Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Storm Alert
17 Apr 24 15:59
| Topic/replies: 9,661 | Blogger: Storm Alert's blog
Well judged front running performance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Well done Bryony excllent run with...
Show More
Report Daryl Revok April 17, 2024 4:01 PM BST
Honcho will be setting you straight, about the female jockey, at approx 3am
Report MJK April 17, 2024 4:02 PM BST
Flagged her up on this horse the last time she rode it. Total non trier wide out the back, ran on to finish fourth. Totally different ride today.
Report Lampus April 17, 2024 4:31 PM BST
Great   judge of pace  and  the  horses   jump  for her  Happy
Report Somerset Sam April 17, 2024 4:51 PM BST
On a day with handshakes, laughs and back slapping in the pull up area after most of the races at Chektenham today, I didn't notice one other jockey even looking in her direction after the race she won.

Closed shop Bryony, get yourself away as soon as you can dear. The sport doesn't deserve you and your brave outlook in calling out the culture and the bullies.

Shameful from the rest but no real surprise that they've ultimately sided with an odious creature like Robbie Dunne.
Report nineteen points April 17, 2024 8:51 PM BST
well said and dont forget the trough guzzlers who shunned her
Report penzance April 18, 2024 2:46 PM BST
Gave that a nice ride from the front there aswell
Report Lampus April 18, 2024 2:47 PM BST
Thank you Bryony  another  great  ride  HappyHappy
Report brendrew April 18, 2024 2:48 PM BST
well done-other than cobden not many that good from the front.
Report LoyalHoncho April 19, 2024 4:35 AM BST
4a.m. actually - the clocks went forward last week.

Yes, I loved the way the female jockey let her winning mount slide to the right this time, across her nearest challenger, as it approached the final obstacle.
Report sageform April 19, 2024 11:48 AM BST
Bryony has had a revival this month but not on the scale of Saffie Osborne. Since returning from a spell in the emirates, she has ridden 8 winners from 28 rides in 14 days.
Report brendrew April 20, 2024 7:32 AM BST
Moving in front of rivals on the home straight seems to be a common tactic used by jockeys- Skelton on grey dawning at Warwick,Jacobs did the same.
I don't like it but seems to be the modern way-forces jockeys on 2 nd to change course.
Report sageform April 20, 2024 7:49 AM BST
They are all learning from Paul Townend who learned it from Ruby.
Report Ramruma April 20, 2024 12:54 PM BST
I cannot see why Bryony (on Sans Bruit) is favourite to win the Ayr 1.15. The Mullins hoss has a Grade 1 entry at Punchestown and Sans Bruit has gone up 10 pounds after winning at Aintree. The notoriously bullish Paul Nicholls sounded hopeful rather than confident.
Report barstool April 24, 2024 2:28 PM BST
Another one for the front runners.
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 24, 2024 2:31 PM BST
Can anyone lip read ?  It looked like Bryony said " That ones for you Honcho " ...  LaughGrin
Report LoyalHoncho April 24, 2024 2:52 PM BST
She did indeed say that.  As I said thank you female jockey.  Pocket heavier.
Report Ramruma April 26, 2024 10:20 AM BST
https://www.racingpost.com/news/britain/the-public-like-her-more-than-some-trainers-paul-nicholls-perplexed-at-lack-of-opportunities-for-bryony-frost-aupGb2O2uOB9/

'The public like her more than some trainers' - Paul Nicholls perplexed at lack of opportunities for Bryony Frost

Paul Nicholls has queried a perceived lack of opportunities for Bryony Frost this season, stating his belief that “the public like her more than some trainers do”.

Nicholls was speaking at a media conference organised by Great British Racing during which he was asked about the positive reception Frost encountered when returning to the winner’s enclosure at Perth on Wednesday.

The victory was Frost’s fourth win in her last 12 rides, with the jockey also landing the Grade 3 Red Rum Handicap Chase at Aintree and the Mares’ Challenger Series Final Hurdle at Cheltenham this month.

He said: “She’s riding well. I think the public like her more than some trainers do as she doesn’t seem to get too many rides these days, but she’s still riding as good as ever.

“She takes the opportunities she gets with both hands. It’s not up to me to decide who rides other people’s horses, but it strikes me that she does ride well and doesn’t get that many opportunities. She knows there’ll always be opportunities for her here.”

Frost said last month that she planned to spend part of her time riding in France in search of more opportunities, a move supported by Nicholls. Frost has had 26 winners from 181 rides this season, and while her tally is similar to the 29 winners from 177 rides she had in 2022-23, it is markedly down on her 43 winners from 245 rides in the 2021-22 season.

Eight of her wins this season have been from 46 rides for Nicholls, whose stable jockey Harry Cobden is leading the jump jockeys’ championship. Last season, Frost partnered 13 winners from 49 rides for Nicholls, with 12 wins from 59 rides in 2021-22 and 21 wins from 84 rides in 2020-21.

Nicholls said: “We’re not going to be busy between May and October, so I said to her go out there [France], enjoy yourself, and come back in October.

“I’ve heard rumours she’s going straight on after Sandown at the weekend, but she hasn’t told me. She’s going to be getting out there pretty quickly, though, and let's hope she makes a good go of it.”
Report sageform April 26, 2024 10:40 AM BST
All jockeys have strengths and weaknesses and women are no different to men once they are on a horse imo. Some people will notice the ones they lose while others notice the ones they win. Bryony overdoes the front running sometimes but she is in the top 10 NH jockeys when judging a fence. The outstanding woman rider over any code this month is Saffie Osborne who for me is better than Hollie Doyle and most of the male flat jockeys. I just shut my eyes at the rides that some men come up with every day with no comments on here but others (Marquand just about the best at the moment with Murphy close behind) are really good. Watch Murphy on Dambuster and Saffie on Ten Club yesterday. Both very good in different ways.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 11:12 AM BST
Ramruma, did you see the twitter post by Martin Smith?
He rand Bryony when she was at the track to ride his horse. Ludlow I think
Nicholls said she couldn't.
So he's full of sh1te, as if we didn't know
rang*
rang*
Report Ramruma April 26, 2024 11:38 AM BST
No, I did not see that tweet.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 11:57 AM BST
I've been on there a short while, I'll see if I can find it and work out how to post it
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 11:59 AM BST
Martin Smith posted

"Paul Nicholls perplexed at lack of opportunities for Bryony.
Really??!!

When we wanted her on Mister Tickle at Ludlow, she was riding there so I rang her agent and was told that Paul Nicholls wouldn’t let her take the ride. Too precious to ride for the little people?"
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 12:00 PM BST
^^

https://twitter.com/MartinPBSmith/status/1783536498257678462
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 12:02 PM BST
Smith adds
"The excuse was that it was his first run over fences, although he had won a point to point, Crazy"
Report Ramruma April 26, 2024 4:08 PM BST
Thanks, JCM. That must have been 20 Feb 2019. Looking at the card, Bryony's only ride is in the last. Dunno what was going on. Hold on, Mister Tickle is in a hurdles race so that can't be it.

That was Mister Tickle's only run at Ludlow so presumably PFN cost Bryony a ride on a non-runner.
Report Ramruma April 26, 2024 4:21 PM BST
Or it was five years ago and Martin Smith has got the details muddled up.
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 4:49 PM BST
Nice to see Robbie having a double and quietly getting on with his job!!!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 4:49 PM BST
Maybe it was w/d because Bryony was last available jock and PFN said no.
Just strikes me that she has connections to the top yard in England and Willie Mullins but it's everybody else's fault who won't give her rides.
And PFN has definitely lied there saying he has no input into if she can ride outside his stable
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 4:52 PM BST
Where can you substantiate PFN ever denying her rides outside his stable JCM and him lying?
Report sageform April 26, 2024 4:59 PM BST
This is the first season that Nicholls has allowed Cobden to take many outside rides so hardly surprising if he was protecting Bryony as well. And how many has Cheleda ridden for anyone else?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 5:04 PM BST
Nice spin. Protecting them, lol
Report sageform April 26, 2024 5:09 PM BST
If you have top riders worth at least 7lb because they are schooling the horses at home, why would you let them ride any old yokes for someone else? He has let Harry and Bryony loose now that they are more experienced but it made perfect sense to me. Harry Skelton doesn't take many either and don't tell me that he is never offered any.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 5:13 PM BST
“She takes the opportunities she gets with both hands. It’s not up to me to decide who rides other people’s horses, but it strikes me that she does ride well and doesn’t get that many opportunities. She knows there’ll always be opportunities for her here.”

Martin Smith cited a specific example of PFN saying no to whether she could ride an "outsider".

Go round the houses defending whomever.
Take it up with Martin, the link is further up the thread
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 5:43 PM BST
All ancient links and YT referrals then JCM but no actual fact to back up yet another accusation which goes undefended on here?

What sort of world do you live in where you expect everyone to believe you have some sort of inside track because you saw something on twatter or YOO tube iyo?

Btw the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese so sue me for telling porkies but defending against the same?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 5:53 PM BST
social media is massive nowadays, very informative.
I don't claim to have the inside track but I call out liars and hypocrites because it's in my dna
Probably why you get so offended.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 5:56 PM BST
The ancient link was posted a few days ago
I'd leave social media if I were you. You are clearly not up to working out how to use it.
Worked out how to use a vpn yet?
You must've made Clouseau look like Einstein when you worked on the force Crazy
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 5:57 PM BST
I only get offended on behalf of those not here to defend themselves JCM, you seem to perpetrate more lies than most without substance!!!

Grab a mirror and ask yourself why you do it and then seek help imvho!!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 6:01 PM BST
Lol, you are such a plum. So obvious.
PFN is the liar here, its in print.
Christ knows what your deal is. Heroin probably. Bore off boy
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 6:06 PM BST
So you have provided the evidence that Paul Nicholls is a liar and not your deluded little self, you think?

Where is this evidence that he is a liar and you are not a sad little entity that cannot see the obvious and is a habitual liar?

Keep on dancing but ffs try and avoid a total meltdown in front of your audience!!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 6:11 PM BST
You don't read posts, you are just a terrible thinker

PFN said in print he doesn't interfere with Bryony getting outside rides
Martin Smith, in print cited when he did interfere and stopped her.

Draw your own conclusions, but I'm surprised you can put one foot in front of the other tbh

This has all been said on this thread but of course you don't read, you just want an argument
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 6:12 PM BST
Anyway far cough now, I'm betting on USA.
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 6:22 PM BST
Actually JCM, I spent a few days at a stable where I conversed with a few who employed Bryony and did so for several years and not one mentioned PFN ever restricting her from outside rides. Neil King in fact declared that had he wished a stable jockey that PFN had suggested Bryony, before she became a known jockey to the public.

Same week of the Cheltenham Festival btw when I met the new owner of a horse Bryony had ridden and won on and she was full of praise for PFN and how he had guided her and given her opportunities. The fact she is now off to France with PFNs full support obviously missed your pea brain but negates your unfounded accusation of him restricting her from riding outside his stable?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 6:27 PM BST
Was this before or after you played keepy uppy with Maradona in the centre circle at Napoli?
You really do put the Liar in Cagliari

Thanks for the info you garnered when at PFN's that is all over the racing media
You are one deluded plum Cag Laugh
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 6:30 PM BST
Surprised you dared reply tbh, post up a single lie I have posted and substantiate the same, then explain the reasoning of why I would tell porkies like you?

Still waiting for your evidence of your past couple of lies btw?

Meltdown?
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 6:31 PM BST
I heard that Martin Smith was backscuttling you Cag a bit too hard and so ever since you've got it in for him and besmirch him whenever you can. Allegedly
Let it go Cag, let it go.
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 6:33 PM BST
Puppet On A Chain JCM!!!

You should know better, sad your demise tbh!!!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 6:33 PM BST
Is this gunna be one of those to and fros for about an hour and on your 5th whisky you ask for a fight?
Silly Cag, I know irrelevance is a hard thing for you to deal with but I really don't care.
Report CagliariG April 26, 2024 6:40 PM BST
I wish it was JCM, having a few single malts would be a welcome possibility but an unfortunate twist of fate renders that a non starter.

Pulling your chain a poor substitute tbh but maybe you can do better in your other user names?

Bed for me now but don't let the bed bugs bite whatever name you decide on for late night bollox!!!
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 26, 2024 6:43 PM BST
Don't sleep on your back. Swallowing vomit after a large dose has done in users before ExcitedWink
Report LoyalHoncho April 26, 2024 7:06 PM BST
Well done every jockey who rode winners today, and some who rode doubles.
All first class, professional jockeys, who get on with the job and eschew the limelight, in order to give us our hobbies, pastimes and .entertainment.
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 26, 2024 7:09 PM BST
.... Not as entertaining as you, you Seething wreck.
Report LoyalHoncho April 26, 2024 9:42 PM BST
Laugh  You need to take time off son.  You;re loopy.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com