Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
12 Apr 22 17:05
| Topic/replies: 31,798 | Blogger: workrider's blog
A £100,000 winning bonus to a ENGLISH winner , poor Honey will get zilch in added bonus if she wins. If I owned her I'd withdraw her 2 hours before the start and hopefully a English winner emerges so Paddy will HAVE to pay out...Thoughts anyone .
Pause Switch to Standard View Honey V Hill How Unfair Is That ...
Show More
Report tyred April 12, 2022 5:26 PM BST
they should do what us poker players do at the end of a tourney Crazy
Report acey deucy April 12, 2022 5:27 PM BST
If she wins workrider?.....She gets her arse kicked buddy.i can hear the excuses already from Henry she has had a long hard season blah blah blah.Wink
Report acey deucy April 12, 2022 5:28 PM BST
One race to many blah blah blah,you know i am right.Cool
Report impossible123 April 12, 2022 5:35 PM BST
The £100k bonus must apply to Honeysuckle too on condition that Constitution Hill is in the race - no Constitution Hill - no £100k bonus. This way it's only fair to both, and no discrimination against Honeysuckle or Constitution Hill.

Either one does not run - no £100k bonus. The ball is on "chicken" Hendo's court.
Report penzance April 12, 2022 5:44 PM BST
Why would you pull the current fav out and risk possibly losing around £150k
just to make Patsys pay the £100K?
She was going to run in it anyway.
Report impossible123 April 12, 2022 5:55 PM BST
Honeysuckle is best price 4/5 (sly) with Constitution Hill 13/8 (billie). Which represents better value, all things considered eg no-show/trade?
Report workrider April 12, 2022 5:55 PM BST
Just that like many if the bonus didn't apply to my horse, why should I provide Paddy with the free publicity . Can you image the heavyweight champion of the World not getting paid for fighting Penzance.
Report penzance April 12, 2022 6:01 PM BST
Non of 'em are getting anything yet until the result is known.
Report tyred April 12, 2022 6:03 PM BST
the mare is going to run anyway but it's an incentive for the other connections to run their horse, not saying it's fair but it's how it is !
Report workrider April 12, 2022 6:20 PM BST
So the headline act don't get paid, it could only happen in racing.
Report Hayden April 12, 2022 6:29 PM BST
Crikey another race of the century , seems to be one every week
Report workrider April 12, 2022 6:30 PM BST
Hayden..Laugh
Report impossible123 April 12, 2022 6:41 PM BST
Race of the decade was Shishkin vs Energumene whereas Honeysuckle vs Constitution Hill is not; the former is proven (but no Faugheen/beating mediocrities), the latter merely a visually impressive winner in a race run to suit.

It'd be nice it happens however, knowing Hendo this is more likely not to happen. Next year...
Report howard April 13, 2022 3:52 PM BST
merely a visually impressive winner ... how the hell do you spot future champions then ?  You could have run the Cheltenham race any way you like.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden April 13, 2022 4:03 PM BST
the latter merely a visually impressive winner in a race run to suit.

A 5 year old, unbeaten in 3 (a couple of G1's) with an aggregate winning distance of 48L including beating a subsequent G1 winner 22L, sectionals rarely seen, OR 170 (Timeform 177, their highest ever for a novice) and possibly one of the best novice hurdlers ever.
Report howard April 14, 2022 11:51 AM BST
Also Honeysuckle proven but beating mediocrities.   Crazy
Report impossible123 April 14, 2022 7:14 PM BST
Latest from Hendo; The key question is will Constitution Hill travel? If so, only one race ie against Honeysuckle. He'd a discussion with its owner - no agreement - and no promises. But, Epatante and Marie's Rock are definitely travelling. The former (Champion Hurdle/Mares); latter (Mares only).

So not even the Champion Novice Hurdle for Constitution Hill as stated recently? A change of heart again. No doubt for the benefit of his sponsor Unibet (again).

My prediction: Hendo will bottle it (I can understand why), but foregoing 73k euro in the Novice Champion Hurdle - absolutely barmy!; Epatante (vs Honeysuckle); Marie's Rock (Mares).
Report impossible123 April 18, 2022 1:52 PM BST
As predicted this will NOT happen; Constitution Hill (CH) is staying at HOME. Let's hope the supermare is sound for the Punchestown Champion Hurdle on 29th Apr; 1/4 since latest withdrawal news of CH.
Report acey deucy April 18, 2022 2:37 PM BST
Glad to hear it as the form usually ends up on it's arse at Punchestown.I want to see the clash as much as anybody but not at Punchestown.
Report MJK April 18, 2022 2:42 PM BST
Very brave of Henderson to wait until Honeysuckle is another year older and probably past her best.
Report Hayden April 18, 2022 3:09 PM BST
Trainer doesn't own the horse , he's someone on the payroll who far from always gets the decision when and where to run , especially big races / clashes.

Guess the race of the Millennium will have to wait a bit longer , don't worry though there'll be another one along next week.
Report slickster April 18, 2022 4:40 PM BST
Clearly the correct decision for the horse. Did anyone seriously think nicky would pit a 5 year old novice up against an unbeaten mare and giving her 7lbs? Next year is the time. Honeysuckle is 8. The majority of national hunt horses peak at 9 so she should still be at, or very close to her best. No excuses from anyone next March.
Report acey deucy April 18, 2022 5:01 PM BST
Spot on slickster.
Report saxon farm April 18, 2022 5:42 PM BST
Won’t be seen until The Fighting Fifth on November 26th is my guess.
Report impossible123 April 18, 2022 5:56 PM BST
Yep. I believe even Hendo will never be able to persuade owner going over fences with Constitution Hill to replace Shishkin, not even if Hendo threatens not to train him.
Report MJK April 18, 2022 6:48 PM BST
Only a complete headache would think that Honeysuckle will be better next season
Report slickster April 18, 2022 7:29 PM BST
You appear to have serious trouble understanding the English language. Where does it say, or did anyone say Honeysuckle will be BETTER next season???
Report impossible123 April 29, 2022 6:34 PM BST
It was a stroll for Honeysuckle in the end. Even Epatante did not turn up; easy 'evens' backing the non-event. Next March 2/1 Constitution Hill is mega, I think.
Report acey deucy April 29, 2022 6:50 PM BST
Listen and listen good...There is a horse running Tomorrow who imo will be better than both of them.....Vauban 5.00 Punchestown 8-15 and an absolute fakin Cert.Cool
Report impossible123 April 29, 2022 8:07 PM BST
Vauban will win tomorrow probably beating the same horse he beat at Cheltenham. But, I cannot see him beating Honeysuckle let alone Constitution Hill.
Report acey deucy April 29, 2022 8:09 PM BST
He absolutely blew me away at Cheltenham i think he is a Monster.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com