Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Doyler1987
24 Jul 10 12:14
| Topic/replies: 5,375 | Blogger: Doyler1987's blog
Very difficult to access Monaghan v Kildare and Louth v Dublin because you just dont know what mindset Monaghan and Louth are in after being beaten in the provincial finals.

Monaghan got a right thumping off Tyrone but they wouldnt be the first team to bounce back having suffered the big freeze on final day, Wexford did it after losing to Dublin, Kildare did it after losing to Dublin too, its only a 6 day turnaround though so you'd have to question if they'll arrive in good spirits. Kildare are coming off the back of a good win against Derry in Derry and seem to be improving with every game. IMO they are totally a second half side and if say 2pts down at HT that wouldnt be a worry to me at all. Very hard to have bet until you see the teams in the first 10mins and how Monaghan are, in running will be the way forward IMO. But Kildare to win in the end (I'm bias Love). If they continue with the slow starts we could see an early flip flop - but Monaghan could be shot after last weekend so thats a risky betting plan.

Louth are in a far worse position than Monaghan, they were robbed obviously and their heads could be easily shot to pieces. Or they could come out trying to prove a point. Again you just dont know until you see them. On another angle, Louth could come out playing well, be a few points up - the ref gives a soft free/yellow card, or Dublin score a goal in front of the Hill, and Louth suddenly think here we go again the whole world hates us. They really have to be weak enough mentally after what happened. Dublin are no great shakes though, but they have been winning and while not looking good theyre still getting the job done so its hard enough to slate them. In running to see what Louth are like, but Dublin to win for me in the end looking poor again, hopefully see around evens.

Limerick have had a much longer turnaround than the above two teams and played well enough against Kerry. The thing about Kerry is they are lazy bar-stewards and basically can win when they want so wait until the last ten minutes before kicking on, plus being lazy they'll never win by much, so maybe Limerick were flattered by the score. Cork come into the game looking real class and no one has touched them this year bar Kerry, peoples idea of the second best team in the country and its hard to argue with that. Limerick are no mugs and we might see bigger than 1.3 at some stage, but Cork to win - anything else will be a shock really.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 221
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 12:56
Nice write up Doyler. Heres my 2 cents.

Monaghan for me in the first game. Dont htink there will be much in the game either way and at 6/4 on here after commission. A back of Monaghan to lay at 1.87. Feel like you that Kildare are a better second half team so hoping for an early Monaghan lead.

Feel Louth will cover the 4 point cap at evens. Dublin to win but they dont have the free scoring forwards to hammer a team imo.

Cork to cover the 4 point cap here. Strongest panel in the country and hopefully they wont take their foot off the pedal in the fight for places. CAn see Limerick coming out all guns blazing ut fading away last 10 of the first half.

good luck with your bets
By:
Slow eddie
When: 24 Jul 10 13:18
I think this may be the first time Limerick have made a real conscious effort to have a crack at the qualifers.  Unlucky losers to a certain degree in Munster the past 2 seasons, they will realise that this team may be running out of time, so it's probably a case of now or never.  Have been unlucky with the draw but home advantage is a major plus.  Cork are a very solid outfit but I don't think they have the same type of class up front that Kerry have.  Limerick are better equipped than most to handle Cork's physicality.  9/2 Limerick looks too big.
By:
BJG
When: 24 Jul 10 13:31
Monaghan @ 2.6 - think they wil just shade this game, cant write em off just cuz of one defeat
Under 30.5pts also

Have Louth backed at 4/1 wen bettin opened - a sporting bet Grin

Limerick v Cork over 1.5 goals @ 4/6

Cant back against Limk Love
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 24 Jul 10 13:37
The Real Leinster winners v Dublin....and dont you forget that :) AN LU ABU
By:
GANT007
When: 24 Jul 10 13:51
The louth/dublin game will bring a real soccer atmosphere to croke park.
By:
SamuelMorse
When: 24 Jul 10 14:19
doyler , isotonic and bjg you lads are a credit to the forum with these gaa threads . always worthy of a read every weekend and know what your talking about .
By:
Santry
When: 24 Jul 10 14:26
Qualifiers can be had to call but here I go- Kildare,Dublin,Cork and Down.
By:
BJG
When: 24 Jul 10 14:38
U stil doin ur blog Doyler Confused wats de addy
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 14:40
Ya, bet on less sports nowadays though. Play more golf Silly

http://stephenmaher.blogspot.com/
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 14:43
Whats with Pat Spillane changing the tone of his voice every sentence Laugh
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 14:49
SamuelMorse Joined: 04 Jun 10
Replies: 149 24 Jul 10 14:19 
doyler , isotonic and bjg you lads are a credit to the forum with these gaa threads . always worthy of a read every weekend and know what your talking about .

Cheers Samuel lets hope for a few winners now Grin
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:00
here we goSilly 0-1 Monaghan
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 15:00
Positive start from Monaghan.
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:01
0-2 0-00 Monaghan looked wide to me
By:
BJG
When: 24 Jul 10 15:02
Now keep it up plz Devil
By:
Isotonic.
poor effort after a lovely dummy from Hughes
By:
mophead
them ****in umpires laurel and hardy
By:
Doyler1987
What are Kildare like with the starts, nothing surer they'd start slow Laugh
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 15:07
Poor miss that Plain
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:09
need another Monaghan score for my trade
By:
BJG
When: 24 Jul 10 15:10
Some bad wides hear
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:12
terrible wide Bjg. Need a kicker from the ground
By:
kid
When: 24 Jul 10 15:12
lads is under 30.5 pts a good bet
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:13
lol Rte going on about kicker from ground too
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:13
what kinda price kid?
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 15:14
FFS JD thats three now Plain
By:
BJG
When: 24 Jul 10 15:14
Im on at 10/11 kid as posted above Grin looks like its in already imo
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:15
DoyleShockedShockedShocked

Has some work rate for a man his age all the same
By:
kid
When: 24 Jul 10 15:16
had a bet at the start,after reading this,might go in again 1.4 available.
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 15:16
0-3 0-1

Poor enough ref decision there, play on or dont. Kildare be ahead if it wasnt for JD missing.
By:
gbeire
When: 24 Jul 10 15:17
poor game so far johnny doyle hasnt got his shooting boots on 2day. kid rather be on unders than my overs bet
By:
BJG
Just hope Kildare dont go on a 2nd half scorin spree again Plain
By:
Isotonic.
ya looks good now if you re on pre match. 1.4 looks ok now very tight game scores hard to come by. good luck sir
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:19
fking hell some sh it passes. 0-4- 0-1
By:
gbeire
When: 24 Jul 10 15:21
Still think kildare will win this one when they wake up
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 15:22
Wait until the second half for the wake up Laugh JD having a sh!te game doesnt help though.
By:
Isotonic.
When: 24 Jul 10 15:23
change of plan. gonna let my bet run a while 0-5 0-2
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 15:30
How'd no one score there FFS!
By:
Doyler1987
When: 24 Jul 10 15:30
Johnny Doyle Cry