Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
shoodacoodadidnt
12 May 22 13:59
| Topic/replies: 2,550 | Blogger: shoodacoodadidnt's blog
That horse that just bolted up at York - just trying to understand form - RP from last time out says: "jockey said hung left in the final furlong" - what produces that comment? I mean I would expect that kind of comment if some kind of explanation was required for underperformance - I watched the race - very clearly a trier - clear run - quite a few cracks, finished 2nd - so why the comment???

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 3
By:
Ramruma
When: 12 May 22 14:30
Because the jockey said it hung left in the final furlong.
By:
Twoboyz
When: 12 May 22 15:29
Really strange from OP
By:
onlooker
When: 12 May 22 22:19
Jockeys are required to Report anything that THEY considered to be unusual, untoward or significant (or any other description that you may think) to the Clerk 0f the Scales when Weighing-In.

Failure to do so can result in a Reprimand  for the Jockey if, the  Stewards later Inquire ( * NOT a Stewards Enquiry into the outcome of the race) of  the Trainer to Explain either ...

- a horse's - 'poor run' - or - 'improved Form' (in this race)  ...

- and the Jockey THEN mentions something in mitigation, or whatever, that he has FAILED to Report to the Clerk of the Scales.

These Jockey's Reports to the Clerk of the Scales appear on the BHA website - and are all shown at the end of the 'Comments In-Running' for the Form of each horse.....

- along with any subsequent Stewards Inquiring into a performance - as outlined above.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com