Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DancingBraveTheBest
10 May 22 14:53
| Topic/replies: 2,896 | Blogger: DancingBraveTheBest's blog
racehorses can only go flat out for about 2 furlongs then start to flag....cant understand these jocks that go flat out from the start. You see it in USA racing a lotConfused
Pause Switch to Standard View Why do jockeys go off too fast.....
Show More
Report stewarts rise May 10, 2022 2:58 PM BST
A good way of getting them beat in this country, normal way of riding in the states in a lot of races.
Report .Marksman. May 10, 2022 3:02 PM BST
Sometimes horses go too fast and sometimes it's the jockey's fault.  But there are some horses who need maximum effort from the jockey just to give 90%.
Report Facts May 10, 2022 3:12 PM BST
Some horses run better when ridden fast from the front,others do best when held up for a late run.
Trust this helps !
Report DancingBraveTheBest May 10, 2022 3:25 PM BST
I was referring to the 2.50 Chepstow, 5f sprint but the front runners obviously went way too fast and the winner come from the back. Happens too often imoPlain
Report Dr Crippen May 10, 2022 3:45 PM BST
Many horses in any race haven't been sent to win.
They're there for various reasons.
The earlier they're beat, the easier it is for the jockey to pretend he was trying.
Report 1830 May 10, 2022 4:59 PM BST
Because most Jockeys ARE THICK AS FCK.
Report Greenacres May 10, 2022 6:58 PM BST
Is there not an offence of injudicious riding? Would going off far too fast fall under that heading? I believe it should.
Report Manoleeds May 10, 2022 7:20 PM BST
I wish I could the remember the race but I know it was at Newcastle and I think the rider was Holly Doyle who set off in front on the round track , got about a 30 length lead and that was the winning distance. I think the other jockeys got a bollocking from the stewards for not trying to catch her. Bit of an exception but they do happen.
Report sparrow May 10, 2022 7:23 PM BST
Jockey Eddie Ahern has been banned for 10 years after being found guilty of corruption by the British Horseracing Authority.

The third longest suspension handed out to a jockey was given after Ahern, 35, failed to ensure Judgethemoment ran on its merits at Lingfield on January 21, 2011 and passed on inside information to the former West Bromwich Albion footballer Neil Clement which he used to back Ahern’s mounts to lose.

Clement, also found guilty of laying Hindu Kush, a horse he owned, to lose, was banned for 15 years and three months as well as being fined £3,000.

Ahern was found guilty of purposely going off too fast on Judgethemoment in a two-mile race at Lingfield in which the gelding finished last
Report swiftynifty May 10, 2022 7:24 PM BST
Manoleeds, are you thinking of Charlotte Jones?   The Steward (s) never even had a look.
Report Manoleeds May 10, 2022 7:29 PM BST
You could be right -it was a female jockey.
Report swiftynifty May 10, 2022 7:31 PM BST
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/punters-rage-steward-given-massi...
Report Manoleeds May 10, 2022 8:15 PM BST
Well done swiftynifty -that was the one.
Report 1830 May 10, 2022 8:51 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRdVaC_kWQ

I Believe this was the race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com