Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stu
24 May 22 13:53
| Topic/replies: 16,576 | Blogger: stu's blog
Horses have never seen a stall by look of some.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
ProSniper
When: 24 May 22 14:56
I was going to ask, does the UK have the worse record when it comes to trouble at the stalls? I've noticed a lot of trouble lately. When you watch other countries they always seem to glide in without any problems Confused
By:
the dealer
When: 24 May 22 15:32
The design of the stalls in the UK are very poor
By:
the dealer
When: 24 May 22 15:34
You can put a horse through the stalls a 100 times at home but it doesn't replicate a full field on race day.
By:
onlooker
When: 24 May 22 15:36
They always used to (rightly) say that the UK STALLS were not as wide as other Countries...
- as they had to be made within a certain Ministry of Transport Size Restrictions, for Towing them around the Roads when being transported from racecourse to racecourse.

Some years ago, though, the BHB, or whatever they were called at the time, commissioned a load of Australian-style Stalls ....

Whether they were brought From Australia - or built here on the Australian design - I am not 100% sure of - although, I am fairly sure that YORK bought a set from Australia that had been used at Flemington.

That is the issue, though .... Some Racecourses have always had their Own Starting Stalls (which, if built a little wider, would negate the Travel Size Restrictions) whilst other Racecourses relied on the Stalls being brought TO them.

Quite what the OVERALL situation is now - would be good to know .... and that information should be in the Public Domain.
By:
the dealer
When: 24 May 22 15:44
Thanks onlooker 100% agree
By:
sparrow
When: 24 May 22 15:51
I often wonder what American race fans think when they see the performance of getting horses in the stalls over in this country.
By:
DonegalPrince
When: 24 May 22 18:37
I went to see  a horse I had a share in at Newmarket last year with George Boughey. (Sadly it was CashEW not CachET!!). Before we saw her gallop on Warren Hill he took us to see stalls practice for some other horses. He put 4 in a set of stalls 3 times and got them to break. He said he did this regularly with 2yos. Not sure if he is unusual in this respect but his horses nearly always go in and break out. Practice makes perfect. The Dealer is right if all they do is single stalls in their own yards. 4 horses together on Warren Hill is different...and better
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com