Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Storm Alert
19 Mar 22 13:06
| Topic/replies: 7,518 | Blogger: Storm Alert's blog
Uttoxeter is always a bit underwhelming. This Midlands GN quality seems to get worse every year. I remember being there when Lord Oaksie did a bungee jump of all things. Trying to work out which year that was possibly early 90's?
Pause Switch to Standard View Can't beleive it Cheltenham over for...
Show More
Report Ramruma March 19, 2022 12:10 PM GMT
360 days to the Supreme Novices Hurdle.
Report impossible123 March 19, 2022 12:44 PM GMT
I can and glad it's over too despite backing the winners of 3/4 major races eg Supreme (future champion), Champion Hurdle and Gold Cup.

Nevertheless, bring on the Flat which I cannot wait!
Report Ramruma March 19, 2022 12:55 PM GMT
Seven days to the Lincoln.
Report Storm Alert March 19, 2022 12:58 PM GMT
Years ago used to look forward to the flat season, but find it a bit underwhelming nowadays. The recognised classic trial races used to be great fun building up to the 1000/2000 guineas and the Derby/Oaks but all but rendered irrelevant by O'Brien scatter gun approach (who knows what will run or win). Last few seasons classics have been more like a lottery than I can ever remember and sadly a bit of a transitional period for outstanding older horses.
Report impossible123 March 19, 2022 1:48 PM GMT
I think the dominance of O'Brien is waning (famous last words) given the resurgence of Appleby and Godolphin. but, still a force to be reckoned with - carrot or no carrot.
Report freddiewilliams March 19, 2022 1:57 PM GMT
Did most punters win over week
Report impossible123 March 19, 2022 2:06 PM GMT
Did the media pundits/tipsters eg Pricewize, etc win? I doubt it very much given the bashing bookies received courtesy of Mr Mullins and Ms Blakemore.
Report Storm Alert March 19, 2022 3:06 PM GMT
I would have thought form punters did well. The grade one races were pretty easy to get right if you could stomach the short prices. It paid to concentrate on the morning prices. Constitution Hill, Edwardstone and Honeysuckle go me off to a great start. Lhomme Presse was an obvious on day two with the state of the ground and A Plus Tard an obvious winner to me.

Even some of the outsiders were backable. I managed to get a few bob on Coole Cody for old times sake at 30.0 on the exchange. I even managed a bet on Chambard at 60.0 and amazed it's BSF was 72.0+ considering it had good enough form. The Nice Guy and Banbridge both had a chance despite being 25.0 and 21.0 on the exchange.
Report acey deucy March 19, 2022 3:29 PM GMT
The placepots were well winable every day 5-6 first two days and landed the last two so i made a profit.
Report monarch March 19, 2022 3:29 PM GMT
This form punter didn't do well!! I readily opposed Constitution Hill as the Tolworth form looked very average. Laid it accordingly, so on the backfoot from race 1.
Report freddiewilliams March 19, 2022 3:52 PM GMT
Form punter did not win?
Walofs
Won by miles
Report sparrow March 19, 2022 4:09 PM GMT
I'm not a jumps man these days but looking at the results I find it hard to believe that they weren't in the punters favour.
Report impossible123 March 19, 2022 4:29 PM GMT
Definitely a winning Festival despite only a handful of bets. But a few sickeners esp Ginto - a horse with enormous Gold Cup potential; Shishkin a big let down under yet undefined circumstance.

But, Constitution Hill is a breath of fresh air, and A Plus Tard the emphatic Gold Cup winner; 5/2 and 5/1 Champion Hurdle and Gold Cup respectively. I think the latter could represent good value given Galopin Des Champ (jumps like Might Bite); Bob Olinger (no chance presently). I think the RSA was substandard.
Report monarch March 19, 2022 4:41 PM GMT
freddie - on Constitution Hill it was obvious that a form student would question the Tolworth form. The 2nd was tailed off on its next start (and subsequently beaten again today for what its worth). The 3rd was hammered in a Class 3 in Wincanton, while the 4th was also beaten next time (admittedly in a G2). While Constitution Hill was certainly impressive in the Tolworth, the form was clearly questionable. Arguably, to borrow from Mr Shakespeare, the Supreme winner shows that literal form lines are not the 'be-all and end-all.'I guess we sometimes have to rely on what we see.
Report freddiewilliams March 19, 2022 4:45 PM GMT
N Henderson....makes fools of many........one race  what about other 23
Report monarch March 19, 2022 4:56 PM GMT
freddie - my response, while just highlighting Constitution Hill, can easily be expanded to other Festival races (of which there was more than another 23 btw). For example, the winner of the Foxhunters was beaten 12 lengths by yesterdays 2nd the last time they met. Of course, there is different ways of looking at and analysing form. But a literal interpretation warranted a questioning of Constitution Hill or Billaway, the Foxhunters winner.
Report greedkillsmybankagain March 20, 2022 5:07 PM GMT
Ronnie.rails quote
worst week ever his shop
Report Storm Alert March 21, 2022 9:11 AM GMT
I backed Winged Leader in the hunter's chase and not surprised Billaway got up as has always improved from his first race of the season. I just thought 7/1 vs. evens made it worth taking a chance. Billaways best from was slightly better than Winged Leaders best form and both of them were better than everything else and that's how it worked out.

Constitution Hill was more subjective, but I was confident Dysart Dynamo's hurdling was not particularity fluent for a race like the Supreme.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 21, 2022 1:35 PM GMT
Actually Cheating Patrick broke the rules to win race
NOT AN FAIR FIGHT
tATTS TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR ONLY£52

PS Not a sale price
Devil
Report Somerset Sam March 21, 2022 5:21 PM GMT
Why would anyone want to be charged £7 for a Guinness, £14 for a G&T, in plastic cups and for a high percentage of those standing around you to be coked out their t!ts?

Come racing they say? No thanks.
Report impossible123 March 21, 2022 6:22 PM GMT
Fleece the supporters of horseracing. Where have we heard that before? Bookies and some racecourses are no different to a loan shark or a preying mantis; once in their grasp they'll screw you for every penny possible.

A special breed these two entities of horseracing!
Report Somerset Sam March 21, 2022 8:46 PM GMT

Mar 21, 2022 -- 7:22PM, impossible123 wrote:

Fleece the supporters of horseracing. Where have we heard that before? Bookies and some racecourses are no different to a loan shark or a preying mantis; once in their grasp they'll screw you for every penny possible. A special breed these two entities of horseracing!

Couldn't agree more. The borderline obsession with getting a younger crowd brings with it the drug fuelled behaviour that's commonly seen when nightclubs are spilling out. Yet they expect families to attend in the same breath.

I used to think the toilet queys were down to the lack of them, it's because all the cubicles are being used for recreational drug taking. Yes it's societies problem too but it doesn't make it acceptable and its not what the sport should be about.

Report smirnoff2therescue March 21, 2022 11:10 PM GMT
loadsa drug dogs 1st day - not so prevalent day 2 when ya needed to be on drugs to be there LaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com