Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
acey deucy
12 Apr 22 17:22
| Topic/replies: 24,917 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
Saying how much he still loves Tom Dascombe but booted his arse out the door..Is this pr1ck for real?
Pause Switch to Standard View Owen What A Hypocrite...
Show More
Report impossible123 April 12, 2022 5:50 PM BST
Personally, I do not think Mr Owen understood or appreciated what a good trainer Dascombe was. But, Mr Owen was the bill payer. Imagine the owner of Man City or Chelsea picking the team every saturday or buying the players.

Hugo Palmer? Leave it out!
Report tyred April 12, 2022 6:00 PM BST
just read an article where it says it was not so much Owen rather the relationship between Dascombe and a certain Exchange owner chappy that had become difficult Crazy
Report acey deucy April 12, 2022 6:02 PM BST
I do feel sorry for Dascombe as he always Trained plenty of winners,like he said he didn't see it coming.Of course Owen can do what he likes as he owns the place but he has gone way way down in my estimations.
Report impossible123 April 13, 2022 9:19 AM BST
How does his outfit work? Present owners of Mr Palmer's charges unaffected eg paying the same fees and under the same t&c as before (with Mr Palmer)? And, Mr Owen getting a share of Mr Palmer's earnings for using his established facilities in return for exposure and credit eg Palmer/Owen?

If so, why'd Mr Palmer accept? Would it not be a step back eg training and running a stable without full autonomy? Seems strange to me.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! April 13, 2022 9:23 AM BST
What does Palmer get?
That takes the biscuit
Actually Huntley and Palmer!!!
Laugh
Report GEORGE.B April 13, 2022 9:35 AM BST
So let me get this straight:

George Boughey was assistant to Hugo Palmer, and since Boughey has gone it alone he's done incredibly well, whereas Palmer has ended up having to take a job up norf?
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 April 13, 2022 10:00 AM BST
Is it still grim up north?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! April 13, 2022 1:09 PM BST
Chav cuntry
Laugh
Report impossible123 April 13, 2022 1:50 PM BST
Apparently Palmer is a salaried trainer with Mr Owen? What does that mean? What about Palmer's other owners?
Report acey deucy April 13, 2022 2:47 PM BST
Is a move Up North ever a good thing? I think not.Laugh
Report impossible123 April 13, 2022 3:24 PM BST
A beggar cannot be a chooser. Is Mr Palmer still getting horses from the big-spending owners some who are deceased?
Report penzance April 13, 2022 3:31 PM BST
trains Ebro River for Al Shaqab,just ran in the
Abernant.
Report liberator of the oppressed April 13, 2022 3:36 PM BST
River ran like a dollop.
Report clacton April 13, 2022 4:36 PM BST
Does Owen own any horses with Palmer. If not what have other people's horses got to do with him?  Could never work out how Owen was involved.
Report tyred April 13, 2022 4:38 PM BST
he owns the stables and had some horses in partnership with Betfair's owner Crazy
Report clacton April 27, 2022 9:06 AM BST
Owen  "I've never been so up for it. I'm getting in early every morning and I'm loving it"
He's getting in early every morning.
TO DO WHAT?
Report geoff m April 27, 2022 9:24 AM BST
The puzzling bit is Owen gave the impression he was more than happy with Dascombe but it was his partner Black who had an issue with Dascombe.
If that was the case then why didnt he keep Dascombe as hes now revealed hes bought Black out.
Report clacton April 27, 2022 9:42 AM BST
There must be a lot more to this than what has been made public.
I just cant see what Owen does and where his income comes from. Does he rent the stables to trainers?
Even if he has got horses with Palmer surely he's not telling him what to do.
Very strange set up.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com