Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
StewB
20 Apr 22 11:54
| Topic/replies: 2,565 | Blogger: StewB's blog
Thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View What is Betfair's phone number ?
Show More
Report StewB April 20, 2022 11:55 AM BST
I layed the 0-0 correct score this morning in the W.S.Wanderers v Newcastle Jets game but it was made void
But I do not know why.
Report The Management April 20, 2022 12:05 PM BST
If you don't still have the number for an account manager - unfortunately you will have to "speak" with Zacharius, Piotre, Benjazi or Fenelitta on the live-chat! Cry

If you want somebody that knows the score - ask for Claudius.
Report longbridge April 20, 2022 12:12 PM BST
What TM said - no phone customer services for the likes of most of us.

Consensus seems to be that Tweeting @BetfairCS gets a more clueful answer than Live Chat - good luck.
Report The Management April 20, 2022 12:19 PM BST
As part of the induction for live chat the new recruits get to choose their own live-chat usernames. They make this fun by using a letters game (a bit like Countdown) but unfortunately about 4 years ago a disgruntled new recruit walked out - and took all the vowels with him.

Let us know how you get on with Svtlyghtr!
Report StewB April 20, 2022 12:27 PM BST
there seems to be no link for live chat or otherwise they say " Our agents are busy"
Report StewB April 20, 2022 12:29 PM BST
I'm not on twitter but is Betfair on Facebook where I can "speak" to someone ?
Report sparrow April 20, 2022 12:31 PM BST
You can use facebook messenger for betfair live chat.
Report StewB April 20, 2022 12:50 PM BST
Tried Facebook live chat there don't seem to be one on there only about trading etc
Report Brian April 20, 2022 1:08 PM BST
Shows my age but I remember the days when Betfair sent you an explanation email when a bet was voided.
Report sparrow April 20, 2022 1:19 PM BST
Looks like they have given up with Facebook.  Really appalling service for such a large company.
Report hulk23 April 20, 2022 1:26 PM BST
I layed the 0-0 correct score this morning in the W.S.Wanderers v Newcastle Jets game but it was made void

paddy on the other end of your bet ?
Report Rigsby April 20, 2022 1:26 PM BST
One day last week a non uk game I wanted to get involved in did not get turned in play. About 15 - 20 mins in, somebody must of noticed this and all markets just disappeared. No explanation as far as I could see.
I wonder sometimes if there is little public interest in a game by KO, they let it lapse. In fact I often wonder why they bother with a lot of the more obscure non uk leagues and competitions
Report longbridge April 20, 2022 1:36 PM BST
"Shows my age but I remember the days when Betfair sent you an explanation email when a bet was voided."

So do I - I used to do silly massive EW multiples for pocket money on Exchange Multis and they sent me an email for every voided leg of a a EW Super Heinz!
Report The Management April 20, 2022 1:36 PM BST
Rigsby that happens all the time - the other increasingly common occurrence is that they turn the game in play (as advised), but aren't capable of managing it. A goal is scored without BF being aware or suspending. The markets eventually settle (after all the wrong prices are gubbed) to reflect the actual score. At about half-time the match just disappears!

No explanation, no e-mail, no announcement on the service forum.

You now get to speak to Juanita or Milosovino on live chat and explain to them what a soccer match is and describe the definition of a goal, in-play, etc.
Report thurnscoe thunder April 20, 2022 1:38 PM BST
I have seen a tweet on BF customer service with someone asking would bets be void like on yesterdays game where markets were 'blocked out', which i presume was some sort of access problem when its gone in play.
Bets had been slow to be settled but as far as I can see mine have been now after an hour, but they were placed last night.
If yours had been placed after kick off that might be the issue
Report StewB April 20, 2022 1:52 PM BST
My bet was placed just before kick off
Report top2rated April 20, 2022 2:33 PM BST
Email the CEO - don't piss about with Customer Service or Live Chat.

CEO Peter Jackson's email address - peter.jackson@betfair.com

He'll pass it on to an underling but at least it'll get things moving.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com