet tbh. surely a massive error.....did any one get on at this price?? personally i can't see her getting within 3 lengths of newinn all in tho
Report jadesdillemma February 23, 2011 11:04 PM GMT
new in is in season even if she was rite id say intense wud beat her there wud b no betting going on galbally
Report magic md February 23, 2011 11:09 PM GMT
class attraction wud be my idea of the winner of it....only had 2 runs up clonmel....think she is the one they all have to beat
Report jadesdillemma February 23, 2011 11:18 PM GMT
no doubt bout dat magic i tink they both can go 2 the final just saying 25s was crazy
Report magic md February 23, 2011 11:20 PM GMT
did u get some of the 25s jades?
Report Gone To Slips February 23, 2011 11:29 PM GMT
They also made the Lucan bitch 25s...huge price i thought.
Report jadesdillemma February 23, 2011 11:36 PM GMT
i did and 16 and 12 backed 2 win bout 17000
Report BJG February 25, 2011 1:16 PM GMT
Kilpeacon Ash 10.95
Derby Pines 10.76
Cool Storm 10.98
Captain Dru 10.80
Chelsea Speed 10.65
Mucky Eamonn 10.90 (B)
Kyle Basil 10.75
Him Over There (Res A) 10.85
Killimor Matey 10.81
Aghadown Martin N/C
Since Kyabram 10.99
Bexhill Brian 10.80
Tullamoy King 10.75
Cryptic Rebel N/C
Drive On Guest 10.90
Formcrier Wally (Res B) 10.69
Castlemartyr Law 11.00
Kerry Calling 10.95
Ashmore Lucky 10.90
Lisloose Eoin (Res C) 10.72
Windfarm Eiscir 10.93
Ballyfeard Boy 10.98
Caesar Music 10.68
High and Mighty N/C
Tubbermartin Lad 10.83
Brazing Serpent 10.79
Moot Point 10.80
Kyle King 10.83
Tynwald Stuart 10.86
Likely Treble 10.88
Fawns Mastr 10.85
Sandyman Bolt 10.83

Scooby Doo woulda been proud Devil
Report never give up February 25, 2011 1:33 PM GMT
Laugh
Report magic md February 25, 2011 3:34 PM GMT
LOL bjg!!! still can't see him winning it to b honest!! lisloose eoin getting in as a reserve has scuppered ashmore luckys chances now me thinks!! not sure how accurate those clocks are either because the slipping varied a lot this morning
Report magic md February 25, 2011 5:03 PM GMT
i hate to be critical of coursing kavvie but i found it to be poor enough out ther today mate.....no atmosphere at all....no top class dog....and inconsistent slipping...that field just was never ment for coursing imo....
Report kavvie February 25, 2011 6:06 PM GMT
i always say that every year...its not meant for coursing!!...ill go sun but its only a pale comparison of clonmel..tho who ever wins it and the big cheque wont mind too much?!?
Report magic md February 26, 2011 5:42 PM GMT
scooby doo all the way me thinks bjg!!LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report snap crackle and pop February 27, 2011 9:48 PM GMT
Bit of an anti climax to the whole year there today I thought with no final even taking place. Seemed to be very little betting going on there. Derby Pines was a deserving winner though imo. All over now for another year!! Until Kilflynn and Liscannor next September!! The countdown is on[:D]
Report kavvie February 28, 2011 10:51 AM GMT
was drinking with a bookie who stood there...he made 3.5 k which wasnt bad!!
Report never give up February 28, 2011 12:55 PM GMT
which bookie was it
Report kavvie February 28, 2011 1:10 PM GMT
id rather not say ..
Report never give up February 28, 2011 1:56 PM GMT
ok
Report BJG February 28, 2011 6:40 PM GMT
Which one of ye was tryin to get on in de Lads Saturday Devil

Chap with a black cap and shades - was Seethin - was tryin to get a wad on but u can have x amount at ur price and the rest at sp

Dunno wat he was backin, started roarin at em askin em if they were bookies or wat!

Hope he cleaned em out Cool
Report snap crackle and pop February 28, 2011 7:01 PM GMT
Think he is on this forum BJG!!!![;)][;)][;)]
Report BJG February 28, 2011 7:03 PM GMT
Was thinkin so Mischief
Report magic md February 28, 2011 7:54 PM GMT
wonder who that was lads?????
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539