Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
31 Mar 22 14:16
| Topic/replies: 18,472 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
all you need to do is
1 =post an apology that an error occurred on the rotating of race card positions .
2=say you are sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused some customers,and it will never happen again.
3=your customers will come flocking back.
ITS THAT SIMPLE.
Pause Switch to Standard View "COME ON BETFAIR ,ADMIT YOUR MISTAKE."
Show More
Report Rico-Dangleflaps March 31, 2022 2:19 PM BST
sorry
Report Wicklow March 31, 2022 2:25 PM BST
I did have this happen a number of times - but it was sometime last year. I have seen you post about this a few times recently - but I can honestly say I have noticed it happen to me anyway for a long time.

Is it happening every day to you? every race - or just the odd one?
Report freddiewilliams March 31, 2022 2:28 PM BST
Barney be so proud
Report brassneck March 31, 2022 2:31 PM BST
Its the talk of the gambling industry in pubs,clubs,bars,and race tracks,and in bookie offices.They could nip the story in the bud with one word called sorry.but once again betfair dont listen to their customers or ex customers.Sad
Report onlooker March 31, 2022 4:38 PM BST
Wicklow 31 Mar 22 14:25 

..... but I can honestly say I have noticed it happen to me anyway for a long time.

Is it happening every day to you? every race - or just the odd one?
--------------

brassneck IS - 'the odd one'.
Report duffy March 31, 2022 5:41 PM BST
Isn't there an option somewhere that you can alter how horse's are listed in the grid, I thought I'd seen this somewhere but can't find it on Gruss... fav first, race card number first etc, could have something ticked that is causing this.

If so and you had Favourite first then I/R for instance the order would be changing all the time.Confused
Report brassneck March 31, 2022 7:59 PM BST
it started about 6 months ago,i think it was a test,and markets would change before a market formed,but as time passed rotating race cards were occurring every second day(even in small fields) but they were rotating 10 minutes before the off.Last week they started rotating 1 minute before the off,catching everyone out .they rotated to a different position as customers placed their bets,meaning most punters ended up backing the wrong horse.
no punter would put up with that.its hard enough chasing a bot but chasing a horse beats all/thats why everyone left on the same day.many customers were caught,but everyone thought it was their own mistake,until it was discovered that horses were changing position on the race card.its called manipulation of an active financial market in the eyes of the law.or it can be called a mistake.no punter could trust a market that the horse they intend to back changes position on the race card when they try to wager on it.
Report Escapee April 1, 2022 2:51 AM BST
How's the moaning about the playing field going for you brassneck?
Any sign of progress/satisfaction/solution? or has it just knocked a few days/years off your life expectancy.

some people moan moan moan, some people adapt or move on.

life is oh so short, seems silly to invest so much in shouting at a brick wall.

G'luck with it.
Report Ramruma April 1, 2022 8:35 AM BST
@brassneck -- has @duffy nailed it? In other words, have you accidentally opted to sort runners into price order?
Report freddiewilliams April 1, 2022 1:19 PM BST
Trading horses at ure age.....back lay lay back back lay.....is this really how u make a few sheckles...... after the life uve had...... embarrassing
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 3:34 PM BST
once again i tell its illegal to move horses position in rotation  after a race market is formed.the official SP is made up from bets struck with the track bookmakers, a gambling commissioner ,fraud police,inland revenue,will investigate anyone trying to manipulate this official market in any shape or form ,online companies who attempt to exercise this manipulation will have their suitability of personal fitness certificate revoked and may lose their gambling licence .IMVHO.check it out!
Report ItsMeSwaddle April 1, 2022 3:49 PM BST
Stop talking pure pish.
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 3:59 PM BST
so punters are going to back a horse that is likely to move from top to third when they are backing it.
grow up swaddle ,how on earth did you ever get on to a horse racing forum,you havent a clue how the race horse racing industry works.
Report dave1357 April 1, 2022 4:01 PM BST
once again i tell its illegal to move horses position in rotation  after a race market is formed

You show me the UK law that states that and I'll donate a grand to a charity of your choice
Report elise April 1, 2022 4:02 PM BST
does the little voice in his head count ?
Report dave1357 April 1, 2022 4:05 PM BST
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/

^from there
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 4:20 PM BST
let me tell you something.This morning i was on the phone for over an hour with the fraud squad  with a problem a top on line gambling company was having because they were sending deposits of online customers to a roof repairer in Guernsey.
you are out of your depth,if you can not post something constructive about the serious problem of rotation of horses on the betfair race market that is hampering the betfair customers just move on.
but you should know what i am talking about if you place bets on this site.
Report elise April 1, 2022 4:27 PM BST
what's a roof repairer got to do with the betfair rules, or is it just that you slate everyone?
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 4:34 PM BST
remember ,you are talking to the OLD BRASSLaugh
Report geoff m April 1, 2022 4:45 PM BST
Surely you back a hoss by its name not blind on where it sits in the Betfair market.

Caveat Emptor
Report elise April 1, 2022 5:19 PM BST
that's actually in the rules along the lines of it's your responsibility
Report zzzorro April 1, 2022 5:30 PM BST
Correct.
Report freddiewilliams April 1, 2022 5:57 PM BST
Cry
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 6:38 PM BST
the problem happens when you are backing or laying 4 or 5 horses in the same race and they start rotating, you end up landing on the same horse twice,trying to keep your losses down,.
here is a question for you all."who is rotating the market,if its the weight of money why does the price not change"
it seems to me that betfair are turning from exchange into a bookie,and trying to balance their book,because their bots are not making enough profit.And the bots are not making enough money because their bots are matching with their owns bots and the customers are leaving because of the rotation of the horse position changes.
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 6:52 PM BST
income tax will have to be paid on matched amounts -allowances .And mr.revenue who tracks the matched amounts is not going to take an excuse that company bots matched other company bots.AND EVERYONE PAYS INCOME TAX.NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE.
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 6:57 PM BST
so to sum up this thread in simple words
ROTATING HORSE RACE POSITIONS ON THE BETTING MARKET PAGE WILL BE THE FINAL NAIL IN THE BETFAIR COFFIN.IMVHO.
Report freddiewilliams April 1, 2022 6:59 PM BST
U are in late 60s early 70s.....had string of shops....

Were in hole in one gang......part of telephone box gang......and ure trading on ere for pennies.....guessing which way market goes.....take up bowls instead
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 7:16 PM BST
23RD OF MAY/BARNEY CURLEY ANNIVERSARY.MAY HE REST IN PEACE.A TRUE GENTLEMAN.Sad
Report cloone river April 1, 2022 10:46 PM BST
Who runs Betfair Brassneck?
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 11:37 PM BST
Thats a good question,who runs it?our old friend Mr Paul Cutter would have a big say in the running of betfair.Even though he is employed by PP .But like most amalgamated companies its usually the guys at the top with  the most shares.paddy/betfair is owned by the share holders 52% paddy and 48 % betfair i think,but the top shareholders would have the final say as to how it is run.
thats what i think,i may be wrong.
Report brassneck April 1, 2022 11:48 PM BST
a better question to ask is who made the decision to rotate horse race positions in a formed active race market.it is misleading the public .and once a customer is caught on the rotate he will not be too pleased if his initial selection wins and he is matched on another horse.its just not fair to the punters.
Report cloone river April 2, 2022 12:06 AM BST
If you know someone that has shares in Betfair Brassneck get them to ask that question at they next AGM.
I am sure they are plenty of questions that customers on here would like to ask them.
Report pmbets April 2, 2022 1:03 AM BST
God Bless barney Curley's soul.A true gentleman.
Giving a little back his book is a great read.
Report pmbets April 2, 2022 1:04 AM BST
Barney Curley.He championed the punter in the rain in the 70's on the racecourse.Punters never forget.
As of 2022 punters have never had it so bad.It's gone below the sewers in to a hell hole.
Report Ramruma April 2, 2022 11:15 AM BST
Barney Curley took millions off ordinary punters by pulling the horses. People applaud Curley for getting one over on the bookies but forget they are only middlemen for the workers getting fleeced as one of Barney's storms home after being tailed off for two years.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com