Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
03 Nov 09 20:24
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
Wrap up if your going to FAIRYHOUSE tomorrow.......surprised no inspection called for the morning

Continuing cold and windy overnight with clear spells and further showers.
The showers will be frequent near southwest, west and northwest coasts with a continuing small risk of thunderstorms and winds continuing very blustery there.
Elsewhere, showers will be more scattered with winds easing a little, and some eastern areas may stay mostly dry. Lowest temperatures of 4 to 8 degrees.

Tomorrow will be another windy, blustery, and quite cold day with a wide scattering of showers.

The showers will be prolonged up across the north during the morning with a continuing risk of thunder, but will be mostly confined to west and north coasts later in the day.
Most places will have sunny breaks too.
Highest temperatures 10 to 12 degrees in a strong west to northwest wind.
Pause Switch to Standard View ~WEATHER~ watch for Irish racecourses.
Show More
Report BJG December 25, 2009 6:36 PM GMT
THE ground at Limerick was changed to heavy on Friday afternoon following rain during the day, and no inspection is planned for Saturday's meeting.

Racecourse spokesman Steve McDonagh said: "The frost has gone and everything is fine for Saturday's meeting. We've changed the ground description to heavy following seven millimetres of rain."

It is also full steam ahead for Saturday's meeting at Leopardstown, where the ground on Friday afternoon remained unchanged at
Report BJG December 25, 2009 6:36 PM GMT
DOWN ROYAL has put back a decision on whether it can race on Saturday until 7am.

The racecourse initially checked at 10am on Friday but was found to be unraceable with snow and frost on the ground, and a second inspection was announced for 6pm. However, conditions had not improved sufficiently and a further check is now planned for the morning of the meeting, but prospects are poor.

Should the fixture be abandoned on Saturday, a further inspection is likely to take place that afternoon to see if the meeting can be rescheduled for Sunday.
Report xis a ruof December 25, 2009 6:37 PM GMT
maze off. on Sunday, weather permitting.
Report BJG December 25, 2009 8:00 PM GMT
DOWN ROYAL has postponed its meeting on Saturday until Sunday - weather permitting.

Officials initially checked the racecourse at 10am on Friday but found it to be unraceable with snow and frost on the ground, and a second inspection was announced for 6pm. However, conditions had not improved sufficiently and the decision was taken to abandon its Saturday fixture.

A further inspection will take place at 3pm on Saturday to see if the course is fit for racing on Sunday. Overnight declarations stand.
Report closure December 25, 2009 10:00 PM GMT
No chance of Leopardstown being off. Been raining heavily on and off all day temps +5%. More likely to be wet than cold and the ground will be nowwhere near yielding. Has to be softer
Report CailiniDeas8 December 26, 2009 9:33 AM GMT
Any snow in Dublin airport?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 26, 2009 3:36 PM GMT
It has been decided to hold a further inspection at Down Royal tomorrow morning at 7 oclock.

The track remains unfit for raining and it is currently raining at Down Royal.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 26, 2009 3:38 PM GMT
Ulster.............26 December 2009- updated at 13:00

Tonight
Cold and frosty tonight with some ice. A few scattered showers also.
Lowest temperatures -2 to plus 1 C.

Tomorrow
Cold and breezy on Sunday with sunny spells and just a few scattered showers. Light to moderate westerly winds. Top temperatures 3 to 6 C.
Report yummy December 26, 2009 4:26 PM GMT
PEOPLE
I just want to compliment you all on this thread.... keep uo the good work
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2009 2:50 PM GMT
SEVERE FROST tonite so.....

7.30am precautionary inspection for LEOPADRSTOWN tomorrow
Report dillinger December 27, 2009 2:53 PM GMT
great thread is right - many thanks
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2009 2:57 PM GMT
* LEOPARDSTOWN...............before 'smart aRs€ tony' starts with his gibberish
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2009 2:58 PM GMT
Ooops forgot the :^0
Report CailiniDeas8 December 27, 2009 3:00 PM GMT
Pleasnig post.

:-)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2009 3:17 PM GMT
There will be a precautionary course inspection at Limerick tomorrow morning (8am)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2009 3:22 PM GMT
Very cold and mostly calm tonight, with widespread severe frost, and with icy conditions in places again.
Risk of fog patches also. Dry apart from isolated showers near the north and northwest coasts.
Temperatures falling below 0 C almost everywhere, and reaching - 5 to - 7 C in places.

Cold tomorrow, and becoming windy in most areas also.
Overnight frost, ice and fog largely clearing - but may linger in some sheltered northern places.
Dry apart perhaps from some coastal showers in the east and north. Highest temperatures between 1 and 6 C.

Monday night will see heavy persistent rain affecting south Munster and south Leinster. Elsewhere staying mostly dry with clearer spells.
Lowest temperatures -1 to + 4 degrees, coldest across Ulster.
A slight frost will develop for a time, however a freshening easterly breeze will set in overnight.

Tuesday will be bitterly cold and windy in a brisk easterly wind.
Heavy persistent rain will continue to affect south Leinster and south Munster, falling as sleet or even snow, mainly over higher ground here.
Elsewhere will remain largely dry with the best of any sunny spells across Ulster and north Connacht.
Highest temperatures 3 to 5 degrees, but feeling colder due to the wind chill.

Not much change on Wednesday and Thursday with heavy rain or even snow affecting southern counties in particular.
Further north of the country escaping mostly dry.

Thursday, New Year's Eve, and Friday, New Years Day will both be extremely cold and frosty with icy roads and pavements in many places.
Many areas will be dry, though some wintry showers will affect some coastal regions.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2009 3:41 PM GMT
WHERE 'AVE DE - "Will Racing Go Ahead ?" markets gone ffs
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 27, 2009 7:50 PM GMT
slickster 27 Dec 20:39 1-3 we race. 3 we dont..............hurry up betfair !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2009 8:49 AM GMT
Leopardstown passed a 7am inspection and the going is described as yielding.

Limerick is also on, but the chase course is currently unfit for racing.
Report MCKENNA December 28, 2009 10:02 AM GMT
Chases off at Limk today-5 races only.Hard frost up here today so wrap up well if youre attending today.
Report yummy December 28, 2009 10:07 AM GMT
I'm 500m from limerick racecourse.....seriously hard frost.... need a temperature rise
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2009 10:24 AM GMT
Sleet and snow on the way shortly............. so wrap up today !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2009 10:56 AM GMT
Limerick has been given the go-ahead - but the two chase races have been abandoned.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 28, 2009 4:47 PM GMT
There will be an 8am inspection at Limerick on Tuesday to decide whether the day's racing will go ahead.

The chase course is currently unraceable.
Report BJG December 28, 2009 7:32 PM GMT
Yip :(

There will be an 8am inspection at Limerick on Tuesday to decide whether the fourth and final day of the Chrismas Festival meeting can go ahead.

Clerk of the Course Val O'Connell said after racing today: "We were unable to race on the chase course today (Monday) due to frost and the chase track is still currently unraceable. However we are told the temperature will not be as low tonight so that is encouraging."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 30, 2009 5:20 PM GMT
There will be a 7.30am inspection of the course at Tramore ahead of tomorrow's meeting due to an adverse weather forecast.
The track is currently raceable and the going is heavy.

Further spells of rain, sleet or snow early tonight, with heavy rainfall in the south perhaps leading to localised flooding.
However, drier conditions soon developing in the north will extend to all areas by morning.
East to northeast winds will remain strong and gusty for much of the night, especially in the south.
Lowest temperatures -1 to +2 degrees Celsius, with some frost and ice possible in sheltered parts of the north later.

Thursday, New Year's Eve, will be dry and sunny across many areas.
However, coastal counties of the northwest, north and east will have occasional wintry showers, some falling as snow.
Winds backing northeast to north will decrease moderate to fresh and it will remain very cold;
highest temperatures just 1 to 5 degrees Celsius
Report macrocky December 30, 2009 5:39 PM GMT
lots of rain last 2 days in cork and heavy rain this evening, its bad for mallow at the weekend and i reckon tramore are getting the same too as i know there was heavy rain in wexford this morning, your horse would want to love the muck
Report moneypenny December 30, 2009 5:43 PM GMT
Inspection at Tramore @7.30am
Theres been serious rain down here all day and its still raining.
If it goes ahead it will be very heavy ground
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 30, 2009 6:09 PM GMT
There will be a 7.30am inspection of the course at Tramore ahead of tomorrow's meeting due to an adverse weather forecast.
The track is currently raceable and the going is heavy.

??????????
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 30, 2009 10:34 PM GMT
BAD NIGHT out there........anyone next to Naas ???
Report BJG December 31, 2009 10:33 AM GMT
Tomorrow's meeting at Fairyhouse has been cancelled following an inspection of the course by Turf Club officials at 11am this morning.

The track is waterlogged
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 31, 2009 11:07 AM GMT
Tonight will be bitterly cold, with widespread severe frost and icy patches.
Minimum temperatures 0 to minus 8 or minus 9 Celsius.

Tomorrow, New Year's Day, will remain bitterly cold, but bright and dry in many areas with sunny spells.

Bitterly cold weather will continue well into the New year, probably at least up until Saturday 9th January.

On Friday night, temperatures will fall to below minus 7 Celsius in many areas and to minus 10 or lower in some parts.

On Saturday, parts of Munster and South Leinster will stay dry, with just a few scattered wintry showers, but the northern half of the country will be cloudier, with more widespread showers of sleet and snow and with a risk of accumulations in places.
Max. temperatures 0 to 4 Celsius, with light to moderate mainly westerly winds.

There will be a hard frost on Saturday night, with freezing fog.
Frost and fog should clear in most parts on Sunday, as easterly winds freshen.
Many areas will be dry, but there will be a few further wintry showers, mainly along eastern and northern coasts, with the possibility of more persistent rain or sleet along parts of the south coast. From Monday to Saturday 9th, little change, with the bitterly cold spell continuing.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 2, 2010 10:36 AM GMT
The meeting scheduled for Naas on Sunday has been cancelled.

Officials held an inspection at 10am, after which the course was found to be unfit for racing.
Turf Club press officer Cliff Noone said: "There is still a covering of snow on the track and it is freezing over."
Report downallstar January 2, 2010 4:46 PM GMT
Thurles 'very doubtful' to race on Thursday

BY TONY O'HEHIR 1:01PM 2 JAN 2010

PROSPECTS for racing at Thurles on Thursday were described as " very doubtful " by racecourse manager Pierce Molony on Saturday afternoon.

With Sunday's meeting at Naas cancelled due to snow, Thurles is the next scheduled meeting in Ireland. However, Molony said: "We are unraceable due to frost. It got as low as -11C here last night and we are -4C this afternoon.

"The very cold weather is due to continue through the week andI would have to say Thursday's meeting is very doubtful unless the weather changes dramatically."
Report BJG January 5, 2010 1:32 PM GMT
PROSPECTS of Leopardstown meeting on Sunday, featuring the €60,000 MCR Hurdle, taking place are under threat given the bleak forecast for the remainder of the week.
The field for the 2m handicap was reduced to 32 possible runners on Tuesday when conditions at the track were described as "unraceable".
Tom Burke, course manager at Leopardstown, said:
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 7, 2010 12:57 PM GMT
Sunday's meeting at Leopardstown, featuring the MCR Hurdle, has been cancelled as conditions are still unraceable.

Leopardstown general manager Tom Burke is now hoping to rearrange the fixture once the Arctic blast subsides.

"We've held an inspection and we have decided to call off the meeting," said Burke.
"We are looking into the possibility of rescheduling the card for a later date."
Report BJG January 8, 2010 12:58 PM GMT
LEOPARDSTOWN'S MCR Hurdle meeting, which was due to take place on Sunday but was another casualty of the big freeze, has been rescheduled for Saturday, January 23.

The decision, announced on Friday morning by Horse Racing Ireland, means that Leopardstown will stage a two-day meeting that weekend, with the MCR Hurdle the feature event on Saturday and the Toshiba Irish Champion Hurdle heading the card on Sunday, January 24.

Both days will be covered live by RTE television.

The Navan meeting originally scheduled for January 23 has been moved to Wednesday, January 27.
Report CailiniDeas8 January 8, 2010 1:29 PM GMT
Some weather though isn't it.

The kids must be loving it.

;-)
Report BJG January 8, 2010 1:35 PM GMT
Indeed!

I aint though :( stuck with this AW crap
Report CailiniDeas8 January 8, 2010 1:37 PM GMT
It's dogmuck.

:(
Report soapp January 8, 2010 7:32 PM GMT
Does Mr Molony know something Batt O'Keeffe doesn't!!

Thurles hoping thaw comes in time
Thu, 7th Jan, 2010

Thurles hopeful for next week
(© Healy Racing Photos) Thurles are hopeful of getting Irish racing back on the road next Thursday, after being forced to cancel today's meeting at the Tipperary venue.

Manager Pierce Molony hopes the expected rise in temperature next week will be enough to thaw out the track

Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 11, 2010 5:12 PM GMT
Not out of the woods yet.........High Winds and FLOODS to come

Heavy rain tomorrow over Munster and south Leinster with some local flooding and winds gusting to 100 km/h.
Highest temperatures here 5 to 8 degrees.

Cold, cloudy and windy elsewhere tomorrow with scattered outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow and highest temperatures only 1 to 4 degrees.

During Wednesday winds will continue to decrease.
Outbreaks of rain, sleet and any snow will become generally light and patchy and many areas will become dry.
It will, though, remain rather cold with temperatures just 1 to 4 degrees.
With clearing skies and slack winds, Wednesday night is likely to be very cold and frosty with a danger of icy roads and patches of fog.
Report CailiniDeas8 January 11, 2010 6:31 PM GMT
Come on Thurles. Fergie time.

:-)
Report downallstar January 12, 2010 3:38 PM GMT
Thurles on Thursday gone.
Report BJG January 12, 2010 4:25 PM GMT
Thurles abandons Thursday all-hurdle card
By racingposT.com staff 4:38PM 12 JAN 2010 THURLES has abandoned the all-hurdle card that was scheduled to be staged at the racecourse on Thursday.
Report soapp January 12, 2010 4:42 PM GMT
Dublin is grand now.

Can't believe Fairyhouse and Naas still have snow.

Naas said they are 50/50 and could postpone to Tuesday.

Fairyhouse still unfit and monitoring.

Surely Naas could take the Sunday if Fairyhouse is gone.

Come on Brian Kavanagh, a little bit of forward planning is now needed. Get the finger out please.
Report macrocky January 12, 2010 7:17 PM GMT
Cork has no chance soapp id say, we were deluged today, i would say mallow was under water today, they closed the park road in mallow due to the blackwater
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 12, 2010 10:01 PM GMT
"The Thurles card for Thursday is to move to Sunday (if Cork is NOT on) otherwise it will be staged on Monday" according to course manager Pierce Molony on radio one this evening.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 12, 2010 10:04 PM GMT
Oh and watch out for those HUGE potholes now on most roads !

(especially wkrider in his new motor ;) )
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 12, 2010 11:09 PM GMT
Panic and destruction as major earthquake smashes Haiti.

A tsunami watch was in effect for Haiti, Cuba, The Bahamas and the Dominican Republic.

"A destructive widespread tsunami threat does not exist based on historical earthquake and tsunami data," the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said.

"However, there is the possibility of a local tsunami that could affect coasts located usually no more than a 100 kilometres from the earthquake epicentre."

Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere.

Usually alot of the Irish Bloodstock types on holiday 'round there at this time of the year !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2010 12:17 PM GMT
Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere.
Report soapp January 13, 2010 5:01 PM GMT
Mac, I will stick local this week-end. No doubt I will get to Mallow for Easter if not before.
Report macrocky January 13, 2010 5:05 PM GMT
Do u go to pt to pts soapp? There will be a pt to pt on in cork id say sunday
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2010 5:48 PM GMT
THURLES
The hurdle meeting scheduled for Thursday 14th January will now take place on Saturday 16th January, while the all-chase card fixed for Friday 15th January has also been put back two days and will be run on Monday 17th January.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 13, 2010 5:49 PM GMT
^fi xed
Report downallstar January 14, 2010 10:25 AM GMT
Cork Sunday gone.
Report soapp January 14, 2010 4:40 PM GMT
Mac, can't stand the P/P's.

No comfort there.

There is enough racing in the metropolitan area to keep us going.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 15, 2010 10:15 PM GMT
It will become wet and very windy everywhere during this evening and early night.

Heavy falls of rain in parts of the south and east, combined with melting snow from the mountains, may cause some flooding.

Clearer weather will spread from the west overnight and winds will moderate.
It will very mild at first with temperatures between 9 and 11 degrees, but temperatures will fall later to between 4 and 7 degrees

A brighter day tomorrow, with sunny spells and scattered heavy showers of rain or hail - the showers confined chiefly to the west and northwest, many other areas will have a mainly dry day.
Highest temperatures 5 to 9 degrees.
Report macrocky January 15, 2010 10:18 PM GMT
Its another horrible night down south, id say there will be flooding again tonight in cork
Report BJG January 19, 2010 10:53 AM GMT
PUNCHESTOWN'S jump meeting on Wednesday will be subject to a 7.30am inspection on the day of racing because of an adverse weather forecast.

The track was waterlogged over the weekend, but was found to be raceable on Mondayand again on Tuesday.

However, course manager Richie Galway said on Tuesday: "The ground is heavy but raceable. The inspection is a precautionary one as there is rain forecast for tonight."

The seven-racecard, highlighted by the Grade 3 Visit Punchestown.com Juvenile Hurdle, is due to begin with a 2m4f beginners' chase at 12.55pm.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 19, 2010 11:04 AM GMT
Becoming very windy with rain becoming widespread from the southwest through Munster, Connaught and south Leinster during the day with some heavy falls developing especially in the south later.
Mostly dry in North Leinster and Ulster.
Top temperatures of 6 to 9 degrees and feeling cold in the strong to gale force southeast wind.

Windy with rain extending to remaining northern and eastern areas this evening or early tonight but drier clearer weather will develop overnight through Munster and Connaught and winds will fall off light with some mist, fog and frost developing as temperatures fall to between -1 and +2 degrees however staying between +3 and 5 degrees in the cloudy wet areas of the north and east.

Rain for a time Wednesday morning in parts of the north and east but clearing by afternoon as the drier brighter weather elsewhere extends countrywide.
A few scattered showers are likely in parts of the west. Top temperatures of 6 to 10 degrees and winds light.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 21, 2010 10:15 PM GMT
Saturday will be a dry bright day.
The morning will be very frosty and temperatures will be low for most of Saturday;
fog will also be very slow to clear in the still conditions.
But despite the cold air, the day will be pleasant for many places.

It will be frosty again on Saturday night and Sunday morning.
Otherwise Sunday will be a dry day, at least for daylight hours;
rain will start to develop widely Sunday evening and continue on into Sunday night
Report BJG January 29, 2010 12:06 PM GMT
FAIRYHOUSE will inspect at 7.30am on Saturday morning before the meeting later that day due to the threat of frost at the track.

The track was described as raceable on Friday morning by Irish Turf Club officials with the going soft, heavy in places.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 30, 2010 11:34 AM GMT
jasonk178. 30 Jan 10:57

its abandonerd

Doyler1987 30 Jan 11:01

Fk it anyway

onthenoseinfo 30 Jan 11:38

lovely day here, gutted
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2010 8:23 AM GMT
Friday will be cold with a mix of sunny spells and scattered showers, these heaviest and most frequent in Munster and south Leinster.
Highest temperatures of 5 to 9 degrees.
Friday night will be cold and mostly dry with a sharp frost and patches of fog.

Saturday will be cold and dry with bright or sunny spells.
Saturday night will start off dry, but will become wet and windy overnight as heavy rain and strong, gusty southeast winds extend from the west to all areas.
Sunday will be mild, wet and windy in all areas.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 8, 2010 6:54 PM GMT
A few wintry showers will affect areas near Leinster coasts overnight. The showers will be of rain or sleet, but with falls of snow over high hills. Most other areas will have a dry night. Very cold with widespread frost.
Lowest temperatures will range +1 to -3 degrees - coldest inland and in the west where frost will be severe.

Tomorrow Tuesday will be a cold and mostly dry day.
There'll be variable cloud, but sunny breaks will develop widely.
Well scattered light wintry showers will affect areas near southeast and east coasts.
Northeast breezes will be moderate. Highest temperatures of 3 to 6 degrees.

The weather is going to continue mainly dry and cold for the rest of the week and over next weekend.
Daytime maxima only 3 to 7 degrees dropping sub-zero at night and possibly as low as -5 in rural areas with severe ground frosts.

The weather will be generally dry with sunny spells but some snow or hail showers may drift down across Ireland at times in the northeast airflow with Ulster and Leinster most at risk.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 15, 2010 4:31 PM GMT
Cold and unsettled for the rest of the week and during next weekend, with occasional showers and with night- time frosts.
Report soapp February 18, 2010 6:05 PM GMT
FRIDAY NIGHT, SATURDAY, SUNDAY, MONDAY : The cold spell will continue. Daytime highs will mostly range 3 to 7 C, and there will be frost in places each night - it will be widespread on most or all of the nights, and severe at times, with air temperatures falling to between - 4 and - 7 C in places.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 20, 2010 5:01 PM GMT
Scattered wintry showers this evening, with some longer outbreaks of sleet or snow in parts of Munster and south Leinster.
Most areas will become dry overnight, but a few wintry showers will persist near Atlantic coasts.
A very cold night everywhere, with a sharp or severe frost and patches of freezing fog.

After a frosty start, tomorrow will be a bright, cold day, but fog may be slow to clear in places. Many areas will be dry, but there will be a few scattered wintry showers, mainly in the northwest and west.
Highest temperatures 4 to 6 degrees.

The cold weather will continue through next week.
Daytime temperatures will continue to stay low, typically 4 to 6C, and then they will fall -2 to -5C at night with severe frosts.
The days will often be bright and sunny but there will also be wintry showers occurring right through the week.
Report BJG February 22, 2010 9:56 AM GMT
Fairyhouse's double-header on Tuesday and Wednesday is under threat because of the wintry weather.

Officials are due to check the track this morning, with snow the problem.

Turf Club press officer Cliff Noone said: "They were unfit for racing on Sunday morning as there was a covering of snow on the course, and will be looking at the situation this morning."

Yesterday's meeting at Naas was the latest to fall victim to the extended cold spell, and temperatures are forecast to remain low throughout this week.
Report the jigger February 22, 2010 12:06 PM GMT
Fairyhouse is reported to be frost free at midday today and tomorrow's fixture is set to go ahead as planned.

The ground is currently described as heavy and the first of seven races is due to begin at 2.15pm.

The return of the highly rated Kazal in the Dunshaughlin Hurdle is the highlight on a decent national hunt card.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 23, 2010 4:32 PM GMT
Tomorrow it will remain cloudy in the north and northwest with outbreaks of sleety rain and snow. Some bright periods elsewhere and scattered showers, mainly of rain or hail.
Highest temperatures will range from around 2 or 3 degrees in the northwest to 8 or 9 degrees in coastal counties of the south and southeast.

The weather will remain cold for the rest of the week, including the weekend, although temperatures will rise slightly during Saturday and Sunday.
Thursday and Friday will be cloudy days with scattered outbreaks of rain; on the higher ground the rain will turn more to snow.
The wind direction during these days will be mainly northeasterly and highest daytime temperatures will typically be around 7 or 8C.

The weather for the weekend will be mixed. Heavy rain is likely during Saturday, but Sunday should be a dry day, although it will be cold and frosty for the morning.

Most of Monday will be dry too but again it will be a frosty start to the day.

Present indications suggest that there will be a slight rise in temperatures over the early days of next week, but still temperatures will remain below what they should be for early March.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2011 11:12 AM BST
Inspection called (for Punchestown tomorrow) at 4pm today !
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2011 2:28 PM BST
Should go ahead 2moro with good sunny spells over most parts of the country today and mostly dry with sunny intervals tomorrow.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 25, 2011 3:05 PM BST
The ground at Clonmel on Thursday is currently ‘soft’ on the hurdle course and yielding to soft on the chase course........ta Mr Weekes.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 27, 2011 11:41 PM BST
The current unsettled spell of weather could frustrate trainer Michael Winters as he plans a campaign for exciting novice hurdler Rebel Fitz.

The French-bred gelding, a dual bumper winner last year, has taken well to hurdles this season scoring three times and was particularly impressive in the INH Stallion Owners EBF Novice Hurdle at Cork earlier this month.

On that occasion he made all under regular partner Davy Russell, and quickened clear from before the last to slam the previously unbeaten Absolutelyfantastic by an easy five and a half lengths.
The six-year-old has a tendency to get a bit fizzed up at the track and often sweats up quite badly but Winters explained, “He's a very intelligent horse and doesn't take too much out of himself once a race starts.”

Following that latest success, the Kanturk-based handler suggested the Paddy Power-sponsored three mile Grade 3 Novice Hurdle at Cork on November 6 as a possible target but he's now having second thoughts - Mr Weekes again. Tks.

Like this fella alot ! Devil
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 1, 2011 11:11 AM GMT
Thursday will bring bright or sunny spells and some showers and the winds will moderate further becoming light Southwesterly in the evening. It will feel fresher with highest temperatures of 13 or 14 degrees and lowest temperatures on Thursday night in the range around 4 to 8 degrees.

Weatherwise on Thursday night, outbreaks of rain is likely to develop in many areas but this rain will clear away later in the night and during Friday morning with the rest of Friday dry and bright with some sunshine and little or no wind.

It will turn cooler on Friday with max temperatures of 10 Celsius and with frost and fog expected on Friday night as temperatures fall close to freezing.

It seems that next weekend will be largely dry for most areas though there is the risk of some rain clipping Eastern and Southeastern counties at times.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 2, 2011 5:53 PM GMT
SOFT going at Thurles tomorrow.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 14, 2011 10:38 PM GMT
Tuesday, will be mostly dry once again, with a mixture of cloudy periods and some bright or sunny spells and winds will be moderate to fresh southeasterly.

Rain will become widespread during Wednesday and turn heavy in the south and winds back southerly.

WHAT's the going in FAIRYHOUSE ahead of Wednesday's meeting ?
Report soapp November 16, 2011 6:41 PM GMT
Could be testing for the week-end fare as plenty of rain expected over the next few days.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 18, 2011 4:24 PM GMT
soapp 16 Nov 11 18:39
Hopefully the snow will keep away this season and we can have an uninterupted season of top class NH fare starting off with a great card at Punchestown on Sunday.

Cork is to hold a precautionary inspection at 3pm tomorrow afternoon ahead of its meeting on Sunday 4 hours - currently raceable with the ground soft to heavy on the hurdle course and heavy on the chase course.

Punchestown, where racing takes place both tomorrow and Sunday, is currently soft, soft to heavy in places.

Tomorrow, Saturday will start cloudy in many places with outbreaks of rain, but the rain will ease during the day with some bright spells developing. Staying mild with top temperatures of 12 to 14 degrees in a light to moderate south to southeasterly breeze.

Sunday will be mostly dry. It will be mostly cloudy in the east with perhaps the odd spot of drizzle. The midlands and west of the country will be brighter with some sunny spells developing. Highest temperatures of 12 to 14 degrees with light to moderate southerly breezes.

Rain will develop in the west on Sunday night. It will spread eastwards and become widespread on Monday. It will continue through the day and gradually clear overnight and early on Tuesday.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 20, 2011 11:40 AM GMT
Cork cancelled - pitch flooded.
Report soapp November 21, 2011 6:41 PM GMT
Now on Wednesday where they are real confident that it will go ahead. The track took the rain well but the river overflowed down the back straight.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 30, 2011 10:04 PM GMT
Becoming mostly dry for the rest of the night with moderating winds and clearing skies.
Lowest temperatures of 1 to 4 degrees with frost in places around dawn and the risk of some local icy patches.

Thursday will be cold, bright and mostly dry in many areas but there will be some scattered showers in western and northern counties.

Very unsettled weather continuing, with rain at times and frequently strong winds. Cold, with temperatures will be a little below normal.
On Thursday night, there will be a few scattered showers along Atlantic coasts, but most areas will be dry and clear.
As winds slacken further, it will become very cold, with sharp frost and a risk of icy patches. Min. 0 to minus 2 Celsius.

Becoming a little milder on Friday. Mainly dry at first, but rain will spread gradually from the Atlantic, accompanied by strong and gusty southwesterly winds. Max. 8 to 10 C.
Rain will turn heavy in places in the evening and early night, but will clear overnight and winds will veer westerly, easing a little. Turning cold, but too breezy for any significant frost. Min. 3 to 5 C

Saturday will be cold and windy, with sunny spells and scattered showers, most of the showers in the southwest, west and north, with a risk of a few wintry ones on high ground. Max. 6 to 9 C. Min. overnight values 1 to 4 Celsius, with a touch of frost.
Sunday will be mainly dry start, but rain will spread from the southwest, with fresh southerly winds, veering southwesterly.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2011 12:04 PM GMT
The first snow flurries of the year were reported yesterday at Knock and Belmullet, Co Mayo and parts of Ulster were also covered this morning.

With overnight temperatures dropping to sub-zero, the cold spell is set to continue until at least Thursday.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2011 1:35 PM GMT
Not too many on here will remember on this day in 1952

– The "Great Smog" began in London and lasted for five days, causing 12,000 deaths and leading to the Clean Air Act 1956.
Report the jigger December 5, 2011 4:31 PM GMT
http://www.myweather2.com/Horse-Racing.aspx.
A good site that i use to keep up to date with the weather at all tracks.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2011 5:44 PM GMT
EXCELLENT SITE Jigger, ty

http://www.myweather2.com/Horse-Racing/Ireland/Thurles.aspx

Taking a look at the Thurles forecast over the coming week and the average daytime maximum will be around 7°C, with a high of 11°C expected on Thursday afternoon. The average minimum temperature for the week ahead will be around 2°C, dipping to its lowest on Saturday morning at -1°C. Thursday is expected to see the most precipitation with around 7mm, or about 0.3inches anticipated. The strongest wind will be felt on Thursday afternoon, coming from the southwest, and reaching around 22mph, that's about 36kph.
Report soapp December 5, 2011 7:43 PM GMT
I hope the Clonmel forecast is better than Thurles seeing as it is a fortnight to the next Thurles. Traditional 8th of December fixture for Clonmel.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 23, 2011 2:09 PM GMT
News Ground Report Friday, 23 December 2011

Next meeting: Christmas Festival 26th - 29th December

Ground Report Issued Friday 23rd December 

Ground Report December 26th Declaration Stage, issued at 8.30am this morning: Going - Ground is currently Soft on all tracks, there was 3mls of rain overnight.

Forecast - Light rain this morning, clearing this afternoon. Over the weekend and up to St. Stephen's Day will be mostly dry with a risk of showers. Low rainfall levels expected.

Compliments of....

http://www.leopardstown.com/Leopardstown/News/Ground-Report/
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 24, 2011 5:20 PM GMT
Three millimetres of rain hit Leopardstown on Thursday night and temperatures dropped slightly on Friday, but no further rain has fallen and a rise in temperatures is expected.
Racing manager Nessa Joyce said: "There is a risk of showers on Monday, but we're expecting dry weather until then and I think the ground is going to stay soft for the opening day."

Highs of 11C are predicted at Limerick, which is set to begin its four-day meeting on Monday on ground described as heavy.
Manager Russell Ferris said: "We are due three to four millimetres of rain between now and Monday and then only two or three between then and Thursday, so while it will be heavy and testing, the rain is not going to cause any problems."

Mike Todd, manager of Down Royal, reported one shower on Friday at the track, but does not expect any further significant rain.
He said: "It's heavy, soft in places and there are showers forecast, but they won't be enough to change it."
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 6, 2012 12:38 AM GMT
http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/Ireland/Tipperary/Thurles.aspx

Going to be a cold one in Thurles on Sat.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 14, 2012 11:52 AM GMT
OFFICIALS at Wetherby have been forced to abandon the track's Saturday fixture after temperatures dropped to -5C overnight.

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast2.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=thurles&metric=1

SNOW, sleet and freezing rain is on its way apparently (later next week) Shocked
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2012 9:56 AM GMT
Gowran Park report the ground soft for The Thyestes and the Galmoy.

The forecast is for heavy rain tonight clearing overnight while it is to be cold with scattered showers tomorrow.

Leopardstown going is good for this weekend.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan January 25, 2012 9:58 AM GMT
Wet and windy with heavy rain spreading across the western half of the country this morning, then extending to eastern areas this afternoon.
There'll be a risk of some spot flooding.
The rain will clear this evening and winds will ease.
Highest temperatures of 9 to 11 degrees, but becoming much colder in the afternoon and evening

Tonight will be cold with temperatures falling to between 0 and 3 degrees early tonight and frost developing in many areas.
Wintry showers of rain, hail and sleet will spread from the west, falling as snow on some hills and mountains overnight.

Thursday will be cold and blustery with a mix of sunny spells and wintry showers of rain, hail and sleet Sad
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 3, 2012 3:39 PM GMT
FAIRYHOUSE'S meeting on Saturday is subject to a 4pm inspection TODAY.

MEETINGS OFF IN ENGERLAND......
Catterick today due to a frozen track.
SANDOWN off - tomara
WETHERBY off - forced to concede there was no chance of its Saturday fixture going ahead.
FFOS LAS - inspection 9am on Saturday.
Report lookingforthewildman February 3, 2012 3:46 PM GMT
I dont really see the need for somebody to be updating this stupid thread.....this information was on the racing post web site 6 hours ago.....its hardly news now is it.....Another thing there wasnt any real need to underline the today.....did you think they were going to inspect at 4 o clock tomorrow.....
Report wildmanfromborneo February 3, 2012 4:21 PM GMT
Very informative thread,to some of us this is our sole site.
Catchmeifyoucan is one of the good posters so lay off him.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 5, 2012 2:18 PM GMT
LOOKS LIKE WE'RE LUCKY TO BE LIVIN' ON THE WESTERN SEABOARD atm...

AS all eyes are on Punchestown - only meeting in Britain and Ireland today (Kempton (heavy snow) and Musselburgh (frozen track) - both abandoned)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 20, 2012 12:42 AM GMT
WILDMAN Crazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com