Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
grayhawk
22 Sep 22 17:46
| Topic/replies: 29,373 | Blogger: grayhawk's blog
I've just set up my SKY Q mini box up in the place of my main box due to the noise of the main box driving me insane Angry and i'm unable to view Racing TV on it.  ( have put main box in a room where i don't have to listen to it )

Do i have to pay extra to view Racing TV on the mini box?
Pause Switch to Standard View Racing TV on SKY Q mini box question....
Show More
Report grayhawk September 22, 2022 6:00 PM BST
Should have added i'm not watching on the the main box
Report grayhawk September 22, 2022 6:20 PM BST
Just been on the site ...didn't realise it's an extra tenner a month to watch it on multi room...wouldn't care i'm not even watching it on the main box Sad
Report elise September 22, 2022 6:37 PM BST
i don't have multiroom, but a friend of mine used to pay 12 extra for the 2nd box initially, he threatened to quit, and they gave him the 2nd box for subscription for free, may still be worth a try
Report grayhawk September 22, 2022 6:57 PM BST
Ta ...i'll ring tomorrow Elise
Report SlippyBlue September 22, 2022 7:28 PM BST
Grayhawk, I've got one main box downstairs and 2 Q boxes upstairs.

I pay £24.98 per month, it has been like that for ages and if you argue the toss saying you want it a bit cheaper they just say no dice. That's my experience anyway and I don't mind paying the pony anyway.
Report grayhawk September 22, 2022 7:47 PM BST
I pay £24.98 Slippy ....have paid the full price since the start of Racing UK and i'm happy with that.

I've never had my mini box in use before....have set it up today for the first time to replace my main box and it's saying - please check your subscription entitles you to view this channel on this box.

Checked the RTV site and it says i've got to pay an extra £10 per box/minbox to watch on multiroom or SKY Q.

So they'll be wanting me to pay £34.98 to watch on my mini box even though my main box will only be getting used for signal.
Report mrcombustible September 22, 2022 10:24 PM BST
Your main box should not be making a noise, get Sky to replace it
Report grayhawk September 22, 2022 11:45 PM BST
He's been today Mrcombustible...i'm on my fourth box....all been the same substandard product, cheaply made with the hard drive rattling like fook.

Doesn't help that i watch most sport with the tv on mute and can her a mouse fart at 20 yards.
Report grayhawk September 22, 2022 11:46 PM BST
* hear a mouse
Report dustybin September 23, 2022 7:43 AM BST
Always amazes me that people actually want to be able to watch RTV in every room.

Besides when you subscribe to RTV don’t you get the ability to view it through apps and the browser?
So that means an iPad Pro and/or PC/Mac….surely that’s enough options?
Report sparrow September 23, 2022 7:46 AM BST
Never heard noises before on my Sky boxes.
Report Storm Alert September 23, 2022 8:37 AM BST
If your 2nd TV is a smart TV t is possible to cast from an Android or Apple phone (I do this when I want to watch in my conservatory). The Racing TV app is available on some recent Smart TV's with Android BOx or Sony Smart TV.

The only problem with those solutions is you can't flit around channels, rewind etc. Incidentally it is possible to get the monthly sub reduced, I had it at £10 for a year and then £12.50 for a year and was offered that again, but I still cancelled, just got fed up with too many meetings resulting in all being covered poorly.
Report grayhawk September 23, 2022 10:41 AM BST
I've had four Q boxes Sparrow and they've all been noisy Sad....but as i say i watch most sport on mute so the noise is accentuated to me.

Been on to them this morning and they've added my mini box at no extra cost Happy
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 September 23, 2022 10:44 AM BST
WD Greyhawk on getting free noise!Grin
Report grayhawk September 23, 2022 11:07 AM BST
Grin Noise free with the mini box Love
Report michael59 September 23, 2022 11:41 AM BST
just renewed rtv and got it for£12.50 a month aslong as i signed for the year
Report sparrow September 23, 2022 12:33 PM BST
Well done on the saving greyhawk but I'd still want that noise fixing.
Report grayhawk September 23, 2022 12:38 PM BST
The thing is Sparrow i'm fine now...the mini box is silent in the front room where i watch tv and the noisy main box is in the spare room.
Report elise September 23, 2022 12:39 PM BST
gray, be interested to know if you're experiencing a lag on pic speed between the two boxes if you ever get the chance to check it out, cheers
Report duffy September 23, 2022 1:12 PM BST
Still have the old Sky+ box, won't get a Q box because it doesn't have a slow motion feature like the Sky+ box has.
Report grayhawk September 23, 2022 1:38 PM BST
Elise....i've no TV upstairs where the main box is - it's just there for signal....the engineer said there wasn't if that helps.

Duffy ...i didn't want one but had too when my old HD box broke down.
Report elise September 23, 2022 2:38 PM BST
ok cheers, i was told early set ups had a lag, just wondered if it had changed
Report duffy September 23, 2022 3:45 PM BST
gray, yes I'm dreading mine packing up as I'm told it's Sky Q only now
Report duffy September 23, 2022 4:00 PM BST
Having said that, just looking on ebay and you can get sky plus boxes on there cheap enough....unless I'm missing something, just stick your card in one of them and it'll work won't it?
Report screaming from beneaththewaves September 23, 2022 4:24 PM BST
You have to register your card online, duffy, but it's very easy. I know this, because I did it - bought a new Sky Plus HD box off some company online, in order to avoid Sky Q.
Report duffy September 23, 2022 4:46 PM BST
That's good, been dreading the plus box packing upGrin
Report Aberdeen Angus September 23, 2022 5:15 PM BST
Had RUK for a few years but got rid of it when I changed to Sky Q boxes. Watch every race now on B365 (Full Screen) and not even thought about RUK for a long time.
Report duffy September 23, 2022 6:00 PM BST
I got rid too, Live Video quicker for I/R so no real need, although if it comes about for half price again sometime like black friday, may reconsider.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com