Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onlooker
13 May 22 16:58
| Topic/replies: 38,045 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
The young Lad appeared to stop riding in the last half furlong on ...

Mykonos St John  - Betfair SP 55.0

Mykonos St John
*55.05    15.00    Back   
13-May-22 16:47

He must have thought he had it Won   Cry

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 8
By:
stewarts rise
When: 13 May 22 17:04
We know you layed off IR Onlooker for a profit!Grin
By:
swiftynifty
When: 13 May 22 17:10
he probably layed it off to me at 2.5 Sad
By:
onlooker
When: 13 May 22 17:46
Yes - stewarts  - all £26 of it.

Plus - Backed it for a Place ...... In the 6 Places  SadHappy Market
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 May 22 18:59
onlooker 13 May 22 16:58 
The young Lad appeared to stop riding in the last half furlong on ...

It seems a similar scenario to the Jack Mitchell ride on Rogue Bear where he starts using his whip far enough out, realises he's gone over the limit and tries to get the horse home under hands and heels inside the last half furlong, though Jonathan Fisher did administer another strike when he realised he was being closed on.

I counted 12 strikes and I presume he did receive a ban though there is nothing on the BHA's website regarding this, in a race where the stewards were busy.

So...

When I take up my role as a jockey coach at the BHA, I'll be showing the video of these two rides to my students and stating the lesson to be learnt, you shouldn't be using your whip until inside the final furlong. Just keep pushing until that point.
By:
onlooker
When: 13 May 22 19:35
I did wonder the same, initially - GEORGE.B

But, If the Lad had already used, "12 strikes" - then he was going to get a ban - whether he finished 1st or 2nd - so ...

Some would say - Credit to the Lad - I would say - a bit Naïve of him ....

But, then again - I am £800 Biased in my reasoning Sad Happy
---------------

With regard to your 'Jockey Coaching'

I could not agree more.
----------------------

The AUSTRALIAN way/Rules is far better ...

Jockeys are NOT permitted to use their Whip UNTIL the Final Furlong - then they really ride a Finish.

Unlike our current crop of cowboys - Many who are riding like Roy Rogers from fully 3 furlongs out ...

Do they Not realise that - Very FEW horses can maintain a run/increased pressure for more than around a Furlong - the vast majority for even Less - if at all.

As a consequence - The races are usually run with far less interference than in Britain and Ireland - resulting in very few Stewards Enquiries (from much more racing) - and you get a real 'run for your money' in the last furlong.

Unlike OUR current crop of Cowboys - Many who are riding like Roy Rogers from fully 3 furlongs out ...

Do they Not realise that - Very FEW horses can maintain a run/increased pressure for more than around a Furlong - the vast majority for even Less - if at all.
By:
onlooker
When: 13 May 22 19:42
^  - Ignore - " Unlike our current crop" -(BEFORE - 'As a consequence' sentence)

I intended to remove it from that position - when I transferred to the end.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 13 May 22 20:35
Actually, when you open the PDF stewards' report for York it states in the table at the end that Fisher was given a seven day ban.
By:
onlooker
When: 21 May 22 17:33
DEJA VU ...

MYKONON ST JOHN

Raised 4 lbs in the Handicap (from TODAY) - for the irritating 2nd, here at York, a week ago - that originally inspired this Thread

Beaten Half a Length today Cry  - at York 5:15pm - following a Neck, last time.

CRUEL GAME this - and for Connections, too - of course   ... although - They have had nearly £7,400 in Place Prize-Money

Sometimes, though,  you cannot get on the right side of a horse.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com