Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GEORGE.B
08 May 22 23:57
| Topic/replies: 53,121 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
Dam of Unfuwain, Nashwan and Nayef, lucky not to be brought down in the 1982 Lupe Stakes, recovers to win at odds of 1-5.

BBC coverage with Julian Wilson, and including the results from Perth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psWWDH3bIG0
Pause Switch to Standard View Height Of Fashion
Show More
Report tyred May 9, 2022 12:19 PM BST
so Wllie Carson had previous at jumping on a horse prior to Dayjur Crazy
Report ali1959 May 12, 2022 12:12 PM BST
Thanks for sharing, George.  She'd have made a Triumph hurdle winner for sure!  Among Other YouTube programmes from 1982, I managed to see Gorytus finishing a well beaten 4th to Diesis (Piggott/Henry Cecil) in the Dewhurst.  Also, a really interesting hour long documentary called Stewards Enquiry, which I would thoroughly recommend.  Inside the Stewards' room where both Edward Hide and Willie Carson being questioned about interference.  I wonder, do the stewards still call jockeys today by their surnames?  Seems so old fashioned.  Towards the end of the documentary, a good insight into a security investigation into a "ringer" and doping.  If anyone has an hour to spare, it would be well spent.
Report kevo May 12, 2022 12:23 PM BST
Was it Lord Derby who once said about a jockey "he's a paid servant" and I think he was referring to Willie Carson.
Report Hayden May 12, 2022 12:49 PM BST
Going purely on memory seem to recall Height of Fashion running in the Goodwood Oaks trial and POS screaming the fact the horse didn't act on the track and must surely miss Epsom.
Report sixtwosix May 12, 2022 1:00 PM BST
Wasn't Height Of Fashion a surprise winner over the superlative Ardross on one occasion ?
Report Hayden May 12, 2022 1:03 PM BST
Spot on mate , didn't remember myself so had to google

The filly did not race again until July when she ran against colts and older horses in the Princess of Wales's Stakes at Newmarket Racecourse where she wore blinkers for the first time. She was made the 4/1 second favourite behind Ardross, an outstanding stayer who had won the last two runnings of the Ascot Gold Cup. Ridden by Willie Carson, Height of Fashion led from the start and produced a career-best performance to win by two lengths[7] in course record time from Amyndas, with Ardross in third.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com