Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
04 Dec 09 16:49
| Topic/replies: 397 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
12.25 Maiden Hurdle......
Colleoni form when 4th to Rite Of Passage, Donnas Palm 2nd and Boulavogue 3rd is good enough here
Pause Switch to Standard View NAVAN..... Sat, 5th Dec, 2009
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 4:51 PM GMT
1.00 EBF Novice Steeplechase
Osana did it nicely lto and must be better again for it. Ignore stable form imho.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 4:56 PM GMT
1.00 Maiden Hurdle 2m
Lucky William with Mark O'Connor on board hopefully jumps better than in 2m4f at Navan lto. I'm sure he has been schooled in the meantime.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 4:57 PM GMT
* 1.30 Maiden Hurdle
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 4:58 PM GMT
2.00 Novice Hurdle 2m4f
Price suggest not to look beyond Quinola Des Obeaux
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 5:39 PM GMT
2.30 Proudstown H.cap Hurdle
Have been a Cane Brake fan since Geraghty won the '06 Troytown in Navan on him (remember Tony :^0 ) and his only 2 runs this year have been encouraging.
Take him to beat emi's course and distance winner Operation H.

3.00 3m Beginners Chase
Going with Prince Roco who also holds an entry in the 3m Paddy Power S`chase in Leopardstown at Xmas. His 3rd of 14 3.25L behind Osana over only 2m was an ok run.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 6:12 PM GMT
3.35. 2m Flat Race
Like Benash's recent run when 5th to Perfect Smile (the 3rd Rockfield Abbey 2nd since and the 4th Definite All Star won in Musselburgh last week)

Miss Elizabeth Doyle will have a good idea of the chances of Anoosou after the very impressive win by Al Ferof on Wednesday. Anyone with an inside there ???

C A Murphy's Gormanstown Cuckoo hasn't run for 235 days
and Paddy The Amateur for Mullins although not out for 282 days will be fancied.
Report soapp December 4, 2009 6:51 PM GMT
Catch I will pick one bone with you. Mark O'Connor. Substitute that for Mikey O'Connor!!

Race 1) Colleoni. Catch reckons so as do I. Got chinned by Kilmurry last Friday at Thurles. Kilmurry has had a lofty reputation.

Race 2) Fisher Bridge. The value back at this trip. His second to Catch Me 2 runs back is top class. Out of form O'Grady nicked a winner yesterday but I wouldn't trade odds on just yet.

Race 3) Magnanimity. His second to Luska Lad on his debut run stands out if we can ignore his bumper run up the North LTO. Lucky William is a dual bumper winner and if he improves his jumping he will be thereabouts.

Race 4) Quinola Des Obeaux (Nap) Unbeaten in Ireland. Ignore Chel bumper run. This one won with his head in his chest for Emmett Mullins on his hurdling debut at Limerick a month ago.

Race 5) Operation Houdini. Up 2 stone on his last hurdle win here. gets in on 10.00 which is brillo over this trip and on this ground. People tell me Slippers slipped out the side door LTO when still going well. Good luck EMI.

Race 6) Telenor. Memories of Harcon come rolling back here. This horse comes in the real Dreaper mode. Strapping 3 mile chaser screams out. 3rd to Jered and Lenabane on his chase debut at Punchestown is the best form about. Hangover who finished 4th dotted up the other day.

Race 7) Gormanstown Cuckoo (NB) Seasonal debut for this Colm Murphy youngster. If one ignores his last run last Easter his form on his debut is top class. A fine second to the Chel bumper festival runner up Some Present at Punchestown 14 months ago. If you are there see if he has a great step. If so he is fighting fit.
Report downallstar December 4, 2009 7:09 PM GMT
12.25 - Falcon Island ew, form 2,1 over this trip, including a wide margin win on heavy. Drops back in trip after a quiet introduction to hurdles.

1.00 - Osana should be too good, but no bet at the price.

1.30 - Lucky William should be better suited by the drop back to 2 miles after looking to struggle to get home over 20f in hvy lto, think it was the combination of both that found him out as he has won on hvy over 16f, and over 19f.

2.00 - Quinola Des Obeaux should be suited by the step up in trip, heavy ground not a problem, ignore the cheltenham bumper run. Colm Murphy's half brother to Kazal is a very interesting new comer.

3.00 - Lurgan, hopefully an ew price. Trip and going should both suit, winner of a 22f nov hurdler on soft/hvy. Prefer Telenor over Prince Roco as the danger.

gl.
Report Eye Mall Inn December 4, 2009 7:39 PM GMT
cheers soapp. Will be disappointed if he doesn't win but at RP 5-1 Cane Brake would be a proper e-w alternative. 3s I'd say.
Report downallstar December 4, 2009 7:48 PM GMT
You must still be happy with the new mark emi?
Good luck tomorrow.
Report Eye Mall Inn December 4, 2009 8:02 PM GMT
I'd have been unhappy with 20+ :)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 8:19 PM GMT
downallstar
12.25 - Falcon Island ew,
Note his quiet introduction to hurdles form was when 11th (well back about 50L) to Arabella Boy (won in F/house since and 2nd of 7 6L behind Torphichen yesterday) in Wexford.

The 4th that day in Wexford was Kilmurry (8/1, led after 1st, headed 3 out, soon weakened and dropped to 5th before next, left moderate 4th after last) who beat my selection Colleoni (11/8fav lto, tracked leaders, 3rd from before halfway, close up 3 out, 2nd and challenged from 2 out, every chance, kept on under pressure from last).
Report downallstar December 4, 2009 8:31 PM GMT
Listowel bumper winner Falcon Island was easy to back before his jumping debut and never threatened. He probably needed this first outing since last May and will appreciate more testing conditions.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 8:36 PM GMT
Ok, Ok ........I'll put him in a straight forecast :^0
Report norn iron December 4, 2009 9:00 PM GMT
1 WHERES THE DOSH EW
2 FISHER BRIDGE
3 MAGANIMITY
4 BOSTONS ANGEL EW
5 MONTY BLUE CERT EW
6 LURGAN NAP EW IF OVER 4/1 :)
7 GORMANSTOWN CUCKOO EW BEST FORM
GOOD LUCK ALL PUNTERS MY ENG NAP FORPADYTHEPLASTERER NB PASCHA BERE GOOD NIGHT
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 4, 2009 10:41 PM GMT
soapp........pick your bone out of these jockeys :)

Report ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED December 4, 2009 10:55 PM GMT
Anyone know if there is a bus from busaras tomm to the races? tried ringing earlier but could not get through. thanks.
Report Eye Mall Inn December 5, 2009 9:11 AM GMT
I stand corrected on Cane Brake - 11-2
Report thegalwayman December 5, 2009 10:02 AM GMT
If I owned Operation Houdini I wouldn't let Slippers Madden into the racecourse let alone ride him. The unseating the last day was ridiculous- I know a few less than sprightly octogenarians who would have stayed on. The guy has got worse and worse since he won the national to the point where he is now completely useless at every facet of race riding. I can't understand how anyone puts him up.
Report Lumberg December 5, 2009 10:13 AM GMT
3 for today:

1.00 Fisher Bridge for Noel Meade whose horses are in good form, his chasers have gained 2 wins and 3 places from 7 runners in the last fortnight. Fisher Bridge was a useful performer over hurdles. He won a valuable handicap hurdle at the Irish National meeting off a mark of 124 in April. After finishing down the field in the Galway hurdle he made his debut over fences in a 2m4f Killarney beginners chase on soft to heavy and ran out a comfortable 5 length winner. He made a leap up in class for his next start when runner-up to Emmpat in a grade 3 novice chase over 2 miles at Roscommon on good to firm. He was beaten a long way that day but the fast ground would not have suited and the trip was probably on the short side in such ground.
There was no shame in going down by just over 2 lengths to Catch Me next time out over 2m4f on good ground. He was conceding 7lbs to that rival and only gave way after the last. He finished a distance clear of the rest. The 3rd Faltering Fullback was a good 2nd behind Coolcashin next time out.
He was 3rd in the grade 3 Florida Pearl novice chase last time over 2m6f on soft to heavy. He led to 2 out but didnt see out the trip. Form of the race was boosted by 2nd Coolcashin winning next time out.
3 of Fisher Bridges 4 wins have come on soft to heavy so he is sure to handle conditions and he hasnt looked as if hes stayed the longer trips on his last 2 outings so 2m1f on heavy ground could prove ideal.
Osana deserves plenty of respect but with the OGrady horses not firing at present he could be worth taking at short odds with Fisher Bridge at 9/2 PP.

3.00 Prince Roco would prefer better ground but he did put in a career best run last time when 3rd behind Osana and Roberta Goldback in a 2m beginners chase on soft to heavy here last time. He is a far better horse when racing left-handed over obstacles, form reads 38212F23 (1-5-8), compared to right handed 00U38 (0-1-5). Telenor looks the main danger but the fact he is shorter that Prince Roco means Prince Roco @ 7/2 VC/PP has to be the pick.

3.35 Benash (each way) was 5th in a decent bumper over today's CD on similar ground on debut behind the potentially very useful Perfect Smile. The form looks good with the 3rd Rockfield Lodge finishing 2nd in a bumper next time out and the 4th Definite All Star winning a bumper on next outing.
Gormanstown Cuckoo would have serious claims based on the form of his first run behind Some Present but he has only run once in the last year, disappointingly, and looks like he might be priced based on that first run. Benash 10/1 generally EW
Report Eye Mall Inn December 5, 2009 10:14 AM GMT
Prince Roco won't get home imv. Good Luck Chuck is the value ew.
Report Santry December 5, 2009 10:52 AM GMT
1.00 Fisher Bridge sets a decent standard here , will handle the ground and price looks good . Osana win or lose is a mad price .
1.30 Lucky William looked good winning bumper at Naas . Not so good here last time but didnt appear to stay so worth another chance at this trip .
2.30 Operation Houdini - a penalty kick .
3.00 Telenor should be suited by both step up in trip and ground . Jumped well at Punchestown last time but couldnt quicken .
Report norn iron December 5, 2009 11:32 AM GMT
LOVE STARTN WITH WINNER :^0
Report General Idea December 5, 2009 11:36 AM GMT
Wasnt overly impressed with Townend there.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 11:45 AM GMT
Listowel Fealeside Syndicate.......good day for the Kingdom ;)
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 11:47 AM GMT
Wd norn!
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 12:06 PM GMT
Osana a lovely slick jumper..
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 12:07 PM GMT
Ignore stable form imho. :)
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 12:08 PM GMT
Lovely horse.
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 12:39 PM GMT
chucked out???
No attempt by Davy to switch whip or correct his horse leaning in.
Don't know if LW would've gone by him anyway?
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 12:40 PM GMT
Cant possibly throw that out, jock never stopped riding seriously?
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 12:41 PM GMT
Did they call a stewards?
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 12:41 PM GMT
Better horse won ? although if both had a clear run to the line MATT may have won !

IS there a STEWARDS ENQUIRY ?????????
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 12:43 PM GMT
Wishful thinking on my part maybe :)
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 12:44 PM GMT
We're pocket takin :^0
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 12:44 PM GMT
* talkin
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 12:51 PM GMT
Hopefully we'll pick a pocket or two tomorrow to make up for that result
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 1:02 PM GMT
;)
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 1:08 PM GMT
Great bit of placing with Glenstall there, didnt think he was good enough.
The 2nd looks seriously interesting! Looked like a total non trier for most of the way round.
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 1:10 PM GMT
Any views on the Tingle? I've laid Twist Magic, cant see why he should be 5/2 in this field :|
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 1:13 PM GMT
Backed fpdp 8s ew 3places antepost
If BZ stands up he should win though.
Irish 1-2 hopefully.
Report platinni December 5, 2009 1:14 PM GMT
^ thats a fair bet

straight fc
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 1:16 PM GMT
Someone said VC were doing a special in town, if a horse falls you get your money back, excellent bet on Big Zeb with that offer. Hope to god he stands up anyway.

I agree Paddy too big at 8s, and Chief not without a chance too. Just cant have Twist at such a price against the three of them on ground like this, if he wins happy to hold my hands up and say got it wrong.
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 1:28 PM GMT
I thought if anything a slow pace would suit Ruby here, making the running :0
Report badger's back December 5, 2009 1:31 PM GMT
how easy was that
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 1:32 PM GMT
What do I know :^0
Report BJG December 5, 2009 1:32 PM GMT
Wat a shockin race that was imo :0 :0
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 1:33 PM GMT
Ruby rode em to sleep.
Happy with that effort by forpady.
BZ was never travelling.
Report BJG December 5, 2009 1:39 PM GMT
Niall Madden wat a ride imo
Report downallstar December 5, 2009 1:40 PM GMT
tgm seething!
Report Santry December 5, 2009 1:41 PM GMT
thegalwayman 05 Dec 11:02

If I owned Operation Houdini I wouldn't let Slippers Madden into the racecourse let alone ride him. The unseating the last day was ridiculous- I know a few less than sprightly octogenarians who would have stayed on. The guy has got worse and worse since he won the national to the point where he is now completely useless at every facet of race riding. I can't understand how anyone puts him up

Slippers must have read this .
Report badger's back December 5, 2009 1:42 PM GMT
love it.
once again makes a clown of himself :D
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 1:44 PM GMT
thegalwayman 05 Dec 11:02
If I owned Operation Houdini I wouldn't let Slippers Madden into the racecourse let alone ride him. The unseating the last day was ridiculous- I know a few less than sprightly octogenarians who would have stayed on. The guy has got worse and worse since he won the national to the point where he is now completely useless at every facet of race riding. I can't understand how anyone puts him up.

CAC TARBH :^0
Report Doyler1987 December 5, 2009 1:48 PM GMT
Ah leave it out lads, he can only call something as he sees it, thats his opinion.
Report workrider December 5, 2009 1:51 PM GMT
i'd say everyone of his alias's must be cringing :) galway 59, bobby ,redbait , etc etc :)
Report workrider December 5, 2009 1:51 PM GMT
i'd say everyone of his alias's must be cringing :) galway 59, bobby ,redbait , etc etc :)
Report The Gotchee December 5, 2009 2:02 PM GMT
TGM has nothing good to say about anybody and never has anything positive to contribute to any thread. He is just confirming that he is the "village idiot" of this forum. ;)
Report one last chance December 5, 2009 2:31 PM GMT
well done emi and slippers made a nice few quid today was gona head 2 navan 2day but decided 2 go 2 punchestown insted

agree with benash in the last ran a decent race the last day at navan and wasnt off a yard so i was told
Report thegalwayman December 5, 2009 2:37 PM GMT
My opinion has not changed. He is useless.There are a number of jockeys who would put me off backing a horse and at the moment he is top of that list, particularly in chases. Whatever Operation Houdini runs in over Christmas, PP or Welsh National, he has no chance if this joker rides. A little perspective here folks- he has got something that was about 20lb well in on its chase mark up by a snot. Wow. I've met some of the owners a few times and they seem like decent lads. I wish them all the best with their horse. They are certainly getting plenty of fun out of him.

As for the other comments, I very rarely give my views on here as I view betting as a private activity and my fancy and the size of my bet are my own business. I could never understand why genuinely sharp guys like stamford bridge and center field used to give their opinions on here. I'd rather discuss racing with guys I know whose views I respect. I do occasionally enjoy winding up some of the various simpletons that come on here to inflict their nonsense on others.

workrider, I don't know you whether or not you have some sort of intellectual disabilty so I probably shouldn't be too hard on you. I'm glad your daughter is ok but I'm not sure why you would post about something like that on here. I have not made any other comment about this and I don't post under any of those names.

In summary, I'm right. As per usual.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 5, 2009 2:47 PM GMT
CAC TARBH
Report thegalwayman December 5, 2009 2:52 PM GMT
You sir, are a prime example of the type of simpleton I was referring to.
Report Deep Impact December 5, 2009 2:52 PM GMT
Well done Lum & OLC with Benash
Report workrider December 5, 2009 3:42 PM GMT
baa baa to the sheep then farmer ,i'd rather be a simpleton than the sad sick little man you are any day mate, you were told on here numerous times to get psychic help , , i see you are still ignoring this advice .
Report kavvie December 5, 2009 3:55 PM GMT
tgm you are indeed a sad individual..the type that are a result of the tiger period in our history..arrogace laced witha misplaced opinion of their own superiority.you have driven a lot of good genuine people off this forum.my wish for the festive season would be for you to stop contributing here and maybe some of the decent people will return.thank you
Report jimeen December 5, 2009 4:03 PM GMT
Its a bit harsh to equate Workrider to an average simpleton,its a bit harsh to the average simpleton at least.Workrider is a step above the next biggest simpleton that posts regularly here and to be fair he has plenty of company.How anybody posts personal business on a forum full of fruitcakes is truly staggering,equally mindboggling is how other idiots are sending him best wishes when they have no idea who he is.Just wondering are his family aware that he comes on posting this kind of information that should surely remain within the family circle,it certainly shouldnt be posted up here for inspection to all and sundry.
Report kavvie December 5, 2009 4:12 PM GMT
he was prob a bit emotional jimeen..
Report sinndar001 December 5, 2009 4:20 PM GMT
Madden did come off easy enough in the Troytown and the way he was travelling at the time it was a pity. He'd have been the only threat to Beroni( more than likely have come off second best in fairness.)

Well done to EMI today. I'd give my right testicle for a horse like him.
Report kavvie December 5, 2009 4:23 PM GMT
jaysus sindarr you must really love your horses?!?
Report jimeen December 5, 2009 4:25 PM GMT
Kavvie-Maybe you could use that as an excuse if you were being generous,but when the poor guy starts to give daily reports of the situation then you have to wonder.Im only speaking from my own perspective,if my dad was on here posting personal family business then i couldnt see how anybody in the family would be too happy about it.We'd have to consider banning him from using the computer or failing that sending for the lads with the white coats.
Report mitch leary December 5, 2009 4:26 PM GMT
eh, why would someone need psychic help?
Report sinndar001 December 5, 2009 4:27 PM GMT
Bit of a Derek Thompson moment in fairness. next thing i'll be thinking every maiden winner i see is a guineas winner.
Report kavvie December 5, 2009 4:27 PM GMT
sorry,i thought he posted only once..i ddint read full thread..
Report Eye Mall Inn December 5, 2009 4:30 PM GMT
gritty effort, thanks santry. Slippers gave him a fine ride. Christ he's gone very bald though.
Report Eye Mall Inn December 5, 2009 4:30 PM GMT
thanks sinndar even :)
Report jimeen December 5, 2009 4:31 PM GMT
Psychic help is freely available,i avail of it quite regularly particularly when im on a long losing run.When you cant pick a winner yourself then you have to seek professional assistance.Who better to tip you a few winners than somebody who can tell the future,so just pop down to the nearest carnival and look for Mystic Megs tent,and on parting with a tenner for her services ,she will go through the card for that days racing for you,no problem whatsoever.
Report KK 05 December 5, 2009 4:32 PM GMT
Hope the horses neck is ok ;)

Congrats.
Report workrider December 5, 2009 6:34 PM GMT
jimeen ,your only as sick as your secrets , thats what people play on ain't it .or then again maybe you handen't noticed . lots of people on here do know me personally so i dont have a problem posting as you like to call them private details .you sound as if you just might have something to hide . there again what would i know :).
Report Distant View December 5, 2009 8:12 PM GMT
Well done EMI.

Can anyone please tell me what was so good about the ride please?

He did what he had to do. He probably should have used the undoubted stamina of the horse better but was he trying to win with the minimum of effort with the Welsh National a few weeks away? Did he think that the horse had so much in hand that he would get away with the same tactics as the last time?

The horse got him out of jail every bit as much as anything that was sone by the jockey. The other horse not exactly running to the line did not hurt either.

What an admirable horse OH is and good luck to all the lads that own him. If this appears on ride of the week though, it is a joke.
Report CailiniDeas8 December 6, 2009 8:27 AM GMT
Well done EMI and other lads involved.

Agree re Slippers the last day fwiw. Shocking effort imo.

:-)
Report Eye Mall Inn December 6, 2009 12:21 PM GMT
He won a driving finish after saving ground throughout, I couldn't ask for any more. The horse apparently hated the ground which was totally bottomless.
Report soapp December 7, 2009 6:23 PM GMT
Jimeen, TGM. No one tells you to read Workrider's thread. If you don't do personal don't read it.

I haven't even looked at the thread. I only look at threads that I have an interest in. Racing and Soccer.

TGM, jockeys do make fools of us from time to time. At Tipperary in July, I was talking to someone early in the day about one of Slippers rides and said he wouldn't be one of my favourites. That day with all the big jockeys riding there he rode a 4 timer!! Slippers is a light weight jockey. I think it is more difficult for them being smaller and having to carry a lot of dead weight.

As for the racing.

Reasonable crowd. €15 in €10 Pensioners.

Race 1) The money horse Where's The Dosh wins easy.

Race 2) Osana (4/9 available with Francis Hyland) dots up to show the O'Grady stable going ok. Sky's The Limit a winner in waiting imo.

Race 3) The two form horses Magnanimity (2/1) and Lucky William had it between them. This was Dessie's banker.

Race 4) my nap Quinola des Obeaux ( 4/7 with Dara) confirms Willie does have a lot of horses sick and coughing. A shrewd forumite on here told me to save on the winner Glenstal Abbey (5/1). Turform had him 8 points clear on ratings.

Race 5) Operation Houdini ( 5/2 available with David Barry) under a wonderful Slippers ride just gets the nod from Condon/ Meade Mythical Prince. I was watching it up in The Members Bar and a few trainers even thought Mythical Prince had prevailed.

Race 6) Telenor ( 13/8 available with David Barry) 5/2 in the morning won with his head in his chest under rising star Andrew Lynch.

Race 7) Benash 7/1 ( 2 pts longer available on here) well touted made all for a gritty win. Gormanstown Cuckoo (5/4f) last into the paddock looked like he will come on a ton for the run. The other live horse Liz Doyle's Annousu a fine animal threw away his chance in the paddock being very much on his toes. Ignore the run.
Report jimeen December 7, 2009 7:09 PM GMT
Soapp- You are propably right about not reading his threads to be fair.The one thing that made me smile was the bit about you watching the race in the members bar and some of the trainers thinking that Operation Houdini had been touched off.Im no expert on photos but i was absolutely certain that Operation Houdini had won,bearing in mind the bias for the near side in a photo finish at this track.When Megans Joy was given the verdict in a race there last year,then to me a horse would have to be a neck up to the naked eye if it was on the inside in a photo in this place.It just shows what some trainers know when they cant pick a winner even when the race is over.
Report soapp December 7, 2009 7:16 PM GMT
Jimeen, I just happened to be near one and hoped that they would have said OH as I was on it. BF I believe didn't bet on the photo.

O'Doherty's imo are useless. For starters they didn't have a camera on the line. Then unlike ATR and Channel 4, they didn't give us a still on the line.

Your'e opinion is justified as I remember the same was said many a time at Naas. Watching the rerun in the restaurant everyone in there would say one side would need to be nearly a good head up on the Still to get the verdict.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com