Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
skiptoomaloumacari
29 Mar 22 13:58
| Topic/replies: 1,885 | Blogger: skiptoomaloumacari's blog
Is there any evidence for this or is it just typical sky racing hot air...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
Twoboyz
When: 29 Mar 22 14:05
Tarseem ?
By:
elise
When: 29 Mar 22 14:12
it's more likely related to the theory that a horse holds back, so for eg a horse has previously had pain, it's burst or might have breathing issues etc, the idea is that it has to learn that it can run without that pain/problem and it may not always let itself down fully until it does, it's a bit hit and miss, some horses will run through a wall for you no matter what and others are a bit weak mentally and will never chuck it all in no matter what
By:
acey deucy
When: 29 Mar 22 14:19
It's a bit hit and miss because it's the biggest load of fakin bullsh1t i have ever hoyd.Plain
By:
elise
When: 29 Mar 22 14:32
didn't say i agreed with it, just heard it numerous times in relation to horses that have had a problem and need to unlearn pain
By:
bettinghelp
When: 29 Mar 22 14:35
The biggest edge, if there was one, was before the wind ops had to be declared.
By:
The Management
When: 29 Mar 22 14:59
I thought it was a Racing Post thing - the more things they can do to "highlight" or draw your attention to a winner (usually after the race!) then the more people depend on having or subscribing to that information.

Wind op may be a different matter tbf but it's a trend - All the things that used to be considered worthy of note "First Time"; it now seems to be fashionable to mention the second time as well - every type of headgear, second run for new trainer, second run after gelding, second time in a Handicap, etc, etc.

Provision of more information = more dependancy on the provider of the information.

It reminds me of the Daily Express or Mirror back in the day, 3 tipsters, plus "computer man" ratings, plus the strongly fancied (SF), the fancied (F), the each way (EW), Beaten Fav (BF) an indicator letter of ground preference, etc, etc. It's a miracle (after the race!) if they haven't found a way of claiming that they drew your attention to the winner. It's like GAZE on here!

It's not all nonsense - but a lot of it is - it must keep the people with spreadsheets and filters that like to pretend they can win money by looking at historic results, convincing themselves that historic paper trading will translate into future profit when they try it with real money.

Second time in a Chase with first time Cheekpieces is a licence to print! WinkLaugh
By:
elise
When: 29 Mar 22 15:01
unless you really understand the horse and its issues a lot of it is just finger in the air, seen plenty where i've known the issues and you still can't call it, so much is in the horses head
By:
skiptoomaloumacari
When: 30 Mar 22 07:33
Can sky not just tell its presenters to say something original ....Rather than just regurgitating the same old bull the have a million times before......you could come up any old baloney.......no one  takes any notice its just this one has become rather  irksome....
By:
hulk23
When: 30 Mar 22 12:53
big it up if it comes in, don't mention it if it doesn't.  how many times you heard them say "that's another loser for Pricewise' when one of his trails in 15th.  soon as one wins though .....
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com