Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
StillLearning
27 May 22 19:25
| Topic/replies: 10,719 | Blogger: StillLearning's blog
After a 5 minute shower

ycnmiu
Pause Switch to Standard View inspecting track at haydock
Show More
Report DOUBLED May 27, 2022 7:26 PM BST
shambles
Report jmdc May 27, 2022 7:29 PM BST
Kirkland Tellwright will be bull_**** everyone again.
Report Mr Myxlplyx May 27, 2022 7:29 PM BST
hope they abandon the 7.25 round the bend

I have For a Laugh in my placepot and it is stinking Cry
Report Wesdag May 27, 2022 7:33 PM BST
farcical scenes
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 7:36 PM BST
I've had it with British racing. Run by a bunch of nincompoops. They must all be related to Boris

Johnson!
Report Derhandy May 27, 2022 7:37 PM BST
Or the same people that voted for Boris Johnson and are surprised how things are going...
Report elise May 27, 2022 7:38 PM BST
bit harsh, the bha can't organise a pish up in a brewery, but boris seems to be able to organise one anywhere
Report elise May 27, 2022 7:39 PM BST
kirkland with his usual bag of shoite
Report Mr Myxlplyx May 27, 2022 7:40 PM BST
Placepot pais £12.70 for 2 races - I will take that Laugh
Report sparrow May 27, 2022 7:42 PM BST
Abandoned.
Report elise May 27, 2022 7:43 PM BST
can't comment because he hasn't ridden it, but he could have fcking walked it properly after racing yday and checked the bends
Report Mr Myxlplyx May 27, 2022 7:43 PM BST
should have run races 4 and 5 which were sprint on the straight course.

a no brainer.
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 7:43 PM BST
Why aren't tight bends cambered?  On second thoughts, stupid question. This is Great British  racing,

the best in the World. Clerk of the course sounded clueless.
Report StillLearning May 27, 2022 7:44 PM BST
what a joke cant even put a race meeting on after a shower of rain

embarrassing
Report jmdc May 27, 2022 7:44 PM BST
Should never have been converted into a greyhound track in the first place!
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 7:46 PM BST
Exactly Mr Myx. But hey, that would  mean someone would have to think of it and I doubt there is

anyone in authority there capable of doing that.
Report elise May 27, 2022 7:46 PM BST
all the garbage re ground that comes out of haydock every year, can never understand how he keeps a job
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 27, 2022 7:49 PM BST
Is tomorrow abandoned?
Laugh
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 7:51 PM BST
Probably after the 2nd race,Imsolucky, so they don't have to refund entry.
Report Wesdag May 27, 2022 7:54 PM BST
Can't ever recall any Irish meetings getting abandoned halfway thru.
Report DonegalPrince May 27, 2022 7:54 PM BST
the horse I have a share in was due to run. She has been waiting for a bit of cut in the ground since April. Perfect for her tonight. Tellwrong is an incompetent eejit. Arrogant when interviewed. Very passive aggressive. Won't be accountable for this. How on earth it is not safe on the straight course defeats ,me.
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 7:56 PM BST
All prize money should be shared out amongst connections. Why should Haydock keep it?
Report geoff m May 27, 2022 7:58 PM BST
kirkland f**ked up again.
Report Mr Myxlplyx May 27, 2022 7:58 PM BST
Musselbugh has the top bend cambered and the bottom bend is an all weather surface which has been a great success and I am surprised more tracks dont go that way.
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 7:58 PM BST
Donegal. Buy a share in a horse in France. Prize money three times what is is here and racing is

run competently.
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 8:00 PM BST
I'd forgotten that, Mr Myx. Mind you that's in Scotland where brains are not in such short supply.
Report windsor knot May 27, 2022 8:00 PM BST
if you know what he is known as in the north west ....its kirkland tellwrong .
Report onlooker May 27, 2022 8:01 PM BST
Why could they not run the next 2 races over the 6 Furlongs STRAIGHT ?
Report DonegalPrince May 27, 2022 8:01 PM BST
I like to see her run and on the gallops though rograin. Hard enough getting to Newmarket as a non-driver never mind France!
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 8:05 PM BST
Understood, Donegal. But think of a couple of weeks or more in Deauville in August!
Report jimnast May 27, 2022 8:08 PM BST
The reason onlooker is it’s jockey club racecourses in haydock case the worst run racecourse in the country.
Report Cider May 27, 2022 8:15 PM BST
Apparently the reason is the run off is around the bend and the jockeys didn't want to race.
Report number7 May 27, 2022 8:20 PM BST
He is going to sort it out for tomorrow .I think I might put a few quid on the horses that like heavy ground.
Report DonegalPrince May 27, 2022 8:24 PM BST
been there a few times rograin. There is a fish market  on the front  in Trouville that serves the best, freshest, most succulent shellfish in christendom. Nearly missed the French 1000/2000G to have a longer lunch.
Report StillLearning May 27, 2022 8:25 PM BST

May 27, 2022 -- 7:54PM, DonegalPrince wrote:

the horse I have a share in was due to run. She has been waiting for a bit of cut in the ground since April. Perfect for her tonight. Tellwrong is an incompetent eejit. Arrogant when interviewed. Very passive aggressive. Won't be accountable for this. How on earth it is not safe on the straight course defeats ,me.

aye Cunningham was trying to give him a grilling but the posh one was having none of it, seemed it wasn't his fault he wants you to believe

Report Try My Best May 27, 2022 9:46 PM BST
What a total embarrassment my local course has become. The Clerk is the biggest waste of time on the circuit with trainers always complaining about the ground. Too expensive to get in and punters getting ripped off with food and drink prices and crap racing. This lot really need a bite of a reality sandwich. I won't be going tomorrow in case the sun comes out making the ground too slippery and them taking my money after the inevitable postponement after the third race. When is someone going to come in and sort out our great sport currently run by the biggest ars!holes known to man.
Report windsor knot May 27, 2022 9:49 PM BST
haydock was a once great racecourse...the winter mid week jumps meets total highlights . alas, its gone down the chester route ; crap bars , crap booze, crap viewing, crap racing .....
Report roggrain May 27, 2022 10:46 PM BST
Yes Donegal that market is great. I go there before racing and usually buy their (I forget what it's

called) sort of stew consisting of chicken, sausage, veg etc in a delicious sauce and a tub of Cous

Cous on the side. My favourite jock is always there, Peslier. Coolest character around.

I was by the exit chute one day when, as he was led out, one of the 'Turfists' was following along

giving him the rude fist and shouting all sorts of stuff for his ride in the previous race.

At first he ignored the abuse. Then he looked down at the guy, smiled, and blew him a kiss! That

stopped him in his tracks. Of course I also like Peslier for High Rise (25/1 Derby) and Solemia's

Arc (40/1) when Orfevre looked all over the winner.

Great, relaxed atmosphere and all for a few euros entry. No drunken yobs (except Arc day when the

Brits come) . The way racing should be.
Report ashleigh May 28, 2022 9:33 AM BST
kirkland couldn't explain why it went wrong.CryLaugh
Report GLASGOWCALLING May 28, 2022 2:16 PM BST
COC says he was aiming for fast ground !!!!  Kick in the Baws if you own a Horse who likes give in the ground.
Report Try My Best May 28, 2022 4:14 PM BST
Same going on at Chester and Beverly now. You wouldn't get this going on in the USA or Australia.
Report Life-Lucky May 28, 2022 4:28 PM BST
Proof, if proof be needed, that the world we used to know .. people tell me it ain't like it was before. This is gettin' silly. Enjoy the Decline
Report Daryl Revok May 28, 2022 4:33 PM BST
It wasn't the watering at Beverley. It wasn't the watering at Haydock. It won't be the watering at Chester. Confused
Report Try My Best May 28, 2022 4:38 PM BST
Utter shambles. A new low for racing in this country. Customers ripped off again.
Report Try My Best May 28, 2022 4:40 PM BST
Not one apology to the customers by another hurray henry on tv.
Report swiftynifty May 28, 2022 4:41 PM BST
Exactly Daryl. If grass isn't cut too short it doesn't require watering. Throughout the year there'll be firm ground for long periods which is safe for horses that go on it. Then the heavens will open and there'll be a few days of soft ground for those types. It's luck of the draw with what the heavens deliver, but it should end these farces.
Report windsor knot May 28, 2022 6:19 PM BST
i would be surprised if anyone at chester noticed . you could show old films on the big screens of racing and most would lap it up . ....shameless place . remember when they wanted to stage hurdle races ?!!!
Report DonegalPrince May 28, 2022 6:42 PM BST
rograin, lovely tale. At the risk of prolonging the thread, let me tell you my Peslier tale. A few years ago we went to a great place in Deauville. Used to leave Racing Posts outside of a morning for people to take. Shut now sadly. Forgotten the name. My mate had won large on Banks Hill in USA a few years back and, on his way to the gents, said well done to OP who was there with his partner and another couple. An hour later, when we were nursing cognacs, the owner (who sort of knew us) came over to our table and said OP was grateful for the appreciation and would  we care to join the table for a digestif. We spent 30 or 40 minutes chatting away partaking of the most amazing armagnac which OP had bought because he had said that he would buy a big drink for his mate and his wife when he, the trainer, had his first runner in a G1 (which he had ridden with no success that afternoon).  I had never had a drink like it (and I love my armagnacs). Over a few more later in the evening my mate Googled the bottle to discover that it was as rare as rocking horse etc and a bottle had just been sold at auction for E20,000!!!!! It was undoubtedly the bottle we had! What a day. What a guy.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com