Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Storm Alert
26 May 22 18:58
| Topic/replies: 7,410 | Blogger: Storm Alert's blog
Converserly Daniel Tudhop on Enemy and  Euchen Glenrode and Paul Mulrennanlike rode brain dead races, obviously had no idea what sort of pace was set.
Pause Switch to Standard View Quickthorn - Tom Marquand great ride
Show More
Report Ahoy 1982 May 26, 2022 6:59 PM BST
Excellent, the ones at the back absolutely useless.
Report Trendy May 26, 2022 7:12 PM BST
Hollie rode well for second place.
Report wondersobright May 26, 2022 7:21 PM BST
probert in the clown class also
Report hulk23 May 26, 2022 7:39 PM BST
cheers for the best system ever wonders .... probert's winning the next on this Farasi Lane.
Report DonegalPrince May 26, 2022 10:59 PM BST
I will be  shot down for exaggeration no doubt, and I fully declare that I backed it, but this was one of the great rides imho. It takes balls to do what he did. I have been going to Sandown for 30 years and never seen a ride like that over 1m6f or 2m. He kept out wide (when nobody else had) and then had the courage to take the lead rather than "slot in". He then kept the pace up on a horse that had never won over 2m. Still not easing up he carried on to test stamina and make use of track position. A brilliant plan, perfectly executed. We give far too much praise to rides that are, simply, ordinary (fast pace, hold up, come late typically). But insufficient to a brave front running rides which used the width of the course. A truly outstanding ride from a very good, confident and brave jockey. I told him so on the walkway back.
Report Storm Alert May 27, 2022 9:36 AM BST
It was a good ride and it has proved to me once and for all he is an excellent judge of pace. I always think it is not much use going to the outside like that for better ground unless you lead and stay wide enough to dissuade anyone else from following you. I thought his ride on Roxzoff in the last was even better after taking a strong hold, Tom managed to keep him covered up in midfield and switched him to the outside allowing him to drift wide onto the better ground and win going away.

The Quickthorn ride was a plan well executed, the Roxzoff ride showed fantastic horsemanship and intelligence, excellent.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com