Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ZEALOT
21 Mar 22 20:33
| Topic/replies: 9,108 | Blogger: ZEALOT's blog
I really feel sorry for yous . Prestbury Park is no longer a place for reserved 40 year old + thoroughbred NH racing enthusiasts . It can now be compared to a cage fighting gig . Full of drunken louts with absolutely no interest in racing whatsoever . Any fool who wears shoes with no socks should not be allowed in , for the simple fact he has no brain .

When this event goes to 4 days it will be on its knees .
Pause Switch to Standard View Just how many proper cheltenham...
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR March 21, 2022 7:36 PM GMT
er its already at 4 days zealot but i take your point!
Report ladycarla March 21, 2022 7:37 PM GMT
Security is the biggest joke ever, by the new stand there was one guy who looked like it was his first day, people were just jumping through the hedge boxes and getting into club, how can it be organised so badly.
Report elise March 21, 2022 7:46 PM GMT
Any fool who wears shoes with no socks should not be allowed in for the simple fact he has no brain ... think my son was one of those, he got on the wrong train home
Report ZEALOT March 21, 2022 7:57 PM GMT
ha , sorry Foyle !!

Dont know what went on there with the mad opening sentence and the 4 days Cry!!
Report FOYLESWAR March 21, 2022 8:04 PM GMT
i very rarely go racing nowdays as the op says  the big meetings are full of chavs and clowns who are there more in the hope of a punch up after a skinfull of overpriced lager  rather than watching the races.
Report alun2005 March 21, 2022 8:27 PM GMT
Some of the 'Security" were tiny lads and lasses who didn't exactly look like they'd be too handy in a drunken brawl.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 21, 2022 9:01 PM GMT
Students from the local uni
Laugh
Report slickster March 21, 2022 9:09 PM GMT
On 5.50 an hourSilly
Report saddo March 21, 2022 9:15 PM GMT
ZEALOT 21 Mar 22 19:33 
Any fool who wears shoes with no socks should not be allowed in , for the simple fact he has no brain .

You should be working in the judiciary trade imo.
Report impossible123 March 22, 2022 7:52 AM GMT
Maybe racecourses could consider introducing tasers for their big meets to manage and maintain law and order.Otherwise fewer and fewer racing enthusiasts in the future.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK March 22, 2022 9:19 AM GMT
enthusiasts Go to plumpton on a Monday
Cheltenham sold out years ago when it went from 3 to 4 days
Betting Irish things one after another Friday
Piss heads where always going burst into song
Lovely weather free flowing beer
Report stu March 22, 2022 10:37 AM GMT
It's a general trend across sport watching currently - look at the snooker Masters for example, the crowd were acting like a football crowd...at snooker!
Report tony6499 March 22, 2022 4:27 PM GMT
Boxings gone the same way, haven't been to a big fight for years. Pissed up idiots spoiling for a fight, gate crashing into seats they haven't paid for and all the rest so won't go now. Was a regular for years since the 70's but now I stick at home and watch it on TV.
Haven't been racing on a Saturday for years either, just can't be bothered dealing with all the idiots going. If it's a Saturday or there is a pop concert after I know not to bother going
Report casemoney March 22, 2022 5:21 PM GMT
During the  week for me if I go .
Report casemoney March 22, 2022 5:21 PM GMT
No big meets
Report DonegalPrince March 22, 2022 5:31 PM GMT
for 30 odd years we have gathered at the hot toddy bar after most races. A pleasant place mostly populated by genuine racing fans and , seemingly, a meeting place for many Irish lads. Always been a great atmosphere there. No doubt prompted by the desperate lack of income , Renton has now placed a gin van there which (they were the £14 drinks reported in the RP) predictably it was populated by shoeless g*******s ,none of whom even knew there was a race about to start. GC day saw the toddy bar card machine break down (therefore no sales as cashless venue) but the gin van ploughed on. Approaching the GC there was a line about 25 yards long all of them belting out some gormless chant at the top of their voices for about 5 minutes. Left after APT passed the post. It is very sad indeed how this event has deteriorated.
Report halcyon days March 24, 2022 1:15 PM GMT
I was there Tues & Weds. On the Wednesday after racing they drafted in police from as far as Wales to Cheltenham Spa station to stop the the '' lagered up lado's  '' fighting ! The Festival... has for me completely lost its identity due to The Jockey Club's insatiable greed for making more money ! 280,000 people over four days... the T/O must run into millions of pounds !!! Sad really... Sad
Report Hibore March 24, 2022 1:24 PM GMT
I was there all 4 days and went from the Members Insurance bar to “Pods” by the Guinness Village everyday as was with 2 different groups. We also stayed till 7pm all days to miss the traffic jams.

I didn’t see any of the fights or antisocial behaviour that have been reported or posted on here. If it was near the centaur then I’d steer well clear of that awful place in the future.
Report SlippyBlue March 24, 2022 1:30 PM GMT
Remember a few years back, pre covid era. Swansea & Cardiff football "fans" arrange to meet up for a brawl and picked Newbury on race day as the venue. Not a rozzer in sight of course.

Friday night at the July course with Jools Holland or Craig David or whomever on afterwards. Literally several thousand drunks, charlied up causing aggro.
Report 1st time poster March 24, 2022 1:56 PM GMT
if they dont wear socks where do they keep their money Wink
Report Facts March 24, 2022 2:06 PM GMT

1st time poster 24 Mar 22 13:56 
if they dont wear socks where do they keep their money Wink

I refer you to the book/film Papillon Shocked
Report LoyalHoncho March 24, 2022 2:16 PM GMT
Billy McNeill caused the split with and thus eventually sold Charlie Nicholas from Celtic because he didn;t like him, as a young lad,  turning up to training with shoes and no socks.  It doesn't make you a bad person.  However I commiserate with you all who suffered at the hands of yobs and louts at the meeting.
I stopped going live about five years ago when it became clear that Perth was now the locum of choice for what looked like every hen party in Scotland.  Listen in at the next summer meeting to the bf commentaries and you'll hear the caterwauling!  And it gets louder and louder as the day progresses!
Report isleham March 24, 2022 2:23 PM GMT
if you enjoyed the Guiness enclosure last week Cork sounds just your cup of tea today
Report dambuster March 24, 2022 5:41 PM GMT
No Booze to be sold unless in the restaurants or owners and trainers bar.
AND DRUG SNIFFER DOGS ON ALL THE ENTRANCES, IF THEY DO THAT AT CHELTENHAM AND ROYAL ASCOT, YOU WILL STOP THE FIGHTING
Report stratfordman March 24, 2022 8:29 PM GMT
It's what is known as the 'banter lad type' I am led to believe.

This creature has been infiltrating the British Racecourse all too often in the past decade, along with scantily clad dizzy bints.

It's time for the gloves to come off and send this brand of yob packing
Report Nogoody March 25, 2022 8:16 AM GMT
Ah no, leave the scantilys, I hope I never go blind.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com