Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
acey deucy
03 May 22 17:38
| Topic/replies: 25,198 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
Cant stand the meeting to many hard luck sPlaintories.....That's me till York now.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 62
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 03 May 22 17:42
A bit less sicne I heard their new Lady spouting garbage on the TV
By:
sixtwosix
When: 03 May 22 17:44
I never bet nor watch the racing at this historic version of a greyhound track.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 03 May 22 17:44
"Well Chester is known for being the best day out in racing in the UK"
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 03 May 22 17:45
"I am really looking forward to welcoming new people into racing, its such a welcoming sport"
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 03 May 22 17:46
"Weve got 3 different racecourses, all with their different identities all offering value"
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 03 May 22 17:46
April fools?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 03 May 22 17:59
Which is one is Chester again, I always get it mixed up with Carlisle. Chester the one with the stiff uphill finish, right?
By:
penzance
When: 03 May 22 18:02
Chester can't be that bad a track, top trainers have
sent top class horses there.
By:
Manoleeds
When: 03 May 22 18:04
While some horses that are drawn wide develop mysterious illnesses overnight and are withdrawn, an outside draw is by no means fatal -and indeed a slow trapper in a low draw can find itself stuck behind a wall of horses having to switch round them or waiting for the cutaway if there is one. Stweart Simpson used to reckon that it was a good course for a topweight with a turn of foot for races between 7f and 12f if the ground was good or better . A lot better viewing than the straight mile at Donny.
By:
scrabbler
When: 03 May 22 18:19
Been to every UK racecourse. This would be at the bottom of my list in terms of value and racecourse experience.
By:
sparrow
When: 03 May 22 18:37
An awful experience to say the least.
By:
acey deucy
When: 03 May 22 18:42
Fanny aint bad though.Grin
By:
swiftynifty
When: 03 May 22 18:51
Ye, he's always been a great jockey around there.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 03 May 22 19:08
Chester was on my bucket list of courses to visit but after reading the reviews from my peers on here over the last few years it's now never going to happen. It sounds absolutely dreadful to put it mildly.
By:
mitolo
When: 03 May 22 19:36
it is, but should not be. it has many advantages and attractions but all gets submerged by the numbers. and as for chesterbet...

last time i was there as a notfair guest and their box is bang on the line. i assumed it would be full of charming civilised people like me. not a bit of it. some prize erbert had his laptop out on the balcony and was hoovering as they went past. surprised nobody stopped him. the sherbet though, was excellent. i doubt it is nowadays.

but once you venture out of there its a scrum, and no fun at all. spent day 2 in the champagen tent and barely saw a horse despite the fact you could hear them rumbling past 10 yards away.
By:
sparrow
When: 03 May 22 19:48
I went once with my mates at an evening meeting and the place was full of drunks with their plastic beer mugs thrown all over the course. Even though I got all my money back in the last race I vowed never to return and that was about 30 years ago.
By:
Hayden
When: 03 May 22 19:53
Signing in , live fairly local but dreadful place.
By:
GLASGOWCALLING
When: 03 May 22 23:15
I live about a mile from the course, and I wouldn't go if it was free entry.
By:
barstool
When: 03 May 22 23:33
The best course to visit if you are an owner. You are well looked after and they put other racecourses to shame.
By:
JayRogers
When: 04 May 22 00:05
Not in my top 50, can't get nothing right there. Think Top Cees was last time I had a proper winner.
Town too small for a good night out too,always had better fun in Shrewsbury.
By:
jimnast
When: 04 May 22 06:43
Well it’s all about opinions I enjoy this fixture and have missed not been allowed to go these last two years ,41 years ago I saw Shergar win the vase a few years later old vic,unfuwain,belmez and toulon,all won the vase in the years that have passed the winners may not have been as good although ruler of the world did go on to win the derby,I accept the Saturday fixtures are for avoiding but these three days a very enjoyable.
By:
jinxy
When: 04 May 22 07:47
I stood on the bank on course and watched  Shergar come around the castle turn more than 10 lenghts clear in a canter !
Seen some class horses run at Chester  .
By:
Life-Lucky
When: 04 May 22 07:49
Went once, 5 or 10 years ago, Ladies Day, lots of legs and cleavage, didn't bother going in, watched it all from the street above, good enough
By:
Brian
When: 04 May 22 08:14
Had one of my worst days racing there at the 1975 May meeting. I had been doing a mini-tour of racing tracks and had done really well but Chester that day was a nightmare. I backed every race and don't think I got one in the frame, I remember a Walwyn 3-y-o was a strong fancy and Swell Fellow in one of the handicaps.
It was of three disaster days in my memory bank. The other two courses were Cheltenham and Epsom but I have had good days at those courses so don't hold grudges for them but never been back to Chester racecourse.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 04 May 22 08:21
No desire to go but always enjoyed watching thos meeting on the TV.
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 04 May 22 08:53
always looks full of people from reality tv shows
By:
paulo47
When: 04 May 22 10:29
It gave me Wings of Eagles , cant ask for more .
By:
wallis
When: 04 May 22 13:35
A glorified dog track ... 

and now the wet weather is here no doubt we are in for some bizarre results if you can find them..
By:
sageform
When: 04 May 22 13:51
I would not go there but it is a fun track to watch. You are not obliged to back any of them.
By:
DIFERENT GRAVY 12
When: 04 May 22 14:03
The crowd doesn't look as big as usual, rain has kept the scouse crumpet away, it doesn't mix very well with fake tan  (.)(.)
By:
carrot1960
When: 04 May 22 15:23
Lucky enough to receive two  Chester tickets courtesy of Betfair a good few years back the tickets were £28 each , went to book two rail tickets only to find they cost £154 , sent the tickets back and watched the races on here , that was the closet i ever got to Chester on a race day LaughLaughLaugh
By:
sageform
When: 04 May 22 15:42
Probably cheaper in a taxi for two. How anyone can justify railways I can't imagine. Very expensive and heavily subsidised by tax payers as well!
By:
The Pies
When: 04 May 22 15:49
Not always expensive on rail Sage, going to Ascot from Nottingham on Friday for £26 return
By:
.Marksman.
When: 04 May 22 15:49
About 10 years ago I was offered a place in private box by purpleDaq.  But I didn't accept because I had no idea who these other people would be.  Perhaps they would be young executives from London or Dublin who worked for Daq and I would just be filling in a spare place and would have a miserable afternoon.  I think they just selected me because I was the only regular player in that area.  And I was also my Dad's full time carer at the time and that was another reason not to waste an afternoon.
By:
TameTheTiger
When: 04 May 22 17:00
3 bets, 2 winners, easy peasy
By:
Storm Alert
When: 05 May 22 16:03
Shyte track for punters. Suits pin-stickers and guessers; nothing I have seen this week to change my view.
By:
jimnast
When: 05 May 22 17:31
The pin stickers must be doing ok 8 favs 3 2nd favs out of 14 races.biggest priced winner 7/1
By:
workrider
When: 05 May 22 18:04
Jimnast...Laugh..Heading over for the week starting the 14th staying in Huntingdon, doing Newmarket , Huntingdon, Yarmouth , Chelmsford, you make any of them...It'll leave me with only FFos, Wolves, Hereford , to do. Have a feeling I might beat you...Cool
By:
mitolo
When: 05 May 22 18:08
you saved the worst until last there worky.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com