Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Nogoody
19 May 22 10:21
| Topic/replies: 710 | Blogger: Nogoody's blog
I thought this was strange but maybe it happens all the time.
Having backed two horses  in the 8.30 at Killarney on Tuesday evening I decided to try a forecast
for the first time in years whilst waiting for the start. It was a rev. forecast race and asked for 2 euro @ 22,
and was matched at about 46. So far so good. Beamish beats Ebendi ,again so far so good.
But no money came and after webchat yesterday and this morning was told
" Your bet was reviewed by our traders and they have now confirmed that the market was voided off as the
market contained incorrect permutations."
Ever Happened to you ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
longbridge
When: 19 May 22 10:31
Once or twice.  More often I've noticed the NRs haven't been taken out and not bothered betting as it's 1.01 they'll be voided.

Annoyingly, I only look at those markets a few minutes before the off (as they're not liquid any earlier), and it's too late then to try to get BF CS to get them fixed.
By:
Nogoody
When: 19 May 22 11:49
At what stage do THEY decide that THEY have have made a mistake. Is it when the race is over and the traders check their liabilities, oh oh, bad result, better void it. How often does this happen ?
By:
ProSniper
When: 19 May 22 12:38
Any bet that is deemed not to stand after the result, should of course be voided/settled prior to it. But you can't expect bookies to play fair. They're filth. This is why they can do shameful shyte like waiting on outcome before deciding whether your bet was live or not.
By:
onlooker
When: 19 May 22 13:07
Nogoody 19 May 22 11:49 

At what stage do THEY decide that THEY have have made a mistake. Is it when the race is over and the traders check their liabilities, oh oh, bad result, better void it. How often does this happen ?
-------------

The "Traders" - have NO "liabilities" on the Betfair Exchange ....

It is a Punter v Punter site.
By:
Nogoody
When: 19 May 22 13:12
Cheers Pro.
I know exchanges and bookies are not the same thing.
I had my rev. forecast bet on the exchange, bet by me,matched by someone else.
If the traders then decide to interfere with the permutations, this then i.m.o. moves the goalposts
and makes them bookies with responsibilities to the punter/customers.
By:
Nogoody
When: 19 May 22 13:33
Sorry Onlooker, we crossed there. That's what I'M getting at.
My bet was matched by someone, he /she was obviously happy to offer the price and was unlikely to have
the time/opportunity to complain /renege on the bet.
I have never, in almost 20 years trading here, got on to the traders after a race complaining that
the price I laid the winner was too big, have you ? has anyone ? a bet's a bet.
By:
onlooker
When: 19 May 22 14:08
Sympathies _Nogoody.

We all agree that it is a highly unsatisfactory situation.

After All -the TOTE do NOT Cancel their Forecast Pools when there is a Late Non-runner/Withdrawn horse

-The Tote simply Return the Stakes on the Non-Runners Combinations - Reduce the Pool - and (Re)- Distribute the Rest/Left-over.

Betfair say that they cannot come up with a Satisfactory REDUCTION FACTOR .... To Suit BOTH  Backer AND LAYER.
By:
longbridge
When: 19 May 22 14:16
onlooker - This has come up repeatedly, and - in my experience - no-one has been able to propose a reduction-factor system that would work equitably to backers and layers on this market, they just declare "Betfair must find one"

nogoody - if only all were so honourable - I suspect many, on discovering their bet was a loser (and only then), and the market malformed, would demand that BF void their bet.
By:
Nogoody
When: 20 May 22 09:06
People can be very selfish Longbridge,Shocked.
perhaps the fact that both horses were well supported , the winner 11.5 into 5.5 made
the forecast unviable, had something to do with it.
Either way I believe Betfair owe about 80 sovs so I will Boycott the exchange for a week or so to do them
out of the money. Cutting off my nose to spite my face will teach them a lesson.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com