Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DancingBraveTheBest
15 Mar 22 14:54
| Topic/replies: 2,913 | Blogger: DancingBraveTheBest's blog
what would happen iyho? I think he would win itHappy
Pause Switch to Standard View If Constitution Hill was running in...
Show More
Report Vubiant March 15, 2022 2:47 PM GMT
I think so too . Looks a very weak Champion Hurdle.
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 15, 2022 4:27 PM GMT
I dont think it was weak Vubiant, winner unbeaten, previous winner 2nd....far from weak imo but i still think CH would have won it knowing what we know nowHappy
Report Vubiant March 15, 2022 5:14 PM GMT
Ok -maybe 'very weak' was a bit extreme.. One can pick holes in any form. My main case would be that Epatante has declined from 162 to 153 in the ratings and Zanahiyr,while consistent,doesn't win many races lately and was clobbered by Honeysuckle before . CH looks a champion in the making.
I also think incidentally  that the 7lb mares allowance is excessive -I'd like to see it back to 5lb.
Report thurnscoe thunder March 15, 2022 5:32 PM GMT
Only one winner on ratings today for me and thats Constitution Hill and it wouldnt have been close.
Looking at it all through prior Racing Post Ratings

Taking Jonbon 149 and Kilcruit 141 as markers, the 2.5 lengths he has beaten him is pretty much inline as I would say Kilcruit has improved its mark slightly, now saying Jonbon hasnt improved and run a pb and produced his previous best then the 22 lengths he has been beaten would put Constitution Hill on a rating of 171.

If you do the same with the Champion Hurdle, the 3rd is a consistent 159 rated horse whos been beaten a length by Epatante which puts her on 160 (less 7lbs allowance) so a mark of 153 which she has produced in 5 out of her last 6 runs. Honeysuckle has therefore run to 164 (less 7lb) so a mark of 157.

Thats a full 14lb inferior to Constitution Hill, or 7lb with the allowance, or 7 lengths.

Thats nothing to do with the speed of the race just distances of how close they are to each other.
Her marks have been 5lb or so lower this year, and i think its 3 lb or so lower again today.

All opinion of course
Report impossible123 March 15, 2022 5:41 PM GMT
Honeysuckle deserved to win as she's the best horse notwithstanding the 7lb allowance; vintage Champion Hurdle clearly is not. Maybe next year if the incumbent takes on Constitution Hill.

I'm so glad that's where he's going and not at the whimp of Hendo eg Altior and Shishkin -->  Champion Chase.
Report BULLET TOOTH TONY March 15, 2022 6:36 PM GMT
Appreciate it was impressive supreme winner last year.

Well beaten in this years CH
Report strontium March 15, 2022 6:44 PM GMT
Supreme fell apart last year, but looked strong beforehand this year. AI also looked to blow up today.
Report duffy March 15, 2022 7:10 PM GMT
They sacrificed AI's strength trying to get the mare beat, got to the front and slammed on the brakes, tried to turn it into a sprint and his jumping suffered as a consequence...jumped poorly practically the whole race. Should have let him stride on at a good clip, at least he would have gone down giving him his best chance.
Report slickster March 15, 2022 7:32 PM GMT
Next year 7-4 honeysuckle 5-2 constitution hill. Staggering that they expect people to bet those prices with a year to go. Sickening robbery.
Report duncan idaho March 15, 2022 7:42 PM GMT
Staggering that they expect people to bet those prices with a year to go. Sickening robbery.

Sprinter Sacre was 2/1 for QM straight after he won the Arkle...i'm guessing you'd have considered that stingy but he hosed up @ 1/4. I certainly wouldnt expect them to be going much bigger than 5/2 C Hill after today's display
Report slickster March 15, 2022 7:46 PM GMT
Same every year. The supreme winner for next year's champion. Supreme winners DONT win next year's champion. Fact. 5-2? A year to go? No thanks.
Report metro john March 15, 2022 8:31 PM GMT
Numbers look positive 173P here, I for one would like to see him beat the mare, what a contest!
But so many options 20f would not stop him.
Report geoff m March 15, 2022 8:50 PM GMT
Would have blown Honeysuckle out the water.
Not just the time of the race outstanding . But the sectionals even more so.

30 lengths quicker to 4 out yet still runs quicker from the 2nd last to the line despite Nico coasting last 1/2 furlong.
Report geoff m March 15, 2022 8:50 PM GMT
The best Supreme performance since Golden Cygnet and could be as good.
Report Adelaide March 15, 2022 9:36 PM GMT
Jonbon lost a shoe..
Report metro john March 15, 2022 9:57 PM GMT
Constitution Hill s jumping and athletic prowess makes me think could win a queen mum one day?, We can dream!Love
Report Rico-Dangleflaps March 15, 2022 10:01 PM GMT
geoff m 15 Mar 22 20:50 
Would have blown Honeysuckle out the water.
Not just the time of the race outstanding . But the sectionals even more so.

so,in a way slower ran race how do you know it would win easily?
Report geoff m March 16, 2022 1:35 AM GMT
I dont Rico.

will never be beaten again bar an accident.
Rico-Dangleflaps
Rico-Dangleflaps15 Mar 22 13:40Joined: 07 Sep 18 | Topic/replies: 25,224 | Blogger: Rico-Dangleflaps's blog
FACT.
Report LoyalHoncho March 16, 2022 2:00 PM GMT
How can it be robbery?  Just don;t put your hand in your pocket.

Epatante got closer to Honey this year but the winner's heart and fluency is great to watch.  Great ride too from a fantastic jockey.
I suppose they will keep going with her until she does get beat but what a legend she is who has fulfilled her promise and potential.
Good future luck to Constitution Hill.  The owner seems a gent and has given so much to racing over the years.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com