Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
AraziTheGreatest
14 Mar 22 23:04
| Topic/replies: 524 | Blogger: AraziTheGreatest's blog
Unpronounceable thing, but does anyone know how it's French form stands up.

Concertina was last unraced horse I can remember Mullins running at festival and she just got nabbed on the line.

Might be worth a couple of quid each way.
Pause Switch to Standard View Bumper - unraced Mullins horse,...
Show More
Report AraziTheGreatest March 14, 2022 10:06 PM GMT
Bloody autocorrect. Concertista obviously.
Report Ramruma March 14, 2022 10:35 PM GMT
A pedant asks how Houlanbatordechais has any French form if it is unraced.

Willie Mullins has no fewer than seven in the race so my advice would be to search out whichever paper Patrick Mullins writes for (Irish Independent still?) and hope he puts them into some sort of order.

Owned by the Riccis who send him rather than their promising Mercurey. That might be a clue.

Good luck.
Report Ramruma March 14, 2022 11:08 PM GMT
Patrick writes in the Racing Post that: "...Houlanbatordechais is another French mystery man. But he ain't here for the fresh air."
Report AraziTheGreatest March 15, 2022 12:07 AM GMT
Thank you kind pedant, I knew what I meant!
Report geoff m March 15, 2022 12:21 AM GMT
Concertista wasnt unraced prior to the festival.
Report Ramruma March 15, 2022 10:41 AM GMT
Here is what Patrick says in today's paper:-

It was impossible not to pick Facile Vega in the bumper. He has taken the eye all season at home and continued to improve throughout. He is a striking-looking beast and his performances have been explosive. I rode him work in the Curragh last week, only the third time I’ve sat on him at home, and he blew me away.

However, Redemption Day’s work is also noteworthy. A completely different type, small and narrow, he wouldn’t catch your eye until he’s asked to. His relaxed temperament will also be a huge asset to him here. James’s Gate came to the yard after Christmas and it’s unusual for one to run so quickly after arriving in our yard, let alone go to Cheltenham, with Tornado Flyer the only one I can think of. Who knows how much improvement he has in him. Madmansgame will dwarf everything else in the ring, and his future is bright, while Houlanbatordechais is another French mystery man. But he ain’t here for the fresh air.
Report The Dragon March 15, 2022 10:44 AM GMT
lucky pin time on this one i reckon
Report strontium March 15, 2022 10:52 AM GMT
Briar Hill went off at 25/1 ridden by Ruby when he won.
Report Ramruma March 15, 2022 11:15 AM GMT
Patrick gets first dibs but he is not the best riding groom in the Mullins barn.
Report strontium March 15, 2022 11:35 AM GMT
Yes, apparently he has commented that he thinks Redemption Day is better than Facile Vega, yet he has (apparently) chosen to ride FV.
Report Ramruma March 16, 2022 12:24 AM GMT
Houlanbatordechais has more than halved in price so hope OP is on.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com