Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bin bagged
27 Apr 22 21:31
| Topic/replies: 235 | Blogger: bin bagged's blog
As if it wasn't bad enough when they went to double zero when the max stake was reduced to £2. But still they play them.
Pause Switch to Standard View I notice the roulette machines are...
Show More
Report Rico-Dangleflaps April 27, 2022 9:41 PM BST
wots the odds for a single number?
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 27, 2022 9:44 PM BST
Whoever came up with that FOAD!!
Report saddo April 27, 2022 10:37 PM BST
Rico-Dangleflaps 27 Apr 22 21:41 
wots the odds for a single number?

35/1 I think, house edge of 7.7% if so
Report bin bagged April 27, 2022 11:21 PM BST
My mate says 35/1. He doesn't care as more numbers to win on now!
Report Rico-Dangleflaps April 27, 2022 11:30 PM BST
if the betting shops had a machine for heads or tails @5/6 the mugs would play it.
Report Ramruma April 28, 2022 10:10 AM BST
What is the point of adding a treble zero, given they are not actually spinning a wheel?
Report rooster booster April 28, 2022 10:54 AM BST
One born every minute. (Mugs)
Report Storm Alert April 28, 2022 11:09 AM BST
Each zero space on the roulette wheel gives a house edge of about 2.6% per spin. So 0 00 000 is giving a house edge of almost 8% per spin. That nearly as bad as £2 slot %.

One zero @ 2.6% is still significantely worse than Blackjack optimal play, but as there is no skill in roulette you can't mess up with bad plau.
Report Ramruma April 28, 2022 11:14 AM BST
Yes but if it is electronic they can rig the spin so it returns whatever margin they like, surely?
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 28, 2022 11:21 AM BST
Ive seen something along the lines of they cannot rig the spin win / lose (to be fair with that house edge they dont need to)

But they can visually represent a loss however they like.

Classic example being you have a 5er on 0 and 3 and it keeps hitting 26 and 32 etc.
Report Storm Alert April 28, 2022 11:49 AM BST
Good point. They will be using a random number generator of some sort which is not the same as spinning a ball around a roulette table. This is a good resource onthe subject:

http://www.roulette.co.uk/guide/random-number-generation/
Report skiptoomaloumacari April 28, 2022 12:50 PM BST
Absolutely DISGUSTING,,,,,,,Then Fred has the temerity to ask to play to our pocket and gamble responsibly !!!!!!
Report SlippyBlue April 28, 2022 1:01 PM BST
The shop days are numbered, within say a 5 mile radius of me up to 5 years ago I could count around 35 shops, now it's nearer to 12.
Report 1st time poster April 28, 2022 2:29 PM BST
they can set margin any level they want

thats why i dont bet in double figure fields at portmawn downs Laugh
Report 1st time poster April 28, 2022 2:32 PM BST
my only thoughts on betting shops is now i dont use them who nicks the racing post,at the price they charge probably locked in a cabinet and you have to put a deposit down behind the counter to get a key to open cabinet to read it LaughLaugh
Report mitolo April 28, 2022 3:45 PM BST
if there are 3 zeros, and im not convinced there are, one number is not 35/1. and they do not 'rig' the machines and nor can they 'adjust' them. only an idiot would say so.
Report elise April 28, 2022 3:54 PM BST
true odds are not 35-1 but the odds paid for a single number are 35-1 no matter how many zeros on the wheel
Report spyker April 28, 2022 4:37 PM BST
if the betting shops had a machine for heads or tails @5/6 the mugs would play it.

You're missing a trick here - coin toss in cricket? Get yourself to Chester le Street, drone with a mic 30m above, bishbashbosh your first stake of the day........
Report Ramruma April 28, 2022 5:47 PM BST
@mitolo -- "they do not 'rig' the machines and nor can they 'adjust' them"

It depends who you mean by "they". The betting shop owners can't. The programmers who write the software for the machines are the people who can add 000 and are also the people who could adjust the margin without adding 000.
Report mitolo April 28, 2022 8:07 PM BST
bollx you conspiracy loon. no software company needs to do this or could contemplate it because they dont need to and the consequence of being caught is liquidation. you would have to add a layer of code that moved the number from whatever the mug had put their money on. easily exposed and ruinous if caught. they cannot be beaten so why make them non-random and risk all, or take the guaranteed money. no betting operator would go near them.
Report mitolo April 28, 2022 8:16 PM BST
Rico-Dangleflaps 27 Apr 22 23:30 
if the betting shops had a machine for heads or tails @5/6 the mugs would play it

it already exists. and its  imaginatively called heads or tails. back heads or tails at odds-on or a tie at 6/1. beautiful.
Report hulk23 April 28, 2022 8:24 PM BST
consequence of being caught is liquidation

who's doing the catching ?  no-one .... Cool
Report mitolo April 28, 2022 8:29 PM BST
not so. these things are closely monitored and tested. i only became aware of this when a few of us tried to design a well-known(ish) gambling game for the interweb and the consequences of getting it wrong were orrible. its still in 'development' but it wont happen.
Report dukeofpuke April 29, 2022 3:39 AM BST
there is a 100 number wheel designed to look like roulette etc but has 4 green zeros so thats 1 for every 25 numbers
Report impossible123 April 29, 2022 8:13 AM BST
"they do not rig the machines and nor can they adjust them"

Is that true? I believe slot machines are repeatedly **** to deny/allow players with promotion to lose/win. I've had several instances of such manipulation by the operator; I continuously won for days similarly, lost. I'm convinced my winning/losing spells were ****.

I even won £100 cash with 'ladcrooke' in a "special" draw. I think this could have been for my willingness and cooperation with requested surveys.
Report 1st time poster April 29, 2022 10:11 AM BST
right bear with me and feel free to shootr me down but does anyone think .heard this is correct,

the grandkids are all over those cranes in arcades that drop out soft toys etc,never been my thing but ive always assumed its just random depending on skill,timing etc of operator but my son reckong their programmed to drop so many out a day/time etc
if so how would that be done weight,timing,number of goes etc,etc
Report bin bagged April 29, 2022 10:45 AM BST
Those cranes will drop a prize when they have taken a certain amount of money, pre-set by the operator. After the pre-set time the crane will simply not open its jaws until it's dropped a prize.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com