Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big muff
04 Nov 23 16:08
| Topic/replies: 3,020 | Blogger: Big muff's blog
That's hw not to ride...
Show More
Report pandora1963 November 4, 2023 3:09 PM GMT
he was rubbis on that red thing earlier as well
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 3:09 PM GMT
Only a fool would think that was a bad ride.
Report Whippin Piccadilly November 4, 2023 3:10 PM GMT
What was it then Acey? Paul won't be happy with it, that's for sure.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:10 PM GMT
He should have gone on when the other horse was under pressure but decides to sit and let him put him under pressure at the last. Not brain surgeon material.
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 3:10 PM GMT
final fence was a stopping blunder
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 3:10 PM GMT
Brilliant ride and anybody that thinks otherwise knows fack all about Racing.Plain
Report Whippin Piccadilly November 4, 2023 3:11 PM GMT
GTF was it!
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:11 PM GMT
Pressure that he couldnt take.
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 3:11 PM GMT
Cobden is like Ruby you think the Horse is travelling a lot better than it is.
Report Ei Ei November 4, 2023 3:11 PM GMT
Wasn't a good ride, couldn't present the horse correctly at the last. Surely better jockeys out there.
Report casemoney November 4, 2023 3:12 PM GMT
Should have nicked a Couple of Lengths between the last two ,No good having ur hands full and going through the Last fence
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 3:12 PM GMT
He had his hands full of nothing case.
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 3:13 PM GMT
wasn't hands full imo case, being trained for KG aint gunna be cherry ripe for a charlie hall
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:13 PM GMT
The other horse shouldn’t have been upsides at the last period.
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 3:13 PM GMT
likely wins narrowly but for the blunder, stopped him completely
Report Hayden November 4, 2023 3:14 PM GMT
It's very early in November , just saying.
Report casemoney November 4, 2023 3:14 PM GMT
Traded 14 on was going a lot Better than the Winner , Could easy have pushed on ,
Report Whippin Piccadilly November 4, 2023 3:14 PM GMT
He should have put the race to bed by the last. It's not horse that stops when it hits the front. So absolutely no need for that kind of ride.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:20 PM GMT
Doesnt matter how well you are going if you hit the last you are fked for momentum. He tried to give him an easier race for the King George thinking the other horse would drop off. He was never going to drop off he had been going well himself. Ends up putting himself under big pressure at the last and bottled it foolish.
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 3:22 PM GMT
eric_morris • November 4, 2023 3:20 PM GMT
Doesnt matter how well you are going if you hit the last you are fked for momentum. He tried to give him an easier race for the King George

agree
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:25 PM GMT
Can we have Chamberlain saying how sh1t a ride it was … thought not ffs where did they find such an ass kisser. Bring back McCririck i believe in miracles.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:25 PM GMT
Can we have Chamberlain saying how sh1t a ride it was … thought not ffs where did they find such an ass kisser. Bring back McCririck i believe in miracles.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:26 PM GMT
Nicholls bullsh1tting profusely there to hold the fort must be furious underneath.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:31 PM GMT
I liked how Luke knew exactly what Nicholls was going to say there ha ha … he knows the code
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 3:32 PM GMT
Forgive Them Father.Sad
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:36 PM GMT
Mate I’m not religious.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:37 PM GMT
But if i was i wouldnt be begging for controls on people betting to be lifted i do have a heart.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 3:38 PM GMT
Losers only allowed we must all remember that.
Report steerforth November 4, 2023 3:45 PM GMT
Whatever the reasons for the error, to suggest that "its early November", that it's got other targets ahead, or that the horse either wasn't fully wound up for this or that Cobden didn't subject him to pressure he wasn't ready to take, tells you everything you need to know about the state of National Hunt racing in 2023. It's a £100k race, one of the prestige early season events, but everyone assumes it's all about peaking later. A seriously unhealthy state of affairs.
However, I'm not convinced that any of that is applicable here by the look of horror on Nichols' face. I'd be inclined to follow the form on its merits
Report Cider November 4, 2023 3:54 PM GMT
The last horse that could be expected to fluff the last. I wasn't involved in the race but I feel Cobden looked like he wasn't holding on to much. If he had he would have found for the pressure after the error, but instead he was stopping.
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 3:55 PM GMT
been following race 30 years & this race has always heavily favoured horses with a run under their belt, its nothing new
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 3:56 PM GMT
its a starting point for some & a main target for others
Report SlippyBlue November 4, 2023 3:58 PM GMT
Steerforth, you're bang on the money there.
Report Cider November 4, 2023 3:58 PM GMT
It's unfortunate some of the posters on here don't appear to understand the art of training. They are trying to win the pots but obviously can't be gunned hard for the whole season. And they nearly pulled it off. And that situation is factored into the market.
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 3:59 PM GMT
100% cider
Report seaside November 4, 2023 4:01 PM GMT
Agree should have kicked on.
Report Cider November 4, 2023 4:02 PM GMT
Yep wondersobright, and we tend to know the trainers that do target the early season, consequently fall away at the back end. Twister an obvious one.
Report wondersobright November 4, 2023 4:07 PM GMT
yep he has learnt from cyrname imo
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 4:28 PM GMT
Nicholls horses are always the fittest at the start of the season especially his chasers, he has the hill at home are you kidding?
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 4:30 PM GMT
Bravemansgame 14/1123-
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 4:37 PM GMT
It’s one of the reasons he is the best jumps trainer in England along with Hen Knight.

He doesn’t leave them undercooked risking them getting injured or having a race to drag the confidence and enthusiasm out of them.

They are ready to race he is the Martin Pipe hurdling equivalent over fences but better in that he can keep his horse close to peak all season and bring them to their best in March.

That horse was ready to win today as the horses and Nicholls past records show. The jockey didn't kick on with a horse with pace, he put himself under pressure and bottled it at the last. Shergar couldn't have picked up the momentum to win the race after that mistake.
Report Cider November 4, 2023 5:11 PM GMT
Not a question of winning the race or not after licking the last, he faltered from that point on. Look at You Wear It Well earlier on in the card as a contrast. She hit the last hurdle but soon found for pressure from the back of it, as she had more to give. BMG found nothing, because he was spent imv, and could well be why he hit it.
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 5:16 PM GMT
He didnt falter, from the last it is about a huge animal having momentum. Picking that up again will cause any animal that heavy to ‘faulter’. Did you not listen to Scudamore say before that race actually today that it matters less how you jump the last but more about the momentum you keep after it. He said they call it ‘keeping the revs up’.
Report formoftheace November 4, 2023 5:17 PM GMT
Boot it on two out it’s over ffs….

Excitement at the last it’s spent with the Irish fellow annoying him….
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 5:28 PM GMT
Also if he had kicked on he would have been travelling quicker as he jumped the last landing with more momentum to the line instead of getting to it slower then thinking about them jumping the last together and seemingly bringing on his own destiny.
Report formoftheace November 4, 2023 5:37 PM GMT
Exactly…..punters favourite call……”send it on ffs”……they ain’t wrong imo…
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 8:53 PM GMT
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 9:12 PM GMT
eric said ‘Father, you do not exist other to than those who have been indoctrinated into religious beliefs by those who wouldn’t have a clue about how the universe is formed or began and need a way of controlling you to their own ends even if it takes wars. Oh and by the way that was a sh1t ride I’m sure you agree’
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 9:15 PM GMT
ERIC 21:15 ( watching the Breeders Cup)
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 9:17 PM GMT
Laugh
Report kevo November 4, 2023 9:20 PM GMT
eric, when did they let you out?
Report acey deucy November 4, 2023 9:22 PM GMT
Pished if you ask me.Laugh
Report jinxy November 4, 2023 9:28 PM GMT
complete fcuk up of a ride . Full stop .
Report eric_morris November 4, 2023 9:31 PM GMT
Father said ‘by the time these gullible idiots start to ask questions and realise I don’t exist I will be away with the money and gold jewellery as quick as Ace Ventura can say Alrighty Then’
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com