Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarts rise
23 May 22 15:39
| Topic/replies: 26,271 | Blogger: stewarts rise's blog
In weight, many people find it incredulous that 1 lb can make a difference to a horses chances of winning, what with a racehorse weighing on average about 1200 lbs why should a couple of bags of butter make the horse win or lose!
Amazing Amaya has ran 2nd 3 times at Wolver since Jan off a mark of 54 btn a sh/hd twice and a length. Last won at Chelmsford off todays mark of 53, lets see if that 1 lb makes a difference.
Pause Switch to Standard View What difference does a pound make.
Show More
Report stewarts rise May 23, 2022 3:44 PM BST
That didn't go to plan!
Report swiftynifty May 23, 2022 4:16 PM BST
The weight of the horse would be more relevant than the weight carried. She may have been having butter on her hay.
Report Manoleeds May 23, 2022 4:24 PM BST
It's a good point -Stewart Simpson said that weight can stop horses but taking weight off a poor horse won't make it run any faster.
Try carrying a heavy suitcase 5 yards -no problem -now try carrying it 20 yards.
I don't think Nick Mordin adjusted his speed figures for weight.
I'm often amazed when A has beaten B by a length and someone says the next time they meet that B should beat A as B is meeting A on 3lb better terms.
Extra weight on heavy ground must count for more than on good ground.
No doubt someone out there will totally disagree.
Report swiftynifty May 23, 2022 4:32 PM BST
at a certain point in a race a horse can only travel at a maximum speed of X. A horse could run at that speed carrying no weight or 8 stone. It's maintaining that speed for a longer duration where the weight fatigue comes into play. Hence a slowly run race my negate weight swings when horses meet again.
Report Billy Liddell May 23, 2022 5:05 PM BST
sr
I actually said the same to my wife this morning when I was sitting here studying while she was watching 30yr old re-runs of Corrie. I have noticed when a horse is raised say 3lbs for running well but not winning they seem to struggle next time when fancied.

Not to be yesterday, Villa and Wolves both played well and we have The European Cup to come, Thiago looks injured but hopefully Fabinho is back along with VVD. Whatever happens it has been a great season..
Report stewarts rise May 23, 2022 5:11 PM BST
They did there best for you Billy, just couldn't hold on against the onslaught.
Did find it funny that Superjack was crying in the tunnel afterwards, was it because he couldn't get on the pitch. Fair play to both Man City and Liverpool 2 exceptional teams.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com