Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
flag of goats
05 Aug 22 22:02
| Topic/replies: 367 | Blogger: flag of goats's blog
Is this event the worst Saturday of racing of the whole calendar year?
Pause Switch to Standard View The Shergar Cup
Show More
Report Puertorico1 August 5, 2022 10:10 PM BST
Every Saturday before and after Cheltenham Festival is worse Saturday of the whole calendar year, due to the horses that ran and the one's that didn't make it and might make it next year or two years later...........................................
Report 1830 August 5, 2022 10:11 PM BST
Yes.
Report Poppydog. August 5, 2022 10:28 PM BST
Don't know - but it is one meeting out of a few thousand.
But I'm afraid the Betfair Forum may collapse in on itself, without the annual Shergar Cup-moaning-thread(s).

Spooky that the Betfair Forum and The Shergar Cup have been going about the same length of time.
Interesting odds-market on which will bite the dust first?
Report casemoney August 6, 2022 12:15 AM BST
Be mass Excitement in the Morning Line studio Regarding the Cup

3 or 4 hours of Tallying up points in the Afternoon , that no one could give a fook about
Report onlooker August 6, 2022 2:28 AM BST
Racing does NOT- and never has - lend itself to 'Jockey Challenges' - and -  worse still, 'TEAM' Events

NEVER has - NEVER will ... No matter how they 'dress it up' - be it the Shergar Cup - or the newer ridiculous 'Racing League'.

Complete Artificial {b]MEANINGLESS[/b] Nonsense Cry
Report onlooker August 6, 2022 2:51 AM BST
^ A Jockey cannot suddenly decide  before the Last ace ...

I/We need MAXIMUM Points from this Final race ... so - I need to 'ride the ballcocks off this one'

In that case ... WHY has he/she Not - 'ridden the ballcocks off'-  all his/her previous rides, then? - in order to 'bank up the Points'.

The horse is going to run the SAME Race in the Final race - as it would Whatever the situation

A Jockey - ANY Jockey - simply cannot suddenly make 5 lengths difference to a horse's performance - if it is ridden competently - whatever the overall state of play.

They cannot- That is an illusion ...or - Delusion.

Which makes the whole concept just a Delusional Dream ... or delusional Disaster - if you are a REALIST.
Report saxon farm August 6, 2022 6:28 AM BST
I agree totally, onlooker.
Report olddesperado August 6, 2022 11:08 AM BST
Totally agree with the above posts,

Its just another cog in the wheel of dumbing down the sport agenda.
Report stridingedge August 6, 2022 11:13 AM BST
I've just been through a race without realizing the horse I was looking to place lay isn't even going to be a runner cos of the team structure allowing only 10 runners. Crazy
Report spyker August 6, 2022 11:18 AM BST
every year you lot are the bleating same - just have a day off today ffs.
Report stridingedge August 6, 2022 11:23 AM BST
lol Spkyer

The first time I've ever commented on the meeting.

Get down form yer high horse lad. Laugh
Report acey deucy August 6, 2022 11:30 AM BST
I like it.Excited
Report acey deucy August 6, 2022 11:33 AM BST
You gotta laugh, you mugs are happy to do your brains every Saturday but come Shergar Cup Day you all think you are to shroood to bet on it....You couldn't make it up ffs.LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report s.kenbo August 6, 2022 11:33 AM BST
I’m not too bothered by it. It seems to have become very fashionable not to like it though.
Report steerforth August 6, 2022 12:33 PM BST
So a majority opinion is less valid because it's just "fashionable".
People are on here moaning because they hold out a vain but futile hope that somebody, somewhere with a say in these matters will realise that this c**p is of no importance or interest to racing fans.
As for the forum/SC market to be the first to be binned, I'd bet big that there will be nowhere to moan long before we see the back of it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com