Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stu
18 May 22 13:03
| Topic/replies: 16,487 | Blogger: stu's blog
Pyle of what I wonder after watching that 'effort'

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 34
By:
Derhandy
When: 18 May 22 13:03
shocking
By:
stu
When: 18 May 22 13:03
wtf did he think he was doing??
By:
Trident
When: 18 May 22 13:04
Not great, knows the horse too.
By:
Derhandy
When: 18 May 22 13:05
it just could never win from there.
Im not sure what he thought would happen there??
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 18 May 22 13:06
Sat still until approaching the 2 furling marker.

Unbelievable.
By:
BARROWBOY
When: 18 May 22 13:06
Oh dear that was a truly terrible ride.
By:
mitolo
When: 18 May 22 13:08
i liked it having laid the thing. pity i laid winner also.
By:
SlippyBlue
Beaten 3/4 lengths.

It truly beggars belief.
By:
Hushwing.
This is clearly one of those occasions that connections have over complicated it by giving the young lad strict instructions.
He doesn't move until hitting the 2f marker and i'd imagine those were his instructions.
By:
MJK
When: 18 May 22 13:09
Even worse is the sap that is Brown trying to get off the subject as quick as possible.
By:
stu
When: 18 May 22 13:12
He's had 87 rides in races, no excuse.
By:
sparrow
When: 18 May 22 13:12
Agree with hushwing in that the lad was riding to his instructions which you would expect an inexperienced apprentice to do.
By:
j foxxxx
When: 18 May 22 13:19
It's one of those unfortunate ones where technically he was right - apart from one other horse.

Moreso, if you hadn't envisaged that that was a serious reservation to have (i.e. the race panning out like that on a sharpish track) after the way it has been ridden the last two runs, you're in the wrong game.

All that said, still a shocking ride in terms of not reacting to how the race was panning out.
By:
koikeeper
When: 18 May 22 13:50
An enquiry was held into the running and riding of DANDY MAESTRO, ridden by William Pyle and trained by Richard Spencer which was held up in rear before making headway from 2 furlongs out, to finish second beaten 3¼ lengths. The rider and the trainer’s representative were interviewed and shown recordings of the race. The Veterinary Officer reported that a post-race examination of the gelding during routine testing failed to reveal any abnormalities. The rider stated his instructions were the same as when he won on the filly last time out at Newbury; to drop her out, ride her how he found her and come with a late run. He explained that in his opinion, the three front runners had gone off too fast and he had expected them to tire and come back to the field in the home straight. He added that the front runners did come back to him in the straight, but OTTO OYL had got first run and despite him making an effort from 2 furlongs out he was unable to reel in the winner. The trainer’s representative stated that the ride accorded with the instructions given and that Spencer was satisfied with the ride. Their explanations were noted.
By:
stu
When: 18 May 22 13:53
a late run

Maybe next time wait a bit later like after the finish line ay?
By:
Derhandy
When: 18 May 22 13:55
if those were his instructions, then it makes the ride even worse.
he was never going to get to those in front
By:
BARROWBOY
When: 18 May 22 13:56
& they wonder why people are losing interest on backing the horses.
By:
MJK
When: 18 May 22 14:30
Like a football manager the trainer isn't gonna criticise in public. He may well tear him a new one privately though. And like 99% of all jockeys Pyle has that chip on the shoulder already about getting criticised and accepting it was a poor ride.
By:
MJK
When: 20 May 22 10:23
I assume he'll ride it closer to the pace today....
By:
the dealer
When: 20 May 22 10:54
I was there on Wednesday and Jason Hart described the ground as a pyle of Shoite (excuse the pun), really sticky and dead.
It was a very poorly time ride and it looked liked you needed to be up with the pace and not a furlong behind. I'm not defending the ride in anyway but he probably did think the front runners would have came back to him.
By:
saddo
When: 20 May 22 11:59
They did come back to him Tom, but he was sat stock still while Rhone sent Otto of in pursuit, a clanger.
By:
G Hall
When: 20 May 22 12:15
He's an apprentice you gotta expect mistakes
By:
flatcap
When: 20 May 22 12:16
Today will be its 3rd run within 7 days, with a lot of travelling, Newbury, Ayr now Bath

Should win but will those 3 quick runs have taken its toll ??
By:
MJK
When: 20 May 22 13:45
Dealer fair points. I wouldn't be betting it myself today but will probably watch out of interest.
By:
G Hall
When: 20 May 22 14:16
Going up 11 pound after today?
By:
stu
When: 20 May 22 17:05
Be interesting if there's an earlier effort made today - 1.36 in win market ffs.
By:
stu
When: 20 May 22 17:06
Just makes the run 2 days back look even worse, this price.
By:
Trident
When: 20 May 22 17:08
1.33 is still not value at this track..Worth watching though
By:
Trident
When: 20 May 22 17:10
1.28 now at the offExcited
By:
Trident
When: 20 May 22 17:12
Easy!
By:
Trident
When: 20 May 22 17:12
1.97 in running!
By:
MJK
When: 20 May 22 17:13
Again just shows how few jockeys will admit to riding a bad race.
By:
stu
When: 20 May 22 17:17
He suddenly remembered how to ride a race, marvelous.
By:
G Hall
When: 20 May 22 23:15
He did well today in fairness a lot of money down.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com