Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
19 May 22 23:43
| Topic/replies: 18,468 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
so,that means 11% don't lose.
"Now,all these losing gamblers need to ask themselves a question."who taught you to gamble"?
Exactly !!!Answer=Nobody taught you,you taught yourself ,and that's why you lose.
Its time losing gamblers went to a school to learn how to win gambling.They could be taught by top professional winning gamblers.
Then their lives would change,when the profits roll into their bank accounts.And everyone would be proud of them.
So find that winning gambler and ask him the secret on how to win gambling.He will only be too delighted to teach you.And he might be closer to you than you think.
And the more you are addicted to gambling the more you will win.Happy
Pause Switch to Standard View 89% OF GAMBLERS LOSE.
Show More
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 19, 2022 11:46 PM BST
Can you win throwing a lot of darts?
Report brassneck May 19, 2022 11:50 PM BST
i got the powerGrin
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 12:05 AM BST
i was checking out the Tesla system and it works and shows profit every time it played.thats the 3,6,9,system for anyone who is not firmilure with it.But its the staking plan that makes it work in my opinion ,not the 3,6,9,numbers .But strangely the 3,6,9. numbers show more profit than any other 3 random numbers every time i play it.Surprised
Report onlooker May 20, 2022 12:18 AM BST
'9 Points' on a sh!t selection = 3 times worse than the 3 points on your Original sh!t selection ... that has taken you to the '9 point' selection - via the losing '6 point' selection....

Now - Get out of that one.
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 12:27 AM BST
its the same as martingale ing 1,3,6. in every dog race.(back the 3 dogs to win)if the three dogs are beaten double up on next race.you will not go through a dog meeting without showing profit,and go back to the original stake on each every time you win.its much better than betting red on a roulette wheel.in fact its difficult not to win,think its the advantage of not including the coffin box.Wink
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 12:39 AM BST
i think all the winning gamblers on betfair should share a few of their winning systems with the readers of the forum,sort of help the poor guys get a few grand in their bank accounts.ITS NOT EASY TO WIN UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO GAMBLE CORRECTLY.Sad
Some people rely on luckSad
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 12:55 AM BST
if you go into any bookmakers office and back 1,3,6, in every dog race ,it won't be long before you are told leave,thats why you must have three people on your team operating in 3 different offices.Shocked
Report strontium May 20, 2022 9:02 AM BST
I'm surprised it's only 89%. I had read previously that 98% of accounts on here are losers.
Report JJmbe May 20, 2022 9:23 AM BST
Good luck getting on after 3 losing races, unless you betting in Turkish Lira Laugh.
Report Facts May 20, 2022 9:26 AM BST
Any system based on an increasing staking plan after losers, will fail.
There's only one staking system that works.
Level stakes.
Report Life-Lucky May 20, 2022 9:28 AM BST
Brasso, since I read your post here 7 or 8 months ago about £147,000 in 104 bets and consequently adopting that "only bet on 'certs' policy" .. I'm £125 up. It's not working out as well I'd hoped (yet) but hey, I'm one of the 11%! Thanks again
Report acey deucy May 20, 2022 11:43 AM BST
I wish i could help but i aint got the time.Cool
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 12:01 PM BST
The number one rule for all gamblers is to win more money than you lose.
its not a get rich quick overnight sort of business.
so before you start gambling today ,remember that your goal is to show profit before you put your head on the pillow tonight.
slow down ,you know what you have to do.Cool
Report G Hall May 20, 2022 12:12 PM BST
Brass

Gambling is easy...its the winning that is hard.
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 12:13 PM BST
most gamblers get reckless when they win"YES,WHEN THEY WIN"They think their luck is in,they think its an easy way to make money.
so rule number two,be extra careful when you are winning.Shocked
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 12:32 PM BST
now,since Betfair opened for business a gambler has a great and fair chance of winning if he plays the game correctly.
Betfair is the greatest invention since gambling began.
Gambling in a bookie office is a real NO NO.because if you win they will chuck you out,Betfair live up to their name and allow you a fair bet,and they give the biggest odds.Anyone who is serious about turning their gambling into a profitable business must avail of the Betfair gambling company.
so rule number three.Use the betfair company to place all your bets.
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 20, 2022 1:06 PM BST

May 20, 2022 -- 9:26AM, Facts wrote:

Any system based on an increasing staking plan after losers, will fail.There's only one staking system that works. Level stakes.

Do you know of a successful gambler called Martin Gale?

Report cacique May 20, 2022 1:57 PM BST
Its not how often you win or loose, but how much you win when you win and how much you loose when you loose.

And also realising that getting a good price is not the holy grail either!

eg, I could give you 150 million to 1 for the euro millions on a one chance ticket. Good price given the odds are 139,838,160/1... but you still have to over come the odds to win!!  I would expect not to have to pay out.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 20, 2022 2:11 PM BST
the 11% all bet with tattoo in ricardo's gaffé.
Report G Hall May 20, 2022 2:14 PM BST
Ever heard of premium charge brass
Report geoff m May 20, 2022 2:16 PM BST
and if everyone follows the advice .Who will all the winners be winning from??
Report elise May 20, 2022 2:17 PM BST
i think it's wise at this point to mention that 100% of posters called brassneck are loons
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 2:32 PM BST
Why would top gamblers waste their time teaching others how to gamble? Their fees would have to be huge to make it worth it. There is only one way to teach someone how to win in a short time frame - give them a proven, ready-made system. If enough people get the system, it will become worthless and they're back to square 1.

The other problem is staking. Let's say someone has a 10% return on their stakes in the long term. They grow a bankroll from 1000 to 2000. There is no reason not to double the stakes at this point, it's no different than depositing 2k in the first place. Then a bad run comes and they're back to 1000, or worse. But with flat stakes, they'd still be at 1500 which is 50% above the starting BR. That's why it's so much easier to win when you have a BR so big that you don't need to increase the stakes anymore.
Report elise May 20, 2022 2:37 PM BST
i think it's wise at this point to mention that 100% of posters called gaze are fckwits
Report Hayden May 20, 2022 2:40 PM BST
89% looks very much on the low side to me.
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 2:45 PM BST
dear MR G HALL,If a guy is profession enough at gambling and has a sharp mind and knowledge to show large profits,i am sure he can be clever enough to avoid  premium charges,it is not rocket science.Have you never heard of Albert Einstein;s hotel that always had a room for new guests even when it was full.E=MC2.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 20, 2022 2:47 PM BST
why would 1% of top gamblers edit their p&l?
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 2:53 PM BST
top professionals gamblers can turn any addicted gambler who loses into a top professional businessman.
if you are a winning gambler get an addicted loser and teach him how to gamble correctly ,you will be amazed at the change in the guy and the respect he gets
Report elise May 20, 2022 2:53 PM BST
Have you never heard of Albert Einstein;s hotel that always had a room for new guests even when it was full.E=MC2.   ... you clearly haven't
Report pumphol. May 20, 2022 3:22 PM BST
so 89% of all gamblers lose & of the other 11% I suspect 89% cannot get a bet on away from the exchanges !
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 3:26 PM BST
The best way to become a winner is this: Track all your bets in a spreadsheet. That way you will know what works and what doesn't. 90% of punters probably don't track their bets in a meaningful way. And no, putting the horse's name and odds into a spreadsheet is not meaningful tracking.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 20, 2022 3:36 PM BST
Gaze733 20 May 22 15:26 
The best way to become a winner is this:
put an extra comma in your p&l.
Report tantpis May 20, 2022 3:39 PM BST
Do not tell anyone how you make a profit,could not do it without Betfair and racing replays,proper course going reports also help.
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 3:46 PM BST
Replays are not worth the time, everything important is in the numbers. The odds makers and handicappers saw that run too.
Report tantpis May 20, 2022 3:53 PM BST
Agree to a fashion Gaze but when the going turns soft or heavy I like to see the horse I fancy Knee action to confirm to me that they will act on the going,but each person have their own preferences on what to look out for.
Report Hayden May 20, 2022 3:55 PM BST
Gaze

"That way you will know what works and what doesn't "

Correction , you will know what worked yesterday but will only think you know what may or may not work tomorrow.
Report tantpis May 20, 2022 3:57 PM BST
Also replays can show you what the going was really like,as the reports in the form for the going are not correct a lot of the time.
Report tantpis May 20, 2022 4:07 PM BST
I congratulate all of the 11% that win and hope you all go on making it pay,and hope that this silly Gov White Paper does not change things,especially for myself as I love working out my wagers and watching the racing each day.
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 4:07 PM BST
Hayden: One angle has 100 horses, 20% won at average odds 3.0
        The second angle has 100 horses, 40% won at average odds 3.0

Today there's a runner for each angle. Believe it or not, it's very likely the fav from the first angle running today has a chance closer to 20% than 40%. But someone tracking the angles together would just see a 30% win rate at 3.0 which is useless.
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 4:09 PM BST
losers are told to give up gambling,i say teach the losers to become winners.and no one will have a gambling problem.
and then the only problem will be .how to get a bet on.
and winners know how to get bets on ,so they can teach the losers how to get bets on when they become winners.
ALL GAMBLERS THAT LOSE NEED TO GO TO THE SCHOOL TO BECOME A WINNING GAMBLERGrin
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 20, 2022 4:16 PM BST
ADD A COMMA..SIMPLE
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 4:20 PM BST
As the great Albert said,keep doing the same thing and you will get the same result.
Report The Management May 20, 2022 4:21 PM BST
brassneck20 May 22 16:09Joined: 13 Feb 03 | Topic/replies: 18,437 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
i say teach the losers to become winners.

You can put some lipstick on a pig - but it will still be a pig imo.
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 4:28 PM BST
its the losers that try to talk me down,but the winners know i am correct.
we all have to learn how to win,unless you are one of the 11% who know how easy it is.Happy
Report Hayden May 20, 2022 5:54 PM BST
Like i said.

Correction , you will know what worked yesterday but will only think you know what may or may not work tomorrow.
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 6:04 PM BST
According to that logic, every bet you make is a pure gamble. When you back a horse at 4/1 because your model says it should be 3/1, it's because your model worked in previous races.
Report Hayden May 20, 2022 6:44 PM BST
According to that logic, every bet you make is a pure gamble

By George i think he's got it.
Report Rico-Dangleflaps May 20, 2022 6:47 PM BST
Gaze733 20 May 22 18:04 
According to that logic, every bet you make is a pure gamble. When you back a horse at 4/1 because your model says it should be 3/1

its only opinion ydc.
Report Celtic warrior May 20, 2022 6:52 PM BST
I would say that 95% of matched betters actually win in their first six months
Report Celtic warrior May 20, 2022 6:52 PM BST
I would say that 95% of matched betters actually win in their first six months
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 7:30 PM BST
Paddy power is a gambler,i bet he is in the 11%.Shocked
Report Shanelee1966 May 20, 2022 7:47 PM BST
I always remember my first visits to my local bookies around 82/83. A strange mix of everything under the sun.

Bit like this forum really.
Report brassneck May 20, 2022 7:49 PM BST
how many of you would tell Warren Buffett that there is no such thing as a winning system.Now he is on a bad run,i am told he is down to his last 100 billion,but i would safely say Warren is in the 11%Laugh
Report Greg_Gory May 20, 2022 9:24 PM BST
shanlee1966 you started gambling a bit late in life Laugh I was still at school when my Dad got me into it the fsdc Laugh
Report punchestown May 20, 2022 9:41 PM BST
89% looks very much on the low side to me.

---------------

Agreed,I'd think more like 95%-98%,even a reasonably successful punter gets undone (to put it mildly) by the commission/premium charge.
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 10:38 PM BST
Hayden there is a difference between a pure gamble and a calculated gamble. If you have a model with a sufficient sample size, i.e. results
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 10:42 PM BST
Hayden there is a difference between a pure gamble and a calculated gamble. If you have a model with a sufficient sample size, i.e. results less than 1% likely to be due to chance, you can make predictions, aka calculated gambles based on that.
Report Gaze733 May 20, 2022 10:42 PM BST
Rico ydc you don't know anything about backing before the off. You need more than an "opinion" to know whether a 4/1 shot should be 3/1. You need tons of stats.
Report Hayden May 21, 2022 11:42 AM BST
Statistics don't give answers they merely provoke more questions
Report Facts May 21, 2022 12:13 PM BST

ItsMeSwaddle 20 May 22 13:06 
May 20, 2022 -- 9:26AM, Facts wrote:

Any system based on an increasing staking plan after losers, will fail.There's only one staking system that works. Level stakes.

Do you know of a successful gambler called Martin Gale?

Read and weep !

https://www.tradematesports.com/blog/martingale-strategy-staking-plan
Report Gagging May 21, 2022 12:17 PM BST
Inside knowledge is very helpful if handled shrewdly - but are u close enough to the source to trust this source over time? They may not be consistent over time or may just have been having a good run when you spotted them or perhaps they throw in the odd tip for you when they are actually laying it! Discipline + careful staking from a large bank and  selective betting or laying 'at value' is important and there are occasional shrewd punters here or amongst the tipster fraternity that are worth listening too [No offence but I can only think  of a handful of such shrewdies that i've come across in the past 50 yrs!].
Report greedkillsmybankagain May 21, 2022 2:57 PM BST
With regular eye tests must be more that 90percent
Report greedkillsmybankagain May 21, 2022 2:58 PM BST
Or 11
Report ZEALOT May 21, 2022 3:16 PM BST
PRICE IS EVERYTHING .

You could take 5/6 about the toss of a coin and you may win - you may win over 10 spins but YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF SHOWING A PROFIT OVER 100 SPINS .

Obviously that is an exact chance 50/50 . In sports betting the exact chance can never be determined . We can only estimate and therefore we can only determine whether or not we have found value over a large sample size . That sample size is determined by the average price we take .

Gamblers are not bothered about price - they seek only winners .
Report ProSniper May 21, 2022 3:30 PM BST
100 not enough ZEALY. If you staked your life on being ahead with that margin over such a short amount of runs, you'd be pan bread.
Report greedkillsmybankagain May 21, 2022 3:34 PM BST
U nit mill ionare yet zea
Report ZEALOT May 21, 2022 3:35 PM BST
ok but you get my point . Its a long term game and any short terms gains are probably down to luck if you have no concept of value .
Report ProSniper May 21, 2022 3:58 PM BST
Sure. Small/mid sample of results are what catch people out all the time. Until we fully understand the true reality of what's possible and what's expected between all % chances,, exaggeration of one's skill during any favoured spell of competing against them is GUARANTEED.
Report Hayden May 21, 2022 4:02 PM BST
Unless you can substantiate it mathematically the word value is just a posh word for a personal fancy.
Report ZEALOT May 21, 2022 4:02 PM BST
nah only betting small these days m8
Report ZEALOT May 21, 2022 4:06 PM BST
hayden - there is no way to say you had value over a small sample size . Only over a large sample size you can be sure you gained value .

Amazes me how football punters claim to be winning longterm !!!   picking their wits against seriousy well educated odds compilers .
Report Hayden May 21, 2022 4:12 PM BST
Plenty of sad faces when the soccer season ends and they're all bookmakers
Report Hayden May 21, 2022 4:18 PM BST
Yes Zealot i'd agree with that using coin flips as an example , if someone offered me 5/4 a coin flip for £100k i'd refuse the bet but if they offered me 5/4 for 100 flips at a grand each i'd bite their hand off.

Value is an overused word though and means nothing to anyone other than the individual , one persons back perception of value is another persons value to lay.

Value is just a lazy word and only means something to the person themselves , rather like beauty it's in the eye of the beholder.

Good luck today guys  Happy
Report ZEALOT May 21, 2022 4:23 PM BST
I honestly dont think many want to win long term . They are just happy backing score and win trebles and 5 odds ons in accas etcetc and getting the odd win now and again .

Thats ok if stakes are small but even a newbie punter can be betting £100 a week easily these days .
Report brassneck May 22, 2022 12:08 PM BST
ok,let me put a slant on this thread title."ONE IN TEN GAMBLERS WIN WHEN THEY GAMBLE".Are you one of the one in ten club.?

NOW THAT SOUNDS BETTER
Report pumphol. May 22, 2022 1:23 PM BST
Last losing year was 2010, maybe it's because I'm not under any pressure to win or lose which puts no pressure on me, after nearly 45 years of gambling you really should have fine tuned what not to do I would have thought !
Report Hayden May 22, 2022 1:49 PM BST
Problem with gamblers pumphol is that they're stubborn which makes them foolish and cemented in the 89% or 98% whatever it is.

They aren't willing to change despite the fact the industry has developed big time since they started gambling.

Despite losing historically they still keep on doing the same things , hence the Einstein theory.

There are so many different ways to make money from gambling but requires some lateral thinking and also mathematical solutions.

The current crop of gamblers as a majority are far too one dimensional.

Good luck today  Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com