Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
portmanpark
16 Apr 22 10:30
| Topic/replies: 7,671 | Blogger: portmanpark's blog
not obnoxious at all....why can't he be like that all the time
Pause Switch to Standard View matt chapman as a presenter
Show More
Report GLASGOWCALLING April 16, 2022 10:33 AM BST
Agree, he wasnt as LOUD as usual and Challenged the proposed 5 day festival meeting.
Report FatPunt April 16, 2022 1:20 PM BST
Who remembers 'On The Line'? He was perfect for that. I miss that show.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk April 16, 2022 1:24 PM BST
When he's a pundit he seems to try and derail the main presenter, but as a presenter he is quite acceptable
He has to keep the show moving in that role and thus his shenanigans would be self defeating
He knows his history and horses so should stick to that and desist in trying to be funny
Report acey deucy April 16, 2022 4:12 PM BST
Getting right up Faheys nose.Laugh
Report sparrow April 16, 2022 4:32 PM BST
They should have ITV racing every day and then we could be rid of Chapman for good.
Report LoyalHoncho April 16, 2022 6:48 PM BST
I agree j-c-m.  I like him but it does seem to me at times that he feels insecure around real horse racing pros and tries too hard to sound like he is on their level.  He does get some good comments from trainers etc; on track where others just go through the same old motions.  Didn;t like his continued excusing of Oisin Murphy though.
Report mrspock April 16, 2022 8:35 PM BST
Normally I cant stand him;but credit where it's due- today he told us live on air that he'd overheard Soumillon say to Fahey that Perfect Power was a sprinter;now how many times do the ITV gravy-trainers tell us such things which they undoubtedly also must overhear.
Report LoyalHoncho April 16, 2022 11:38 PM BST
Agreed.
Report WHOKNOWSTHEBOWLER April 17, 2022 7:13 AM BST
He is class, you don't really think he's as brash and loud off air? All the top trainers give him time of day because he knows his stuff ( Gosden, O'Brien, Charlton etc) . H has a bit of fun with them and asks the right questions , rather than the usual crap like " will he get further?".
Report MJK April 17, 2022 9:35 AM BST
Just an attention seeker. He even wears those ridiculous things on his feet for that precise reason. Can't be honest about Murphy as he won't be able to stalk him at the track anymore if he does, has no problem criticising a yank jockey when his tip loses but won't do the same for his UK jockeys and trainers social media buddies.
Report A_T April 17, 2022 10:43 AM BST
jockeys from these isles never make mistakes - that's a given
Report ihal essex April 17, 2022 1:18 PM BST
The Shouty Man deserves credit for maximising his dubious knowledge of racing, a reckless out-and-out guesser who nevertheless has succeeded in creating many lucrative sources of income but, really, listening to Matt lecturing on responsible gambling.... that's hilarious!
Report basilbrush April 17, 2022 1:57 PM BST
Matts not perfect, but just about the best out there, at least he is entertaining.
Report LoyalHoncho April 17, 2022 3:41 PM BST
I agree again.
Report sparrow April 17, 2022 4:25 PM BST
The only one I have to mute, but if you enjoy his shouting and hollering and the rest of his irritating act..........
Report mrspock April 17, 2022 4:36 PM BST
Leona Mayor for me! hope she takes over from that upper-class s**g, F.Cumani who's been knocked up again.
Report CROPSICK April 17, 2022 5:45 PM BST
i like him, only one worth listening to.
Report unbiased April 17, 2022 7:52 PM BST
The shouting and over the top style in the ring is presumably what he has been ordered to do.As said before when doing a one on one with a trainer he is certainly one of the best,and I believe the trainers enjoy talking to him.He goes straight to the point,no side-stepping.
  His interview,and comments after,with Soumi,was top drawer.
  Try knocking Persad with his dumb question to riders after a big win,"How does that feel?"
  "Terrible Rishi,as I hate riding big race winners on a televised Saturday race,it really leaves me deflated!!!"
Report halcyon days April 17, 2022 7:56 PM BST
If you get the chance watch this.....

Ifhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0exmy__iZFU&ab_channel=AtTheRaces    Cool
Report halcyon days April 17, 2022 8:07 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0exmy__iZFU&ab_channel=AtTheRaces
Report Trendy April 17, 2022 8:25 PM BST
Nice to hear some positive comments regarding Matt.
Report LoyalHoncho April 17, 2022 8:26 PM BST
I'm with you unbiased.  I don;t like his occasional outbursts too much either but accept them as part of the game he plays.  For me he is overall pretty good to watch and listen to.  He does his homework and gets good answers.
Report impossible123 April 18, 2022 2:56 PM BST
Matt is ok...just a bit loud. Bue, he knows his onion unlike bookie parasite Chamberlin.
Report acey deucy April 18, 2022 3:02 PM BST
He does know a lot but still talks plenty of sh1te.Plain
Report impossible123 April 18, 2022 3:20 PM BST
Whichever present "racing journalist" does not? Exposure could lead to more commission in the future; every little helps!
Report differentdrum April 18, 2022 3:34 PM BST
Constant attention seeker, who gives the impression that he is actually more important than the sport. It's all about projecting him.

Yes, he might be better than others, but it is basically a pile of rubbish.
Report impossible123 April 18, 2022 4:23 PM BST
Most of them could be classified as a pile of rubbish opining for their paymasters ie bookies.
Report ZEALOT April 18, 2022 4:38 PM BST
honestly cant stand him for 5 seconds - mute instantly . however i did hear him say a plus tard does not stay the gold cup trip !!

just a total attention seeking imbecile if you ask me . like someone said earlier those things he wears on his feet just proves the attention he craves .
Report ZEALOT April 18, 2022 4:38 PM BST
mutant
Report differentdrum April 18, 2022 4:44 PM BST
I would cut him some slack on the boots, probably no fashion sense whatsoever, just like all of them.
Report sparrow April 18, 2022 7:17 PM BST
Amazing thread with so many praising him.   Must be some sort of record or possibly mass usernames hacking going on.
Report irishone April 18, 2022 8:40 PM BST
He is clueless
Just keep a record of what he tips and what he says
Any seven days you like
His arguments are often outrageous unfounded statements
He dines out on McCriricks ashes
Report differentdrum April 18, 2022 10:33 PM BST
'so many' = 11
Report brassneck April 18, 2022 10:56 PM BST
i wonder do betfair know that it was Matt that caused the mass evacuation of betfair customers by accident,
yes!Matt was the one who would tell us all what was going to start fav for the race,and as punters locked on to betfair to back the selection, betfair started to rotate horse race positions on the live betting market.This brought attention to everyone gambling that the  live market betting on BETFAIR CARD was moving horse race positions.So everyone stopped betting for fear of getting caught by the fast moving software."so thanks Matt,you saved a lot of gamblers a lot of money.And betfair still did not post an apology .And customers will never come back for fear of getting caught.I take my hat off to Matt,the punters friend.Happy
Report BlazingWalker April 19, 2022 7:03 AM BST
I’m still in the world of Big Mac and francombe …… oh they were the days.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vQnaXOsuSy0&feature=share
Report sparrow April 19, 2022 7:50 AM BST
differentdrum Joined: 05 Oct 11
Replies: 1396318 Apr 22 22:33 
'so many' = 11

Yes clearly a record.  Show me a thread with so many people praising this individual.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com